AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 10:24   Link #5281
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I agree with this. Not to mention, he could have had surgery much earlier with much improved chances of survival and recovery... but he chose to hold off just to keep her near. That's more than just "I want you by my side until the end". It's, "I have an opportunity to get well, but I'm not going to take it because then you'll leave, and we can't have that, so I'll keep the guilt up as long as I can".
Think of it as he didn't have the courage to do the surgery before, but then Haruto came and gave him that courage.

Just that he failed anyway.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 10:53   Link #5282
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekirai View Post
Something make me think Eba okay with that.

In chapter 101 after Kazama's death. She even said "If I was against the surgery just a little more, Kyousuke would have been alive for a little bit longer."
at that point it would have been true. by then the surgury was probaly doomed to fail so saying that not going for the surgy was the best choice after waiting to long probably would have bean better. he should have gone forward with it sooner. then it wouldn't be an issue
Old 2010-10-17, 11:05   Link #5283
KrimzonStriker

I don't think anyone has any real basis to say whether or not he had any more of a chance if he had done it earlier versus having done it later, it was still extremely dangerous from the get go and he still had a year to go when he took the surgery as it is so it wasn't like he was laid up in bed gasping his last breath at the time.

Also, for those now deciding to focus on Kazama as the bad guy for what he did, certainly it wasn't admirable, but under his particular circumstance I find it to be at least understandable. I mean, take the end of the world scenario, what do most people respond when posed the question if the world was coming to an end? Turn it into party central that's what, the act itself is rather pointless but at that moment all anyone wants to do is reaffirm the feeling of being alive to themselves at the very least. As for Eba, I really am not convinced that she didn't on some level cared for Kazama in her own way, obviously not at the level of love, but still enough to feel an obligation at the very least, and that there was more to their history then the death card as I believe was previously hinted at.
Old 2010-10-17, 12:22   Link #5284
Animekirai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
As for Eba, I really am not convinced that she didn't on some level cared for Kazama in her own way, obviously not at the level of love, but still enough to feel an obligation at the very least.
Then it's return to question. Is she really loves or at least care for Haruto?

Just because the guy is dying doesn't mean you have to dump the guy you actually like and start dating him.

If she felt like she was so indebted to Kazama, she would have never rejected him in the first place. He begged her to go out with him while she was still single when there were no apparent sacrifices she would have needed to make. Yet now that he is dying all of a sudden she feels this overwhelming need to return his favor and is willing to destroy lives and lie to do it? That doesn't make much sense at all.

Having two guys that really like her and using them like a used tissue. Yeah, let Kazama died by his decision. Is this her repaid him and sacrificing her happiness for this?

Haruto cares about her a lot and she acts just as heartless. Shes had Haruto fallen so deep in love with her that he would move from where hes lived all his life to Tokyo just to hear the words "I'm breaking up with you" from her lips.

All that being said. I truly don't think she loves Haruto. Her actions have made that pretty clear.

If Haruto going to be so obsessed with Eba again. I think they are great couple. Because he doesn't deserve any of the other girls to be honest.
Animekirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 13:18   Link #5285
KrimzonStriker

Look, I think I mentioned this before, but I'll repeat it again, at most I think Kazama's death-card simply put Eba on the clock to pay him back for whatever she owed him before he passed on. That would make the whole chronology seem logical wouldn't you say? I mean, it does no good to return a favor when he's dead now does it?

I don't quite understand the logic of her 'using' Kazama, it was to be fair the other way around. Everyone has their own way of expressing their feelings to an individual, respecting their decision is one of them, both sides had their own logic in that regard even if more of us leaned toward the take the surgery and at least have a chance of living option. It's like the reverse with patients who want euthanasia.

Let's be fair on that one as well, Haruto was ultimately responsible for those decisions, she tried to reject him quite a few times beforehand if you recall.

On that score I'd have to agree with you, her feelings weren't strong enough to turn Kazama down at the time despite her relationship with Haruto, but I don't quite think she didn't care for him though, her actions to me represented a person who was confused and emotionally erratic when caught between some pretty difficult circumstances. Was she weak-willed in doing so? Yes, and I think her previous circumstance with her family/sister indicates that, but that's more of a character flaw then malicious intent.

Uh, let's at least give him some credit, when he got his answer he moved on, I think a lot of people could do with the same attitude and enjoy the new relationship he has with Asuka already.
Old 2010-10-17, 14:21   Link #5286
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post

On that score I'd have to agree with you, her feelings weren't strong enough to turn Kazama down at the time despite her relationship with Haruto, but I don't quite think she didn't care for him though, her actions to me represented a person who was confused and emotionally erratic when caught between some pretty difficult circumstances. Was she weak-willed in doing so? Yes, and I think her previous circumstance with her family/sister indicates that, but that's more of a character flaw then malicious intent.
this is why i don't hold stock with the whole "she must not have cared for Haruto very much" he primary character flaw is being week willed, and as such when push comes to shove she'll give in. she didn't have Haruto in Tokyo with her to be a source of strength she could have used, if he was in the same town as her when Kazama made the request i think she may have been able to say No to him. the fact that she needed the help makes it her character flaw, and she'' have to get over it, which is i think how this manga needs to go when she gets reintroduced, she needs to start developing that flaw out of her character, but i don't think it will be gone until the end of the manga, as it's what drives most of the drama, in the manga...
Old 2010-10-17, 14:30   Link #5287
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

What exactly did she owe him anyway?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:32   Link #5288
Xaturas

He opened her to ppl and made her cheerful or some sh1t like that (its somewhere in manga when she dissed haruto face to face)
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:54   Link #5289
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Hasn't been clarified exactly, has been hinted at on occasion (Kazama and Haruto's dialog on the rooftop being one example and Eba's allusion that he helped her and such in school) and will likely be explored when she inevitably returns, something to be dealt with in order to get closure and a story resolution. Probably why we were abruptly cut off during her dialog with Haruto last time, saves it for something to discuss and explore in later chapters. Could even be a parallel to Haruto's own relationship with Kazama at the time if I were to guess.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:41   Link #5290
Cream

Did someone say there isnt a chapter coming out this week?
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 18:56   Link #5291
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
He was one of the first people, if not the first one, to be nice and talk to her.

And that does mean a lot when you are new to a school. I can credit many of the friends I made to one person when I transferred in middle school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Did someone say there isnt a chapter coming out this week?
Yes, there is a one week break.
Old 2010-10-17, 20:53   Link #5292
ZeKeR
Superbad

so nanami is officially taken out, huh? yuzuki is MIA, akari is out, and nagoshi is... umm... out?
dammit! all the good characters are wiped out!
Old 2010-10-17, 21:59   Link #5293
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero92 View Post
i essentially did not like Kazama after we found out about the death card thing and to me his death made it alot worse. and i made a post on another site that explained it pretty well so i;ll edit it ab it and post it here.

and another thing, i get rather annoyed when people talk about how Yuzuki failed to dump Kazama so he "won". I think in general there's a big problem with saying that, and that is just hoe COULD Yuzuki dump Kazama? nowhere in the Tokyo arc did i see her have any chance to ever dump him. As the post from the other site says, she was never strong enough to do it, she had to use a letter with Haruto, and she had a very small window of time in which to break up with him, it was from when he first went to the hospital to when he died, all in all, wee saw maybe a week played out in the manga, where Kazama went to the hospital, and i ad maybe another week before the surgery actually took place, and the party before. earlier when most fans started saying stuff like "she better dump Kazama or it means nothing and he wins" that was when we thought he had a whole year before the illness killed him, that didn't happen. and even if there was more time, i don't think she could have done it ever, she is notorious from avoiding an argument, or a problem, for running away from the issue. Yuzuki doesn't like barring her emotions out there to much, and she hates any situation where she has to drop her guard. thats her major character flaw that has to be worked out. so giving that do you think she could go up to her dying friend, and tell him "NO" when he begged her to go out with him? or to leave him after that? or when a life saving surgury is up to him? and a dumping him now could make him not go through with it?

thats how i saw the Tokyo arc, Kazama, and Yuzuki's characters.
I'm actually wondering if it's possible that she DID break up with Kazama. Before Kazama got out of the hospital before his surgery she never had a chance. Haruto, Asuka, or Kiyomi was almost always around. I doubt she'd ever break up with someone when there are others around. The one time they did seem alone together always had such a tense atmosphere as well which might be more explained by Yuzuki considering it.

The night of the party she for a few moments seemed to go back to how she used to be. Not to mention she actually went into the kitchen where she'd be alone with haruto which she had been trying to avoid. She said Kiyomi made her do it but she seemed fine with it.

Then there is Kazama during the party. He made no suggestions before then but then just threw out that Haruto should start dating Kiyomi.

Now here's my thought. After Kazama got out of the hospital and she finally had a chance to properly talk to him alone she might have broken up with Kazama. Kazama however told her to wait to tell anyone. That he would go through with the surgery and survive and that when he did that he would confess to her again properly and see if she might just have a change of heart seeing his resolve. That he just wanted to hold onto that one hope that he still had a chance (something he wouldn't have if she got back together with haruto before then). Just a hope to get him through it all.

At the party Yuzuki used what Kiyomi said as an excuse to go and talk to Haruto alone. To try and at least start to mend the damage to their friendship that she knew she did. That's why she suddenly started acting a little more like her old self.

Kazama sudden push towards Haruto/ Kiyomi would also explain this. He thought maybe if Haruto move on that Yuzuki might just consider him with no pressure on her part unlike what he had done to her by using the death card.

all of those events actually explain quite a bit of the story if Yuzuki really did break up with kazama.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 05:22   Link #5294
Cream

I could be getting myself confused with reading multiple manga's with the same based storyline/idea , so sorry if this is the case.

Could it be that eba is just straight plain out tired of Haruto? If i remember quite correctly he was always 'looking out' for her. But it appeared that he was always burring her with his concern and safety for her. She could have just been over whelmed and decided she didn't need that and definitely didn't want that. So she left back home just to mature a bit and when shes done with her little scene she'll come back to Haruto--But she'll be (too)late.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 08:01   Link #5295
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so nanami is officially taken out, huh? yuzuki is MIA, akari is out, and nagoshi is... umm... out?
dammit! all the good characters are wiped out!
I would say Nanami, Akari and Nagoshi are off the table now. All we have left are Yuzuki, Asuka, Shiho and any other girl Seo plans to introduce.
Old 2010-10-18, 16:12   Link #5296
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'm actually wondering if it's possible that she DID break up with Kazama. Before Kazama got out of the hospital before his surgery she never had a chance. Haruto, Asuka, or Kiyomi was almost always around. I doubt she'd ever break up with someone when there are others around. The one time they did seem alone together always had such a tense atmosphere as well which might be more explained by Yuzuki considering it.

The night of the party she for a few moments seemed to go back to how she used to be. Not to mention she actually went into the kitchen where she'd be alone with haruto which she had been trying to avoid. She said Kiyomi made her do it but she seemed fine with it.

Then there is Kazama during the party. He made no suggestions before then but then just threw out that Haruto should start dating Kiyomi.

Now here's my thought. After Kazama got out of the hospital and she finally had a chance to properly talk to him alone she might have broken up with Kazama. Kazama however told her to wait to tell anyone. That he would go through with the surgery and survive and that when he did that he would confess to her again properly and see if she might just have a change of heart seeing his resolve. That he just wanted to hold onto that one hope that he still had a chance (something he wouldn't have if she got back together with haruto before then). Just a hope to get him through it all.

At the party Yuzuki used what Kiyomi said as an excuse to go and talk to Haruto alone. To try and at least start to mend the damage to their friendship that she knew she did. That's why she suddenly started acting a little more like her old self.

Kazama sudden push towards Haruto/ Kiyomi would also explain this. He thought maybe if Haruto move on that Yuzuki might just consider him with no pressure on her part unlike what he had done to her by using the death card.

all of those events actually explain quite a bit of the story if Yuzuki really did break up with kazama.
here email this to Seo we may get a lucky Sure, Why Not out of him *crosses fingers*
Old 2010-10-21, 01:33   Link #5297
Miles Teg

Volume 11 has sold 43,325 volumes on its first week.

Figures for the first week of volume 9 and 10
#09 -> 40,386 (released 04/16/2010)
#10 -> 39,533 (2nd week 31,840)(released 07/16/2010)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 12:20   Link #5298
Freeter
beyond

I hope those figures aren't a result of people mistaking Kiyomi for Mio
Old 2010-10-21, 16:36   Link #5299
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Hello!

Any details on the next chapter??? chapter 110?
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 17:33   Link #5300
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
Any details on the next chapter??? chapter 110?
No chapter this week, if I'm not mistaken

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life