AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-04, 18:05   Link #1
marvelB

Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa (Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2865

Not too sure how many people are familiar with this particular series, but I imagine most would be familiar with the author, since he's the one behind all those awesome gambling series like Akagi/Ten/Kaiji/etc. Anyway, this one is more of a straight-up slice-of-life story, but it's definitely no less amazing. I'm only at the third volume right now, and I just can't put it down! I think many people can relate to poor old Kurosawa's plight, even if the majority of us are younger folks. Now admittedly I DID kind of spoil myself on the series' ending, but that still doesn't stop me from wanting to follow this depressed middle-aged man's life story to the end.....

But all in all, this is a legit good series, and is strongly recommended for those who want to take a break from the usual fantastical panty-flash harem stories and whatnot. I'm gonna see if I can at least finish the series by this weekend.....
Old 2013-01-08, 23:10   Link #2
marvelB

Ah, meant to bump this earlier, but I was preoccupied with other stuff. Anyways, I finished the series over the weekend as I said I would, and here's my thoughts on the ending (spoilers ahead, naturally):

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2013-01-09, 21:14   Link #3
Rayneing
Trombe!

This was an absolutely incredible series. Gotta love a slice-of-life series about an ugly middle-aged man dealing with the hardships of a shitty adult life, instead of highschool kids messing around. Kurosawa's day-to-day struggles were truly heartbreaking, but I have to say he was an incredibly amazing man. The ending was also pretty much perfect.

Fukumoto is a pretty great writer, and he should do more stuff like this. I love his gambling stuff as much as the next guy, but I believe this to be his best work.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:06   Link #4
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Agree that this is Fukumoto's best work, As much as i like his gambling mangas this was written way better than those. It also didn't drag out for a ridiculous amount of time which helps.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2013-01-12, 18:53   Link #5
marvelB

Actually, there was one particular thing I really hoped would happen later in the series:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-12, 18:59   Link #6
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Yeah i was wondering what the hell was wrong with her, Guess the author forget about her midway or something.
Old 2013-05-03, 15:28   Link #7
marvelB

Wow, now this is unexpected news: Looks like Kurosawa is getting a "sequel". Now of course, this leaves lots of questions, like how the series could possibly continue considering how it ended, but I think Fukumoto is a good enough author to make this work. Like maybe it'll be a prequel or an alternate retelling of the story or something. But reservations aside, I do have to say that I'm actually still looking forward to this!
Old 2013-05-19, 12:16   Link #8
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Not sure how i feel about this, The manga already finished perfectly and i don't think there's much left to the character.