AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-22, 07:43   Link #12221
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Is THAT true?

p.s. I like Jumonji's VA. His voice is intimidating.
Well he doesnt want things to go sex route....but living together is ok?(which i find stupid); and vague answer of them loving each other.

He sounds like Archer and acts like Archer from carnival fantasm?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-22, 07:49   Link #12222
Luckmonth

Uhm I think the almighty label to label Saegusa more common, this does not mean that every individual is more powerful to them do not have an absolute weakness.

Miyuki said was Magicians Universal type, which is excellent in all respects 'General'. For example, there are 10 subjects received at least the minimum value Miyuki 8 in each subject, while others although scored 10 in 1 subjects but they also scored 7 in the other subjects
Old 2014-03-22, 07:56   Link #12223
kazzuya13

And Tatsuya fails at "General".
Old 2014-03-22, 08:32   Link #12224
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

So the author doesnt want to go incest route too;
And why would you say this? What did Tsutomu say?
Old 2014-03-22, 09:40   Link #12225
Jirachier

can someone tell me what is being discussed by the chibi characters in the previews ?
Are they explaining magics ? please tell me they won't actually be included in the actual anime(each video takes 3 minutes, and if there is more my hope of reaching the 7th volume will be gone).
Old 2014-03-22, 09:47   Link #12226
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
can someone tell me what is being discussed by the chibi characters in the previews ?
Are they explaining magics ? please tell me they won't actually be included in the actual anime(each video takes 3 minutes, and if there is more my hope of reaching the 7th volume will be gone).
They're explaining magic. Particularly CADs and a bit of the world setting. Of course not. We're getting 26 episodes, by the way.
Old 2014-03-22, 10:05   Link #12227
yuzen003

Quote:
Well he doesnt want things to go sex route....but living together is ok?(which i find stupid); and vague answer of them loving each other.
Just common sense, he doesn't want his book banned in the biggest domestic market for violating the Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance Regarding the Healthy Development of Youths. It also has not stopped other books from going the incest route as long as they don't explicitly have sex on the page.
Old 2014-03-22, 10:22   Link #12228
Jirachier

I just wanted to say something regarding this discussion on Tatsuya being a Gary Sue and being talented to unrealistic levels.
Most people think that when someone is so much better than everyone else it's unrealistic, but the truth is that it's the opposite if he is the only exception. If you look around you in real life you'll see that anyone has someone somewhere that is on their level in what they excel at. But we're just ordinary people. Isn't it reasonable for the most talented human to ever be born to be on a completely different level than any of his peers ? If you think of Tatsuya as such or any OP protagonist, it would make sense.
Old 2014-03-22, 10:26   Link #12229
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Not that I want to start a shipping war again but once Tasuya's feelings were known, I just couldn't imagine a Miyuki ending, he can't see her as a woman, she is just a sister to him. It is almost impossible to make a believable ending with these 2 becoming a couple.

Meaning that...my dream of Yandere Miyuki might come true .
it will be great
Tatsuya and Erika married, and Miyuki go mad and stabbing both of them on their wedding party but wtf no one die

- -

need more Mayumi teasing, but she teasing Jumonji look like an impossible task
Old 2014-03-22, 10:31   Link #12230
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I just wanted to say something regarding this discussion on Tatsuya being a Gary Sue and being talented to unrealistic levels.
Most people think that when someone is so much better than everyone else it's unrealistic, but the truth is that it's the opposite if he is the only exception. If you look around you in real life you'll see that anyone has someone somewhere that is on their level in what they excel at. But we're just ordinary people. Isn't it reasonable for the most talented human to ever be born to be on a completely different level than any of his peers ? If you think of Tatsuya as such or any OP protagonist, it would make sense.
That's a really good point. It's just something that depends on perspective. To some people judging his character through literary conception he can be be succesfully argued as a Gary Stu, but to the judgement of a solitary reader he can just be a neat character who's abilities make sense for him to have in his universe.

It's kind of like The Doctor from Doctor Who. He's literally the smartest and most clever in the universe capable of almost anything due to his sheer wit. Looking at him in context of a literary device he can be argued as being Gary Stu-ish, but if you look at him him the context of the story you understand it makes for him to be that way in his own story universe.

It's not that you have to conform to the idea of him being a Gary Stu, it's just that you have to acknowledge why other people might chose to see him that way, and why their opinion would be perfectly valid. It's all perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
it will be great
Tatsuya and Erika married, and Miyuki go mad and stabbing both of them on their wedding party but wtf no one die

- -

need more Mayumi teasing, but she teasing Jumonji look like an impossible task
That Yandere ending. Everyone secretly wants it. Screw happiness.

I ship Mayumi with a little Ayaka Boat personally. Just because I like Mayumi, not much more of a deep reason than that.

I really only ship Miyuki by way of not wanting to see her with anyone else. I wouldn't be mad if Tatsuya ended up with someone else as much as I would be real mad if Miyuki ended up with Masaki.
Old 2014-03-22, 10:32   Link #12231
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Not that I want to start a shipping war again but once Tasuya's feelings were known, I just couldn't imagine a Miyuki ending, he can't see her as a woman, she is just a sister to him. It is almost impossible to make a believable ending with these 2 becoming a couple.

Meaning that...my dream of Yandere Miyuki might come true .
Funny. I can't imagine this as ending in anything other than a Miyuki End. And you could say the same thing about all the other girls: he can only see them as friends or acquaintances. Nothing more.

That said, I'm also REALLY praying for a "Tatsuya pissing Miyuki off in disguise" scene.
Old 2014-03-22, 12:20   Link #12232
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Check out main site we have a new lesson#!

New lesson are thought by Mayumi x Katsuto#!
Well, there goes one of my biggest concerns about the anime. Hanakana seems to be doing a great job with Mayumi's voice, keeping it pretty calm throughout, even when getting upset, while using a softer (less squeaky) version of her regular sweet voice. Katsuto sounds like a badass, so everything is good. And good to see they're explaining the war, it is quite the important detail after all.

Quote:
Edit:Q & A with the author and illustrator.

What made me lol was Ishida Kana's comment about making Miyuki more beautiful and a certain high spirited girl pose.
MORE beautiful!? No, NO! No more worshipping! I'm serious, NO!

Quote:
So the author doesnt want to go incest route too;
Well, this is interesting. I wonder how could it go then.

I second Lucarion's question, the exact wording is important here.
Old 2014-03-22, 12:44   Link #12233
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
MORE beautiful!? No, NO! No more worshipping! I'm serious, NO!
We need a correct translation but the way I understood it, Ishida wanted a new design for her since she noticed she is not that beautiful compared to how she is described in the LN.
Old 2014-03-22, 12:58   Link #12234
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
We need a correct translation but the way I understood it, Ishida wanted a new design for her since she noticed she is not that beautiful compared to how she is described in the LN.
Well, duh! The LNs couldn't set the bar any higher. I mean, how do you make a design so good even women question their sexuality when she is in a swimsuit?
Old 2014-03-22, 13:13   Link #12235
Kartaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I really only ship Miyuki by way of not wanting to see her with anyone else. I wouldn't be mad if Tatsuya ended up with someone else as much as I would be real mad if Miyuki ended up with Masaki.

For me that's one of the bad Miyuki's side. She strongly depends on her brother that you just can't ship her with anyone else. However Masaki is not a bad guy
No matter what, I hope it wiil not end with incest
Old 2014-03-22, 13:14   Link #12236
Chimurry

Quote:
Be Cautios with your words about Translators Sama and Staff, they all do willingly and despite RL issues, I don't mind your endless shipping and about CADs warz, but don't mess with them, many, many, readers appreciate their worck and the others LNs projects has been stalled or abandoned cuz uncare fools its true, if don't like translation or stile just do yourself. At least mind the used words and meaning to everyone else.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:20   Link #12237
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Well, duh! The LNs couldn't set the bar any higher. I mean, how do you make a design so good even women question their sexuality when she is in a swimsuit?
Maybe that's why most of the girls look average, besides Mayumi(the prettiest IMO) and Erika they don't stand out. At least her design is way better than Lina's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
For me that's one of the bad Miyuki's side. She strongly depends on her brother that you just can't ship her with anyone else. However Masaki is not a bad guy
Fumiya X Miyuki the couple of Tasuya worshipers, and she finds him cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Be Cautios with your words about Translators Sama and Staff, they all do willingly and despite RL issues, I don't mind your endless shipping and about CADs warz, but don't mess with them, many, many, readers appreciate their worck and the others LNs projects has been stalled or abandoned cuz uncare fools its true, if don't like translation or stile just do yourself. At least mind the used words and meaning to everyone else.
I am not talking about the LN translators, I believe everyone here used Google Translate.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:32   Link #12238
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Maybe that's why most of the girls look average, besides Mayumi(the prettiest IMO) and Erikathey don't stand out. At least her design is way better than Lina's.
Pampz summoning program: ultimate edition.

And of course Mayumi is the prettiest.

Hmm, I wouldn't say they look average, it's just that we often imagine them in the same outfit (school uniform) while Miyuki gets entire sections of her in different clothing. The rest just doesn't have as many chances to show off.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:43   Link #12239
Riddam

Spoiler for This guy Echizen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I'm sorry, I want to point this out before someone else does. Takuma and shippou are the same person. Full name Shippou Takuma. I think you meant Takuma and one of the Saegusa twins (Kasumii?) for the first line. And I think you meant Tatsuya and Tomitsuka for the second lines.

I also think you already knew that but you're getting entirely too burned out to keep up your argument.

For the record, I believe that while there's never a single quote saying Miyuki's psion level is close to Tatsuya's, there's also never a quote saying Miyuki's Psion isn't close to Tatsuya's either. Besides I thought the books made a point of saying it was discovered Psion level isn't necessarily important to begin with.
Yeah, you got it right. Odd that I didn't notice that.
I think it's mentioned at least two times that they both have an exceptional Psion count, here's one. "At that time, the standards for power of Magicians emphasized the psion count within the Magician's body (which included both the physical body and the mental "body") rather than focusing on the speed of Magic Sequence construction. By the old standards, both Tatsuya and Miyuki's psion count would rate as top tier."
The conclusion is really just a natural one. At this point we would have already read about Tatsuya's psion count being higher if there was a relevant difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I'm pretty sure the novel explained cast jamming is also a form of magic and that the input of psions is what the antinite propagates as 'random noise'. So cast jamming does require someone with a bit of magical talent. The soldier in v8 is probably like Shizuku's brother who is stated to have some rudimentary magic talent but not enough to be able to actually use magic.
You could be right, It's been a while since cast jamming came up. Just from the top of my head I remembered reading about Antinite being used by non-magicians and the military.

Quote:
It has been mentioned in the description for Kuroba's special outer-systematic magic that counter magic would work, although It wasn't specific, and that it uses activation sequences. I assume the basic counter requiring a similar level and type of magic to offset/prevent the spell would apply. Also if it has an activation sequence and also I assume a magic sequence, whether made of pushions or psions, I also assume gram dispersion or gram demolition might still also be applicable.
That's true, although calling them conventional is a stretch, the gram spells are very rare, gram dispersion being supposedly only theoretical. Also I can't recall the description you mentioned, can you link it to me.

We aren't talking about counter magic either (although I understand how one could get confused, the conversation is not very coherent). We're talking about how Cocytus passes traditional defenses, and by continuation magical defenses.
I consider counter magic unconventional in and of itself. Only Tatsuya actively uses it, I guess if you count her Zone interference Miyuki counts as well. And Tomitsuka, while not actively "using" counter magic, is able to utilize it.
Old 2014-03-22, 15:03   Link #12240
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
I don't like him. He still thinks he has a chance at beating Tatsuya, he also listened to George when he said Masaki could get Miyuki easily if he tried. Blasphemer. I hope he never finds happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Spoiler for This guy Echizen:

Yeah, you got it right. Odd that I didn't notice that.
I think it's mentioned at least two times that they both have an exceptional Psion count, here's one. "At that time, the standards for power of Magicians emphasized the psion count within the Magician's body (which included both the physical body and the mental "body") rather than focusing on the speed of Magic Sequence construction. By the old standards, both Tatsuya and Miyuki's psion count would rate as top tier."
The conclusion is really just a natural one. At this point we would have already read about Tatsuya's psion count being higher if there was a relevant difference.

You could be right, It's been a while since cast jamming came up. Just from the top of my head I remembered reading about Antinite being used by non-magicians and the military.

That's true, although calling them conventional is a stretch, the gram spells are very rare, gram dispersion being supposedly only theoretical. Also I can't recall the description you mentioned, can you link it to me.

We aren't talking about counter magic either (although I understand how one could get confused, the conversation is not very coherent). We're talking about how Cocytus passes traditional defenses, and by continuation magical defenses.
I consider counter magic unconventional in and of itself. Only Tatsuya actively uses it, I guess if you count her Zone interference Miyuki counts as well. And Tomitsuka, while not actively "using" counter magic, is able to utilize it.

You know... I'm starting to think this thread fills up so quick because we just argue over petty details. A lot. Really, really passionately.

Actually, not starting too, we do argue over petty details.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings