4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-03, 19:41   Link #3961
yvj
U Mad?

I just realized Tamaki didn't get significant resolution or a total bad ass moment.
Old 2008-10-03, 19:45   Link #3962
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I just realized Tamaki didn't get significant resolution or a total bad ass moment.
? He is the owner of his own Café/pub/restaurant now.

All his friends signed this: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3090

I guess it's a good ending for him ^^

edit: I loved that scene.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 21:08   Link #3963
hero147

Rule Number 1....Never betray the main character, your popularity will drop like a rock! And I agree, he doesn't deserve such a prestigeous position for the crap he's been in. He sides with Schniezel, of all people, whom Xingke mentioned was a dangerous politician, with a fleja in his hand.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 21:09   Link #3964
Anime Daisuki

Well Ougi was being a hypocrite. He has been hiding a known enemy from the entire OotBK.
Anime Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 21:17   Link #3965
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Daisuki View Post
Well Ougi was being a hypocrite. He has been hiding a known enemy from the entire OotBK.
She had amnesia, what the hell do you want him to do?

Turn in a helpless woman who doesn't know anything?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 21:21   Link #3966
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Actually, he went to a number of Black Knights about the situation beforehand, as he admitted himself. Kallen knew, C.C. knew... the only one he kept it a secret from was Zero. And since he was hoping to get information about Zero from her, I'd say that's a pretty good reason to keep her a secret from Zero.
Old 2008-10-03, 21:23   Link #3967
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

He kept it quiet even after she regained her memories.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 21:24   Link #3968
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
He kept it quiet even after she regained her memories.
And you'll know why he did if you check out my previous post.
Old 2008-10-03, 23:02   Link #3969
Anime Daisuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

I don't see why it matters if that's the enemy. Should Lelouch have stopped if Charles developed amnesia?
Anime Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 23:15   Link #3970
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I don't see why it matters if that's the enemy. Should Lelouch have stopped if Charles developed amnesia?
News flash, Daisuki--he didn't know if she was an enemy or not! She wasn't exactly in uniform, you know. And when it was revealed that she was a Britannian soldier... well, he got shot for it, and she escaped, so on and so forth. By the time it mattered to Lelouch, he went and took care of things, blackmailing her into submission.
Old 2008-10-03, 23:33   Link #3971
Charred Knight

Quote:
Considering that everything worked out, I don't see what's wrong?

If Viletta had been revealed to be completely evil than yes, but since she wasn't and reformed I don't see the problem.
Old 2008-10-04, 00:26   Link #3972
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I think Marianne's reappearance really messed up all of lelouch's plans because he did so much wrong to find out who in the family killed her he killed clovis which he was visually upset about and being that her death wasnt related to them at all he misdirected his anger towards the family. If he had wanted to make the world safe for nunnally with the geass if he hadnt been plagued by the marianne/charles stuff from the start he might have just geassed the family into peace for him and nunnally but coulda/woulda/shoulda
Old 2008-10-04, 01:07   Link #3973
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, he went to a number of Black Knights about the situation beforehand, as he admitted himself. Kallen knew, C.C. knew... the only one he kept it a secret from was Zero. And since he was hoping to get information about Zero from her, I'd say that's a pretty good reason to keep her a secret from Zero.
They knew because they'd seen them together. Not because he told them. And they didn't learn she was a Britanian soldier till later, when Lelouch brought her in.

And sure, you can forgive him for keeping her secret, trying to get an advantage - but then, can you fault Zero for doing the same?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:09   Link #3974
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami Haru View Post

I feel....empty. ;_;
That feeling is the emotion of Code Geass's afterglow slowly burning away. Enjoy it while you can.

When animesuki takes down Code Geass from the "active series" list, is when you know Code Geass is truly over.

Soon, tn two to three months most fans will have moved on from Code Geass avatars and signatures to Gundam 00 2nd Season or even something else. Goodbye Geass. It's been a fun ride. But your time is over.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:12   Link #3975
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This series will transcend time, and there will be people with CG avatars and sigs for a long while. It's doubtful there will be anyting quite as good for a while.
Old 2008-10-04, 01:29   Link #3976
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This series will transcend time, and there will be people with CG avatars and sigs for a long while. It's doubtful there will be anyting quite as good for a while.
Really?

I got 2 days

at the most 25-26 weeks until the remake of Fullmetal Alchemist. I wonder if we are going to get the whole thing, we should be at least getting the epic sword fight from volume 12.

As I said on some other topic there has only been 3 mecha series that have trascended time.

The first was Mazinger Z which was the first Super Robot series that laid the groundwork for stuff like GaoGaiGar and Gurren Lagann

The second was Mobile Suit Gundam which was the first real robot series that laid the way for stuff like Votom, and Code Geass

The third was Evangelion which defined how different you can make your characters.

Code Geass was relativly solid, but I don't see the originality thats going to propel it to the levels that those three series did. It should hold out well, and should at least get Gundam Wing level popularity.

Looking at anime, there is always some "THE GREATEST ANIME EVER" claim, and talk about how there will never be any other anime like it, and in 4-5 years its forgotten.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Gurren Lagann
Code Geass
Haruhi
Lucky Star
Gundam 00
Code Geass R2.
Old 2008-10-04, 01:34   Link #3977
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:

Transcend time? Ehhh....no.

Memorable? Most definitely

Sure some people will rock Code Geass Avatars for a long while after the show is done, but right now (or I should say while the show was on the air) is the high point of Code Geass discussion and debate.

We're just in the afterglow. Been a fun ride, but the world moves on.

*closes the book of Code Geass*
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:39   Link #3978
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I'd hardly consider what Karen did in S1 to be on the same level of the BKs' betrayal towards Zero. That's confusion more than betrayal, Ougi and the rest on the other hand hardly strike me as confused. They ate everything Schneizer threw at them and retaliated without a second thought, only on the basis of Lelouch having a power that helped them time and time again.

But I'll agree about one thing, it's not just about Ougi, it just so happens that Ougi is in a very convienient post to be blamed for the whole group.
i hope you're not basing confusion simply on looking confused let's see...

They ate everything Schneizel threw at them and retaliated without a second thought
Kallen ate everything Suzaku threw at her and left without a second thought

Scheizel shown a semi-confession from Lelouch
Suzaku forced a semi-confession from Lelouch (iirc)

ultimately Ougi decided to leave Lelouch in Schneizel's hands
effectively Kallen decided to leave Lelouch in Suzaku's hands

you really can't expect much from people who hardly knew anything about Zero. Kallen on the other hand, knew Lelouch and about geass that's why what she did to Lelouch should hurt more. it's a matter of "she should have known better" while the BK "couldn't have known better"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, for me personally, I just have a distaste for ignorance as much as knowing intentions when I analysis actions and their results. I mean, a suicide bomber thinks he's going to heaven and getting 1000 virgins from Allah for blowing up civilians, I'm still inclined to not feel much sympathy for him even if he is a bit deluded in my view. Same with how I looked on with distaste as Ougi and the Order cuddled up with Schneizel and much like Kallen said before she caved in didn't even try to go beyond the one-sided perspective on the matter. >_>
then you should be hating on a lot of people since everyone's ignorant on something

seriously though, as much as i don't like Ougi he's receiving too much crap from people, more than what he deserve
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:48   Link #3979
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
lol i agree with Charred, give it 6 months and there will already be something better than CG in my opinion, that is, if FMA follows the manga
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:56   Link #3980
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
lol i agree with Charred, give it 6 months and there will already be something better than CG in my opinion, that is, if FMA follows the manga
I can see this lasting in Japan for sometime with something like Getter popularity, but anyone who sees this as the next Gundam is sadly mistaken.

As for the american anime fansub community

WHEN THE HELL HAS ANYTHING LASTED?

Except for Evangelion, and Dragonball Z I don't remember a single series being a long laster.

The American anime fansub community has the memory of a goldfish.