AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 15:24   Link #2041
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
IT said in the information about Season 2 that Kouga would be jealous of Seiya because of how tight he and Saori are.
No, no. Subaru is the one jealous of Kouga.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:46   Link #2042
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Promo of the manga
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:18   Link #2043
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
No, no. Subaru is the one jealous of Kouga.
Spoiler for is more like this:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:39   Link #2044
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for is more like this:
It's not like there were too many... *cough*Jabu*cough*
Old 2013-03-24, 22:58   Link #2045
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not funny because I was the one complaining and I still stand by those words. What happened in this episode doesn't change anything to me.

So basically what I'm saying is that, even though I am a Yuna fan, I agree with you.
I know, i said it's "funny" because at the same time you have people complaining she does "too much" and others complain that she isn't doing anything. I mean, what?

I actually think it's neither of those options, what i defend is that Yuna' getting more and more attached to Kouga has been hampering her development and feats compared to other main characters not named Haruto and Ryuhou.
Especially because it feels one-sided - Kouga doesn't seem to favor her at all compared to the other friends, mainly Souma.

Quote:
Yuna has been fighting non-stop since episode 43. Literally.
Fighting off-screen, you mean, right? Since, unlike Eden, she was never the focus in any of those recent battles, unless when she is needed to scream for evil Kouga. I mean, when was the last time Yuna actually got a fight scene for herself? I think this episode's screentime is trying to make up for that.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-03-24 at 23:12.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 01:28   Link #2046
ellessarr
Banned

seya will be a oto-san
atena will be oka-san
yuna will be his onee-san(hard brocom for him)
subaru will be his jealous ototo

this will be a "happy family" and the series will turn a slice of life :P:P:P
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:08   Link #2047
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

So now they're like this? Why the jewel...
Old 2013-03-25, 08:16   Link #2048
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post

Designed by Bandai. See KR Wizard and Smile Precure.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 13:07   Link #2049
Miraluka
Banned

Not bad.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 13:33   Link #2050
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post

I honestly dont like it. But as long as it shuts up the Omega haters. Cant wait to see what the new writers have planned.
Old 2013-03-25, 22:34   Link #2051
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Especially because it feels one-sided - Kouga doesn't seem to favor her at all compared to the other friends, mainly Souma.
Wait, what? Kouga has no eyes for anyone that isn't female! Did you miss his speech in episode 43? "Saori-san, Aria, Yuna and the other guys I don't give a shit about!" They're the three triggers of the DARK COSMO for a reason: in 34 it was the memory of Aria's death, in 44 it was the almost-death of Yuna and in 48 it was the vision of Saori's death.

Souma is the one that doesn't feel any more "important" than Ryuho and Haruto. Ever since episode 40 all 3 of them have been getting lumped together in the mass of irrelevance called "nakama-tachi". To even try to argue that Souma feels like a real friend to Kouga is ridiculous. Even Eden feels closer to him these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty
I actually think it's neither of those options, what i defend is that Yuna' getting more and more attached to Kouga has been hampering her development and feats compared to other main characters not named Haruto and Ryuhou.
Souma has no feats in the Gold Saint arc. All he did was fail to save Sonia... his entire character was completely cannibalized by Sonia's much superior character arc. It's really no wonder he is the least popular of the main Bronzes: Sonia was the only good thing about him.

Souma, Haruto and Ryuho could have left the story in episode 41 and the narrative would remain the exact same. Yuna was both the cause and the solution of the Dark Cosmo event in the Pisces Temple, Eden was the one who helped him defeat Mars, Eden getting Aria's staff was the reason Seiya came back, Yuna was the one who got personal help (and praise) from Seiya and Saori and ultimately helped Kouga regain his senses after he was posssed by Apsu. There was no purpose to keeping Souma, Ryuho and Haruto in the story from episode 42 and onwards.

Last edited by 7Th; 2013-03-25 at 23:13.
Old 2013-03-26, 03:11   Link #2052
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Wait, what? Kouga has no eyes for anyone that isn't female! Did you miss his speech in episode 43? "Saori-san, Aria, Yuna and the other guys I don't give a shit about!" They're the three triggers of the DARK COSMO for a reason: in 34 it was the memory of Aria's death, in 44 it was the almost-death of Yuna and in 48 it was the vision of Saori's death.
Aria and Saori, definitely, but Yuna? Sorry, but Kouga never treated her differently or bonded with her in a special way, compared to the memories he created with Aria and Saori that we were always getting flashbacks from. From Kouga's POV, Yuna is, alright, what you call a nakama-tachi. You'll have to cling yourself to that one scene where he went dark to save Yuna in a fight, since there wasn't much else from his end. And i'm pretty sure he wouldn't watch any of his friends die in that scene, just because he didn't want to go dark, be it Yuna or Haruto. It just happened to be Yuna because Amor was flirting with her.

Quote:
Souma has no feats in the Gold Saint arc. All he did was fail to save Sonia... his entire character was completely cannibalized by Sonia's much superior character arc. It's really no wonder he is the least popular of the main Bronzes: Sonia was the only good thing about him.
You're missing the point. Sonia was more interesting, but her rivalry with Souma made both develop through the season - compare the desperate, immature Souma from when they first fought, to the Souma that overpowered Sonia physically and mentally. He got over his anger, he changed. But still, Sonia was beyond salvation, and she had to pay for her sins.

Now with Yuna, the problem is that Kouga isn't making her develop in the same way that Sonia directly affected Souma. Kouga is too busy fighting for too many people.

Quote:
Souma, Haruto and Ryuho could have left the story in episode 41 and the narrative would remain the exact same. Yuna was both the cause and the solution of the Dark Cosmo event in the Pisces Temple, Eden was the one who helped him defeat Mars, Eden getting Aria's staff was the reason Seiya came back, Yuna was the one who got personal help (and praise) from Seiya and Saori and ultimately helped Kouga regain his senses after he was posssed by Apsu. There was no purpose to keeping Souma, Ryuho and Haruto in the story from episode 42 and onwards.
Well, that's convenient. Between episodes 34 (Cancer) and 44 (Pisces), you could say the same about Yuna: she could be gone and it would have made no difference whatsoever either.
Then, what? She played Kouga's cheerleader in Pisces, became irrelevant for another handful of episodes, and made herself important...screaming for Kouga again.
Her supposed fight with Amor was in the meantime, and it could be her highlight, but it ended up completely ignored, since we barely saw it and he didn't even bother with her..
Anyway, none of these events actually made her develop as a character, which was my only point here. Yuna is pretty much the same since she dropped her mask, and it didn't help that she is the only Bronze Saint who didn't have any personal goal to accomplish - other than her obsession with saving Kouga that came up later. When you think of it like that, it really minimizes her character.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 07:10   Link #2053
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Aria and Saori, definitely, but Yuna? Sorry, but Kouga never treated her differently or bonded with her in a special way, compared to the memories he created with Aria and Saori that we were always getting flashbacks from. From Kouga's POV, Yuna is, alright, what you call a nakama-tachi. You'll have to cling yourself to that one scene where he went dark to save Yuna in a fight, since there wasn't much else from his end. And i'm pretty sure he wouldn't watch any of his friends die in that scene, just because he didn't want to go dark, be it Yuna or Haruto. It just happened to be Yuna because Amor was flirting with her.
No, I meant in Kouga's speech he specifically singled Yuna out and put her in the same class as Saori and Aria. He lumped Souma with "nakama-tachi".

Plus, can you say that Kouga sees Yuna the same he sees the other "nakama" after her voice was the only thing able to bring him back from the DARKNESS at least 3 times already?

Quote:
You're missing the point. Sonia was more interesting, but her rivalry with Souma made both develop through the season - compare the desperate, immature Souma from when they first fought, to the Souma that overpowered Sonia physically and mentally. He got over his anger, he changed. But still, Sonia was beyond salvation, and she had to pay for her sins.
Souma resolved a single issue related to a single character. Overall, he changed even less than Yuna or even HARUTO. Only his relationship with Sonia evolved. And Souma's relationship with Sonia ultimately had even less effect on Sonia than Yuna did in Kouga. Even in their final battle, Sonia couldn't care less about Souma: the core of her breakdown was Eden's betrayal.

Quote:
Now with Yuna, the problem is that Kouga isn't making her develop in the same way that Sonia directly affected Souma. Kouga is too busy fighting for too many people.
Yuna's relationship with Kouga doesn't exist in a vacuum; it is part of Yuna's overall "I gotta protect everyone" character and an extension of her relationship with Aria. It's not just a simple crush on Kouga.

Quote:
Well, that's convenient. Between episodes 34 (Cancer) and 44 (Pisces), you could say the same about Yuna: she could be gone and it would have made no difference whatsoever either.
Well, that's irrelevant. Other than Eden, no hero actually played an important role between episodes 35 and 39. They just got beaten up by Mykene, Fudou and Tokisada.

Quote:
Then, what? She played Kouga's cheerleader in Pisces, became irrelevant for another handful of episodes, and made herself important...screaming for Kouga again. Her supposed fight with Amor was in the meantime, and it could be her highlight, but it ended up completely ignored, since we barely saw it and he didn't even bother with her..
That wasn't the only thing she did in Pisces; she also helped Eden move forward and created the opportunity for Mars' defeat. Yuna didn't do less than Eden against Amor.

Quote:
Anyway, none of these events actually made her develop as a character, which was my only point here. Yuna is pretty much the same since she dropped her mask, and it didn't help that she is the only Bronze Saint who didn't have any personal goal to accomplish - other than her obsession with saving Kouga that came up later. When you think of it like that, it really minimizes her character.
What? Yuna is the only Bronze Saint that has had a REAL personal goal since day one. She wants to create a world without war. She is actually the only Saint that still has a goal in S2: Kouga rescued Saori, Souma overcame the death of his father, Haruto fulfilled Yoshitomi's promise, Eden fulfilled Aria's wish. Even her new character profile makes a mention of it.

Last edited by 7Th; 2013-03-26 at 07:28.
Old 2013-03-26, 08:16   Link #2054
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first chapter of the new manga was released
Spoiler for spoiler?:
Old 2013-03-26, 08:36   Link #2055
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler?:
WAT?
Old 2013-03-26, 09:20   Link #2056
Divino

Concept Art of Subaru's Casual Clothes + Kouga and Souma's new cloth designs from Kero Magazine:

Spoiler for designs:
Old 2013-03-26, 11:49   Link #2057
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
WAT?
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-03-26, 11:57   Link #2058
Miraluka
Banned

From what I heard the chapter shows the begining of the series and then skips to post Apsu's defeat, and what appeared isn't Mars but a leftover spirit of him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:46   Link #2059
cyoti

Quote:
What? Yuna is the only Bronze Saint that has had a REAL personal goal since day one. She wants to create a world without war.
Well that is simply not true. Ryuho wants to cure Shiryu. That is also a personal beyond pesonal vengeance like Souma and Haruto. It's just that the writers mostly forgot about him and relegated him to the b-team after Paradox. And we all thought he was going to fought Genbu too

Quote:
You're missing the point. Sonia was more interesting, but her rivalry with Souma made both develop through the season - compare the desperate, immature Souma from when they first fought, to the Souma that overpowered Sonia physically and mentally.
But that wasn't what happened.

Sonia's breakdown was a result of her uncertainty and reluctance which had been there since she was ordered to kill Souma's father. Souma only played a small part in that and was really an observer for the end.

Souma's character never really developed because of her. We are lead to believe he changed more because he met Jabu and was trained by him. His changing views of Sonia really didn't effect his development all that much. Just that he no longer sought vengeance. In the end, her death didn't effect his character other than granting him the seventh sense power upgrade.

Last edited by cyoti; 2013-03-26 at 17:01.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:55   Link #2060
ChampDream
Alive

episode 50

that was good!
Apart for all the KougaXYuna in this episode, it was cool how the planet start shaking when Seiya comeback and how he and Yuna managed to save Kouga.
Now is time for Kouga to redeem himself against Abzu.

Tags
action, shounen