AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-17, 21:36   Link #561
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Just read the raw up to the arachne "ku, korose".
I gotta say zuruwan is too stupid. I understand that he want to send pluto and Co as van's ally. But to skip all the prep Ricklent provided is way too stupid. (or he just a sadistic) And it's so sad that those eight are jumbled into one mass of meat.
Spoiler for Legion:

I hope later on Legion could split their body into eight.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 05:01   Link #562
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya_Hime View Post
could you give us a detail spoilers, if it is okay sempai.

also I have a question did Van killed Kanata (translated chapter 72) on raw ?
Kanata and Van meet quite quickly after chapter 72 and he gets a death suitable for the scum that he is.

For the latest raw chapter, IIRC it's something like this (going from memory):

Initial POV is from a criminal visiting the town Van is in and he's suspicious of the changes with the criminal organisation that he's been dealing with. He tries to overtake the organisation by killing the boss but it fails, since Van and friends are involved. There's some discussion about the transformation effects of Van's blood potion and it's concluded that only people who have received Van's guidance get a proper transformation. That's also some discussion of Birkyne's methods but Eleanora isn't especially familiar with the details of this but she suggests that Van shouldn't assume that just because they've not caught wind of Birkyne's operatives or similar that doesn't mean he's not fully aware of Van's presence (the implication is that Van wants to lure him out). Putting it another way, Birkyne is quite subtle it seems. There's also some brief POVs from the town lord (who is fed up with his uncle who is messing with Van) and also Birkyne who seems confident about being able to get his "dolls" close to Van.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 09:57   Link #563
Sakuya_Hime
Disboard Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Kanata and Van meet quite quickly after chapter 72 and he gets a death suitable for the scum that he is.

For the latest raw chapter, IIRC it's something like this (going from memory):

Initial POV is from a criminal visiting the town Van is in and he's suspicious of the changes with the criminal organisation that he's been dealing with. He tries to overtake the organisation by killing the boss but it fails, since Van and friends are involved. There's some discussion about the transformation effects of Van's blood potion and it's concluded that only people who have received Van's guidance get a proper transformation. That's also some discussion of Birkyne's methods but Eleanora isn't especially familiar with the details of this but she suggests that Van shouldn't assume that just because they've not caught wind of Birkyne's operatives or similar that doesn't mean he's not fully aware of Van's presence (the implication is that Van wants to lure him out). Putting it another way, Birkyne is quite subtle it seems. There's also some brief POVs from the town lord (who is fed up with his uncle who is messing with Van) and also Birkyne who seems confident about being able to get his "dolls" close to Van.
thank you sempai for answering my questions.

one question though sempai how is kanata a scum I hope it is ok to ask this ?
Old 2017-09-18, 10:54   Link #564
Salante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya_Hime View Post
thank you sempai for answering my questions.

one question though sempai how is kanata a scum I hope it is ok to ask this ?
raping women, killing adventurers, stealing things etc. all in all, usual business. then tries to kill the van for the sole reason of profits in the next life. tries to trick van and assassinate him after getting defeated etc.
Old 2017-09-18, 12:51   Link #565
lexlexz

i think van is going to build a gundam in the future

like golem robot with death atribute and lazer canons
with everything it has rights too
tough i cant picture a gundam where all those insect parts (etc) can fit
maybe it will even look like his soul self
Spoiler for soul self:

Last edited by lexlexz; 2017-09-18 at 13:05.
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 18:10   Link #566
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
i think van is going to build a gundam in the future

like golem robot with death atribute and lazer canons
with everything it has rights too
tough i cant picture a gundam where all those insect parts (etc) can fit
maybe it will even look like his soul self
Basically he already build a transformer since age 1. Every building or plant could turn into golem and vice versa.

If he can use giant unit like those golem transformer without endangering his allies, why should he build a Gundam where it needs a pilot which means involve/endanger his allies.
Old 2017-09-19, 05:38   Link #567
lexlexz

true

i just think he should have a giant form !!

like when he fight with heinz where he creates a form where they cant find his weakness in Battle
i think it would be cool even if it was the size of the giants
(2-3m?)
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 10:01   Link #568
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
true

i just think he should have a giant form !!

like when he fight with heinz where he creates a form where they cant find his weakness in Battle
i think it would be cool even if it was the size of the giants
(2-3m?)
He has a soul armor skill that's pretty similar to that already. He can make himself look as big as he wants, but there's not much benefit to going huge.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 10:09   Link #569
Asuka'
Nin Nin

On top of it the author seems like prefer little van. Many scene treat van as a doll or shemale that comfortable to hug. No wonder his age capped at nine (many event progressed when he nine years old, dunno how old is he on the latest raw tho', I'm still at noble orc & arachne arc) .
Old 2017-09-19, 21:08   Link #570
Sakuya_Hime
Disboard Citizen

I really hate that priest on chapter 73 sempai he is really a scum I hope Van killed him sempai.
Old 2017-09-21, 03:12   Link #571
Breimn

So new raw out, 3 giant rats(born from undead breeding program) join the party.Fang is rank 3 Black dog and can give fear aura .Slum stall merchants join under Val since they couldnt beat him (he is going to slowly take over the merchant guild lol) and start Vida stalls too.
Visit to the orphanage where kids of various races get unofficial support(for political reason, not mercy) from the lord.
New guess for what Fang will rurn into at highest rank: Gamr
A few wiki quotes
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garmr
Quote:
blood-stained guardian of Hel's gate

The best of trees | must Yggdrasil be,
.... .. and Garm of hounds

One of the refrains of Völuspá uses Garmr's howling to herald the coming of Ragnarök

After the first occurrence of this refrain the Fimbulvetr is related; the second occurrence is succeeded by the invasion of Jötnar (giants) in the world of gods; after the last occurrence, the rise of a new and better world is described.

Garmr is sometimes assumed to be identical to Fenrir. Garmr is sometimes seen as a hellhound, comparable to Cerberus.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 03:38   Link #572
kari-no-sugata II

Just when you think Van is lying low, he launches a chain store (with Vida's heart mark) that'll mentally corrode the entire town, lol. I'm guessing that the food he's going to give to the other merchants has his own blood as a "secret ingredient".

Has Van just become a drug kingpin or a honest merchant looking to make a fortune?
Old 2017-09-21, 04:48   Link #573
Breimn

I dont think he is giving them his blood yet. He is just going to have them work for him and probably dedicate himself only to hunting all day and making sauce after the hunt.He can easily hunt for hundreds.
This in turn will lower job for butchers, adventurers and both adventurer/merchant guild.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 05:25   Link #574
kari-no-sugata II

The title is "侵食される町 モークシー" (the encroachment of the town of Moxy), which feels like a reference to Van's 精神侵食 (mental encroachment) skill.

At the end it says:  モークシーの町の住人に対して、ヴァンダルーの侵食が眼に見える形で現れるようになったのはこの時からだ った。

Which I would translates as: For the residents of the town of Moxy, it was from this moment that the effects of Vandalieu's encroachment would start to become apparent.

This "moment" is when he starts a chain of food stores and points to a pot of... something. Well actually, we don't know for certain that it is food or drink related but that seems likely - if we consider the methods that Van can use to "change" people based on something physical then the most obvious one is his blood potions. I'm not saying the pot contains a normal blood potion, but it probably contains something similar - it's probably new but related to the blood potions in concept. Just consider how much this has been discussed during the current arc. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some special sauce or otherwise some kind of "ingredient" rather than a food (or drink) by itself. Hmm, or maybe it's related to coca-cola since Van had wanted the recipe

So anyway, it seems likely that the pot contains something that will be eventually consumed by a large percentage of the people in the town. They'll then start to receive Van's "guidance" and be changed because of that.
Old 2017-09-23, 15:29   Link #575
Areswarlord

So just read the latest translation, and i got to say I'm ok with not forgiving Heinz and them. The comment there are like oh he should forgive or he become the demon king, which i think is stupid. I mean why should he just because he does some good deed it all water under the bridge now? I say fuck that i'm glad he stick to his guns.
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 05:51   Link #576
Imagine Breaker

^I refrained from commenting in Disqus but those comments pissed me off a bit. They forgot that Vida's races don't have the rights of humans. Especially dhampirs. And few people commented about rule of law. Lol.

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 07:23   Link #577
kari-no-sugata II

I'm not surprised there is a big difference of opinion here. It would be more surprising if there isn't one (particularly for those who have only read the translations). Van is a long way from your typical protagonist and does all sorts of creepy things that are more typical of the "evil' side. He's also more than a simple "avenger" out to punish the specific people who hurt him - he's against the "society" behind the people who hurt him. He doesn't claim that those that hurt him did something illegal either. Nor has he taken up the mantle of "equal rights" or similar. He doesn't really make a nice friendly appeal to the readers.

But what of Alda's side? Where does their legitimacy come from? It's basically "might makes right" - they killed or silenced those on Vida's side in a unilateral attack. Hardly fair and aboveboard. Hardly moral. And have they shown that they can manage the world properly? Nope. Things seem much nicer on Vida's side. Alda's side seems to be more defined by intolerance while Vida's side is much more tolerant. I'm not saying that a world run by Vida's side would be all sweetness and light but it seems a good bet that it would be better overall.

It could be argued that Van is going overboard with his revenge - but that's more in terms of what he is theoretically willing to do rather than the actual situation. In terms of what he's actually done, I don't think he has gone overboard. Though some of the more general background things he is doing seems a bit dubious.
Old 2017-09-24, 07:43   Link #578
Imagine Breaker

Anyway, can I ask a question? Who's this Randolph? Just saw the name from a few spoilers.

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 08:18   Link #579
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine Breaker View Post
Anyway, can I ask a question? Who's this Randolph? Just saw the name from a few spoilers.
He's a retired S-rank elf adventurer. He gets name dropped from time to time and has even briefly shown up for real in one chapter but for now he seems likely to hang around in the background, unless I've forgotten something.
Old 2017-09-24, 16:50   Link #580
kari-no-sugata II

Hahaha. Interesting timing considering the post above - Randolph turns up in the latest chapter in the same region Van is in. However, no indication yet that he's likely to cross paths with Van.

Anyway, Darcia's religious lecture was a success. Kinda cheated a bit at the end but apparently it's a common enough occurrence amongst high ranking priests.

Those no good guards are going to get up to no good again. Sigh. That's crossing the line guys.

Meanwhile, Van's cauldron of delights turned out to be our old friends gob-gob and the other Ghoul foods.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist