Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-26, 14:58   Link #1161
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
There is a story at sankaku complex (not a safe for work or kids site) about an American who plead guilty to possession of lolli manga. We all know what lolli manga is and some of us read it for example KNJ, but i find this troublesome as it tends towards thought policing. It reminds me strongly of the to catch a predator shows on NBC, I think most of us would agree child molestors are bad but that isn't what they are showing on those shows. They are catching someone who is THINKING about molesting a child. In actuality all the people involved are adults and no actual children were ever molested or even involved in anyway. Similarly here someone is likely going to jail for possessing pictures of someone who never existed doing something they never did. It is a way for the government to regulate our thoughts. I don't think it is hard for any of us to think back to a time where we said "i wanna kill (insert name) and even if we meant it/dreamed about it and shot daggers from our eyes at them, they are still alive and well. How about writers who sit around writing characters who are drug dealers pimps, hookers, murderers etc my question is what gets regulated next. anyway i thought this would be of interest to the people on this topic since KNJ is certainly a controversial manga and its readers may be next.
If the guy went to meet what he believed to be a kid in an... inappropriate situation, he did more than "think about doing it".

If, on the other hand, all he did was buy pictures of fictional kids, he did less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksmash View Post
I dont see knj having any issues with that in the near future, but I'm sure it's possible. Perosnally, I just read it for the story/ character development. I forget half the time that it's even considered loli.
You do realize how much that sounds like "I'm a big fan of the "Big breasted sluts" series, for its dialogues...", do you?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 15:07   Link #1162
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
There is a story at sankaku complex (not a safe for work or kids site) about an American who plead guilty to possession of lolli manga. We all know what lolli manga is and some of us read it for example KNJ, but i find this troublesome as it tends towards thought policing.
I think I heard of that case, but I believe the guy had a previous offense as a child offender and was on perole and one of the conditions of his perole was not to have anything to do with Pedo material. I doubt they could stick that charge to anybody else without having a previous offense.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 00:32   Link #1163
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If the guy went to meet what he believed to be a kid in an... inappropriate situation, he did more than "think about doing it".

If, on the other hand, all he did was buy pictures of fictional kids, he did less.

You do realize how much that sounds like "I'm a big fan of the "Big breasted sluts" series, for its dialogues...", do you?
Pssh we used to call that "I read Playboy for the articles" defense, but I guess not many people even care about the mag to reference it anymore huh...

As for this series for me...I came for the cuteness on the cover and stayed for Shirai...I demand Shiro and Kuro's further adventures spinoff...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:41   Link #1164
Linksmash
Legendary Link Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Say what you will. I find the series to be very touching with great theme and character development. I honestly dont even like loli. My friend forced me to watch the first 3 episodes of the anime, but after I understood what was going on I couldnt help but continue to add my analysis to the series. Personally it's one of the best stories I've seen in a manga.
Linksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:55   Link #1165
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I personally find the series more funny after realising who voiced Rin and Daisuke: Ami and Ryuji from Toradora. Having the image of a junior Ami treating adult Ryuji like a toy is funny.
Old 2009-05-27, 05:12   Link #1166
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

well I think if you are a fan of manga you can easily be sucked into any genre sometimes by simple boredom. I read immadoki and boys over flowers just because my wife bought them and they were sitting on the shelf and I had nothing else to read. But i read the first volume and wanted to know how the story went so I read them all. I'm just greatful she isn't into any yaoi stuff T_T
Old 2009-05-27, 06:43   Link #1167
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

This series is actually relatively harmless. The lolicon fanservice is overstated. The really disturbing content is Rin and Reiji and their manipulation of the people around them. Very unhealthy to emulate if you ask me.
Old 2009-05-27, 10:30   Link #1168
Fran~
floating away...

Yes... this is an example that graphic content isnt as disturbed as mental manipulation.
Old 2009-05-27, 22:41   Link #1169
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm surprised that Aoki lasted this long with Rin around. You have a kid who's wise beyond her years at some levels, and yet in other ways, she acts her age. Combine that with a creepy guy relative (cousin? Uncle?) of hers, and I wonder how any teacher can handle Rin without a nervous breakdown.

Spoiler for Aoki:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-27 at 23:00.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 02:45   Link #1170
Linksmash
Legendary Link Player

Aoki's too good, and he's really progressed from the shy sheltered teacher he started out as. Even though he didnt exactly mean that as wanting to do that stuff with Rin, it was for the sole purpose of protecting her. His dedication to his students is unbelievable. Seriously, a total bamf.
Linksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 05:07   Link #1171
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

When you see the issues the 3 kids (Rin, Mimi and Kuro) have, you wonder, "Lord, have today's kids escaped physical labour of yesteryears, only to have mental problems in our time?"

Still, bear with it for a few more years, Aoki. The Kinomotos did end up well.

Edit: The later chapters have taken me out of despair. Looks like their journeys would be filled with friendship and adventure.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-28 at 08:04.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:03   Link #1172
WaffleZ
Hylian Blademaster

Okay, so...

I'm new around here. Yeah, hi. Normally I don't watch anime nor do I read manga, but SOMEONE had to start talking about it on the smash forums, and SOMEONE had to get me hooked on this anime, along with 70% of the Link smashers. -_-

Anyways, I love the progression between the whole Aoki/Rin dynamic. Aoki started off so shy, but the way he reacts to Rin throughout the series changed in such a pleasing way, although it's good to see he's still taken aback whenever Rin starts getting kinky with him.

Spoiler for Aoki and Rin:
WaffleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:58   Link #1173
KirinBlaze

Send a message via AIM to KirinBlaze Send a message via MSN to KirinBlaze
So the same guy who introduced Waffz to this anime/manga introduced me. xD

I've really fallen in love with this story. I'm a sucker for awesome love stories like the one between Aoki and Rin. The fact Aoki has become a more assertive teacher and is no longer afraid of his feelings for Rin is just epic. As I began reading the end of the 4th grade term and beginning of the 5th grade term I was sort of upset how Rin seemed to have forgotten about Aoki, I was upset when she deleted him from her phone D:, and was really glad to see how she reacted to Aoki commenting on how the other boys made a better match for her. That made my day.
KirinBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 22:02   Link #1174
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The girls' fifth grade has just began. I'm glad that folks continued reading the series despite the relatively weak "first year" arc. The plot really picks up in the 4th grade. The 3rd grade arc really gave me the chills, given the few chapters I read on it.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:13   Link #1175
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I'm surprised that Aoki lasted this long with Rin around. You have a kid who's wise beyond her years at some levels, and yet in other ways, she acts her age. Combine that with a creepy guy relative (cousin? Uncle?) of hers, and I wonder how any teacher can handle Rin without a nervous breakdown.

Spoiler for Aoki:
i also got a smile when that happened. the thing is that she is very young and many things can happen.
Aoki could get married before she comes of age.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:18   Link #1176
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, seeing as how he has no life outside the school, and is rather blind to the two teachers who are interested in him, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I do hope that Rin doesn't grow up to look like her mother. Aki-san gives Houin-sensei a run for her money in the "tracts of land" department.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:29   Link #1177
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, seeing as how he has no life outside the school, and is rather blind to the two teachers who are interested in him, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I do hope that Rin doesn't grow up to look like her mother. Aki-san gives Houin-sensei a run for her money in the "tracts of land" department.
well, i don't think shiro is really after him and Houin-sensei has put her advances for Aoki on hold till she can get rid of her spare tire. the mangaka gave her the weight problem so it would make sense why she has toned down her attacks.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:34   Link #1178
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

On Houin-sensei, she's one of those rare Miss Fanservice that has a flaw on her body. She is fat, although it can still be hidden by her clothes. Hey, at least the chins are not popping up... yet.
Old 2009-06-01, 17:55   Link #1179
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, i don't think shiro is really after him and Houin-sensei has put her advances for Aoki on hold till she can get rid of her spare tire. the mangaka gave her the weight problem so it would make sense why she has toned down her attacks.
Shiro is not after him but she always has thoughts about Aoki.
You can't deny his influence in her late changes, yeah, Kuro also, but Shiro isnt indifferent to Aoki.

I don't know what the mangaka will do with this history, but one think is sure, at some point one of the teachers will take the initiative, Aoki will not.
Old 2009-06-01, 19:20   Link #1180
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Shiro probably wants to put her life in order first, before thinking about love. Her previous growth is becoming aware of feelings, and using them to help herself instead of rejecting them.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen