AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite Higurashi character Pt. 2
Maebara Keiichi 73 17.18%
Ryuguu Rena 157 36.94%
Sonozaki Mion 66 15.53%
Houjou Satoko 15 3.53%
Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 00:37   Link #241
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Though let's be fair here. Rika not withstanding, Satoko is by far the most tragic figure in season 1. It's very VERY hard imagining most other characters turning out the way she did after losing basically everyone in her life apart from Rika.
Old 2009-03-25, 09:00   Link #242
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxangelchanxx View Post
Rena has my vote.Strange not many people seem too like satako.
In the finaly Japanese popularity contests she was the least popular club member, coming 5th. Personally I find her personality rather bratty and annoying.
Old 2009-03-25, 15:39   Link #243
Renan

Rena sucks. I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but I hate her with a burning passion. She's only relevant in two arcs and even though those 2 are my favorites it doesn't change the fact that K1 > Rika > Akasaka > Mion >=< Shion >>>> Satako >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rena
Old 2009-03-25, 16:56   Link #244
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
Rena sucks. I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but I hate her with a burning passion. She's only relevant in two arcs and even though those 2 are my favorites it doesn't change the fact that K1 > Rika > Akasaka > Mion >=< Shion >>>> Satako >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rena
Why ya gotta be such a hater?

Akasaka is relevant in EXACTLY 1 arc, while being useful in 2 whole episodes of season 2.

Besides, you forget that Rena was the one who figured out it was Mion/Shion behind the rampage for Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen. Before you make Rena sound useless, put everything into perspective.
Old 2009-03-25, 17:02   Link #245
Renan

AKASAKA IS THE MAN. FACT. The only reason I even put Akasaka up there is because I'm his NUMBER ONE FAN.

It doesn't matter if Rena figured out the RAMPAGER was Shmion in Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen, she still fails life to no end. I don't like her. He name should be changed to Naer so I can never see the resemblance in our names.
Old 2009-03-25, 17:07   Link #246
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

I voted for Shion.

Spoiler for Meakashi-hen:

And her chat with Kasai and Rena in Tsumihoroboshi-hen was hilarious.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:08   Link #247
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think that is the first time I've seen someone that liked this series actually hate Rena. Strange world.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-03-25 at 19:37.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:30   Link #248
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Quote:
Just because you dont like her does not mean she sucks.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:35   Link #249
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Your opinion isn't absolute truth, stop stating it as if Rena really is a bad character. If you don't like her then say it, but don't go as far as to offend her fans by saying she sucks... that's just rude.

Old 2009-03-25, 19:46   Link #250
Renan

I'm not offending the fans, I'm offending the character. I'm totally cool with people who like Rena. I think she sucks. No need to get upset, normally I would say it's just an anime character, but I did make a big deal about her so it wouldn't feel right. :P
Old 2009-03-25, 19:59   Link #251
Desiree Disaster
Keiichi Fangirl ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I think that is the first time I've seen someone that liked this series actually hate Rena. Strange world.
I agree with Renan.

I don't hate Rena with a burning passion, but I do find her character quite annoying. So don't feel alone, Renan.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:16   Link #252
Renan

Renan is never alone. Renan is forever. Renan is legion. Renan is Anonymous...Sorry, but I've always wanted to say something like that. :P

You remind me of someone, what other forums do you visit?
Old 2009-03-25, 20:17   Link #253
Rayneing
Trombe!

While I myself don't hate Rena, I do find her among the least interesting characters.

Also, Akasaka is indeed, the man.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:20   Link #254
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
I'm not offending the fans, I'm offending the character. I'm totally cool with people who like Rena. I think she sucks. No need to get upset, normally I would say it's just an anime character, but I did make a big deal about her so it wouldn't feel right. :P
Offending and insulting are two different things. Some of her fans would take offense to their favorite character being bashed. I'm not really one of them, I love Rena but she's not my absolute favorite. I'm just saying that saying things like that can hurt people's feelings. ^^;

Old 2009-03-25, 20:23   Link #255
Renan

I want to say "Internet = Serious Business" So bad, but I do take the web super serious sometimes. :/

Umm, I guess I'll be careful next time when insulting characters....So, why isn't Akasaka on the poll? He got a whole TWO episodes for himself and he is the man in both seasons 1 and 2. He's so boss...I wish I could be Akasaka.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:32   Link #256
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Probably because he only got two episodes for himself and didn't really do much (for the main story) other than provide a different point of view to get more clues. But I'm guessing it's more along the lines of him being an adult and not entirely part of the more major story until Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen.

Is he on the second season poll? O.o

Old 2009-03-25, 20:35   Link #257
Renan

I believe so. I would check, but I don't want to right now. Pokemon Platinum = Love
Old 2009-03-25, 23:39   Link #258
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
While I myself don't hate Rena, I do find her among the least interesting characters.

Also, Akasaka is indeed, the man.
You can spout this all you like after Kai, but not in season 1, where he had TWO episodes of doing all but nothing (except getting shot, dooming his wife, and dooming Rika).
Old 2009-03-26, 13:24   Link #259
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
You can spout this all you like after Kai, but not in season 1, where he had TWO episodes of doing all but nothing (except getting shot, dooming his wife, and dooming Rika).
Which equals instant badass. I mean look at him. His manly presence killed Rika AND his wife. You don't see that everyday do you?
Old 2009-03-26, 13:55   Link #260
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Which equals instant badass. I mean look at him. His manly presence killed Rika AND his wife. You don't see that everyday do you?
Or lack thereof....

He was all but worthless in season 1. Want to praise him? Spam the Kai thread, not this one.