AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Rate the series (final rating)
Perfect 10 54 17.14%
9 out of 10 64 20.32%
8 out of 10 101 32.06%
7 out of 10 54 17.14%
6 out of 10 17 5.40%
5 out of 10 11 3.49%
4 out of 10 8 2.54%
3 out of 10 3 0.95%
2 out of 10 1 0.32%
1 out of 10 2 0.63%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-20, 13:49   Link #61
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Well, I'm resuming this poll to see if it can collects its last votes before the forum will move.
By the way, the tendency is stated: the average is once again fixed at 7,89 with 108 voters.

Considering we're in a so called "Shuffle fans' area" this rate should be a bit higher than the real average. In facts the very negative rates (3 and 4) were 3 out of 108, almost irrilevant.
Old 2006-01-20, 17:19   Link #62
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Well, I'm resuming this poll to see if it can collects its last votes before the forum will move.
By the way, the tendency is stated: the average is once again fixed at 7,89 with 108 voters.
This matches very nicely with my voting of 8/10
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 17:38   Link #63
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I think the score should be a little higher since i think good many of the 8 voters actually wanted to vote 8.5
Old 2006-01-20, 23:35   Link #64
pinsher6

shuffle is wonderful, but not the best in my heart so ijust give 8 out of 10...
pinsher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 01:09   Link #65
EternityOfPain
Boss of AnimeLessons

Send a message via AIM to EternityOfPain
I give it a 5/10 for reasons read my review on it here: Shuffle Review!
EternityOfPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 19:39   Link #66
Keitarou
Ninja

Managed to watch the last three episodes two days ago and overall it got solid 64% in my book. So, 6/10 on this poll.

I liked the basic premise and world but the overused and reoccuring jokes, all the wasted time in the beginning and the blatant ecchi overdose, a ppm of ~2, deterred from the overall show.

There's also the aspect that I just couldn't get to like most of the main-characters, except for Kaede and later on Primula. The side-characters on the other hand were a nice addition, Itsuki and Mayumi make a great pair and the two kings were simply funny when brought together. :)

In opposition to them, there's Rin, who made it easily on my most disliked male characters list, on #2 (between Takayuki Narumi and Shinn Asuka, Junnichi Asakura).

Anyway, being 14 episodes long and the view being more on the drama aspect would've done wonders to it. Especially since the episodes 12-15 were quite good and 20, 21 and most particularly 19 were simply outstanding.

The last three episodes were also quite a waste.

Spoiler:

It still beats out our beloved soap opera and the somewhat less loved incest show, though. (You are free to guess the titles, it should be obvious though). ;)
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 11:00   Link #67
LocrEpinS

I gave it a 10!, probably because it's the second anime i've watched, but then again i'm probably the pickiest anime/manga fan on earth.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 12:00   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've noticed people tend to rank their first or second instance of romance anime pretty high in their overall rankings simply because its the "omigod you mean anime does something besides BLOW THINGS UP? and reek of pocket monsters?"
My first romance comedy anime was Love Hina and it is still a classic archetype.. though its slipped off of my top 3 list ... I still consider Motoko one of the most interesting characters I've ever come across (I'd marry her in a hearbeat .. though then my existing wife would kill me).

LocrEpinS, I suggest you take a look at the following:
Kanon, AIR, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Mahoraba: Heartful Days, and the recent Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora .... Karin and Kamichu! are also worth a look (the latter is not really a romance but quite good).... if you want something with less stress but a charming romance, try Lamune.
Old 2006-02-07, 12:07   Link #69
LocrEpinS

Ya, thx for dat.
I've actually compiled quite a lengthy list of animes i'm gonna try out, and atm i haven't had the time to really download or read reviews(grrr, homework >.<, well not really that much).
oh and about Lamune, i happen to already be watching that, and like it almost as much as Shuffle!, still waitn' on the fansubs though.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:56   Link #70
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The average has decreased

It is now 7.79/10
Old 2006-02-07, 15:09   Link #71
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
The average has decreased

It is now 7.79/10
And it's still too high, if you ask me
Old 2006-02-07, 15:28   Link #72
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
i hate to say this but the ending was kind of dissapointing for me..... well i didn't feel like i get anything or recieved anything about the anime... it was kind of amusing and ecchi, which i really liked =P, but then the second half of the anime came and kind of went to this super natural thing which left me confused... o well , 8 / 10 a anime you have to watch..
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 15:33   Link #73
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
it was kind of amusing and ecchi, which i really liked =P, but then the second half of the anime came and kind of went to this super natural thing which left me confused... o well , 8 / 10 a anime you have to watch..
Are you basically saying that you liked the first half, and the second half not much instead?

Oh well, that should be one of the proof of why they say "world is beautiful because it's various"

--

Seriously, I stated this, because it was quite common opinion that the first half kinda lacked, while the second delivered some freshness and intriguing events. I think all of us agree with you on the disappointing ending, by the way
Old 2006-02-09, 05:40   Link #74
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I will give an 8.

I liked. I really do. But just like everything else, has some flaws.

For me i'd had prefered if the graphics were a little closer to the original bgame and if they had made a Nerine Ending. That way, they would have a good excuse to make the sequel animated, too

Anyway, a very good series. And maybe the best harem-themed tv show released.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 06:13   Link #75
TrueKnight

8/10, it's funny and entertaining. I enjoyed it. Asa is good, I totally despise Kaede for being so obidient. It's like having a stalker for life watching every toes you'd make if Rin ended up with her, not to mention she's psychotic. However Kaede is particularly what made Shuffle interesting in ep 19 up.

But I still like Primula the best though.................. If only it ended with her then definitely 10/10 for teh win!
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 15:03   Link #76
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm.. Gave it 8/10

I must admitt that I was a little bias, as when I first started watching the series, after the first two eps, I simply said: "Bah, he's gonna end up with Kaede isn't he?" and just sort of went into blase mode..

And to be honest, I was a little annoyed at the Sia and Nerine characters (and their counterparts), because although its sweet to harbor feelings for someone, I dunno.. it seems a bit much..

And then the last oh, 12 episodes or so completely switched gears on me, and as being a fan of Asa-sempai, made the somewhat flawed ending episodes still enjoyable for me.

All in all, enjoyable, but bipolar. Not all characters were developed enough, some of those character developments just weren't believeable and some of the side characters seem very interesting.. I would've liked to see more Mayuki, Itsuki and Kareha.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 16:11   Link #77
rooboy
Umeboshi!

After consideration (and rewatching this weekend), I think I have to go with a 7. The last episodes (pretty much the last arc) are not as good as the earlier episodes. Note that I'm not saying anything about the outcome, after rewatching it, I'm amazed I didn't notice the outcome earlier. I also thought it was definitely going to be a Kaede ending, but if you watch they drop significantly large hints about Asa all through the series (something that they fail to do with any of the other girls, all of whom seem to shuffle into the background at various points in the story). Even with the problems the concluding arc has though, there were definitely enough high points that I would buy a R1 release of it (especially if they cleaned up some of the animation, which was good in spots, but poor in others).

As for other romance animes I enjoyed (really, should we compare harem series only to harems? Especially since none of us really agree on what a harem series is?), I liked Ai Yori Aoshi (and Enishi), but it would have similarly gotten a "7" grade (despite being the second I was exposed to, Vexx ). Love Hina I would rate at probably a 7 as well, though the manga would rate significantly higher. Futakoi I enjoyed (even the goat), but still at like a 7, Futakoi Alternative I probably liked at an "8" clip, except for the ending, which was just too high on my bizarre scale. Da Capo (including second season) I think of like a "7". I would rate Suzuka higher than a 7, but the animation was very uneven. I don't mind if animation is just plain bad, but can it at least be consistently bad? Suzuka had characters that in some episodes I had problems recognizing. KGNE was probably close to being an 8, in a "train wreck I can't look away from" kind of way, and I flat didn't like AIR. Kanon would have probably been like a 6, but I thought the character designs were very cute.
I'm desperately trying to come up with one I would have rated higher than a 7. Lamune I would probably rate at a 9. Mahoroba rates a 9 on the uber-cuteness scale, but the manga is better. I'm going to say that the only 10 I've ever seen was probably Amaendaiyo .... HA! GOT YOU!
Though this isn't really restricted to romantic animes. I think the only two series I've ever enjoyed enough to rate a "10" would probably be Noir and R.O.D. the TV. Just about nothing's perfect.
Weird side-thing. Negima is my favorite manga (I have literally started buying Weekly Shonen Magazine just to get my fix, and it's lead to my discovery of other manga series like Suzuka and School Rumble), but I've never really considered it a romance thing. Technically it has a harem (in the same way Gun x Sword has a harem), but I always thought it belonged to the "mindless shonen" perjorative, rather than the "harem" one. But if Negima (the manga) counts, I'd probably rate that one a 10, the anime of course is highly flawed, but often amusing and would probably be more like a 6.
Old 2006-02-15, 18:33   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I also rate Lamune and Mahoraba as 9 or 10 simply because they're almost perfect at WHAT THEY SET OUT TO DO. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase rates a 9 with me for the same reason (points subtracted for their animation disasters - fixed in the dvds and for the really stupid "Neko-Kaoru" bits). Negima the anime -if I ignore the manga completely- still only rates a 7 for the first 19 eps... and then just falls apart at the end -- the new writing team simply could not write their way out of the mess they'd been handed. There are specific bits and scenes I dearly love out of the anime series (usually involving Evangeline and Chach, or the martial arts girls) but only ep 19 with the ghostly classmate stands out at what the series COULD have been in terms of drama.

The first season of AYA I rate pretty highly ... nice closure to story arc and my only real complaint was the stupid boob-check gag which also hurts the manga (I am so tired of that lame not-a-gag). The second season ... each ep rates well but there was no progression to speak of outside of a reader's digest version of Tina's little crisis.

Love Hina... at the time I saw it, I rated it highly but it hasn't aged well ... mostly the Motoko eps are all I can watch anymore (I loathe the gadget-fest eps and the failure to end it even when the manga was complete).

Hopefully this kind of explains where I'm coming from in rating Shuffle an 8.... (really a high 7)... in terms of --- story execution and animation. Did I believe in the characters or could I see the strings of the puppeteers jerking them around?
Old 2006-02-15, 18:37   Link #79
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Send a message via MSN to Crusaders
I should give it a 7, because the animation and story wasn't very good, but the music was pretty good and Asa is in Shuffle anime....so i gave it a 9
Crusaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:12   Link #80
Moon Eclipse

I gave it an 8. Not the best, not even as good as it should have been... but that's mostly just the fault of the ending. The majority of the anime set the bar high, the ending was a let down IMO. It was almost like they wanted to just wrap the entire things as quickly and as neatly as possible. That ended up pissing me off... But overall it's a good anime. ^^ I'm bitter/sweet for having watched it but either way I enjoyed it a great deal for what it was. AAA might have won this one... but the KKK will be victorious in the end! MUHAHAHA!!!! @.@
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote