AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-17, 07:19   Link #121
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ah, here we go. The introduction of the interesting characters phase. I can see the issues in Komatsu's troubled character and it's pleasing that they're taking the time to show it now, in the early part of the anime. The most interesting thing about this anime (particularly from the first episode, and I predict into the final episodes) is the two Nana relationship. Lack of Osaki was a downer in this episode, but I can hardly fault it because it's going about the right way of telling a story. It'll be intriguing to see where this goes.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:55   Link #122
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Nana debuted at number five in last week's top ten anime by number of viewers. This is outstanding for a late-night show, almost none of which ever hit the top ten. It was even ahead of Naruto. Honey & Clover started the trend of late-night josei anime, but Nana in its first week had 50% more viewers than that had in any week of its run (as I recall the figures).

Video Research 2006.04.03 -- 2006.04.09

Sazaemon — Sunday 18:30 — 20.3 (percentage of audience)
Chibi Maruko-chan — Sunday 18:00 — 12.8
Futari wa Precure Splash Star — Sunday 08:30 — 8.2
Digimon Savers — Sunday 09:00 — 6.3
NANA — Wednesday 23:55 — 6.2
Eyeshield 21 — Wednesday 19:00 — 6.1
Naruto — Wednesday 19:27 — 6.0
Major — Thursday 18:00 — 5.7
Gintama — Tuesday 19:00 — 5.6
Shoujo Changeum’s Dream — Thursday 19:30 — 5.3
I noticed this as well - that's actually REALLY, REALLY good for a late night anime... Even Honey and Clover could only peek above 4% but for this to get 6.2%! The power of Ai Yazawa and the renewed interest after the movie, I suppose? And it doesn't hurt that the first ep was actually good - it was rather enjoyable and well-done, although now they're going into Nana K's story and to be frank I really do not like people like Nana K, I'm sure I'll go hopping up and down when we get to Nana O's story.

Either way - Nihon TV must be really patting itself on the back. They're a bit selective with their anime in general, it seems. With a good relationship with IG + Ghibli.
Old 2006-04-18, 09:45   Link #123
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Question Question to english speakers

Just to be sure, i downloaded the ureshii fansubs to check how they translated the OP song. And as i already saw with other anime songs, this one and that of Live-evil are contradicting each other over english parts. I'm sort of fluent in japanese, but i'm french, and japglish is a really weird language. lol. Though i understand what it means most of the time, i wouldn't be able to judge who is right and who is wrong. lol
So i wanted to ask you all ( non native speakers aren't welcome. lol), what do YOU hear, reading the subtitles at the same time, and which one do you think is best?

Thanks, i'm counting on you.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:17   Link #124
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I noticed this as well - that's actually REALLY, REALLY good for a late night anime... Even Honey and Clover could only peek above 4% but for this to get 6.2%!
Somehow, I think it has to do with the fact that Nana has had live-action production before. Fans of the live action, or Nana in general, could very well follow the anime just for the sake of it being Nana: not because its an anime.

Its kinda like Harry Potter books and the movies: The reason why the movies do well is because the books themselves attracted readers. These readers, being hardcore fans (or fans who want everything related to Harry Potter), watch the movies, even if they don't like watching movies, or watch them at all.

Since Nana is a pretty popular Shoujo manga (and the fact that it has had live-action), I wouldn't be surprised if the reasons for the 6.2% ratings was caused by the situation described above.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 14:21   Link #125
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I noticed this as well - that's actually REALLY, REALLY good for a late night anime... Even Honey and Clover could only peek above 4% but for this to get 6.2%!
Now if they can just beat Chibi Maruko-chan, that would be quite a feat.

raphaël, it's b'cos Live-eviL is using a pig for those songs (if you don't believe me, here is the link (http://sindo.live-evil.org/pig06.jpg). I don't know what animal ureshii is using, but I'll bet you it's something other than a pig.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 17:25   Link #126
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Just to be sure, i downloaded the ureshii fansubs to check how they translated the OP song. And as i already saw with other anime songs, this one and that of Live-evil are contradicting each other over english parts. I'm sort of fluent in japanese, but i'm french, and japglish is a really weird language. lol. Though i understand what it means most of the time, i wouldn't be able to judge who is right and who is wrong. lol
So i wanted to ask you all ( non native speakers aren't welcome. lol), what do YOU hear, reading the subtitles at the same time, and which one do you think is best?

Thanks, i'm counting on you.
Live-eviL's lyrics are wrong.
Ureshii's lyrics are wrong.

No one on the planet will get those lyrics right until they see official lyrics in print. This is the way it is.

If I had it my way I wouldn't even sub the songs till the lyrics come out but I've tried that in the past and been crucified for being lazy fansubbers.

See this link for details: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=160

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 17:49   Link #127
raphaël
trainee archangel

Thanks a lot, now i understand. It really got on my mind, lately, and with that new release of Nana i wanted to be sure, as i said.
Actually i looked for the lyrics too and i can't believe they're still not available, even on the official site... Feels like, as you wrote, no one could understand what is sung there before it's printed somewhere "safe"...

Anyway i'm glad to know i'm not confused because of my own english or japanese level. lol

Remember Kurt Cobain? He was not japanese but he was always pissed off when he had to read the "interpretations" of what he sang in magazines. Some would say that was his fault, not articulating and all, but...

That was just an off-topic example, sorry...
Old 2006-04-18, 18:33   Link #128
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
I don't know if this series is anything like paradiss kiss, then it's not gonna be any good. Thats only IMO of course.

I saw the movie a while ago, and I could say that it was very well addapted for a 2 hr long movie and that the charecters match a llloooottt with the actual actors, they were quite similar looking that I was impreset, I havent read the manga, I did saw and read paradise kiss, I thought it was really cool, except for the ending, but since the movie is mostly true to the manga, I say it will be diferent from paradise kiss, but the same way cool, the ending I think will be some what similar but you never know.
leona_senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 22:25   Link #129
cipotlar

Regarding the mistranslations of the OPs and EDs..I'm gonna compare them using ureshii's ep1 translation and L-E's ep 1 & 2.

Just like Tofusensei said, it's very very hard to actually interpret what is the singer actually sung without actually having the lyrics..For example, in the ED, in ureshii's version they translated "I know koro no.." while L-E's version is "Ano koro no.."..If you try to say those words with the heavy music backgrounds, they will just sound the same..

That being said, I personally prefer L-E's 2nd episode version since the translation make more sense to me..The 1st episode had some bad mistranslations and L-E's fixed it..Good job guys

Btw, after listening to both OP and ED for several times, i grew more and more on them! can't wait for the singles to be released!
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 00:20   Link #130
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipotlar
Regarding the mistranslations of the OPs and EDs..I'm gonna compare them using ureshii's ep1 translation and L-E's ep 1 & 2.

Just like Tofusensei said, it's very very hard to actually interpret what is the singer actually sung without actually having the lyrics..For example, in the ED, in ureshii's version they translated "I know koro no.." while L-E's version is "Ano koro no.."..If you try to say those words with the heavy music backgrounds, they will just sound the same..

That being said, I personally prefer L-E's 2nd episode version since the translation make more sense to me..The 1st episode had some bad mistranslations and L-E's fixed it..Good job guys

Btw, after listening to both OP and ED for several times, i grew more and more on them! can't wait for the singles to be released!
It is "ano koro no" though. I guarantee that 100%. (quote me on this :X)

Thanks for the compliments, though! We always try to improve. ^^;

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-19, 03:52   Link #131
EricMontreal22

hat's the overal consensus? We have three fansubers, Ureshii, Live Evil and IYE. Which do people prefer so far and will stick with?
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 05:47   Link #132
Access

Umm... there's no need to debate it here, just download all three and decide for yourself. If you debate it here, no matter what you say, it ends up bad.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 06:08   Link #133
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I've been watching L-E's work ever since they did Utena long time ago, so I subconsciously trust their quality and they usually never disappoint me. So, I'm sticking with L-E.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 06:33   Link #134
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I've been watching L-E's work ever since they did Utena long time ago, so I subconsciously trust their quality and they usually never disappoint me. So, I'm sticking with L-E.
Wow, someone remembers our Utena!

You just made my day *_*

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-19, 09:48   Link #135
raphaël
trainee archangel

Talking long live fsgroups!

Let's just say ( i just watched IYE's OP and had a good laugh. Not laughing at them, of course, but making fun of the ironic situation of the poor fansubber under other fans pressure. lol) everyone's trying so hard it's really impressive. I think it's not useless to repeat groups should be thanked and congratulated more often ( helped too, by those who can give... ) for all they do, and bring to us for free, before being "scolded" because they're "late", or mistaken, or whatever...

Then, to answer the question, imho, i think too Live-Evil is more convincing still...
Experience matters, right? ^^
Old 2006-04-19, 15:23   Link #136
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In the ratings for the week ended 16 April, Nana is out of the top ten, and that's as far as Video Research's free service extends, so we don't know what rating it got. But the list this week ends at a 6.4 percent audience share, so it could have the same 6.2 it had last week. None of the shows that were behind Nana last week show up on the list this week, and neither does Digimon, which was ahead of it last week. This appears to have been a big week, with two specials: one of older anime showing old Japanese stories, another a Crayon Shin-chan special. The total of the top ten ratings this week was ~103; the total last week was ~83. It's easy to see from the list of top ten anime why most Japanese think anime is just for kids.

Sazaemon 21.6
Chibi Maruko-chan 14.7
Crayon Shin-chan special 12.0
One Piece 9.9
Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi 9.2
Black Jack 21 7.8
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 7.8
Detective Conan 7.7
Pokemon - AG 6.4
Onegai My Melody 6.4
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:14   Link #137
Omniscient

Episode 03 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 17:02   Link #138
dxgarten

Episode 03 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:03   Link #139
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Kaoru Chujo:
The stats is really interesting. Keep us updated on NANA's, onegaishimasu! ^^
nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:47   Link #140
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Sazaemon 21.6
I just need to correct you, cause you did this before too... It's "Sazaesan" not "Sazaemon". ^^;

-Tofu

Tags
drama, romance