AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 07:06   Link #8261
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Her death flag was triggered the moment Lucy refused the keys. If all the keys have to be gathered, then by Lucy refusing, it means Yukino will be sacrificed to the gate. Nice goin', Lucy!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 08:05   Link #8262
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
I think she will join Mermaid Heel.
That could also be a possibility due to her owing her life to Kagura. However I think she'd sooner join FT after what Natsu is doing for her (and most likely what they will do for her in the future since the Zeref fanboy is already aiming at her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Her death flag was triggered the moment Lucy refused the keys. If all the keys have to be gathered, then by Lucy refusing, it means Yukino will be sacrificed to the gate. Nice goin', Lucy!
Not necessarily, they could just as easily kidnap both and gather all the keys. They didn't say that all the keys have to be gathered and have the same owner...just that they have to be all in one place.
In my eyes, no death flag has been triggered yet, I simply stated it as one of the most probable outcomes for Yukino by following shounen logic. Even then it is the least probable, FT isn't know for killing off good people.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:23   Link #8263
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Not necessarily, they could just as easily kidnap both and gather all the keys. They didn't say that all the keys have to be gathered and have the same owner...just that they have to be all in one place.
In my eyes, no death flag has been triggered yet, I simply stated it as one of the most probable outcomes for Yukino by following shounen logic. Even then it is the least probable, FT isn't know for killing off good people.
This. People seem so convinced already that Yukino is going to die, when we don't really know much, not even how that gate works or what requires it specifically. We know it was mentioned the life of one girl and that there needs to be a celestial mage and the keys, but that all can go in many different directions.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:50   Link #8264
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Lucy is really loved by all spirits, to the point that they even appear on their own will and invited to their world... Highly doubt they will let some psycho kill her without doing anything.
As for Yukino she will most likely be close to Lucy so she will be alright...
Remember the rule about death in Fairy Tail: "As long as you are a good guy and your name isn't Simon, you won't die."
The only one we saw die is Simon, the rest were in flashbacks.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:24   Link #8265
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I think her death flag was triggered when she bet her life against a random stranger.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 16:33   Link #8266
immblueversion

I'm sure this was brought up already, but does anyone else get the feeling that Fairy Tail (or at least just Natsu) will suffer a major penalty for the little stunt Natsu's about to pull?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 18:20   Link #8267
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I'm sure this was brought up already, but does anyone else get the feeling that Fairy Tail (or at least just Natsu) will suffer a major penalty for the little stunt Natsu's about to pull?
we shall cross that bridge when we come to it, first let's wreck the place

...is what natsu would say if he even bothers to answer to something like that
Old 2012-05-16, 18:41   Link #8268
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Tournament Judge: Fairy Tail will be awarded a penalty for violent action against other participants!
Natsu: A penalty!? I'll kick your ass!!!
Old 2012-05-16, 19:06   Link #8269
Krono

Quote:
I've seen that suggested or assumed by a few people. While it is a possibility, I don't think it's too likely.

First, it'd run kind of contrary to Raven Tail attacking Wendy, and openly admitting to it on the field on day one, and to Bacchus picking a bar fight with Fairy Tail, and neither of those resulting in trouble for them or their guild.

Second, punishing Fairy Tail via the rules doesn't seem like something Gemma would be inclined to do. It'd kind of go against his whole "We Sabertooth! You Trash!" attitude to stoop to needing tournament officials to mete out retribution for an attack on his guild. Plus it'd be rather an embarrassment to his guild's reputation as the strongest if Natsu was penalized in the tournament for the attack, as that would result in word getting out that a member of the "weakest" guild in Fiore had attacked Sabertooth to challenge it's guild master.

Furthermore that he'd gone through Sabertooth's lower ranked members like a hot knife through butter, and depending on the outcome had to be stopped by (the guild master, one or more of the strongest five, called off by a member of his own guild, stopped by kingdom and/or tournament authorities) would likely become general knowledge. As would the reason for the attack, and as I've been saying, Yukino's treatment was neither typical of Sabertooth's punishments, nor something they advertise with. "One of our rookies couldn't beat the strongest member of another guild, so we had her strip naked in front of the guild as though we were just going to harshly punish her but not expel her for failure, then expelled her for failure anyways." is not something that would go over well with the general public.

Even if the humiliation aspects of it are ignored, people would question it from the standpoint that they expelled her for losing to the strongest of a decently ranked guild, but they immediately turn around and either are unable, or require their strongest to deal with a mid-level member of the lowest ranked guild.

All told getting Natsu or Fairy Tail officially punished for Natsu's actions has a lot of pitfalls for Sabertooth's reputation, and doesn't seem like it's in their personality to have it done.

Third, as long as it's kept quiet, it's not in the tournament official's interests. Guild rankings, and secret machinations that have apparently resulted in the depopulation of Stellar Spirit Mages aside, the goal of the tournament and it's officials is entertain people. That's why the battles are non-random. So removing someone the public will want to see fight will not go over well even if there is a good reason. They could dock Fairy Tail some points, but they'd probably be more inclined to set up a match between Natsu and Sabertooth's choice of member so they could have it out in the ring so to speak.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 19:47   Link #8270
sergel02

Fairy Tail volume #32 ranked at #3 this week, selling another 97,355 copies this week, bringing it's total to 394,669 copies sold.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:39   Link #8271
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Fairy Tail volume #32 ranked at #3 this week, selling another 97,355 copies this week, bringing it's total to 394,669 copies sold.
You're looking at old data. The sales for Fairy Tail volume 32 looks like this:

Week #1: 01. Fairy Tail #32 (297,314)
Week #2: 03. Fairy Tail #32 (97,355 / 394,669)
Week #3: 08. Fairy Tail #32 (59,271 / 453,940)
Week #4: 39. Fairy Tail #32 (20,049 / 473,989)
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 11:58   Link #8272
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
You're looking at old data. The sales for Fairy Tail volume 32 looks like this:

Week #1: 01. Fairy Tail #32 (297,314)
Week #2: 03. Fairy Tail #32 (97,355 / 394,669)
Week #3: 08. Fairy Tail #32 (59,271 / 453,940)
Week #4: 39. Fairy Tail #32 (20,049 / 473,989)
Alright i just checked oricon and you're right. The sales are nice tho.
Old 2012-05-18, 08:40   Link #8273
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Spoiler for spoiler:
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 09:05   Link #8274
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for 283:
Old 2012-05-18, 09:29   Link #8275
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for 283:
Old 2012-05-18, 10:42   Link #8276
KnightOfTwo

Quote:
-10 Points from Fairy Tail
10 points to Raven Cla....er, Tail
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:53   Link #8277
immblueversion

Spoiler for Chapter 283:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 12:15   Link #8278
Krono

Quote: