AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-27, 22:01   Link #221
~BC~

Quote:
Don't you people think that after the declaration of independence, Saki is eating up Shoko's spotlight? In the preview for season 2 we see every main characters but Shoko, we don't even know if Shoko have said something in preview.
Pretty sure she did say something in the preview. However, they could be hiding her appearance because of spoilers (much like they did VVV II). Learning what we have about the Magius (their connection to the world leaders, different generations, etc.) it's a little soon to worry that she's being pushed out of the spotlight.

Quote:
Everyone near the drill? Breathed poison gas and died. Shoko? No poison gas to be found.
Akira helped. She turned on the sprinklers and opened up some vents to change the flow. Still I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Shoko suffered some side affect like, oh say, amnesia.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:02   Link #222
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
My prediction this anime is going to pull a Aquarion EVOL on us with the pairings and possibly the stories I guarantee it, Saki is going to be the next Zessica. :'(

Since this anime makes me feel like i'm watching Aquarion Evol all over again, I'll watch it but with low expectations for the ending.
OH GOD NO. Please for the love of all that is good and sweet, do not make Saki into Zessica 2.0.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:03   Link #223
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
My prediction this anime is going to pull a Aquarion EVOL on us with the pairings and possibly the stories I guarantee it, Saki is going to be the next Zessica. :'(

Since this anime makes me feel like i'm watching Aquarion Evol all over again, I'll watch it but with low expectations for the ending.
I dare Sunrise to pull a EVOL on us, if they do I'm flying to Japan in kamikaze style aiming at the Sunrise studio.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:07   Link #224
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I dare Sunrise to pull a EVOL on us, if they do I'm flying to Japan in kamikaze style aiming at the Sunrise studio.
Okouchi can possibly pull an ending that makes EVOL look good in comparison and I wouldn't put it past him to make that type of ending impossible to write.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:07   Link #225
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Now if that is the case, I will be the first to say if we do end up with Haruto and Shoko then I'm perfectly fine with that. I got no problem with any pairing as long as it doesn't come off as forced to me.

And if that is what we get, then it can't be worse than Amata and Mikono.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:07   Link #226
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post

Also, note the statues shown in this flashforward, the three-legged raven and the crescent moon. This is the symbol of JIOR, which means that the VVV pilots succeeded in rebuilding their country.
Actually, the symbol of JIOR is two golden cranes facing each other. You see it on their flag.

The three-legged raven and moon is the symbol of the Valvraves and by association, the Magius. Remember that VVV1 was found the way it is and the JIOR military copied it to make the others. I'm guessing it already had the symbol on it and JIOR decided to put it on all the rest as well. So, because of this, I'd say that this is the Magius' empire and that's why their symbol is everywhere.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-27, 22:17   Link #227
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

.... I actually liked the ending to EVOL.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:18   Link #228
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, the symbol of JIOR is two golden cranes facing each other. You see it on their flag.

The three-legged raven and moon is the symbol of the Valvraves and by association, the Magius. Remember that VVV1 was found the way it is and the JIOR military copied it to make the others. I'm guessing it already had the symbol on it and JIOR decided to put it on all the rest as well. So, because of this, I'd say that this is the Magius' empire and that's why their symbol is everywhere.
Ah. My mistake. However, Saki, here, clearly refers to Haruto as the Founder of the country she's in. If we can assume that he didn't go to the dark side as our main character, then maybe he just used the symbol for the new JIOR.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:21   Link #229
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
.... I actually liked the ending to EVOL.
i think he means what happens to zessica and if they do the same to saki because if you take that out evol ending is not that bad, if some what a little cheesy
Old 2013-06-27, 22:27   Link #230
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i think he means what happens to zessica and if they do the same to saki because if you take that out evol ending is not that bad, if some what a little cheesy
I just wished they developed Amata and Mikono better. They came off as the relationship sue couple. Plus it's second half kinda went off the rails. But the supporting cast was awesome. Shrade, Andy, Mix, they were great and likeable.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:30   Link #231
FreedomFighterGunboy

This episode totally made up for episode 10. Good for you Valvrave. Also, good for you Akira. I can't help but hope that the kid in the beginning is Saki's kid.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:32   Link #232
Irenesharda

Hmm, this time, we finally see the weaker side of L-11. And I think he might require an upgrade to match up to his former teacher. Maybe of the immortal variety?

And it's now obvious that having a Valvrave isn't the only way one can become an immortal magic vampire. So, see you in the future L-elf!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-27, 22:33   Link #233
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

we have two new faction now, the unknown 3rd Galactic Empire and the Magius/Vampire civilzation. Another non-natural human vs natural human perhaps?
Old 2013-06-27, 22:35   Link #234
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Magius = Innovators
Old 2013-06-27, 22:45   Link #235
eddyg17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Ah. My mistake. However, Saki, here, clearly refers to Haruto as the Founder of the country she's in. If we can assume that he didn't go to the dark side as our main character, then maybe he just used the symbol for the new JIOR.
Not necessarly. She could still have fond feelings towards Dark Haruto and be on the enemy capital at the same time.

I believe she is in the enemy capital because the boy clearly only has a vague idea of what Earth is. He also said the Earth was at the very end of the galaxy. If Saki was in the human capital, I can assure that such capital would be located in Earth (only 200 years have passed). If she was at the alien's capital, referring to Earth as a far away planet, makes much more sense.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:48   Link #236
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm pretty pleased with how many of my speculations actually happened.

My key points were... Module 77 is toast. Cain successfully captures a Valvrave for his personal use. Akira and/or Takahi also get a Valvrave. Saki's answer to Haruto is "no". Shoko survives (unless there's a timeskip within the episode itself).

I correctly called Cain getting a Valvrave, Akira getting a Valvrave, and Saki answering with "no". Meanwhile, Module 77 may or may not be toast (since we have a Code Geass-esque cliffhanger ending here) and Shoko probably will survive beyond this episode at least. 4/5 and a maybe - Not bad!

To be fair, my more specific speculations were much more hit and miss (mostly miss ) but I'm glad I got some of the big stuff right. The biggest surprise for me is that I figured at least a couple named characters would die, but unless that happened off-screen, that's a "no". Still, because of the Code Geass-esque cliffhanger they went with here, it's possible we'll still get such character death - Just in the 1st episode of Season 2.

What I really liked about this episode:

1. Cain. Cain is the best military-based villain I've seen since Kane. After Cain got shot at by Haruto's Valvrave, I imagined Dorssian soldiers shouting "Cain lives in death! Cain lives in death! Cain lives in death!"

Ah, but due to Magius powers...

Cain (to massive Dorssian cheers):
Cain LIVES!!!

Awesome, awesome antagonist. I loved how he totally pwned L-Elf in one-on-one combat. That was a real surprise!

2. Shouko. Have to give the girl credit. Her attempt to save Akira was truly valiant and impressive to watch. And it worked!

3. Haruto. He took marriage proposal rejection like a boss. I liked the buddy cop routine between him and L-Elf, where L-Elf keeps getting hilariously shocked over how practical Haruto's suggestions are.

4. Dorssia's "Burn, Baby Burn!" strategy. Very clever. And it actually makes some sense! Made the Valvrave fighting much more engaging and fun to watch.

5. Future Saki. She looks gorgeous!

6. Satomi. He didn't do much, but I liked how he put personal pride and ego aside to reach out to a person that he must feel some resentment towards (given how he lost the election to her, and how she's become closer to his sister than he is). He swallowed his pride to plead with Shoko to save his sister.

7. Akira. Her part in the story may have been a touch overdone, but becoming a Valvrave pilot is a big deal. Given how Cain was totally stealing the spotlight this episode, its impressive they found enough time to make Akira's own Valvrave piloting seem dramatic and gripping.

8. Tentatively, the big plot twists. I don't know how all these reveals will play out, but they certainly made this episode even more fun and exciting than it already was. I loved how Cain's male-OS is considered OS-Tan's brother.

What I didn't like:

1. Code Geass-style cliffhanger ending. It makes things a little less satisfying for me.

2. No confirmed named character death. That's a touch gutless for a finale, but admittedly Valvrave mostly made up for it elsewhere.

On the whole, I give it 8/10. One point taken off for each of my two negatives. It's definitely a 10/10 aside from them.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:53   Link #237
LostSome

The facial expressions in this episode are intense.
A-Drei`s Yandere face !*Shiver*
Q-Vier`s face when he caught Saki`s Valvrave.
Cain`s smug.
L-Elf`s being scared.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:53   Link #238
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The beat down he gave to L-Elf was pretty satisfying to watch. Guess it's cause up till now, he was always in control.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:55   Link #239
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
This...was....BEYOND AWESOME!

I think I squeed in my seat the whole time.

That future time skip said so much and yet so little.
I also interpreted Saki's words to refer to Haruto as the "first of us/founder" person. What is unclear to me anyway is whether Haruto and Co. or the Magius start the 3rd Galactic Reich. Her line about it starting with a module could mean many things.

That kid, for all we know he could be ALL of the Valvrave pilots great or great great grandchild, I mean it IS 211 years in the future.

And yes it seems to be confirmed that the AI's appear to be some type of entity that can be transferred into a Valvrave.

Arus' President is also a Magius! Didn't see that one coming, kind of makes you wonder why he didn't side with Dorssia. Cain did say they worked from the shadows so maybe he's just bidding his time or will pull some oh no we got taken over schtick to keep things from looking to obvious.

Akira's backstory was painful to watch, but her overcoming it was awesome. I laughed so hard when she yelled Supermarket and jumped out of her little home. Her Valvrave is totally awesome.

Seeing L-Elf get his butt handed to him by Cain was more fun to watch then it probably should have been. I love how Cain pretty much pays Haurto no mind as he tried to hold him off.

The preview for the next episode, man it's going to be a long 3 months.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:56   Link #240
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Q-Vier`s face when he caught Saki`s Valvrave.
Speaking of him, HOW DARE YOU CALLED MY SAKI A B#$%! YOU B#$%!!!!
Closed Thread