AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 20:27   Link #21
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I kind of miss the dresses from the book, but given how it was so obvious this was a budget-saving episode, I shouldn't have expected that much. ^^;
Old 2013-11-24, 11:28   Link #22
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Differences between the LN and the anime (that I caught):
  • Henrietta does not point out Charasin's crush on Marielle in her inner monologue in the anime
Also missing is the mention of the effect she herself is contributing to. Poor Charasin, forced to the wall by two of Akiba's beauties

Quote:
  • Henrietta lowers the price from 50,000 to 30,000; in the LN, she lowers it to 40,000
Aye, the LN states 40k instead of 30k. Anime Henrietta drives the bargain harder than her original

Another point that the anime skipped is Henrietta's introduction to the other members in Shiroe's team (aka the members of his guild) after she smacked the three guildmasters with his name =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 08:43   Link #23
DQueenie13

Episode 9 comparison:
  • Didn't include how exactly Isaac and Shiroe knew each other (it was stated that Shiroe went raiding with the BSK several times before the Apocalypse in the LN)
  • The newbie players in Hamelin had speaking roles; we see Isuzu talking to Minori and the guard(?) getting suspicious because of that
  • The commotion in the meeting was mainly cut out/people were less surprised
  • Serara speaks more, but the part where she brings in fruit juice (or was it tea?) is cut out, so it seems as though she's there for no reason.
  • Just a random note, we see Rieze (the DDD member with really bushy hair) and apparently, the person that's been accompanying Isaac is Rezarick (who will be seen more in the rendition of volumes 3 and 4). That's at least what I've gathered from some of the Japanese boards.
  • The part from episode 8, with the guard telling Minori to make aprons, was originally during the meeting in the LN
  • Minori's inner monologue about Shiroe was also moved to ep8
  • The anime subs seem to have called the Hamelin summoner "Shreider" rather than "Shredder," but I think that might just be a subbing mistake because Akatsuki still makes the shredder joke.
  • The anime ends the discussion with Isaac telling Shiroe to tell them his plan in full, moving that part from the middle of discussion to after they talk about Crescent Moon's secret
  • The anime gave a reason as to why Shoryuu didn't come to the kids' aid; he ran off to help Hien with whatever.
  • We didn't see Akatsuki use her flying knee like she does with Naotsugu ... but I suppose she did look more graceful
  • It's not different from the LN, but I found it amusing how Shreider seems to have instantaneously picked up Akatsuki in the anime.
  • No steam engine and no explanation as to the importance of the discovery.
  • The actual formation of the Round Table Council (with everyone going "we'll join!") is cut out.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:31   Link #24
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

The steam engine part and the actual formation of the council should come in the next episode methinks =3

If I'm not wrong, Rieze and Rezarick aren't the only ones that got an early appearance. The sidekicks shown in this episode should be people who will be briefly mentioned or make an appearance from volume three onwards. Aside from the ones mentioned or are already known to us (like Nazu-nee and the Major), I think I can at least name Kaayu (Ocean Syndicate, volume 3 chapter 2 part 3) and Taro (Charasin's helper in volume 5 chapter 3 part 3).

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 16:03   Link #25
DQueenie13

Episode 10:
  • As Estavali said, the steam engine came this week. Ignore my statement for episode 9
  • Isaac came after Crescent Moon and WWB in the LN; in the anime, he came before all the others
  • Maryele went to Log Horizon's new building, whereas it was only Henrietta in the LN
  • Maryele brought a ton of food that certainly were not fruits
  • I don't think the Lander scouts were in the LN, or at least weren't mentioned (like the way they were in the anime).
  • Isaac brought only 2 Summoners and no Rezarick in the LN. He also ate the rest of the fruits Henrietta brought and only flooded the first two floors rather than the entire building. (And lol only the tank got swept away by the water, not even the Enchanter was really affected.)
  • Can't recall if Isaac said that "Hurr durr Landers have no soul" in the LN but he probably did, because y'know, Isaac.
  • The scene with Henrietta and Marielle in the process of moving was cut out of the anime
  • Part with Misa and Krusty wasn't in the LN
Old 2013-12-07, 17:02   Link #26
Divini
Senpai!

This is quickly becoming one of the best anime adaptations in my eyes.

Firstly, the pace is perfect. Perhaps its a little on the slow side but YMMV - I think it's just right. Secondly, It also does a good job selecting what material to animate given the limited time frame of the episode. Finally, the anime original scenes that's added just enhances the source material even more, while remaining faithful to it.

Probably the best example of my latter two points was during Touya's and Minori's escape from Hamelin. The LN spent a lot of time talking about Touya's disability and Minori's thoughts on it. The anime condensed that into a ~10 second flashback of Minori and a wheelchair, while being led by Touya. The viewer would immediately understand everything from just that, and it arguably has an even bigger impact that way.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 17:07   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

looking at how well LH got adapted i really wish NHK had done maoyuu as well.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:32   Link #28
tsunade666

Is it really that well adapted? I know the central plot and distinctiveness of the story is there but I wish the animation isn't so bland or look silly .... well, who am I kidding. Its a show for kinds >_>
Old 2013-12-07, 17:34   Link #29
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is it really that well adapted? I know the central plot and distinctiveness of the story is there but I wish the animation isn't so bland or look silly .... well, who am I kidding. Its a show for kinds >_>
Maoyuu had better animation but the pacing was too fast and skip over tons of events.

LH has less then avg animation but the pacing is a lot better then maoyuu.

i will take better pacing over better animation any day.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:55   Link #30
tsunade666

^That's true but.... >_> I will also like a more pleasant scene to see than distorted drawings.
Old 2013-12-07, 20:50   Link #31
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, one has to remember this is NHK doing it. Its a television studio. Which has no qualms to dump over 80+ episodes on their Masterpiece animation series. Even though the style of animation is not exactly modern.

Log Horizon has no issues with pacing because they don't have no time constraints in terms of how many episodes you want. As long as Mamare can churn out the material, the NHK guys will just shrug and match him.
Old 2013-12-07, 20:57   Link #32
tsunade666

log hora for now only has 25/26 episode. 2 cour.
Old 2013-12-07, 22:34   Link #33
DQueenie13

Quote:
log hora for now only has 25/26 episode. 2 cour.
It's not confirmed for 2 cour yet.
Old 2013-12-07, 22:37   Link #34
Xacual

Yes it is. We know this season has 25 episodes so it's two cour in comparison to a one cour show that is only 12-13 episodes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 22:56   Link #35
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yes it is. We know this season has 25 episodes so it's two cour in comparison to a one cour show that is only 12-13 episodes.
Wouldn't one cour mean one season? All of these are part of one season, isn't it?

Looking at other websites, one cour just means how many episodes fit into one Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer season?

Gah, this is all too confusing. This is what I get for watching anime/TV regularly for the first time in like, 5 years.
Old 2013-12-07, 23:30   Link #36
Alf

Well, language changes....I used to see something like "two seasons anime" many year ago, but now people are using "two cour". There used to be some confusion in the term "season" that, people would mostly say "Season 2" to describe a sequel, while use actual season as a unit to describe series length. Now it seems most people tend to use "cour" so less confusion.

I've been away from these forums for some years until recently so I wouldn't know how did the transition happen.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 23:30   Link #37
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Wouldn't one cour mean one season? All of these are part of one season, isn't it?

Looking at other websites, one cour just means how many episodes fit into one Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer season?

Gah, this is all too confusing. This is what I get for watching anime/TV regularly for the first time in like, 5 years.
Yes a 1 cour show is basically a show that just spans one airing season(winter, spring, summer or fall). A two cour show spans two seasons.

If you're talking specifically about a show though the first season of Log Horizon will be two cour, 25 episodes. I blame season for being used in similar contexts.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 08:23   Link #38
Gundamx

Quote:
It should be noted that despite Naotsugu not playing for 2 years. His still one of the top guardian in yamato server. Its been noted when in vol 3 or is it 4? the vaca/Training camp that Marielle proposed.
FFXI say hello
most famous japan mmorpg

Before they add level cap 99 -> It used to be only up to 75
New expansion will not raise level cap. Only add new raid, zone and missions
and stay like that for 3 expansions+-

So if:
1- You didn't play for 3 years but still have Sky or Dynamis full armors/weapon
(first expansion 24 raid)

2- When you log back at third expansion
(after 3-4 years)

3- Your character will stay op/epic
(especially if you have weapon from farming Dynamis like Excalibur)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 11:12   Link #39
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I'm surprised they didn't add a West Wind Brigade girl to the summer camp trip.

The LN did mention that every guild from the Round Table Council sent at least one member.
Old 2013-12-14, 11:15   Link #40
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I'm surprised they didn't add a West Wind Brigade girl to the summer camp trip.

The LN did mention that every guild from the Round Table Council sent at least one member.
Probably just didn't show them. Rezarick appeared for one slight scene, in the background, but he was the Black Sword Knights' representative (along with other unnamed members).

And after starting to watch episode 11 on a different website, I realized that the first version I watched chopped off half the episode.