AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 211 60.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 14.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 6.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 5.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 5.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.86%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.03%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-22, 03:49   Link #681
Hamchan
The World Ends With Me!

For some reason I thought he became a taxi driver. I'm weird, i know.
Old 2009-03-22, 08:16   Link #682
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamchan View Post
For some reason I thought he became a taxi driver. I'm weird, i know.
I thought so too, given the appearance of his car:
Spoiler for for space:

Note the yellow triangular thing on the roof, hence the "taxi" assumption. It might be a Japanese "learner's car", for all I know... which is very little since I haven't actually been to Japan. In Hong Kong and the UK, a "learner's car" from a driving school is usually very small, not taxi size, and has square, red-and-white "L" (or L/學) plates on the front, back and sometimes the top as well.
Old 2009-03-22, 17:03   Link #683
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Wow, what a phenomenal ending. And possibly the happiest one possible.

I'm really not a fan of sad endings or "normal" ones when it comes to anime so this is possibly one of the best endings I've ever seen. I'd put this up there in my favorites list along with that of Scrapped Princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post

-The girls from the chorus club in HS studying music in College I suppose. Wow, best friends even now. !
THANK YOU for that breakdown because I felt very stupid. I had NO clue who those two girls were at all.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-03-23, 22:48   Link #684
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
nice ending but what the hell happened... so the writers just decided to screw around and suddenly bring Nagisa back... ohh well it was great none the less... what a series 10/10

nobody likes sad endings anyway ^_^
Old 2009-03-24, 02:01   Link #685
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Hm, I happened to have the song that was playing during most of the episode in my head.
What's the name of this song?
Old 2009-03-24, 02:36   Link #686
Frostydrops
Lord of the Interwebz

Terrible ending. Its switched gears so abruptly in such a ridiculous way. The previous episodes were all sad and all of a sudden everything becomes happy again, and hell even Nagisa revives. I was really gearing up for an ending like "Air". Happy ending ftl.
Old 2009-03-24, 07:10   Link #687
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Hm, I happened to have the song that was playing during most of the episode in my head.
Chiisana Tenohira?

@Frostydrops:

As i mentioned before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Instead of sending you to a flame inferno, I redirect you to this little thread. The graphic time line (in post 43) along with some of the explanations(this one is by far the cleanest one) might make the ending more meaningful for you. You may still don't like it, but at least things will become clearer
Old 2009-03-24, 09:36   Link #688
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostydrops View Post
Terrible ending. Its switched gears so abruptly in such a ridiculous way. The previous episodes were all sad and all of a sudden everything becomes happy again, and hell even Nagisa revives. I was really gearing up for an ending like "Air". Happy ending ftl.
clearly you are not aquianted with the phoenix down

on a more serious note, go read proto's linking, this has been discussed to death, and after reading the explanation or rewatching the series and paying attention to the illusory world then recast judgement, see if the phoenix down takes affect again...

Last edited by Nosauz; 2009-03-24 at 09:59.
Old 2009-03-24, 09:50   Link #689
xavier12336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Agree with you.

Frostydrop-> Well, of cuz u can stop at the part when Tomoya collapsed and just quit the episode if you are not happy with the "time-reversed part". Also, u seem to like happy ending so u shld be glad Kyoani uses the True ending route.
Old 2009-03-24, 09:59   Link #690
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Then stop watching episode 22 and end at 21. Nobody is pointing a gun at you and go "watch 22".

Episode 22 is the canon, true end to the game. It is simply a reward after Tomoya had gone through great lengths grating the happiness of others.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-24, 10:24   Link #691
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Episode 22 is the canon, true end to the game. It is simply a reward after Tomoya had gone through great lengths grating the happiness of others
I wouldn't put it as simple as a reward, but sure, that works as well.

Other than that, he has every right in the world to come and expose his qualms with episode 22. Saying 'then don't watch it' just because he happened not to like it is not nice at all you know.
Old 2009-03-24, 10:27   Link #692
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Other than that, he has every right in the world to come and expose his qualms with episode 22. Saying 'then don't watch it' just because he happened not to like it is not nice at all you know.
I am simply suggesting ways that he could enjoy this anime more. If he digs sad endings, my suggestion is to stop watching 22. Absolutely nothing wrong w/that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-24, 11:10   Link #693
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I literally LOL-ed at that.

Very quality.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-03-24, 18:25   Link #694
Ushio
Rise and Fall.

Quote:
I wouldn't say terrible ending, but I have to agree with you, somewhat. I don't really feel like going through looong explanations on why the happy ending is justified; I watch the anime for the anime, nothing else. Eh. If anything, it had more of an impact in the game than the anime (didn't affect me at all in the anime, even if I knew and read everything), but eh. :v
Old 2009-03-24, 19:10   Link #695
Nosauz

I think you just didn't pay attention to the show :O but hey what do I know...
Old 2009-03-24, 19:26   Link #696
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
I thought so too, given the appearance of his car:
Spoiler for for space:
The side of the door actually confirms that he is indeed learning how to drive. The side reads 自動車 教習用/教習所, or car for training purposes.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-24, 19:53   Link #697
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio View Post
I wouldn't say terrible ending, but I have to agree with you, somewhat. I don't really feel like going through looong explanations on why the happy ending is justified; I watch the anime for the anime, nothing else. Eh. If anything, it had more of an impact in the game than the anime (didn't affect me at all in the anime, even if I knew and read everything), but eh. :v
KyoAni trying their very best (i'd say did a damn good job too) to make an anime adaptation of the game. You didn't need an long explanation to understand why things happened the way they did.
Not trying to say people are stupid, but it was pretty easy to understand. :\
the explanations just helped in the ['why'] aspect of the ending.
playing the game first helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The side of the door actually confirms that he is indeed learning how to drive. The side reads 自動車 教習用/教習所, or car for training purposes.

- Tak
The words are so small how could anyone make that out? lol
plus its blurred!~

Quote:
As everyone has already explained..just spend the effort to understand 'why' things happened. if you don't wanna spend the effort, don't spend time watching series that make you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
which one? more than one song was playing through .. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ View Post
nice ending but what the hell happened... so the writers just decided to screw around and suddenly bring Nagisa back... ohh well it was great none the less... what a series 10/10

nobody likes sad endings anyway ^_^
35 pages on the discussion of what the hell happened..
i suggest you read up.. its actually very touching/deep and makes a lot of sense.
Old 2009-03-24, 20:19   Link #698
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmandan View Post
The words are so small how could anyone make that out? lol
plus its blurred!~
Its really not that hard to figure out. Lets just say that it comes with experience.

Aside from that, I cannot recall a Japanese taxi in real life that remotely looks like the car he is driving.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-24, 23:24   Link #699
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its really not that hard to figure out. Lets just say that it comes with experience.

Aside from that, I cannot recall a Japanese taxi in real life that remotely looks like the car he is driving.

- Tak
Yeah, I'm nearly positive it's a practice car for his license like a few have mentioned already. Going by its look and the look of the area he's in (it's a practice course).
Old 2009-03-24, 23:28   Link #700
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And this is placed after seeing Kotomi-chan driving on the right hand side of the road in a right hand drive car (assumed to be in America using an imported car).