AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 117 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 17.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-05, 07:45   Link #541
Ryus
The One Eyed King

On cell sorry for short reply but...

What nonesense are you posting df? You got facts all wrong...

The twins where between 30% (since veins where visible a few times) and 100% (due to you know being awakened). While Miria was always less than 10% (and only above 1% at some pont during ch 107). Yet you use this to state that Miria is weak O.o? Miria was clearly stated to be strong enough to kill them at any point, this by its very nature contridicts your claim, plus you failed to prove why Miria is weaker than the clear +90% differnce. She apeared weak since she lacked the conviction to kill, which means anything but them giving her a hard time... plus Miria herself said she could kill them at any moment... this is the same situation as Teresa vs Priscilla just without a true awakening and mention of latent power. Which everyone agrees teresa was way stronger at that moment.

Next off you stated that raftela hadn't used her power on Miria before raftela showed physical changes. Yet this clearly untrue since Rubel clarified Raftela power as effecting the vision first then causing visions, and Mira was clearly shown to be having vision problems long before Raftela was revealed. What this means is Miria was being effected by a lower level yoki mind frak long before the visions started to happen, meaning that two things first off that this only adds to Mirias power since she was fighting with a handicap and that Raftela had two powers (or two levels of the same power).

The key points supporting your agruments are false. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.
Old 2011-08-05, 10:14   Link #542
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for OT, reply to double friedman, goral, ryus, concerning miria in 107:
Old 2011-08-05, 11:30   Link #543
Double_friedman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for OT, reply to double friedman, goral, ryus, concerning miria in 107:
I understand what you mean, and I have thought about it before, effectively it's possible that Yagi did that. However there's no clear indication that he did it. I never said Miria was weak or sucked, I don't think so, I was watching things in the episode as they come.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:31   Link #544
Gooral
Banned

To not go off-topic I've responded in the 107th chapter thread.

In short, there is no way it's as you say haegar. The entrance of the twins was in chapter 106th there is no doubt about it. There was no time-line screw up. "Twins, huh" - said Miria. And then we see one of them awakening. The fact is later they've powered down. We have obvious continuation of that fight in 107th chapter where they're still using their awakened forms and then powering down.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:36   Link #545
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
btw: further thought: Roxanne awakened should make for a very freakish fanservice: Somehow I picture her awakend form to be joker-style split face/body, half nude vixen, half hate-crazed distorted monster
It'd be a shame though if that would be Roxanne's final form. There's nothing really to base her on. Did you get the "joker" idea because of her pigtails? xD She's pretty alright but she's also sneaky, deceitful, and conniving. Maybe her awakened form will reflect those traits but then again, I do like her and maybe she should get a decent memorable awakened form.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2011-08-05, 11:43   Link #546
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
It'd be a shame though if that would be Roxanne's final form. There's nothing really to base her on. Did you get the "joker" idea because of her pigtails? xD She's pretty alright but she's also sneaky, deceitful, and conniving. Maybe her awakened form will reflect those traits but then again, I do like her and maybe she should get a decent memorable awakened form.
ugh, my bad, my bad, I meant two face of course due to her split personality obviously ... must be heath ledger leaving such an impression that you cant even remember other bad guys names anymore
Old 2011-08-05, 11:47   Link #547
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
ugh, my bad, my bad, I meant two face of course due to her split personality obviously ... must be heath ledger leaving such an impression that you cant even remember other bad guys names anymore
I didn't quite get what you were referring to until I remembered that Heath Ledger played Joker in Superman. Kidding I'd prefer Roxanne having a split face instead. One side that is beautiful, preferably the side with her mole so I'd go with her left side and then her right half would look evil.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2011-08-05, 13:42   Link #548
hh707

After learning about Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hysteria, am I the only one that wants to know about the other 4? Hopefully yagi will reveal more about Licht, Sistina, Chloe, and Lutecia!!

Was this already asked?? Would Roxannes ability to erase her Yoki presence been effective against Teresa? Since, we don't really know a lot about it, does Roxanne have the ability to use her Yoki while preventing her opponents from seeing/tracking her yoki?? If so she would have been a better challenge for Teresa, right?
Old 2011-08-05, 14:34   Link #549
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
The source is as follows: at numerous parts of manga Isley, Riful and Luciella were stated to be exceptionally strong - hence about those three we have known some time. The figure 8 used there comes from the chapter where the MIBs are "counting" the most strongest #1 - when talkin about how can there be a creature as strong as Priscilla#s arm - so they sorta mentally sort through all#1 to make sure none of them can be the owner of the arm - they list about 7 or 8 names, our current 3 #1 rezd were among them, but also Teresa, and 3-armed Licht ... and I dunno what else there was they had weird names ...somebody on the forums here has them in a sigmaybe you stumble over it while scrolling will save you the time too look up scene

Anyways, these 7 or 8 then were stated to be the strongest amongst all #1s there ever were. That's what he was reffering to with maybe 8 being stronger than Isley, Riful and Luciella - cause it was never explicitly stated just how exactly would the three ExAbysalls be ranked in that list of strongest #1 warriors ...
Perhaps i have the wrong source here...
It was chapter 110, wasn't it?
Abyssal ones, it is a name given to awakened former number ones, isn't it?
Dae:
The male era's number one, isley.
The youngest that ever ascend to number 1 empress riful.
And the older of the sisters that failed the soul link experiment, luciela.
Try to give me the names of warriors who have the potential to EXCEED these.
Leaving aside wether they can exceed theom or not number ones who died without awakening are...
hysteria the elegant, theresa of the faint smile, cassandra the dust eater...
and at the end he said:
Quote:
AND SO ON...WE CAN GIVE NAMES TO NO END BUT ... WE'VE PROBABLY COVERED THE ONES THAT WERE PARTICULARLY STRONG
As i understand it it says nothing about isley riful or luciella to be very strong number ones, only the names he called like Hysteria, Cassandra, Roxanne and Theresa were very strong number ones.

Remember what ryus originally said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Isley, Luciela, Riful were stated to be stronger than all but maybe eight other number ones.
I really can't see that that is the case but perhaps i am using the wrong scanslation here?
Nope, it was gernots, the best one out on the net.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2011-08-05 at 17:37.
Old 2011-08-05, 15:31   Link #550
haegar
mangaviking

You have the correct source.
I fail to see the differnece bwtween what Dae said and what Ryus said. All in all the 8 have the potential to be either equal or even greater in power than the three. However his "leaving it aside" suggests that to really know that you would have to actually see those 8 awaken and precisley measure their power - which is why ryus wrote maybe. Although I guess being strict you could argue that unlike Dae ryus puts a slight emphasis on the three being stronger the way he phrased it. but if you ask me that is arguing semantics there...
Old 2011-08-05, 15:34   Link #551
carbontaxes

Hey at work today, I realized that I've forgotten about the status of pretty much every claymore outside of the Ghosts and the Resurrected's.

Anyone have a rollcall of the remaining named claymores? The ones who are still loyal to Org? The ones who have questionable loyalty? (Dietrich comes to mind. She still alive?) The ones who have abandoned the Org and side with the Ghosts, if any? Thanks.
Old 2011-08-05, 15:39   Link #552
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

@irvinethearcher:

It would be better for the statement "Isley, Luciela, Riful were stated to be stronger than all but maybe eight other number ones." to be written as "Isley, Luciela, Riful were implied to be stronger than all but maybe eight other number ones."

The question of who could exceed the power of the Abyssals could not (objectively speaking) be categorically answered given that all the subjects in question are dead. Instead we get the list of those #1s who had the greatest probability of exceeding the Abyssals.

Technically, you are correct; the true relative standings of the Abyssals compared to any others has not actually been defined. It could be that they considered the Abyssals to be stronger than all other #1s, and that the group they listed were just those they figured had the best chance of even approaching them.

That conclusion seems somewhat unlikely, though. I'd personally interpret it as a list of those they consider to have at least a 50/50 chance of being stronger than the Abyssals. Any with less than a 50% chance at such a relative standing I would label as "probably weaker than the Abyssals"; ie: more likely than not that the Abyssals are stronger than them.
Old 2011-08-05, 15:46   Link #553
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
Hey at work today, I realized that I've forgotten about the status of pretty much every claymore outside of the Ghosts and the Resurrected's.

Anyone have a rollcall of the remaining named claymores? The ones who are still loyal to Org? The ones who have questionable loyalty? (Dietrich comes to mind. She still alive?) The ones who have abandoned the Org and side with the Ghosts, if any? Thanks.

There are only three groups at the moment. All active Claymores were recalled back to main headquarters several months ago; the only active group that had not yet returned at the start of this was Anastasia's, who met up with the Ghosts.

Groups:
1) Miria and all those recalled (including Audrey, Raechel and Nina).
2) Remaining active ghosts (Deneve, Helen, Tabitha, Cynthia, Yuma) and those they picked up (Dietrich plus Anastasia's group).
3) The Rabona crew: Galatea, Clarice, Miata, and the blob with Clare

Unknown but presumed dead: Renee.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:00   Link #554
carbontaxes

Thanks! one more thing- so Audrey/Rachel/Nina are still Org girls and would kill Miria if they can is that right or wrong? Sorry, so much has happened and my memory is pretty hazy on the Org storyline.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:05   Link #555
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

no what it says is that the abyssal ones wer normal number ones and those 8 clearly exceed the other normal number ones from whom only the abyssal ones awakened.
Isn't it strange otherwise that all 3 were nearly equal in power?
Those 8 clearly exceeded the abilities of the other number ones, therefore they were named as possible origins of priscilla.

the statement that the abyssal ones were greater than all but 8 number ones has absolutely no solid ground. That's how i see it, perhaps i am wrong and have overseen something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics
"Isley, Luciela, Riful were implied to be stronger than all but maybe eight other number ones."
Perhaps i am a bit overworked but i can't see anything that would even imply that riful was stronger than rosemary for example.

I think i get what you guys want to say but i don't think it was meant this way by yagi.
With exceeds he or dae means that there are classes of power.
there are claymores in the thirties, single digit level claymores and there are the number 2 - 5 and there is the number one class and there is the
priscilla and theresa league.
Even if isley was a bit stronger than luciella the fight was equally matched and when luciella fled isley was very screwed too.
So they are in the same level.
But with exceeds dae means the level. Dae searchs something and here i am 100% sure which exceeds the kategorie abyssal one which is any normal number one capabel of achieving when she awakens. Remember he is searching for someone like priscilla.

About the level thing:
A good definition IMO for a "level" is something were numbers matter.
So two abyssal ones are stronger than one abyssal one. two number threes and one number 4 are stronger than one number 2.
But 20 abyssal ones are still waaaaaaayyyyyy weaker than teresa. Perhaps 500 abyssal ones can beat teresa when she eventually runs out of yoki but even here i am not that sure. But i think the concept should be clear. Riful obliterated the around 10 above average abs in seconds. they were even unable to scratch her
10 abs, 100 abs, 1000 abs. I don't think it would have mattered after some time riful would have killed them all. What she couldn't do the friendly fire would have done. She was on a different 'level'.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2011-08-05 at 16:44.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:12   Link #556
carbontaxes

The Roxanne character absolutely screams "I am going to awaken as an AO!" for the story. Everything about her, and especially her special, is destined for it. Cassandra, not as much. Not only is her special not nearly as game-breaking, but her character is a lot more flat that Cass. Doesn't mean she won't AO but I think the chance is significantly lower.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:23   Link #557
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Cassandra is a weak claymor which is only as strong as number 5 and has her technique.
Hysteria is an miria upgrade.
The only one which could become nasty is roxanne of love and hate with her unknown synchronization power.
I am sure that theresa would rip cassandra and hysteria to shreds in seconds if she would use all her power even without releasing yoki.
But roxanne ...

The yoki canouflage is directed against a special target.
That means she has powers similar to number 10. She is something else.

what i wanted to say is only that the org assumes that those 8 were very strong.
Perhaps under all those number ones there was one who was even stronger but died a stupid death and took the secret of her power with her into her grave like theresa. the thing with number ones is that normally nearly no one can beat them and if they think a smart horse jumps only as high as it has to, the org perhaps sees never their true capabilities. Perhaps even rosemarie would have wiped the floor with those three.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:28   Link #558
carbontaxes

I highly doubt we'll ever see Theresa in any form again in the series, even though that might not be what you were implying in a hypothetical matchup between Roxanne and Theresa. Only trace of Theresa I think we'll see is whatever communing between Destroyer-Clare and what the Destroyer shows Clare about Theresa. (more on that later- I have great expectations for the Destroyer).
Old 2011-08-05, 16:49   Link #559
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

was purely hypothetical to explain my definition of the word "level"
if you look at my signature you can see the guy with the red orange shirt.
“Johnathen E. That’s the name. Houston players come and go, but the champion plays on.”
Like teresa he was an exception from the rule. He defeated the purpose of a game which was designed only to
“demonstrating the futility of individual effort”
Old 2011-08-05, 18:48   Link #560
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

@irvinethearcher:

I think I see what you mean now. You're not trying to ask whether these #1s are stronger on the general scale of comparison between Claymores, but whether any of them might have the potential to be born into an entirely new class, as high above the Abyssals as the Abyssals are above standard ABs (ie: exactly what Priscilla is).

So Dae's question is explicitly not a question like "which of these characters is potentially a bit better than the ones we already know about", but "which of these characters could curbstomp the ones we already know about".

The other MiBs, not having a real answer to the question, constructed the list of the "especially powerful" #1s, who, if they had been deliberately holding back, could conceivably have reached an entirely new tier.

Essentially, my answer earlier is a subset of the answer to this question. The list of #1s is those who are almost certainly stronger than the Abyssals, and have the lingering question mark of potentially being far stronger (ie: in a class of their own). This leaves the Abyssals as being those drawn from the remaining 'standard' #1 class of Claymore.

If any of the listed 8 had awakened, the Org would likely have expected them to be stronger than the existing AOs, but not to any hugely notable level (eg: maybe Hysteria could have been 20% stronger than Isley; that's still within the general scope of the power of Abyssal Ones). It's only Dae's find that leads him to question the possibility of a new tier altogether.

Thus the question and answer sequence leads to a different set of implications. These are not merely Claymores who may possibly be even stronger than the previously known Abyssals, these are Claymores that may potentially have Priscilla-class power. Given that line of reasoning, along with the hints that one of them may awaken (which Dae would be perfectly happy with), it seems almost certain that whoever awakens is going to be another Priscilla-class monster.

What are the odds that they picked the right set, that one of these three will achieve Dae's expectation? He wants them to awaken, not out of cruelty or a desire to destroy the rebellion, but to simply see if it's possible that a greater power than he had ever imagined could potentially exist. I doubt his plans to control such a monster are even as advanced as Riful's plans to control the Destroyer. He just wants to see an entirely new creation be born.

We know that he missed one Priscilla-class: Teresa. For two to exist, in addition to Priscilla, that puts the odds of getting a super-AO at about 33% of the exceptionally strong #1s, who themselves would be ~maybe~ 33% of all #1s, who are themselves just 1%-2% of all Claymores who even made it out of training. Something like 1 in 1000 of all graduating Claymores.

So the question now becomes: Which of our three is going to become the next Priscilla-class opponent? And what the hell do you do about such an enemy? Time for Clare and Priscilla to come out of hiding.
Closed Thread