AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-29, 22:42   Link #681
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yeah... Academy City having a gang of murderous mercenaries is kinda creepy...
Old 2010-01-29, 23:07   Link #682
tsunade666

well its a DARK CITY to begin with. With its human experimentation.
Old 2010-01-30, 01:02   Link #683
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Haha,
There's no language like that!

Mikoto fell for so many of Frenda's tricks.
She's still very inexperienced in combat. Most of her battles so far (including the Level Upper monster) were won using her sheer overwhelming force as a Level 5. She has some level of short-term survival instinct, but it looks like she still can't deal with more passive tricks. That's something I really want to see her get better with.
Old 2010-01-30, 01:34   Link #684
tsunade666

She's most battle are against low level even against frenda. Frenda is taken back by sheer difference of power level. Besides the only anomaly that mikoto couldn't even deal with is touma.
But with current time line. Touma should had only start having a big change of his world. As for biribiri the words that she can't help to accept is being born to be killed really ticks her OFF.
Old 2010-01-30, 04:16   Link #685
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
but it looks like she still can't deal with more passive tricks. That's something I really want to see her get better with.
Mikoto is something of a gullible person. I won't comment on her being deceived as a child; it's called "taking advantage of children" for a reason. But, while one of Touma's great strengths is his ability to bluff, honestly, his bluffs against Mikoto were sub par. But she always bought them anyway.

She's simply too trusting.

Anyway, for this month's chapter -

Spoiler for railgun ch 28:
Old 2010-01-30, 10:36   Link #686
tsunade666

still where do you read the raw? or do you have one?
Old 2010-01-31, 01:31   Link #687
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Mikoto is something of a gullible person. I won't comment on her being deceived as a child; it's called "taking advantage of children" for a reason. But, while one of Touma's great strengths is his ability to bluff, honestly, his bluffs against Mikoto were sub par. But she always bought them anyway.

She's simply too trusting.
Not sure what you mean about Touma's bluffs.

I won't deny for an instant that Mikoto is more trusting than is probably good for her. It goes along with the massive superiority she has over just about everyone else, so that she never really had to learn caution.

But offhand the only time I can think of where she faced off with him for keeps was during the Sisters arc when she tried to turn him into Extra Crispy Hero. It seems to me that being willingly fried like that when he could have blocked almost anything Mikoto could throw at him, and then tossing it in her face that she can't bring herself to do more, is a pretty epic level of bluff.
Old 2010-01-31, 01:54   Link #688
Marina2

Found more pic of ch.28 ....
http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-289.html

Spoiler for ch.28:
Old 2010-01-31, 02:16   Link #689
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post

I won't deny for an instant that Mikoto is more trusting than is probably good for her. It goes along with the massive superiority she has over just about everyone else, so that she never really had to learn caution.

But offhand the only time I can think of where she faced off with him for keeps was during the Sisters arc when she tried to turn him into Extra Crispy Hero. It seems to me that being willingly fried like that when he could have blocked almost anything Mikoto could throw at him, and then tossing it in her face that she can't bring herself to do more, is a pretty epic level of bluff.
Somewhere in an earlier chapter (between Level Upper and spoon bomber), Mikoto tracks Touma down and complains about his lack of seriousness to their "rivalry."

Touma then agrees to fight at full power and proceeds to look extremely scary, causing her to freeze in fear of whatever abilities he may use against her now that he is actually being serious. She thought he would be able to seal off her abilities if he felt like it, when in reality he has nothing more than the Imagine Breaker on his side.
Old 2010-01-31, 10:05   Link #690
Tabasco

Ok, that makes a little more sense.

Granted, she didn't know any better, but that's a bit of a stretch. I object to connecting the word nothing with Imagine Breaker, though. That ability is so unfair its almost funny.
Old 2010-01-31, 10:25   Link #691
Ashaman

That wasn't really a bluff though. She was just jumping to conclusions about his powers. It helps that she only knows about his power to negate abilities is through observation. She has no reason to think that he is limited only to that, seeing as in her mind he has done nothig but play with her prior to this.
Old 2010-01-31, 13:52   Link #692
aldw

Touma's bluffing during the cram school arc with Himegami does show he can bluff with the best of them as a case in point...
Old 2010-01-31, 19:58   Link #693
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
That wasn't really a bluff though. She was just jumping to conclusions about his powers. It helps that she only knows about his power to negate abilities is through observation. She has no reason to think that he is limited only to that, seeing as in her mind he has done nothig but play with her prior to this.
Well... the point of a bluff is to announce that you have something when you don't. It's an empty threat, exaggerating your own power. The opponent is not supposed to know the truth, and the less they know about you, the better.
Old 2010-02-01, 06:45   Link #694
tsunade666

Well he can bluff because he has the guts to pull if off.

Quote:

Well his not totally bluffing about she can't do more than that. Because mikoto is to nice to even kill people. Like what kuroko not killing. But the fact is the enemy is a mass murderer and fighting him is just suicide as for mikoto wanting to kill herself or blaming herself for the deaths of thousands. With her current status their she can't really do much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Touma's bluffing during the cram school arc with Himegami does show he can bluff with the best of them as a case in point...
And that is one awesome bluff. Aurrelous almost wet himself and can't use ars magna anymore.

Quote:
Ok, that makes a little more sense.

Granted, she didn't know any better, but that's a bit of a stretch. I object to connecting the word nothing with Imagine Breaker, though. That ability is so unfair its almost funny.
What imagine breaker being an ability that's unfair? consider about touma. Without it he should be dead already fighting against styl magnus one of the strong class mages. Considering all the battles he had been through he should had been already dead without it.
Old 2010-02-01, 19:50   Link #695
BlueDo

Chapter 28 is being scanlated as we speak.

Wow, Misaka is really being cornered.
Old 2010-02-01, 22:39   Link #696
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Well he can bluff because he has the guts to pull if off.
No joke. I refuse to doubt the abilities of anyone who can pull off the routine Touma did after having his arm sliced off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What imagine breaker being an ability that's unfair? consider about touma. Without it he should be dead already fighting against styl magnus one of the strong class mages. Considering all the battles he had been through he should had been already dead without it.
No question, that ability has been his trump card and his savior more times than anything.

I wouldn't say its unfair in a game breaker sense. If Mikoto's power is like a Swiss army knife in that it can do just about anything she needs it to, Touma's is like a hammer. A really, really big hammer. But still, all its good for is driving nails.
Old 2010-02-02, 03:49   Link #697
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Would I be right in saying if BiriBiri had actually rested properly and was in good condition going into these fights it would probably have turned out alot differently?

seems to me, lack of rest is holding her back.

gotta wonder how Touma's IB would hold up against Mugino.
Old 2010-02-02, 05:29   Link #698
shitashii

http://www.mediafire.com/?4hmzmdrjiti chapter 28 anyone?
Old 2010-02-02, 06:48   Link #699
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Spoiler for ch 28:
Old 2010-02-02, 07:09   Link #700
Sol Falling

Well, as for Mikoto 'defeating' them, I wonder if that is actually necessary. Her goal here should be to destroy the facility, and with her opponents not even bothering to try to chase her themselves and instead just blasting huge holes through everything, it seems to me like Mikoto could very easily take advantage of this by moving around in such a way as to make them destroy the facility for her. Furthermore, as her opponent's method of attack seems to be solely straight beams radiating from a fixed position, I don't see how they could possibly trap her. This 'aim-tracker' ability user claims to be able to locate her targets anywhere in the world, but I'm wondering--if Mikoto managed to make it out of the facility, would they even bother to follow her? After all, it's just a job, not a vendetta. As the current situation stands, Misaka seems to me to be anything but trapped; in fact, she seem's to currently possess quite a degree of freedom
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen