AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-14, 18:16   Link #981
OkamiNoKaze

So it seems they are only showing loops that have the possibility of being solved, meaning all the events that and activities that happen are the same that would happen on the loop that gets solved. It's still odd, that with that sense of Deja-vu building, that there would then be 12 loops where it's not detected. It seems Yuki's statistics on the differences didn't change between the 15,499th time and the 15,513th time.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:21   Link #982
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The statistics are not in conflict, and my own posts in
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=768 and
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=773 pretty much supports that.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-07-14, 18:38   Link #983
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

this was another "painful" ep to wait and watch....but on the bright side; Kyon has found the hint...
Old 2009-07-14, 18:43   Link #984
Jacksparowv
Asakura Hao Fan

I could forgive them for making this ridiculous loops if at least they where funny, or a bit different, like they should appear making the other part time jobs, or that nagato finds a gigant tarantula when they are hunting bugs, or mabe mikuru accidentally drops her bikini in the pool...
Old 2009-07-14, 19:23   Link #985
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
After much diligent research I have discovered just why episode 5 was just like episode 4 and episode 3 and episode 2...

Spoiler for Powerpoint presentation:
wonder why in only one episode they did justice to Mikuru's chest.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:34   Link #986
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

It's the only episode I really really liked.
Had this ENDLESS RECURSION OF TIME not happened, I would have said "Anime Endless Eight is far better, hands down."

Look at it, even the animation is far superior compared to the other three shots. Not to mention it has the best yukatas, though you may argue between this one and the 4th.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:36   Link #987
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

ART. Not animation. ART.

Animation is how things MOVE. It's not how things LOOK.

And "better art" is subjective anyway.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:44   Link #988
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Well what do you call the sleazy drawn something then? "Bad art"?

Just compare them. In the 4th one Mikuru's forehead is showing too much and Yuki's hair is very simplistic. In the first one, something's wrong with Haruhi. I think it's the left eye.
Nothing really wrong with the 3rd one, but it's still average.

The 2nd just looks so much better. The hair is more detailed, the shadows are better, the faces are really perfect. Not to mention they bothered considering the boobs.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:52   Link #989
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Though this is getting the crap beat out of in the votes ... I actually enjoyed this version the most... the realization in the park with Nagato of the time loop actually got hackles on my neck raised.
It's funny you should say that, because, while I did enjoy this episode quite a bit, I thought the park scene overall was not as effective as in the past two iterations. It may have something to do with the stark lighting they used in the first two realization loops that made the scene feel more eerie and isolated, the way one feels in a park in the dead of night. It may be a difference in music -- I honestly don't remember at the moment what music or background sound effects were used in the three park scenes.

I did love a few of the touches in the park scene this time, though. The way Yuki paused before answering Kyon was perfect. That tiny little difference lent a lot of depth to her character and to the situation. The rapid-fire reaction shots while she said the number of loops were a great touch as well. And the shot of the little lizard... It was such a random thing, but it added to the atmosphere. And it was cute.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:54   Link #990
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Well what do you call the sleazy drawn something then? "Bad art"?

Just compare them. In the 4th one Mikuru's forehead is showing too much and Yuki's hair is very simplistic. In the first one, something's wrong with Haruhi. I think it's the left eye.
Nothing really wrong with the 3rd one, but it's still average.

The 2nd just looks so much better. The hair is more detailed, the shadows are better, the faces are really perfect. Not to mention they bothered considering the boobs.
Is it fun to watch anime freeze-framed?

It doesn't look that bad if you don't only look at screenshots. It looks fine in motion.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:05   Link #991
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Is it fun to watch anime freeze-framed?

It doesn't look that bad if you don't only look at screenshots. It looks fine in motion.
Not really, failing art is quite noticeable even when animated. That's my main problem with GONZO and as of recently KyoAni ... I get the feeling that all those employees that lost their job due to GONZO's restructuring flooded KyoAni's ranks
Old 2009-07-14, 20:06   Link #992
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Um, what? Even if the art quality has gone down in your opinion, it's still far superior to that produced by many studios. (Like, say, Shaft.)

Why not just watch the show instead of bitching about how the art looks? >_>
Old 2009-07-14, 20:10   Link #993
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Um, what? Even if the art quality has gone down in your opinion, it's still far superior to that produced by many studios. (Like, say, Shaft.)

Why not just watch the show instead of bitching about how the art looks? >_>
Because watching encompasses how the art looks and while the first E8 gave me hopes, the next three were such a let down, with the last being just painful.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:15   Link #994
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Because watching encompasses how the art looks and while the first E8 gave me hopes, the next three were such a let down, with the last being just painful.
I never notice the art differences. But that's just me.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:15   Link #995
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Those shots are stillstanding for at least some seconds anyway. And it's not like that's the only scene. The overall quality is just bad bad bad.
Here's another shot I took while skipping through the episode. Mikurus hands and face. No background. Waaah.
It's so simplistic.. Also when faces are in further in the background, for example, the eyes are just dots.

Maybe it's the animation team of Higurashi!

Honestly, all the recent anime I watched has so much better animation than this. I'm not used to this.

And for god's sake, no K-On! style. Please don't. That's like punishment. Don't give me retard moe poses, beaverteeth, weird hair animation and... such.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:45   Link #996
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...The "eyes as dots from a distance" thing has been used since the first season.

It's nothing new.

Honestly I think you're just looking for things to complain about at this point. (Also Higurashi was way worse. And if you're looking for poor art this season look at Umineko.)
Old 2009-07-14, 21:22   Link #997
typhonsentra

Hard to believe this is already the most discussed episode of the entire series, and is just about to surpass episode 14 of last season as the most viewed in less than a week! Voting is the only area where it trails that episode now (By about 40 votes currently) but it should catch it soon. Madness, I can't believe you people were able to hold off on the meltdowns until this episode. We know Thursdays episode won't be the end so we'll probably maintain some semblance of sanity this time but I'm still hoping beyond hope that they mix things up for once and give us something to watch... please?
Old 2009-07-14, 22:59   Link #998
Likely

how about a little einstein. deja vu for us is still pretty unclear, but for endless eight, it is due to their time loop. so if this is possible then it must be that their minds are retaining something from each iteration of their experiences. if their bodies arent aging, some parts of their minds must be. and if anything is aging, they must eventually die from natural causes right? 2 weeks * 15,000 = roughly 575 years.
Old 2009-07-14, 23:03   Link #999
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

your math is a little off likely~! The running joke is that Nagato is 597 years old for some time, making her one of the oldest Saimoe contestant ever.

@likely: 15,498 cycles x 14 days in a cycle / 365.25 days in a year == 594.036961 years spent. At 15,513 cycles, it's 594.61191 years. You made Nagato look some 19-20 years younger there.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-07-14 at 23:16.
Old 2009-07-14, 23:09   Link #1000
Likely

whats wrong with my math?
Closed Thread