AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 17:17   Link #61
Arya

Really liked this first episode, good prologue. I guess the next episode will jump straight to the grown-up Jin time. Fighting scenes could be better though.
Spoiler for ep 1:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 19:05   Link #62
Kazu-kun

Well, that was rushed. With this pacing you can't get attached to anything at all and so the fights seem inconsequential. It feels more like a typical shounen fighting story than the gruesome but dramatic seinen it was supposed to be.

First episode was disappointed but I'll watch a few more in the hopes the pacing will relax a bit to let the damn thing breathe. If it doesn't I'll drop it. No matter how awesome the fights may look, if it doesn't make me feel anything, it's just not worth it.
Old 2012-04-03, 19:35   Link #63
SQA

For a series with shape-shifting, genetically engineered killing monsters, I have having a really hard time suspending my disbelief of Jin's complete lack of interaction with death before. Or most of the gamut of human emotions. I get what they were going for with that dialogue, but it was still jarring.

I liked the first episode, even for some of the weirdness. It's got a Claymore vibe to it, which is something I do like (every now and then). I also like the character designs. You know this is going to be violent. I look forward to the gallons of blood!
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 20:16   Link #64
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, that was rushed. With this pacing you can't get attached to anything at all and so the fights seem inconsequential. It feels more like a typical shounen fighting story than the gruesome but dramatic seinen it was supposed to be.

First episode was disappointed but I'll watch a few more in the hopes the pacing will relax a bit to let the damn thing breathe. If it doesn't I'll drop it. No matter how awesome the fights may look, if it doesn't make me feel anything, it's just not worth it.
@MAL forums for episode 1, they stated the show crammed 13 chapters into the first episode...

This series had potential for 26+ episodes >_<

Gonna give 2nd episode a last try and if it feels rushed, I might read the series instead.
Old 2012-04-03, 20:19   Link #65
kakakka

I recommend people to read the manga, like, right now.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 22:00   Link #66
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I have know idea what was going on it seem they left out way to much
Old 2012-04-03, 22:08   Link #67
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
To be fair, even if you haven't read the manga episode 1 still feels rushed; knowing the source only exacerbates the feeling.

By the way, it's 12 chapters, not 13. That's STILL a lot for 1 episode though.
Old 2012-04-03, 22:48   Link #68
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
To be fair, even if you haven't read the manga episode 1 still feels rushed; knowing the source only exacerbates the feeling.

By the way, it's 12 chapters, not 13. That's STILL a lot for 1 episode though.
I didn't read the manga prior to watching it, well until I had to look for it to verify certain spoiler in the thread. The pacing felt very rushed to begin with, but when I found out that about 12 chapters were crammed in there, I just had to go through some of the pages to make sense of the episode content. First episode didn't do justice to the development at all. They should have spent at least two episodes to flesh out some of the things. There is still a slim chance a few things from those 12 chapters may be added later in the anime, but it might be too late to leave the desired impression on the audience for the anime. Then again, the intro seems to be far from what this show is going to be about. The show also might be scripted to fit a one or two cur series which amounts to 12-26 episodes at most.

Btw, here is the manga thread for anyone who wants to discuss it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 23:56   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I wonder why such a popular manga couldn't get a commitment of longer than one cour. Seems like the potential is there for a long-running series. It's not like seinen shows aren't making money.

Not a reader of the manga and as many have said, liked the first ep very much - visually very interesting - but was struck by the blistering pace. Also, Romi Paku is still fantastic at playing boy roles.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 00:16   Link #70
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's not like seinen shows aren't making money.
There's Seinen in the vein of Haruhi or Uchuu Kyoudai... Then there's seinen in the vein of Berserk (the type with blood, ultra-violence, and sex). Zetman is the latter.
Old 2012-04-04, 05:12   Link #71
MasterVampire

So dissapointed that this is only going to be 13 episodes!

MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 06:23   Link #72
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I liked how Jin didn't know about death , cry & warm feeling.
Well , let's see how they'll handle this show.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 07:39   Link #73
Arya

I have taken this first episode as a prologue to introduce the setting, so I didn't feel it as rushed, maybe a bit. I'm expecting a change of pace from the next episode. I didn't read anything about manga or anything else, so I'm just guessing even after having read previous comments here, where it looks like this first episode looked like being kid oriented in opposite to the real gore story

I agree about Jin having no knowledge at all about emotions and death not being realistic.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-04, 07:46   Link #74
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

First episode was awesome. It had both action scenes and sad and touching moments. It looks more like shounen than seinen, tough.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 09:57   Link #75
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I have taken this first episode as a prologue to introduce the setting, so I didn't feel it as rushed, maybe a bit. I'm expecting a change of pace from the next episode. I didn't read anything about manga or anything else, so I'm just guessing even after having read previous comments here, where it looks like this first episode looked like being kid oriented in opposite to the real gore story

I agree about Jin having no knowledge at all about emotions and death not being realistic.
1 anime episode = 12 manga chapters, lol They did a good job though.
Old 2012-04-04, 10:24   Link #76
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
1 anime episode = 12 manga chapters, lol They did a good job though.
Yep, I read about it, for that reason I was talking about prologue. I hope next episodes will have a better episode/manga chapters ratio that this one

Old 2012-04-04, 12:20   Link #77
konart

Quote:
Yep, I read about it, for that reason I was talking about prologue. I hope next episodes will have a better episode/manga chapters ratio that this one
Well, they are trying to adapt the story to fit into one cour it seems. The sweeper and Haitani only appear after 80 chapters or so. And Jin should met Couga only during the fight with fireplayer

Last edited by konart; 2012-04-04 at 12:39.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 12:24   Link #78
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I've heard a lot of good things about the Manga waiting for it finish dl'ing ^__^
Old 2012-04-04, 12:27   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

that is because they left out a lot of back ground material.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:04   Link #80
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I hope next episodes will have a better episode/manga chapters ratio that this one
Next episode should have at least 5 chapters in it...well, I guess it's an improvement from 13 :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen