AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 11:06   Link #27721
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Blood That Flows - A's Part 1
I just remembered, there's one other I wanted to ask. How did Lina and Shiro come by the Takamachi name in this AU? Originally, Shiro took his wife's family name. But that doesn't apply here.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 11:09   Link #27722
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I just remembered, there's one other I wanted to ask. How did Lina and Shiro come by the Takamachi name in this AU? Originally, Shiro took his wife's family name. But that doesn't apply here.
Ah...

Gee, I'm not sure.

Never really put thought into it. I thought that they had a different name, but changed it to Takamachi to avoid their enemies originally.

*Grumbles to self* What I get for not watching the OVA that Nanoha's based off of.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 11:12   Link #27723
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Just to be funny...

I'm not that funny.

So, here's a little something I thought up last night at work.

Spoiler for Just Sit Right Back...:

What?
source?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 11:20   Link #27724
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
source?
Gilligan's Island!

Old 2010-11-04, 11:38   Link #27725
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

I cannot STOP MYSELF!!

Part 2 of A's!

Season 1

A's Part 1

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - A's Part 2:

Oh, and Blood That Flows is part of the Dragon Slave incantation, don't forget that.

Old 2010-11-04, 12:04   Link #27726
Jimmy C

Quote:
Never really put thought into it. I thought that they had a different name, but changed it to Takamachi to avoid their enemies originally.
That's certainly Shiro's reason for changing his family name. Getting a second wife (Momoko) just made it easier to decide what the new one would be.

Quote:
What I get for not watching the OVA that Nanoha's based off of.
Hmm, I had the impression you were familiar with the Takamachi family's background already? Including the real relationships between their children.

And what about why wasn't Lina caught in the Mage Prison when Vita cast it?
Old 2010-11-04, 12:07   Link #27727
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Hmm, I had the impression you were familiar with the Takamachi family's background already? Including the real relationships between their children.

And what about why wasn't Lina caught in the Mage Prison when Vita cast it?
I am familiar with it, including the real relationship. Kyouya's from Shiro's first marriage, Miyuki is his niece and Nanoha is Shiro's child from his second marriage.

I just don't have all the details so things like them taking Momoko's name slips by me at times.

As for why, um... Damn, no real reason, unless she was and she pulled Shiro with her and didn't think anything of the magic feeling and thought maybe Nanoha was doing something.

Sorry, that one's really a plot hole from me.

Old 2010-11-04, 12:11   Link #27728
Jimmy C

If she was pulled in, she'd have been observing the situation.
You may just have to leave this one as is.
Old 2010-11-04, 12:13   Link #27729
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Yeah, I probably will.

Old 2010-11-04, 12:31   Link #27730
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
*Grumbles to self* What I get for not watching the OVA that Nanoha's based off of.
Actually, it was based off a hentai game originally. The OVA is a sequel to that game.

The game's not in english so no one knows any info from that so I don't know if it's specifically said there that Shiro took Momoko's last name. Indeed I'm sure most assume that Shiro's last name was originally Takamachi since that's a well entrenched cultural norm. But considering how the martial arts school is called Mikami/Fuwa it's possible that is his real family name. Since his sister, who married into the branch family is Misato Mikami, I think it's safe to conclude Shiro's 'maiden' name is Shiro Fuwa and that Momoko was always Momoko Takamachi.
Old 2010-11-04, 13:52   Link #27731
Diamonds Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Actually, it was based off a hentai game originally. The OVA is a sequel to that game.

The game's not in english so no one knows any info from that so I don't know if it's specifically said there that Shiro took Momoko's last name. Indeed I'm sure most assume that Shiro's last name was originally Takamachi since that's a well entrenched cultural norm. But considering how the martial arts school is called Mikami/Fuwa it's possible that is his real family name. Since his sister, who married into the branch family is Misato Mikami, I think it's safe to conclude Shiro's 'maiden' name is Shiro Fuwa and that Momoko was always Momoko Takamachi.
From what I remember reading things play out like this.

Shiro:Fuwa
Kyouya:Fuwa
Miyuki:Fuwa by mother, Mikami by father, she is Nanoha's and Kyoya's cousin.
Nanoha:Mikami

Takamachi is a cover name.
Of course this was just stuff I found on the Nanoha WMG page, so some of it could be wrong
Diamonds Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 14:15   Link #27732
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds Dream View Post
From what I remember reading things play out like this.

Shiro:Fuwa
Kyouya:Fuwa
Miyuki:Fuwa by mother, Mikami by father, she is Nanoha's and Kyoya's cousin.
Nanoha:Mikami

Takamachi is a cover name.
Of course this was just stuff I found on the Nanoha WMG page, so some of it could be wrong
That seems pretty correct except for Nanoha being Mikami. How would that work? Momoko was a world class chef before marrying Shiro. She has no ties to his ninja family (which is all dead save for Shiro and Misato and their kids, btw).

So yeah, Momoko was always a Takamachi and Shiro took her name. Hm, this means that Shiro has two things in common with Gendo Ikari!
Old 2010-11-04, 14:21   Link #27733
Diamonds Dream

Quote:
That seems pretty correct except for Nanoha being Mikami. How would that work? Momoko was a world class chef before marrying Shiro. She has no ties to his ninja family (which is all dead save for Shiro and Misato and their kids, btw).

So yeah, Momoko was always a Takamachi and Shiro took her name. Hm, this means that Shiro has two things in common with Gendo Ikari!
Shiro is her father so technically she would be, even if it was never official. That and I'm spacey today.

EDIT: Yeah, Uhoh...
Old 2010-11-04, 14:30   Link #27734
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds Dream View Post
Shiro is her father so technically she would be, even if it was never official. That and I'm spacey today.

EDIT: Yeah, Uhoh...
Shiro is a Fuwa, remember? So yeah, Nanoha does have Fuwa blood in her, but not Mikami.
Old 2010-11-04, 14:33   Link #27735
Diamonds Dream

Quote:
Shiro is a Fuwa, remember? So yeah, Nanoha does have Fuwa blood in her, but not Mikami.
Ughh, see what I mean. Sorry for the mistake, I like I said, I am spacey today. I meant Fuwa. I just have trouble keeping facts straight. Next time I'll make triple sure it doesn't happen.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:53   Link #27736
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... Ladies and gentlemen, I believe things just got complicated. Damn.

EDIT: Also, my new official couple for all of anime is Chaos!Nanoha and Magia Erebea Negi.
I second this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Mmm.

Spoiler for Make some friends:
I liked that, it makes my mind wonder(always a bad sign) and think up as many situations where that would be useful as I possibly can.
Quote:
Just to be funny...

I'm not that funny.

So, here's a little something I thought up last night at work.

Spoiler for Just Sit Right Back...:

What?
I don't know, it was a little funny, and I have the Giligan's Island theme stuck in my head now.
Quote:
I cannot STOP MYSELF!!

Part 2 of A's!

Season 1

A's Part 1

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - A's Part 2:

Oh, and Blood That Flows is part of the Dragon Slave incantation, don't forget that.
DUN DUN DUUUN, were the first sounds I heard when I finished reading this, I'm also starting to get really worried about the Wolkenwriter, they seem like they're on the verge of death with no one to help them.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 16:03   Link #27737
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
What can I say? All the posts recently put me back in the mood!

Spoiler for 'Ready, Sette, Go!' Part 5:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Wendi's a sore loser, isn't she? Although I can understand some of her frustration based on how you had Sette describe that game...

To be honest, I can only repeat myself by now - you have a really good grasp of the characters, and their interactions are a joy to read, as is the oddball humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I loved this part:

Quote:
And, of course, the famous difficulty was only enhanced by this, despite what Wendi seemed to believe. This will become important later in the report. I have here used what is called 'foreshadowing', or the use of current events to imply future ones.
Real laughing out loud ensued once I had reached that part :D.
Agreed, I likewise found that line highly amusing.

Sette, dear? You need to learn not to explain the "joke".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
"This concerned me briefly, until I recalled that none of my current mission objectives required giving Wendi aid."

This line just made me want to murder Quattro for what she had done to the poor girl and her empathy. Or maybe dip her into a volcano as slow as possible, just as long as that witch suffer!
I seem to recall that Tre herself pointed it out -rather bluntly- in the first chapter that the whole thing was Quattro's fault. And yeah, it's really quite depressing when one realizes how much she screwed Sette's psyche up. Here's hoping the poor girl can scrape some of her devastated humanity back together.

Quote:
Okay, so I decided to close that poll I had going. Out of 124 votes, 80 want me gone, 42 (plus 3 from this thread) want me to stay, and 2 don't care. So this goes to show it's not just a vocal minority that hates me, but a clear majority (or atleast a minority that's bigger than the minority that want me to stay).

Basically all this means is that I know to focus on writing for atleast 45 people.

But because I'm a scientific sort, I am curious as to what lengths I would have to go to to make people think better of me. So I put up another poll on my profile asking what changes others want to see made. Obviously if the demands are too ridiculous, I won't go through with it, but if, say, people just want to see me write more NanoFate, I'd be willing to accomodate that.
Once again, I'm giving my vote here due to the lack of an account on the Pit.

Ultimately, I'd say what you write is up to you - it's supposed to be for your own enjoyment, too. If you cave in to the haters and write stuff you're not interested in, it's just going to feel like a chore. And at the very least the local community seems to enjoy your work already.

Mind you, I also support the idea of giving minor characters more love - if you ever get a plotbunny involving them, don't hesitate to put it to paper! (Or keyboard... screen... hard drive... whatever.)
Old 2010-11-04, 16:39   Link #27738
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNobleJr View Post
Ultimately, I'd say what you write is up to you - it's supposed to be for your own enjoyment, too. If you cave in to the haters and write stuff you're not interested in, it's just going to feel like a chore. And at the very least the local community seems to enjoy your work already.
Even though the enjoyment of others is always more important than my personal enjoyment, some people just don't deserve the consideration. The poll is mostly for data collection for the sake of answering the question "Okay, lots of people hate me. What sort of rings of fire do I need to jump through and what kind of miracles do I have to perform in order to make them stop hating me?"

Obviously if the only way to be forgiven is to ressurect the dead, then those people are being unreasonable and will be ignored. But if something simple like an apology is all it takes (which in this case it doesn't since I've apologised many times) then it wouldn't hurt to indulge in such a thing.
Old 2010-11-04, 18:06   Link #27739
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
Even though the enjoyment of others is always more important than my personal enjoyment, some people just don't deserve the consideration. The poll is mostly for data collection for the sake of answering the question "Okay, lots of people hate me. What sort of rings of fire do I need to jump through and what kind of miracles do I have to perform in order to make them stop hating me?"

Obviously if the only way to be forgiven is to ressurect the dead, then those people are being unreasonable and will be ignored. But if something simple like an apology is all it takes (which in this case it doesn't since I've apologised many times) then it wouldn't hurt to indulge in such a thing.
I'm not saying you shouldn't consider what others like at all, but don't force yourself to write something you don't like just to try and please the haters. To be honest, you've just said it yourself: anyone who hasn't already accepted multiple sincere apologies probably didn't deserve them in the first place.

Still, I understand if you're just curious about opinions. Even if the results are so far disheartening...
Old 2010-11-04, 18:07   Link #27740
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Here's A's part 3.

Season 1

A's Part 1

A's Part 2

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - A's Part 3:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha