AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 117 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 17.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-02, 09:24   Link #241
MalakTawus

Quote:
For that speculation to work about another timeskip, something would have to happen that simultaniously prevents any surviving ghosts/current gen warriors from being able to kill the MiB and at the same time prevent the org from sending out forces to either trach down the trainees yoki and/or assault there base.
Excluding reinforcements from the continent ,it's possible that the 3 monsters will end up awakening and ignoring the org (they would be some sort of 3 new abyssals),so the org will need some years to reorganize her forces while the trainees will grow and the few veterans survivors + Raki will defend Rabona (and the trainees).
Quote:
I suppose massive casualties on the ghosts side, one of the three awakening and at least one of the other two risen number ones (most likely Roxanna if she's the only one based on her amazing ability) could make the island into a new three way stalemate. The three sides being the orgs new mindless warriors with a number one, a possibly stronger than an Isley AO, and the survivors (most likely lead by Miria since only she could really counterbalance the powers if Clare stays trapped in the blob).
Or yes,something like that.

Quote:
So its not impossible but why would Yagi resort to another time jump in your opinion? Is he going to introduce the dragons and needs and army for miria in your opinion?
Like i said,i wouldn't like for the story to evolve in this directrion,but it surely would be a way for Yagi to make a clean sweep (keeping only a few characters that he considers useful for the continuation of the story) to start a completely new arc where he introduces the continent.....to make an example something similar to what happened in Berserk (or in Pieta).
.....and also since imo it's not very belivable for the rebels to win this fight (unless something extraordinary happens),so imo there will be a real massacre very soon and i fear that this time even important characters will die.

Instead,if really most of the rebels die in this fight, it would also be super cool IMO if the new arc will focus only on Claire and Prissy (and Raki too,but only in a secoind time),that after an HUGE fight (and i mean HUGE!!!) will decide to join forces (of course something BIG must happen here,maybe Teresa's intervention?maybe Raki intervention?maybe Prissy regain her sense?) and destroy the organization....i'd really love to see those two going at full power (OMG!!!) and obliterate everything on their path.
Of course this would be good only for the ending arc since it wouldn't be belivable to introduce new enemies capable of fighting against those two.
The ending could be Priscilla and Claire becoming the guardian of the island (like the twin goddess).....or maybe the ending could be Raki,Claire and Prissy going to destroy the org on the continent,with Rubel laughing in satisfaction (this could also be the introduction to a new arc on the continent).

Omg,i really went overboard with the imagination
....and when i remember that we probably won't see Claire for who knows how many months again.......
Old 2011-08-02, 09:28   Link #242
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
@Fenrir: It is a possibility that Cassy could be heading towards Roxy! I would go after the person who killed me if I was brought back.
I think Cassy is a cute nickname for her xD

I wish I had studied my Chinese more throughly. I'm dying to read the chapter with english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Does anyone remember another pointy eared Claymore? It's rather rare from what I see and every pointy eared Claymore was a monster.
Sharp ears is something I found quite beautiful in Ophelia. They're sort of like extra added special features like dimples and beauty moles. Ophelia was especially pretty. She also had a widow's peak. Such a shame Yagi gave her such exceptional features but killed her off after a few chapters

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2011-08-02, 09:42   Link #243
MalakTawus

In vol.4 Irene's ears weren't THAT pointy,but in vol.7 they become magically SUPER-pointy!!!
Yagi........

Quote:
I think Cassy is a cute nickname for her xD
LOL,i didn't even notice that other people began to use "Cassy" and "Roxy" nicknames!

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-08-02 at 09:53.
Old 2011-08-02, 10:24   Link #244
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Instead,if really most of the rebels die in this fight, it would also be super cool IMO if the new arc will focus only on Claire and Prissy (and Raki too,but only in a secoind time),that after an HUGE fight (and i mean HUGE!!!) will decide to join forces (of course something BIG must happen here,maybe Teresa's intervention?maybe Raki intervention?maybe Prissy regain her sense?) and destroy the organization....i'd really love to see those two going at full power (OMG!!!) and obliterate everything on their path.
Of course this would be good only for the ending arc since it wouldn't be belivable to introduce new enemies capable of fighting against those two.
The ending could be Priscilla and Claire becoming the guardian of the island (like the twin goddess).....or maybe the ending could be Raki,Claire and Prissy going to destroy the org on the continent,with Rubel laughing in satisfaction (this could also be the introduction to a new arc on the continent).

Omg,i really went overboard with the imagination
....and when i remember that we probably won't see Claire for who knows how many months again.......
Here is a continuation I could go for:

As the rebels and the ghosts are about to bite it with the 3 #1s wiping the floor with them (maybe ghosts having nearly killed 1, but that 1 would awaken and make a new AO), suddenly Clare shows up and her help allows them (not completely without casualties) to put the ORG finally down (allowing for the start of a new arc).
In the middle of this titanic fight, a flashback explains what happened after Clare was absorbed into the blob with Pris.
Back in there, she started to have a mental discussion with Pris, as they were both confined inside the Destroyer's shell. Eventually, Theresa's soul and Rafaela's -possibly Irene as well- join the discussion, in the end making Pris realize what a monster she has become, and how this is not what her family would have hoped for her. She then latches back to the memory of Raki, and asks Clare to go and protect him. As far as she is concerned, she can never leave the confine of this prison of flesh, as her hunger and insanity have taken over.
Clare accepts the task, and vows to Theresa that from now on she will live for more than revenge and a self-destructive path, but to protect the ones she cares about.
With Theresa and Rafaela 's help, we see a human-form Clare emerge from the blob (sort of a rebirth if you will), with Theresa's warning that she is more and less than she used to be, and will have to be very careful. (More powerful, but less human, having been contaminated by the Destroyer's flesh). Her spirit and determination will have to make the difference.

THAT's what I'm hoping for, and Yagi I'm sure could even pull it off better. But man, I'm starting to believe that he just does not want to deal with the Clare/ Pris situation at all anymore, and punted it to the side because he just doesn't know either what to do with it.

I hope Im wrong on that, and that he will do the character justice eventually.
Old 2011-08-02, 10:38   Link #245
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post

As the rebels and the ghosts are about to bite it with the 3 #1s wiping the floor with them (maybe ghosts having nearly killed 1, but that 1 would awaken and make a new AO), suddenly Clare shows up and her help allows them (not completely without casualties) to put the ORG finally down (allowing for the start of a new arc).
In the middle of this titanic fight, a flashback explains what happened after Clare was absorbed into the blob with Pris.
Back in there, she started to have a mental discussion with Pris, as they were both confined inside the Destroyer's shell. Eventually, Theresa's soul and Rafaela's -possibly Irene as well- join the discussion, in the end making Pris realize what a monster she has become, and how this is not what her family would have hoped for her. She then latches back to the memory of Raki, and asks Clare to go and protect him. As far as she is concerned, she can never leave the confine of this prison of flesh, as her hunger and insanity have taken over.
Clare accepts the task, and vows to Theresa that from now on she will live for more than revenge and a self-destructive path, but to protect the ones she cares about.
With Theresa and Rafaela 's help, we see a human-form Clare emerge from the blob (sort of a rebirth if you will), with Theresa's warning that she is more and less than she used to be, and will have to be very careful. (More powerful, but less human, having been contaminated by the Destroyer's flesh). Her spirit and determination will have to make the difference.

THAT's what I'm hoping for, and Yagi I'm sure could even pull it off better. But man, I'm starting to believe that he just does not want to deal with the Clare/ Pris situation at all anymore, and punted it to the side because he just doesn't know either what to do with it.

I hope Im wrong on that, and that he will do the character justice eventually.
I LOVE IT!!!
(i'm a sucker for "happy endings"....to be honest a sad ending for this manga would destroy my soul)

I wonder if other people will like to describe how they imagine the evolution of this arc,that would be something really cool to read,and ABOVE ALL nothing to argue (since afterall it's by definition one's personal imagination).
Come on people! No one else want to go crazy once in a while without worrying about any "technicality" ( i love this word,lol)?
Old 2011-08-02, 12:07   Link #246
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
hmm, well now that the audrey and co have had there legs cut off, do u think yagi will have them killed now?

Ohh Claymore should have bittersweet ending.
Old 2011-08-02, 12:14   Link #247
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Nice to see you around again Flora -- Cassy and Roxy are very common nicknames for people named that; a cousin of mine, whose name is Cassandra, is always called the former.

I'm curious now, now that the three number ones are alive, what Dae will do with Priscilla's arm -- being the 'lightning rod' that brought them to life, do they still have yoki inside them for another purpose? Is it deleted and refuse? Being so abundant in energy, it could very well still be overflowing with energy.

All else fails, it's perfect material for the Abyssal Eaters which is a major problem for everyone -- because if hordes of Eaters start powering themselves up to her level, and getting key abilities such as flight, they are almost invincible.

It may have saved his life, but that arm could very well be what kills her in the end -- that said, not that I'm buying it, but if their really is some sort of fusion with Claire and/or whoever, the scent they become attracted too may not exist anymore. If their are traces of Priscilla in this new being however, the Eaters will be incinerated.
Old 2011-08-02, 12:22   Link #248
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post

I don't see that happening
Priscilla is pure evil and she needs to be destroyed. The scenario about priscilla turning "good" is Very very unlikely.
Clare is most likely not going to join the fight, and Clare hates priscilla, all she cares about is destroying her.

But I do Want a happy ending so i guess the theory is not so unbelieveable

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-08-02, 12:24   Link #249
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

I'm curious now, now that the three number ones are alive, what Dae will do with Priscilla's arm -- being the 'lightning rod' that brought them to life, do they still have yoki inside them for another purpose? Is it deleted and refuse? Being so abundant in energy, it could very well still be overflowing with energy.

All else fails, it's perfect material for the Abyssal Eaters which is a major problem for everyone -- because if hordes of Eaters start powering themselves up to her level, and getting key abilities such as flight, they are almost invincible.
I was under the impression the arm was used up to revive the three #1's. Dae did say he "had enough to make 3", so odds are good that they are inside the revived #1's. No super Abyssal Eaters, or additional revived warriors are possible at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post

I don't see that happening
Priscilla is pure evil and she needs to be destroyed. The scenario about priscilla turning "good" is Very very unlikely.
Clare is most likely not going to join the fight, and Clare hates priscilla, all she cares about is destroying her.
I find it unlikely as well, but Priscilla is far from pure evil.
I do agree that Clare is not going to be joining this fight in all likelihood. She is simply too far away, and the entire situation with Priscilla is too complicated to simply have her show up and save the day.
Old 2011-08-02, 12:57   Link #250
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
I was under the impression the arm was used up to revive the three #1's. Dae did say he "had enough to make 3", so odds are good that they are inside the revived #1's. No super Abyssal Eaters, or additional revived warriors are possible at this point.
Oh, so the arm is actually inside them? That would actually be the most preferable choice for all, since the arm does not seem to have powered any of them up, and eliminates the threat of super AE's, or any more revivals.

Phew!
Old 2011-08-02, 13:05   Link #251
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, bringing them back from the dead is probably something Dae has theorized as possible for a long time, but was only made possible by the immense amount of Yoki contained within Priscilla's arm.
Old 2011-08-02, 13:51   Link #252
MalakTawus

Quote:
Agree,i also had the same "impression".
Old 2011-08-02, 14:05   Link #253
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Hmm... very interesting future speculation. I'll make a few minor notes here of my thoughts, but will have to give it more consideration as well.

1) Dae has to die. He's the key to a lot of the wacky current developments (abyssal eaters, resurrected warriors). If he's allowed to continue (assuming the current warrior generation is mostly killed off), the rebellion has no hope, and will eventually be wiped out. With him gone, we can assume that any other scientists that try to continue his work (assuming any remain) will botch it and/or get killed. This allows a steady-state environment.

2) Raki's harem has the potential for rebuilding. Raki knows their sword style from his training under Isley. He could pass on Isley's legacy, along with a far more human stewardship for the new young Claymores, leading to a future protection of the humans on the continent more akin to Cynthia's attitude than the mercenary coldness previously fostered.

3) Miria will most likely die, but only after reuniting with the other ghosts. She will be remembered as the hero that broke the Organization, a sort of George Washington figure.

4) At least one of the resurrected #1s will survive. The rest of the ghosts may or may not be aware of her survival, but the survivor is likely to remain hostile to them. Most likely Roxanne (if so, she will need to be sufficiently crippled that she can't take action against them for some time), but possibly Cassandra.

One might argue that it doesn't make sense to raise yet another generation of Claymores (Raki's harem), given that the Org is no longer producing the threats that they fought against (yoma and ABs). However I can see there's a probable longer scope need for them.

Consider the 100 year war with the Dragon Kin. There is no real logical reason for the war to continue that long if there was continuous fighting. It does make sense, though, if there's a bit of a stalemate.

We know that the Dragon Kin are aware of the island lab (cf: Rubel's presence). Consider if they believe it to be something akin to our nuclear standoff with the USSR.

The Org's side can't release the weapons they have (ABs, etc) because they don't have sufficient control, and can reasonably expect those weapons to turn against their own side. On the other hand, the DK side doesn't want them to release those weapons either, since, whether or not the weapons turn against their masters, they are still bloody dangerous and will be devastating to their own side as well.

Likewise, they can't invade the island lab, as that will instigate retaliatory action from the Org's side, which they're trying to avoid. Plus, the island lab is filled with these weapons, and it will not be easy to subdue. If they move sufficient forces into the lab to be useful, they leave themselves extremely vulnerable on the mainland.

However, by fortuitous happenstance, the weapons the Org has been created finally turn on their masters, destroying the ruling structure. Most are wiped out in the conflict, and no new ones are being created. That is a perfect opportunity for an invasion to clear out any last weapons that the Org may pull out against the DK.

Probable series of events, then:

1) Rubel fosters rebellion
2) Rebellion takes place, convinces Org's side that there's no value in continuing the research
3) Most yoma/ABs/Claymores are wiped out, leaving only the most pitiful of defenses
4) DK invade the continent to wipe it clean and make sure it can never be recreated
5) Remnants of the original rebellion need to pull together once more to fight off this invasion
6) Ghosts et al win and decide to establish their own third side in this conflict.
7) The war must end. Treaties must be established to prevent any two sides from ganging up on the third. No one side can initiate hostilities against another because it leaves them vulnerable to retaliation from the third.

So I predict that the story will not continue by moving people to the mainland to fight the Dragon Kin, but rather that the Dragon Kin will arrive in their little island lab.

Remaining power centers:

Galatea in Rabone. Central mediator. Clarice and Miata as her guardians.
Dietrich in the east, responsible for full cleanup/protection of the Org's labs.
Yuma as a wandering healer, in memory of Cynthia.
Deneve in the north, retreating into isolation after Helen's death.
Raki + harem in the south, building the new generation.
A handful of other survivors wandering around cleaning up any yoma/AB remnants.
Clare+Priscilla remain contained until the DK arrive and do something incredibly stupid. ("What happens if we poke it with a stick?")

(haha.. a 'few minor' notes.. well, it seemed like a small set of ideas til I tried to write it all out...)
Old 2011-08-02, 14:27   Link #254
MalakTawus

Great post like always,Kinematics!
Especially the "grand finale":

Quote:
Clare+Priscilla remain contained until the DK arrive and do something incredibly stupid. ("What happens if we poke it with a stick?")
I imagined that scene and i couldn't stop laughing for 2 whole minutes (i'm serious),this would be so cool to see!

Btw like i imagined it's really interesting to read these different scenarios that different people come up with.
Old 2011-08-02, 14:29   Link #255
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Cassandra will fight against Roxanne. We got several hints that it is going to happen. First Scarface said the 3 #1s were not very cooperative. We then got the back-story on how Roxanne betrayed and killed Cassandra. In the last page of chp 117 we see Cassandra still in fighting mod heading towards someone.
Its very unlikely she is going to deliver the finishing blow to the Claymores she was fighting. If she does they will all die, they would have no chance of surviving. I don't see Yagi killing off all these characters. He could, but this would almost mean death to all the rebelling Claymores.

Miria might be able to kill the #1 that she is fighting against, but even if she does their would be 2 more to go that are even stronger.

They only have two ways to escape (unless Yagi brings up something unexpected). Clare show up, or Roxanne and Cassandra kill or weaken each other. Roxanne and Cassandra killing each other is the most likely scenario.

I agree with those that think of Roxanne as a serial killer. She admire people that are stronger than her, but once she gets stronger than them she kills them.

I don't think she is stronger than Cassandra. All of her other victims died on Ab hunt. Roxanne could have followed Cassandra and then kill her during an Ab hunt and no one would know. I agree with those that believe that Roxanne set up Cassandra death.

It looks like Cassandra try to keep her technique a secret to maintain the element of surprise. Once Roxanne leaned Cassandra technique, she would also know the weakness of the technique. This would allow her to wait for the right moment to deliver the final blow.

Since Roxanne was a sensor, I think she had the same amount of yoki from the start. Most likely she unknowingly suppressed it.

Last edited by Awakened; 2011-08-02 at 14:58.
Old 2011-08-02, 15:04   Link #256
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Personally, I think Cassandra kept her technique a secret because she was embarrassed by how "ugly" it was rather then trying to maintain the element of surprise. A fighting style that revolves around hugging the ground like a snake to chop off your opponent's legs isn't something a proud warrior would want to show off.
Old 2011-08-02, 15:05   Link #257
haegar
mangaviking

nice posts with lots of interesting thoughts by Elandyll and Kinematics. I think I'll have to reread this page like three times, then sleep about it, and might comment tomorrow.
some quick points though:

I totally like the flashback Idea with Clare and Prissy. Wahtever it turns out like between those two. But removing the main char and antagonist from a manga for a whole arc: daring stunt, dunno who but yagi could pull it of. Some people will disagree I'm sure, but I actually got used to Clare being "afk" ... course I wanna know what the shit is happening ...but since Yagi is about to string us a long for bout half a year, well, half a year, a year, where's the difference? That would only work though if this endfight sans pro/antagonist gets yet another notch more epic badass. So Miria and Hysteria had better shape up for next chap

---

Would have a nice symetry if Miria got Dae before all is over. I don't like this hero sacrifice GWashingtoin stuff but yeah, some not to small chance it will happen like that.

As for the continuation kimeatics sketched, dunno... that would rather make for a new manga than for a new arc eh? At least the DK invasion... if we doo speculate that long ahead, I actually could imagine a spinoff manga showing the survivors of the Island coming to the mainland - where they of course would find that its all quite different from what Rubel let on...

also, it would be lively Helen turning into the grumpy hermit after Deneve's death - but either way I don't even wanna go there.

Raki harem made me lol - but it has merit - this way something good might come of his isley tutelage, other than weird fights upsetting the powerbalance between human and claymore

as for "poke it with a stick" aeh well metaphorically speakin you are i take? cause a stick don't do squat on a solidified mass of youki equivalent to the power involved in the birth of stars ... a dragon rod mabye? (pardon the innuendo)

hmm... starting read two now...
Old 2011-08-02, 15:17   Link #258
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Cassy and Roxanne have to atleast weaken one another. It'll be the only way the rebels can defeat cassy/roxanne. Now most people here will disagree with me. But for some reason I just don't see the ghosts being able to defeat the #1s at full strength.

I know the ghosts have trained 7 years and are half awakend, but its seems to dragonball like, if they can fight with full strength #1s.

If Raki does meet something inhuman on his way out, it could be yoma or something like that. But Raki needs his sword so we can see how powerful he really is. If he cant find his sword at least find a real Claymore remember the other #1s are in dae's room, so he could get a hold of one of them.
Old 2011-08-02, 15:20   Link #259
haegar
mangaviking

I'll laugh my ass off if he picks up Teresa's sword in Dae's cabinet of nightmares and goes on a rampage with it...
Old 2011-08-02, 15:26   Link #260
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Personally, I think Cassandra kept her technique a secret because she was embarrassed by how "ugly" it was rather then trying to maintain the element of surprise. A fighting style that revolves around hugging the ground like a snake to chop off your opponent's legs isn't something a proud warrior would want to show off.
Agree,maybe i'm wrong but imo Cassy doesn't seem the type to think that her comrades could try to kill her in the future,so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to hide her technique to them.

Imo she was very shy and even if she wanted to make friends, the others were too afraid of her.......probably she thought that if the other warriors saw her fighting style she would be considered even more "strange" and dangerous,so she decided to hide it.
Closed Thread