AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2011-05-30, 10:38   Link #1
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
"after images"/distortion

I've noticed recently that whenever I play a video, whether it be on my MPC player or simply watching a stream video that I occasionally get these color distortions that appear to be after images of whatever was just on screen or big blocky pixalations. An example is posted here. Anyway as far as codecs go I have the latest build CCCP and CoreAVC and up until two days ago I had had no problems playing anything. What could be the problem?

edit: I also noticed that this occasionally happens with the games I play on my PC too (WoW, etc)
Old 2011-05-30, 17:50   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
With games... Problem with graphic card, perhaps? You should have posted a comparison pic too because frankly I can't see anything wrong with that image :x
Old 2011-05-30, 19:11   Link #3
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

The chroma planes are out of (temporal) sync with the luma. Either you're using some funny GPU-accelerated rendering that uses a very broken YV12 to RGB conversion, or your video decoder is broken, or the encode is broken. If you are used GPU-accelerated decoding, try disabling it and using software decoding instead.

You are not getting the same problem in games, or if you do it's an unrelated problem with similar appearance (games are not rendered in YUV).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2011-05-30, 21:08   Link #4
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
If you are used GPU-accelerated decoding, try disabling it and using software decoding instead.
how would I go about doing that? I recently installed a new CPU (3.0 quad core upgraded from a 2.4 duo) so maybe that has something to do with it?
Old 2011-05-31, 15:29   Link #5
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I strongly doubt it has anything to do with the new CPU.

How to disable GPU accelerated decoding depends on what decoder and/or player you're using.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2011-05-31, 17:24   Link #6
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I strongly doubt it has anything to do with the new CPU.

How to disable GPU accelerated decoding depends on what decoder and/or player you're using.
Player? As in Media Player? Then that would be Media Player Classic (not sure about what build).
Old 2011-06-02, 10:14   Link #7
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

still having the problem with playback even though I fiddled with the MPC settings a bit. Here is a better example of whats been happening

Old 2011-06-11, 09:19   Link #8
EroKing

If you have a decent graphic card just get rid of CoreAVC and reinstall CCCP. See if that fixes the problem.
Old 2011-08-10, 21:08   Link #9
mayiex
Banned

I'm not an expert.. but i think the problem is video card or graphic card.. and there is nothing to do with the image..