AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-15, 08:39   Link #1021
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

After 15,513 cycles, I can say that we're approaching Rika Furude levels of irritated.

The bigger issue here is that I don't believe they WANT to break the loop. The cycle is two weeks, and they draw their conclusions only two days into the loop. They have 12 days to fix this, and THEY DO NOTHING:

1. Yuki wishes to only observe.
2. Mikuru would LIKE to communicate with the future, but otherwise doesn't mind.
3. Koizumi doesn't feel like taking matters into his own hands.
4. Kyon doesn't know how to fix the problem, so he never attempts to fix the problem.

Of course, the main reason why the loop is never broken is because their is no incentive to break the loop. The entire cycle has been a train of pleasurable activities, and since no one with memory dislikes the events within the cycle, there is no reason to break the cycle. What's troubling is that Kyon becomes trapped by this mentality: if there is no consequence, there is no point.

Unless this becomes an issue of the single time frame breaking down (i.e. copy of a copy of a copy), I see no practical reason for them to break the loop.

On a side note, Kyoani has some great ways to snapping you to attention in this episode, such as Kyon calling out to Yuki and Kyon trying to call out to Haruhi. I find this episode's variation of these two events to be the best looking version yet.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:01   Link #1022
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:

And okay sure these episodes still are animated well and feature new footage each time, but from a character progression standpoint it's a miserable failure. It's wasteful
Well yeah, that's what I mentioned in my previous post.

Anyway around the second iteration I also thought why aren't they showing the rest of the summer events? Why aren't they showing how this events reflects on the characters differently iteration after iteration? Why are the only things changing the eerie music when Kyon thinks of Yuki, when Kyon has his dejavu high moments and when Haruhi goes off? Insert here a reference about my previous post about setting the environment, and combine it with this:

If we ge something new, we wouldn't be complaining as much as we are complaining right now, and much of the point would be lost. The same, and the same, and the same, and the same is being shown again and again to emphasize the feeling of despair in the viewer and the overall mood of this arc, which would be otherwise be diminished if we could say "oh, but this time around we got to see the fishing event so all is ok". Again, it falls flat for most people but for me I almost want to stand up and clap like crazy. Then again I have odd tastes, so I understand I'm not a good reference point.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-07-15 at 09:20.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:25   Link #1023
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
for the greater good of all humankind
I'm pretty sure it's still a TV show.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:31   Link #1024
Arrnea
Stormbringer

http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/14...time-soon/2961

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Old 2009-07-15, 09:35   Link #1025
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
(Who is relatively unconcerned about ever fixing the loop in the first place and thus already makes it impossible to feel like she does unless you want to just observe Haruhi and Kyon over and over and over again).
Geez, ever heard of the concepts of Id, ego and superego? Or the do, and the must do, so that people don't get enraged because of me using Freud as an authoritative figure We all know that Yuki 'must' observe Haruhi as per her directives from her boss with the large name. However, whether that's what she actually wants to do or not is another matter altogether. I *think* this arc is a good study into that, you don't really have to have a 1st person perspective in order to have empathy.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:37   Link #1026
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Let's hope Hirano Aya was paid to say that....but even i'm not sure anymore
Old 2009-07-15, 09:42   Link #1027
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Ok, this article is three sentences.

Just because they just finished E8, doesn't mean there are not episodes that were produced from the past three years.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:46   Link #1028
typhonsentra

We dealt with this a few pages back, 4 weeks is a high estimate. It could end next week and I actually expect it too, 6 episodes is the longest they'd expand this story as they still have to get through Sighs and only 9 more new episodes left this season.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:47   Link #1029
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
We dealt with this a few pages back, 4 weeks is a high estimate. It could end next week and I actually expect it too, 6 episodes is the longest they'd expand this story as they still have to get through Sighs.
I thought so, I had a feeling of deja vu.

Wait a minute, OH SHI-
Old 2009-07-15, 09:58   Link #1030
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
See it for the bright side. That means the endless eight with end someday.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:02   Link #1031
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
is this refuge in audacity
or is this going beyond that, into complete dickery

i do have to admit though
if they only repeated the ep twice
it would have just felt like a waste and nothing more

this way, its the most talked about anime once again
too bad its for the wrong reasons
Old 2009-07-15, 10:14   Link #1032
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
After 15,513 cycles, I can say that we're approaching Rika Furude levels of irritated.

The bigger issue here is that I don't believe they WANT to break the loop. The cycle is two weeks, and they draw their conclusions only two days into the loop. They have 12 days to fix this, and THEY DO NOTHING:

1. Yuki wishes to only observe.
2. Mikuru would LIKE to communicate with the future, but otherwise doesn't mind.
3. Koizumi doesn't feel like taking matters into his own hands.
4. Kyon doesn't know how to fix the problem, so he never attempts to fix the problem.
1. I think it's more a case of that Yuki can't interfere. She's allowed a certain degree of a autonomy (and if the past few episodes haven't convinced you that she's bored, then I don't know what will), but she's an alien-human interface, programmable and programmed, and she cannot interfere.

2. Mikuru's born in the future (or so she says), so if she can't contact the future because there isn't any future then what does that mean for Mikuru? At this point in (Mikuru's) time she's also kind of a weak character, so...

3. As always, Koizumi remains a mystery.

4. You're dead on, especially with the "What's troubling is that Kyon becomes trapped by this mentality: if there is no consequence, there is no point" thing.

I disagree with the 'train of pleasurable memories' thing, primarily in regards to Yuki.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:19   Link #1033
OkamiNoKaze

I think though that if Kyon asked Yuki, to tell him about the loop sooner, next time. she would do it.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:23   Link #1034
Jintor

That's true. So either in however many loops he's never asked Yuki to tell him (I sincerely doubt this), or Yuki explicitly chooses not to tell him. Or possibly she's told him, but it didn't help.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:05   Link #1035
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Quote:

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Hey, I posted it yesterday on page 49 —___—...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...04#post2514604
Old 2009-07-15, 11:06   Link #1036
DumbBrunette
She With Big Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Ok, this article is three sentences.

Just because they just finished E8, doesn't mean there are not episodes that were produced from the past three years.
And Voice Newtype is a magazine, right? So wouldn't that mean the interview could have been done a month ago, and thus isn't able to serve as a proper means for judging how long E8 will be?
Old 2009-07-15, 11:23   Link #1037
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbBrunette View Post
And Voice Newtype is a magazine, right? So wouldn't that mean the interview could have been done a month ago, and thus isn't able to serve as a proper means for judging how long E8 will be?
If that's true then, E8 will end tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:23   Link #1038
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
See it for the bright side. That means the endless eight with end someday.
While it must end someday, the fact that they have finished recording doesn't mean it will end in the next few weeks. They could mix the different recordings together to make what seem like new recordings. I don't think they'll actually do that, but they could.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:25   Link #1039
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
If that's true then, E8 will end tomorrow.
That's being a little idealistic, but in the realm of possibility.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:50   Link #1040
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Oh lol, I was actually trolling with that article. Yes, the interview could have been done a long time ago, an I suspect it does, as they also did a photshoot that includes minorin. Considering that Minorin was here (in Malaysia) for the last week performing a concert, the least they could have done that was 2 weeks ago. But then again, we shall have to wait and see.
Closed Thread