AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-09, 06:53   Link #13541
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Subaru could shoot blasts of energy because she was using her IS though, not her magic.
his point was that where the Zero effect seems to induce cardiac arrest in everyone- including huck's-, AMF just impede magic use.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:25   Link #13542
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, it does function differently, yet similarly. However, I do feel the need to point out that this wasn't the effect of the Eclipse virus itself, it was the Tome of the Silver Cross that did this, and the last time we saw an Ancient Belkan Tome, it had the ability to blow up planets. This is merely a mild attack in comparison.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:31   Link #13543
Arkeus

Quote:
Yes, it does function differently, yet similarly. However, I do feel the need to point out that this wasn't the effect of the Eclipse virus itself, it was the Tome of the Silver Cross that did this, and the last time we saw an Ancient Belkan Tome, it had the ability to blow up planets. This is merely a mild attack in comparison.
Unsure if YnS blew up planet or 'just' ate them.

Also, keep in mind that 'zero effect' is something they talk about in Force Next as a comparison to AMF, and it's said the AEC weapons are made to work against it.

So it DOES seem the zero effect is something Eclipse people all have... to some degree.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:51   Link #13544
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Often time, we forget that dangerous Lost Logias are potentially planet-destroyers... because we never manage to see any of them flexing their 'superior ancient technology at work.' If we simply go by what we see, Cradle and Jewel Seeds hardly seem a threat because they were neutralised before they were allowed to reach their peak potential.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:55   Link #13545
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Guys, let's all be honest with one another. Someone of the TSAB had to take the fall in that battle. And no matter WHO IT WAS, there would be people among us pissed off about it.
Admiral Graham? He could have strutted his stuff as hard as anyone in the series has ever strutted and we wouldn't have minded too much seeing him die heroically.

In some ways it would be the best end for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
And that's the first time I've seen the Battle Droids get compared favorably to another Mook class - I always wondered why they were built to scream when cut in half.
Psy-Ops. If they scream it makes it harder to chop down the next one, because they feel more human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
That could - and should - have worked too, had they actually bothered to show the big battle between the redshirts(the other people in the TSAB) and the mooks.
I'm remembering cuts to Major Nakajima's holding position, where his unnamed ground forces mages were exchanging fire from behind their barricade with type 1's and 3's.

And making it clear that even AMF trained Ground Forces Mages were only capable of holding them.
Old 2010-10-09, 07:59   Link #13546
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering the earth was tearing itself apart in A's, I'm pretty sure the Book of Darkness destroyed them.

As for Zero effect, Touma's Divide Zero is unique and not something all Hucks have, as noted in the pages where Cypha says she has never experienced anything like it, and Veyron says that it is what Gurren's been searching for.
Old 2010-10-09, 08:58   Link #13547
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Admiral Graham? He could have strutted his stuff as hard as anyone in the series has ever strutted and we wouldn't have minded too much seeing him die heroically.

In some ways it would be the best end for him.
Because we've never actually saw him being in action. Had it been him, it would just seemed as if Cypha bullied an old man. Besides, he's retired at earth and the event happened far away. Most importantly, Chrono never gave Durandal back, just like Nanoha
Old 2010-10-09, 10:19   Link #13548
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Of course, the best example tat shows that the 'Hucks are unskilled' theory is false is in the recent chapters, where RF6 waltzes in with weapons that can counter the Hucks, and the result is, well, an even fight. Before Touma stepped in anyway.
The AEC Equipement fail to do significant damage against them because they're still not fully prepared to deal with the guys, they more or less solve the problem of the "anti-magic" hax but they still dealing with guys who have outstanding regeneration powers and an insane enhaced endurance(save for Veyron arguably), Erio's Strike Cannon even cracks after receiving ONE HIT from Devilles axe, the only AEC that don't suck is Subaru's Sword Breaker(too bad Veyron's evil gauntlet still block her Revolver Knuckle), Fate as always don't go totally serious until the final battle so i reserve my words on her and Bardiche 5th Gen(still a dissapointment because they don't manage to at least susprise Cypha). Even Vita and Fate lampshades that they're fighting with unreliable equipement but becaus is the only thing that semingly works, they don't have option.

I'm waiting for Nanoha's Fortress mode to finally be able to fall in love with some of the new weapons(Sowrd Breaker did it's job well but i wasn't much impressive because Subaru gets owned right afterwards).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-10-09 at 10:46.
Old 2010-10-09, 10:25   Link #13549
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I like it. For once, the new equipment doesn't immediately equate to "massive powerup" and they are dealing with the realistic effects of prototype gear. It gives them a fighting chance, but there are hard limits. It also opens the door to fix those issues for another powerup later on. Everything we've seen about the gear and how it is developed, follows the real world fairly closely.
Old 2010-10-09, 10:49   Link #13550
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wich bores the shit out of me xDU. That's why i said this season feel so different from the others and when it's true that they followed the Super Robot formula from the very beginning we start to note more the "Robot" than the "Super"(and this details are start to dangerously resembling the "Real Robot" genre).

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-10-09, 11:01   Link #13551
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wich bores the shit out of me xDU. That's why i said this season feel so different from the others and when it's true that they followed the Super Robot formula from the very beginning we start to note more the "Robot" than the "Super"(and this details are start to dangerously resembling the "Real Robot" genre).
Well that sentiment definitely varies from people to people. As an example, I for one had always preferred real robot to super robot Gurren Lagann was an exception...
Old 2010-10-09, 11:04   Link #13552
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm on Tir's boat. I prefer real robot over super robot, but Gurren Lagann was so incredibly over the top that it just got too fun not to watch. I mean, name me one other show where the two super robots end up chucking galaxies at each other during the final battle. That was pure gold.

Of course, I'm also on the 'magic can do anything because it's magic' boat, so call me divided where Nanohaverse is concerned.
Old 2010-10-09, 11:08   Link #13553
Justin_Brett

Well, it all depends on how it looks like when Nanoha fires that thing. Just changing weapons doesn't mean she's not gonna beamspam anymore.
Old 2010-10-09, 11:22   Link #13554
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Of course, I'm also on the 'magic can do anything because it's magic' boat, so call me divided where Nanohaverse is concerned.
Well I'm more of a "magic can do anything according to the rules of it's world" person, myself; specifically, I don't mind crazy things as long they're being consistent about it. That's why for all the disinterest I have on CLAMP, I'll always respect them for never breaking their "the dead cannot come back to life" rule. Of course, the side effect is that it encourages me to search for the rules which turns into disaster since the lore on Nanohaverse magic is just too few and lacking in detail. Not that their technobable fared better, mind you...

So I guess I'm torn too, albeit for a different reason
Old 2010-10-09, 11:25   Link #13555
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, it all depends on how it looks like when Nanoha fires that thing. Just changing weapons doesn't mean she's not gonna beamspam anymore.
That's why i'm placing my bets now on Nanoha, she never dissapoints, even when beaten(unlike certain swordswoman) and probably Fortress Mode can restablish the "Super" feeling on her(Gundam Wing for example, it's a parade of political boredom and "realistic" bunches of drones but when the plot focuse on Gundam battles, the things are so insanely powerfull that it feels like the enemies can explode by merely seeing them o hearing their names).

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-10-09, 12:39   Link #13556
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm starting to like Force now.

Especially Lily, who can turn people into "lumps of meat".
Old 2010-10-09, 12:51   Link #13557
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Okay, enough of Force for one moment...

Has ANYONE gotten their official English copies of Nanoha StrikerS yet or was the StrikerS manga canceled before it was even shipped?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-10-09, 15:54   Link #13558
prescience
Friendly Satanist

I was also wondering about that. I ordered from Amazon a couple of months ago, and a few weeks back I got a message saying that the order would be delayed or something. Now it's listed as "available for pre-order" again, with no expected release date >_>
Old 2010-10-09, 16:29   Link #13559
tyronoa

Btw, has anyone noticed that they seem to matching position for position? Cyhpa vs Signum (swordswoman vs swordswoman) and Nanoha vs. Arnage (gunner vs. gunner)...

Also, Vita-chan lost her bunny ears
Old 2010-10-09, 16:44   Link #13560
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm starting to like Force now.

Especially Lily, who can turn people into "lumps of meat".
The power of VIRGINITY!!! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronoa View Post
Also, Vita-chan lost her bunny ears
Well, 16 years has passed i think Vita finally grow out of her "Don't touch my HAT!!" phase xDU.

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen