AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 22:07   Link #21
Mangaka-chan

Not overly impressed by the PV (the J-pop music was a little too "squeaky" for me), but the aerial dog fight scene has some nice animation. I'll wait a bit and see how things go before giving it a shot.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 08:35   Link #22
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2014-01-06 at 12:58.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 10:46   Link #23
Dop
Mmmm....

Not bad, but i think the main character's name spoils it.
I keep thinking "You don't need a 'plane to fly, you're Superman!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:58   Link #24
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh wow, a double childhood friend show from out of nowhere. First we have the daughter of the family he got adopted into, and that's fairly normal though I find the whole imouto/otouto thing kind of enderaring. But then you got the childhood friend turned into mortal enemy with Nina Viento, which IMO is far more interesting due to the mystery surrounding his hatred of her.

Not like it matters, since it looks like Claire would be blowing them out of the water, and especially reinforced by the ED. But is that a face of recognition we see when they first met? So the third potential childhood friend, or am I just trying too hard to think of Claire as another one?

Animation is perplexing though. Kinda weird seeing Claire so flatchested in the OP, but we meet her with giant sized ones. Then the preview (assuming she's the girl whos back we are seeing) we see her flatchested again. Love the airplane fights though, so at least it has that going for it.

So far, it's the best show I've seen of this cour so far.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:24   Link #25
Kazu-kun

This was as generic as I thought. And they were pushing the moe a little too much with Claire hiding behind a tree and her whole shy act. It didn't feel endearing. It felt artificial and manipulative.

Also Kal-el?

Dropped!
Old 2014-01-06, 12:38   Link #26
Utsuro no Hako

Hard to believe this is from the same author and studio as Remembrances of a Certain Pilot. I know we can't expect the animation to be at the same level as a theatrical film, but this was too big a step down, and the story so far ... well, there isn't one. Lots of character introductions with little development, lots of vague exposition, but no real hook. I'll give it a three episode trial in the hope that it improves, but things aren't looking good.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:50   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I love the setting. Airships, airplanes, floating islands. Good stuff. I'll keep watching for that alone. There is not much else to watch it for for now anyway. The characters were barely introduced and we only have a very vague idea of what the story is about.

What's this show's relationship to The princess and the pilot? I know they were written by the same author. Do they take place in the same world or are they completely unrelated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Oh wow, a double childhood friend show from out of nowhere. First we have the daughter of the family he got adopted into, and that's fairly normal though I find the whole imouto/otouto thing kind of enderaring. But then you got the childhood friend turned into mortal enemy with Nina Viento, which IMO is far more interesting due to the mystery surrounding his hatred of her.

Not like it matters, since it looks like Claire would be blowing them out of the water, and especially reinforced by the ED. But is that a face of recognition we see when they first met? So the third potential childhood friend, or am I just trying too hard to think of Claire as another one?
I couldn't concentrate much because of my giant headache so I might have missed something. Where do you get that Nina and Kal-el (lol) are childhood friends? Obviously, he knows her since he hates her guts, but I didn't get the impression they were ever friendly.

Regarding Claire...

Spoiler for potential spoiler:
Old 2014-01-06, 13:08   Link #28
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do they take place in the same world or are they completely unrelated?
This.

Quote:
Regarding Claire...

Spoiler for potential spoiler:
Actually, that's stated in the series' website. lol
Old 2014-01-06, 13:59   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The episode was okay. I liked the look of things, and the set-up could work. It was a bit hard for me to grasp what's really going on. And the MC's screaming was a real turn-off.

But Yuuki Aoi was totally outstanding. I've never really enjoyed her Madoka voice, so it's great to hear something (two somethings) rather different from her. The riveting performance as Claire is what I love about her work. She doesn't hold back, and she has a great instrument to work with. When she really does her thing, she dominates the screen. Left me breathless.

I got the impression that Claire might have thanked him for embracing her because she doesn't normally get any human contact. Perhaps her status is too high for people to touch her. Or else she was just being ditzy.

The OP by Petit Milady (Yuuki Aoi and Taketatsu Ayana) was good. And the ED by Akai Kouen ("Red Park") was better.

I'll just mention again that I made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the characters and their seiyuuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. There are a couple of temporary gaps there. Check sig below for other shows with character/seiyuu pages.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2014-01-06 at 14:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 14:22   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Geez that scene with Claire. I mean how sugary can you get?

That a nice première. The setting is what predictably drew me in but there were enough hints from the characters to make them interesting too and the chemistry is very nice between them, despite the high calorie intake.

I was a bit worried at the beginning though. Having the main character shout a whole slew of cliché lines in the opening scene was one real turn off. It's a good thing the episode turned itself back round.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 14:26   Link #31
ookamigirl

Well, the summary was better than what I saw in the anime.
Actually, I'm rather disappointed.
This was on my possible watch list, but now... I don't think so.
There is absolutely nothing appealing for me in it.
Dropped it like a hot potato.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 15:00   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this episode had a lot going on there. Almost had a near suicide attack on probable religious figure, a pretty comical imouto/otouto argument, and then that crazy stuff with Claire. I mean damn we went from scared/shy to the extreme, to a Titanic like "I can fly" scene, to playing in the water, etc. It's like they said "well we need to get this relationship going so let's just throw a bunch of stuff in one encounter."

I certainly want to keep going. Some strange stuff in there, but could still turn out to be good. A flying series is nice so I'll give them some time to stabilize.
Old 2014-01-06, 15:29   Link #33
Theo

That OP is not promising.

Watch Dumb Kids Do Mundane Things Like Drinking Tea and Talk About Nothing (and Maybe Some Piloting)
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 15:36   Link #34
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm. I found myself really enjoying quite a few things in ep 1, but every once in a while something would come up that seemed "off", perhaps words like rushed or jagged or skittery might hint at it....

Hmm. Maybe the use of minor keys and the odd melody in the ED might be another hint or reference point.

Kinds like a ominous feeling of oncoming sadness and tragedy between Kal and Claire or... hmm... it is hard to put my finger on at the moment.

Definitely the most interesting of the first eps I have seen so far, but I kinda feel it will be a rocky ride....
Old 2014-01-06, 18:26   Link #35
Blaat

So the main character is named after Superman AND Dumbledore? I suppose it's better than Albus Severus.

Honestly though the setting is nice and all but the characters are bland and boring. I'll give it a few more episode to get me interested.
Old 2014-01-06, 18:28   Link #36
Kirarakim

Wow I was thinking of watching this but you guys aren't making me very enthused.

I know I should just form my own opinion but I have enough things to watch so unless I start hearing this show is fantastic think I will skip this one.
Old 2014-01-06, 18:34   Link #37
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Wow I was thinking of watching this but you guys aren't making me very enthused.

I know I should just form my own opinion but I have enough things to watch so unless I start hearing this show is fantastic think I will skip this one.
Give it a try. It may be exactly your cup of tea. If not, then "22 minutes lost" or whatever. But it could blow you away and be an unexpected little gem. I think 22 minutes is a worthwhile investment to possibly discover something you may really like.
Old 2014-01-06, 18:37   Link #38
HandofFate

hm, the last 5minutes was pretty embarrassing to watch. "ah...youth...."
That being said, it seems like a series I rather read from a book than watch.
Old 2014-01-06, 19:01   Link #39
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Not bad, but i think the main character's name spoils it.
I keep thinking "You don't need a 'plane to fly, you're Superman!"
As I thought - I wasn't imaginating them having the same name.
First thing I thought when hearing the entire name was 'kal-El? Is he superman or what?'

And the last sentence of the the anime (shortly before the intro) kinda spoils how it will end

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 20:03   Link #40
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

Time to be enthusiastic, I rather liked it! I thought the first episode was well-paced, introduced a good chunk of the main cast rather naturally and showed the viewer a few of the conflicts (although the main one, judging from the summary, hasn't popped up yet), established the setting, and I rather liked the background music as well. I'm worried that they're apparently condensing so many volumes into a single season (I think? Anyone got an episode count yet?) but I'm not going to worry about that yet!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, pilot, romance