AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 22:45   Link #221
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I wonder when they will reveal the transformable mechs in the show. I'm curious if they're going for Macross type designs or something very different.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 22:48   Link #222
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If this is really gonna be something that would wow fans and non-fans of AKB0048, why is everything shrouded in secrecy?

Can't help but agree with Kaoishin Sama that this might be a flop (at worst a disaster that would destroy the image of Satelight to AKB fans everywhere) even before the first second of the first episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 22:50   Link #223
sa547
*Author

We'll see about that, but just remember when naysayers first talked about Titanic and later Avatar, they predicted a cinematic, costly disaster in the making but never knew what really hit them.

By the way, even if this is a non-scientific poll, nevertheless...
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/title/30729/

Sorry. We wait for the 29th and see if the Mayans were right about their prophecy.

@Marcus: one of the top members of the girl group is a Japinay, and Bluemist got the shock of his life when he discovered her.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-17 at 23:20.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 23:31   Link #224
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I really don't think this project is being more secretive than the norm.
When it comes to original animes not based on manga or LN producers generally give out little info.
Old 2012-04-18, 00:04   Link #225
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Some of us (people like me) not necessary expecting a disaster, but I do expecting sort of "comedy" like the time synopsis came out.
Old 2012-04-18, 01:47   Link #226
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
We'll see about that, but just remember when naysayers first talked about Titanic and later Avatar, they predicted a cinematic, costly disaster in the making but never knew what really hit them.

By the way, even if this is a non-scientific poll, nevertheless...
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/title/30729/

Sorry. We wait for the 29th and see if the Mayans were right about their prophecy.

@Marcus: one of the top members of the girl group is a Japinay, and Bluemist got the shock of his life when he discovered her.

That poll gave me hope....slightly..but yeah..
At least people are interested because of the AKB name that come with this. Now we jut need the production team to pull it together...
...I don't want to waste time on another troll like Majisuka Gakuen 2......

Spoiler:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-18 at 02:27.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 02:40   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality

As someone on GAF said... (maybe ducky?) all they have to do is throw in character singles with the volumes and look out records... you'll be getting one of the last records Acchan does with AKB and most people who buy it won't even care about the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
(Satelight and early production disasters almost seem to go hand in hand a lot of the time...Kissdum: Engage Planet anyone?)
If that's the case than you should easily be able to name a few more shows that were early production disasters... (like maybe Basquash) so go ahead an name them... I won't be holding my breath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Can't help but agree with Kaoishin Sama that this might be a flop (at worst a disaster that would destroy the image of Satelight to AKB fans everywhere) even before the first second of the first episode.
Lol... I'm sure that Kawamori and his crew are shivering @ the thought of all AKB fans putting studio satelight on a blacklist... I mean lets look @ studio satelights 2nd to 5th highest selling shows.

*2884 *9 Sousei no Aquarion
*1658 *7 Galaxy Angelu~n
*1472 *9 Guin Saga
***** *7 Kamichama Karin

God damn, these figures would just tumble if AKB fans boycotted Satelight! (and yes i know pirates is well above aquarion with a "massive" 5k and that evol will probably be the same)

This is easily a low risk, high reward project... character singles alone should generate more than enough sales... as long as they're smart enough to bundle (some of) them with the anime.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 09:15   Link #228
Utsuro no Hako

Does Satelite even have a financial stake in the success of the series, or were they just given a bundle of money to make the show?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:19   Link #229
mochichan

Second one probably, considering AKB48 made 255 million USD last year alone, i think they're the one putting most of the money into the production process. If this series become a success, Satelight will gain alot of money without spending alot of their own money on the production.

Who's going to sub this? Does anyone know?
Old 2012-04-18, 12:04   Link #230
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
If this series become a success, Satelight will gain alot of money without spending alot of their own money on the production.
That's not how it works,if satelight isn't part of the production team they won't get any money beyond what they were paid to animate the show.No matter how successful it is.
Of course they could very well be part of it,and since they're credited with "original work" they likely are.

Quote:
The fansub wiki doesn't have anyone listed yet but I'm sure someone will come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo
Some of us (people like me) not necessary expecting a disaster, but I do expecting sort of "comedy" like the time synopsis came out.
Seeing this is in large part the staff of Aquarion EVOL that's also full of "comedy" it's what I'm expecting,and that's not a bad thing,that's a very good thing!
Old 2012-04-18, 15:46   Link #231
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah umm for the record I was strictly referring to the possibility of it being a bigger than usual critical flop for Satelight. This however has absolutely nothing to do with how it will do financially since I'm reasonably certain that AKB48 fans will shell out for anything with the AKB48 name on it. As the man who often posts sales says, basically just release a bunch of character tie in singles (fans of these types of productions love this sort of thing) and even that'll have you set revenue wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Does Satelite even have a financial stake in the success of the series, or were they just given a bundle of money to make the show?
This is actually a very interesting question. One has to assume that they've decided how to divvy up the profits behind closed doors. Though I have to say, how sad is it that right now the most pressing question is not whether this show will be any good (it almost seems like people have decided it's a forgone conclusion that it won't) but how much money people that we know nothing about stand to make off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If that's the case than you should easily be able to name a few more shows that were early production disasters... (like maybe Basquash) so go ahead an name them... I won't be holding my breath...
Glass no Kantai for somehow getting made. I jest though, obviously I have no way to prove it (except in the case of Kissdum where if I recall a key employee literally made off with the treatment weeks before it was supposed to go into production) and never actually made this claim so much as implied that it seems to be the case. Note the "almost" in the text of my initial post, it being the operative word and all. I base this implication on the shows I've watched from Satelight and how uneven and barely past the concept stage they often feel once they hit their middle stage making it appear as if they suffer from a lack of ability to plan well early on when it comes to the structure of a show. I'll leave the matter at that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I wonder when they will reveal the transformable mechs in the show. I'm curious if they're going for Macross type designs or something very different.
Hahahaha, okay now that's kind of funny. Obviously they'll use the Kissdum designs.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-04-18 at 15:57.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 16:11   Link #232
mochichan

Nah, I'm skeptical if they can make money off the character singles. The merchandise releases will be during or after the production (i think) but AKB is releasing their song Manatsu no Sound Good in the end of May. This single is the most important one of the year because it's AKB fans only chance in the year to have a choice of the girls that will be promote this song, through voting tickets found in their singles.
No fans would be wasting money choosing anime singles over their election song. And after the election, fans would be too broke to buy the character singles if it's release shortly after.
I think most AKB fans would prioritize sub unit releases and their mainstream singles over anime singles since they release songs constantly. But then again, most of the AKB girls that were picked as seiyuus aren't popular at all beside Mayu and SKE48's Kumi, their fans would try harder to support them.

Anyway, I'm not really concern about how much Satelight nor AKB will make from this and the discussion over money instead the show is kinda sad....:\.
I am a little skeptical about the anime despite being a fan but I'll still watch to see how it go. :P I hope they don't do too much inside joke only AKB fans know tho. It would be funny for us fans but casual/non fans won't get it..lol...
Old 2012-04-18, 16:42   Link #233
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Satelight is definitely getting a cut out of this project, and so is Kawamori. They're on the production committee and this is considered an original project created by Kawamori and Satelight, even though they're also using AKB48 music and personalities as a spring board for the project.

It's a pretty "big" project for everyone involved I would think, even the less popular girls from the various AKB and spin-off units who are getting debut voice acting roles in the series after the auditions. I can definitely see them getting more popular and finding a larger audience, along with expanding their experience in the industry and even singing character songs and so on.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 19:28   Link #234
mochichan

I hope so since i love Sato Amina so much but she tend to get screw over by the management http://aakun.livejournal.com/1159.html
but..........one time promotion is nothing when it come to AKB. Unless you can really stand out during this time, you will just get a 15 min attention then fade away back to irrelevant....it happened before to Uchida Mayumi for Chance no Junban + most of these girls beside Mayu and Kumi aren't from big agencies who can pull promotional strings nor are they even popular and almost nobodies compare to the fanbase of the 21 senbatsu girls that are know by general public, not just in the AKB fandom.

Well at least they get some experience from this. Alot of the girls do want to be seiyuus and gaining some anime fans from this is can't hurt, it might even get them to rise up 1, 2 rank at best and get 1 more sec of screentime in the Undergirls MV <__<

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-18 at 19:44.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:08   Link #235
Raiga
tl;dr

Translation~

Quote:
Possibly us. I don't think any of the staff is actually an AKB fan though, so we could use a consultant, in case there are any in-jokes.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:45   Link #236
mochichan

these are the main AKB subbers.

http://forum.sub48.com/index.php

Aidol thread on Ebi48

http://everyday48.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=47
and their contact info.
http://www.myaidol.com/about/

And maybe the subber of Acchan48 site will help. They subbed Acchan drama when Yamapi fans stopped.

You can ask them to collab with you guys tho they are already having their hands full subbing AKBINGO and the 1240810 something other shows AKB have.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:59   Link #237
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So it's being subbed by sub groups I never heard of before.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 12:22   Link #238
mochichan

Anime fans are kinda picky about fansub?
As an Jpop/Jdrama fan, if we can actually get a video on YT and it's not taken down after like 2 hrs because of copyright, it's amazing, if we actually have subbed vids of the show, we call that a miracle.
Most of the fans who are watching this are AKB fans anyway who probably don't know any anime fansub groups or not that hardcore anime fans, so it's not a bother but I guess real anime fans are more peculiar about it? lol

I'm relieve now. AKB is actually attempting to promote this anime...

Advertisement in Akihabara (inbetween the train station entrance and the AKB Cafe)

But..only one poster.....wtf...the promotion team is being lazy.
At least it's huge I guess.

Oh and scan of the characters.

Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-19 at 12:37.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:54   Link #239
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So all of them are lolis? How old is each idol supposed to be?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 18:41   Link #240
mochichan

real ones or fake ones?

the fictional ones who are main characters are lolis from 10-17

http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.co....html#comments

the real ones at supporting roles are based off the real members 18-24

members the anime based off..

Spoiler for info:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-23 at 21:19.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime