AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 00:05   Link #1541
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Man, GS really blew that one. 18-2 run by the Spurs with less than 4 minutes to go to end the 4th quarter.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 00:08   Link #1542
Xagzan

And so soon after the Nets blew their big lead over the Bulls at the end of game 4! Except this went only 2 overtimes.

But still, SA's comeback was incredible. Ginobli saved the day in the end, so soon after I thought he had thrown it away with that unnecessary 3
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 00:09   Link #1543
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

*face palm*

yeah, I saw it to. my mom place the bet for $25 on GS winning against the Spurs. and they
lost horrible. what a way to fail.

GS need to get their heads in the game and play 100% all the time against Spurs.
they let the Spurs catch back up and "BOOM" game over man, GAME OVER.
Old 2013-05-07, 00:18   Link #1544
Liflime

They choked another game! If only GS took care of every possession on the final quarter, they could have hold their lead. That game would be another lesson for them not to be careless.
Liflime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 09:19   Link #1545
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Bulls were amazing and really stepped up, a week off for Miami also helped them.

As for the west, Curry was amazing, but Ginobili was freaking cool, calm, and clutch .
Old 2013-05-07, 14:54   Link #1546
Xagzan

Well, in the end, I guess there's really only one thing you can say.

Old 2013-05-08, 22:34   Link #1547
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

For those who did not watch Bulls Vs Heat. Bull's still out of 3 key players, and the game was very physical. The refs robbed The Bulls so many plays, and ejected players for just complaining (even when it was very clear to even the Heat/Bulls sports commentary guys) causing this

No offence to anyone on these forums but those Heat Fans/bandwagon fans... You should see what they post on other forums/twitter..
Spoiler for NSFW Heat fans disrespect:

Bottom line the game was ugly.. Heat plays the Bulls next on there home court the MAD house.. ohh goodness...
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:03   Link #1548
Xagzan

Yeah, but really, when you're down 47, I don't think a few terrible calls are going to make a huge difference in whether you win or lose. But Steve Kerr was right, it's just disrespectful as all hell on the refs' part, and frankly I think they should be a bit ashamed of those calls. Gibson gets utterly hacked, no call. Ray Allen gets a finger tap, just a few moments later, foul.

Complete bullshit. Noah was justified in exploding at that point.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:18   Link #1549
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
For those who did not watch Bulls Vs Heat. Bull's still out of 3 key players, and the game was very physical. The refs robbed The Bulls so many plays, and ejected players for just complaining (even when it was very clear to even the Heat/Bulls sports commentary guys) causing this

No offence to anyone on these forums but those Heat Fans/bandwagon fans... You should see what they post on other forums/twitter..
Spoiler for NSFW Heat fans disrespect:

Bottom line the game was ugly.. Heat plays the Bulls next on there home court the MAD house.. ohh goodness...
Yeah.......I saw that too live, very disappointed in the Miami fans. I wonder if Noah can sue or fine that woman. I don't hate the Heats, but after this games. I really want any NBA team to wipe the arrogant smirks off the Miami's fan. Of course I am not saying that all Miami fans are bad, just want to see the disrespectful ones suffer and humiliated.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:19   Link #1550
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

lol Don't start complaining about home fan disrespect like it's synonymous with the Heat. Remember LeBron getting beer dumped on him heading into the locker room by Celtics fans after they won Game 6 last year?
Old 2013-05-08, 23:25   Link #1551
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Don't start complaining about home fan disrespect like it's synonymous with the Heat. Remember LeBron getting beer dumped on him heading into the locker room by Celtics fans after they won Game 6 last year?
No I have been complaining for quite sometime. I know its not just the Heats, there been worst. Though this case however, this game, it was seriously wrong. Yes, a couple of calls miss most likely doesn't change what happen, though for fans to be smug about it is a different story.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:34   Link #1552
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Don't start complaining about home fan disrespect like it's synonymous with the Heat. Remember LeBron getting beer dumped on him heading into the locker room by Celtics fans after they won Game 6 last year?
True, but to be honest I find the Heat fan's the most frequently talk about, or side news talk.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:42   Link #1553
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
True, but to be honest I find the Heat fan's the most frequently talk about, or side news talk.
Also, the difference with the Celtic fan dumping beer on Lebron was a stupid move due to anger. This case however, its a fan taking joy of another teams' unfair situation with the referees. The act that the Celtic fan did was wrong, no one is going to rebut that. Still, that action is forgivable because a lot of people are going to do something stupid when feeling angry when their team lose. The Heat's fan however were just putting insult to injury, the phrase "rubbing salt in the wound" is not what happen, more like someone took a knife and struck the wound and then curve it around making it 10 times bigger.

I've never been at an NBA game, I always watch at home since I payed for my HD channels and the sport package I am going to watch it at home and get my money worth. Still, I think the NBA should make a rule regarding fan disrespect or other unnecessary acts by fining them money lets say around 2000 dollars. You paid to the watch teams compete, you are not there to insult anyone.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:45   Link #1554
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's because they're the Heat, the most scrutinized team in the NBA, currently. The Anti-bandwagon bandwagon starts to single out instances of douchey fans like it is soley that one team, when in reality by the end of these games, the fans are drunk and are likely going to be nasty in most arenas. That is the point of home court. Players come to this games knowing this.

Remember how everyone hated the Lakers in the early 2000s during their 4-peat and how their fans were that worst blah blah blah they did this and they did that? Those fans are still there and haven't really changed for good or bad, but the Lakers aren't as popular as they used to be, so nobody cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Also, the difference with the Celtic fan dumping beer on Lebron was a stupid move due to anger. This case however, its a fan taking joy of another teams' unfair situation with the referees. The act that the Celtic fan did was wrong, no one is going to rebut that. Still, that action is forgivable because a lot of people are going to do something stupid when feeling angry when their team lose. The Heat's fan however were just putting insult to injury, the phrase "rubbing salt in the wound" is not what happen, more like someone took a knife and struck the wound and then curve it around making it 10 times bigger.
That's just silly, Celtic fans were talking tough shit before that game because they thought LeBron was going to fold. That's egg on their face and throwing beer make it's even more petty. More forgivable, I think not. Plus, you really think that is it was the reverse in Chicago and LeBron or some other Miami player had gotten ejected unfairly, he wouldn't have gotten jeered off that court and being given the bird? Joakim ignored it. You want to know why? It's because it's nothing new to him; it's apart of being on the road.

As for forum/twitter fans, I guess all the LeBitch, LeChoke, & LeBrick comments that pop up whenever Heat lose are all in good fun.

Edit: It's crazy how easily Golden State could be up 2-0 heading to Oakland right now.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, I guess.

Last edited by Dilla; 2013-05-09 at 00:23.
Old 2013-05-09, 10:05   Link #1555
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Edit: It's crazy how easily Golden State could be up 2-0 heading to Oakland right now.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, I guess.
They almost blew that lead last night when the Spurs hit that run to nearly tie up the game. Almost
Old 2013-05-09, 10:50   Link #1556
Xagzan

Quote:
That's because they're the Heat, the most scrutinized team in the NBA, currently. The Anti-bandwagon bandwagon starts to single out instances of douchey fans like it is soley that one team, when in reality by the end of these games, the fans are drunk and are likely going to be nasty in most arenas. That is the point of home court. Players come to this games knowing this.

Remember how everyone hated the Lakers in the early 2000s during their 4-peat and how their fans were that worst blah blah blah they did this and they did that? Those fans are still there and haven't really changed for good or bad, but the Lakers aren't as popular as they used to be, so nobody cares.
Lakers had a 3-peat. Nobody's had more than that since Bill Russell.

I really don't pay much attention to fan behavior though, in general. Fans are gonna be douches, and when there are almost 20k of them, what can you expect?

But there are only a few refs, and there is nothing worse than calls that, even if there was nothing intentionally dirty about them, can even appear to be dishonest, biased and corrupt.

Also, I thought they banned or limited alcohol or something after this?

Old 2013-05-09, 12:27   Link #1557
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Lakers had a 3-peat. Nobody's had more than that since Bill Russell.

I really don't pay much attention to fan behavior though, in general. Fans are gonna be douches, and when there are almost 20k of them, what can you expect?

But there are only a few refs, and there is nothing worse than calls that, even if there was nothing intentionally dirty about them, can even appear to be dishonest, biased and corrupt.

Also, I thought they banned or limited alcohol or something after this?

My friend, even though I don't drink Alcohol and just use it for cooking, this is the United States. Banning alcohol from NBA games, I believe fans everywhere regardless of what team will be threatening no even attempting to kill NBA officials.

Also, regarding the woman who was being unladylike towards Noah, she have been identified. She is Filomena Tobias, there is a lot of weird and distrubing when I type her on google.

If anything, I say the NBA must warrant the rules of fans' action. I say if food, drinks, or anything that you can eat is thrown at an NBA player, the fine for that is 5000. Any unclassy like towards any NBA player such as the "finger" must be warranted with a 8000 fine.
Old 2013-05-09, 15:09   Link #1558
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ yes, fine those idiots that dont behave themselves. that'll keep them to shut up. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Spoiler:
that's "WORLD PEACE" for ya. punching people like there is no tomorrow.
i also like calling him "Elbow Peace" as well for that elbow to Harden's head.

where's the peace, dood?
Old 2013-05-09, 15:40   Link #1559
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I bet Ron Artest learned his lesson after that; he even changed his name. I agree this uncalled for actions caused by fans should be addressed. They really take "Don't hate the game, hate the player" phrase too the extreme.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:20   Link #1560
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
No I have been complaining for quite sometime. I know its not just the Heats, there been worst. Though this case however, this game, it was seriously wrong. Yes, a couple of calls miss most likely doesn't change what happen, though for fans to be smug about it is a different story.
2 bad calls for Gibson when you're down by 40 points changes absolutely nothing period

Also an inferior Heat team from 2011 (starting Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony lol) beat the Bulls when they had Rose playing @ an MVP level and a better team 4-1.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote