AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-17, 23:06   Link #81
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Ugh, I'm so depressed. I caught up to the translated chapters, but now I can't find raws.

Curse my poor soul!

And damn, this thread needs more activity!
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:24   Link #82
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
well that fight kinda suck i wanna see real fight with slaching and gashing and many blood and gore hahahaha
....Did you really read the chapter? It is a rain of blood at the end of that fight.....
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 17:40   Link #83
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I read all the chapter out so far.

We really need to get more info about our main characters' past. Maka said Soul can dance well. And, we know he can play the piano as well (I can't wait for them to animate that part). So what is he?

Was he born a weapon? Or did something made him a weapon?

And in any case, we don't even know that much details about how Maka and Soul met. I mean there are already 10 books but still we know so little about them.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 19:25   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I recall her saying "I *made* you" at one point in the first volume (but I need to look it up). Don't know what that actually means though...
Old 2008-04-18, 19:28   Link #85
Zoe

If she said that, it certainly wasn't meant literally. Tsubaki existed as a weapon before she met Black Star.

I'm assuming it's a trait passed on through families.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 20:08   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It probably was a translation glitch or metaphor... I've not seen the original japanese dialog.
Old 2008-04-19, 01:42   Link #87
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Was he born a weapon? Or did something made him a weapon?.
Soul, Tsubaki, and Thompson's all seemed to born as weapons.

Quote:
And in any case, we don't even know that much details about how Maka and Soul met. I mean there are already 10 books but still we know so little about them.
Well, we do know quite bit about Maka, Soul on the hand is much more mysterious, and generally we get pieces of his past, like him being from a rich family (called Evans) that he detests. How Maka and Soul met will probably explained at some point. Most mangas tend take a longer time to fill out pasts of their protags.

BTW, it's 11 Vol's now.

Anyone think that Stein could become a villain at one point in the manga, due to,

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-04-19 at 02:20.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:39   Link #88
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Stein becoming villain is certainly sweet, and I have been anticipating that. But I found the plot is trying to avoid that, as Mary is really trying to keep Stein from breaking down. The relationship between those two is also a bit bitter sweet. Stein knows no love being the reason why Mary wants to stay with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I recall her saying "I *made* you" at one point in the first volume (but I need to look it up). Don't know what that actually means though...
Making weapon is a taboo. The very reason that got BOTH Shinigami sama and the witches trying to kill Archne. The act is simply immoral on a lot of levels. It is often assumed all weapons now days passed down through heritage. Trying to make new weapon only means trouble, as you would have the world trying to kill you.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 05:38   Link #89
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Stein being a villain is nice ^________^ but I also like him being a good guy ;_; . . .dilemma xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Yup, that's me ^^ I translated 46 too, but I think most people forgot or missed it.

Started working on 45 (ideally I'd do 44 if we weren't missing it...), but I won't be able to finish it until next week.
Awesome ^_^ I wish I could see those other chapters soon xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 07:49   Link #90
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Soul Eater is officially licensed

Yen Press have it, along with Haruhi
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 12:33   Link #91
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... so much for my wondering why this hasn't been licensed.

No experience with Yen Press -- I suppose that will change now.
Old 2008-04-19, 13:02   Link #92
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Yen are one of the better publishers, better than TP atleast hehe
Old 2008-04-20, 06:46   Link #93
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well, we do know quite bit about Maka, Soul on the hand is much more mysterious, and generally we get pieces of his past, like him being from a rich family (called Evans) that he detests. How Maka and Soul met will probably explained at some point. Most mangas tend take a longer time to fill out pasts of their protags.
Soul's from a rich family? In which chapter was it mentioned? x_x
Man, I wanna know more of Soul and Maka. They're the main characters but they have the least background x_x Maybe it'll take an arc =3 If so, I so wanna see/read it xD Hehehe. I would also like to see how they actually met. The anime showed a scene, but will the manga version be the same?
Old 2008-04-20, 19:13   Link #94
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Soul Eater is officially licensed

Yen Press have it, along with Haruhi
Well, it's when those kind of things happens that I say it sucks not living on USA.

I just hope groups don't stop scanlating the manga.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 19:53   Link #95
Steel Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Anyone think that Stein could become a villain at one point in the manga, due to,

Spoiler for Spoiler:
It's very likely. But the only way I can see this happening is if...

Spoiler:
Steel Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 00:38   Link #96
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Soul's from a rich family? In which chapter was it mentioned? x_x
Man, I wanna know more of Soul and Maka. They're the main characters but they have the least background x_x Maybe it'll take an arc =3 If so, I so wanna see/read it xD Hehehe. I would also like to see how they actually met. The anime showed a scene, but will the manga version be the same?
It is hinted Soul is from a rich family because he knows his music and he knows how to ballroom dance... and I guess somewhat in how he acts. (We can clearly see he is much more refined than Blackstar. Soul has always been more or less a gentleman -- protecting Maka, never peak at girls on purpose, dress nicely to parties, eat in small bites...)

As for how they met... if I remember correctly, all we know so far from the manga (and I guess this is implied in the anime in ep 1), is that Soul played a song for Maka when they met.

Last edited by Ori; 2008-04-21 at 10:11.
Old 2008-04-21, 02:51   Link #97
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Guardian View Post
It's very likely. But the only way I can see this happening is if...

Spoiler:
Yen pretty much do a world wide release, covering most areas. so no matter where you are it should be easy to get
Old 2008-04-21, 04:01   Link #98
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
It is hinted Soul is from a rich family because he knows his music and he knows how to ballroom dance... and I guess somewhat in how he acts. (We can clearly see he is much more refined than Blackstar. Soul has always been more or less a gentleman -- protecting Maka, never peak at girls on purpose, dress nicely to parties, eat in small bits...)
Why didn't I realize that O_O . . .baka baka baka xD

Quote:
As for how they met... if I remember correctly, all we know so far from the manga (and I guess this is implied in the anime in ep 1), is that Soul played a song for Maka when they met.
I don't remember that from the manga . . . but that really made me excited xD I wonder what song will be used in the anime. Soul Eater music so far are so terrific!!!

[EDIT] Thanks for the info by the way, Ori

[EDIT 2]: Me and my typos -_-

Last edited by sapphire-pyro; 2008-04-21 at 20:48.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:26   Link #99
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I don't remember that form the manga . . . but that really made me excited xD I wonder what song will be used in the anime. Soul Eater music so far are so terrific!!!
I checked for you. It's in chapter 30.

Liz thanked Soul for bringing a bunch of records to a party hosted at Kid's mansion. Soul explained he bought funk music because Liz told him to bring something with good rhythm, but he thought the music really didn't fit the party (it's a high class, dinner party). Maka suggested Soul should go play a fitting song on the piano himself.

Soul escaped by going to washroom.

After that, Maka explained to Liz that she heard Soul play the piano once, it's a very sad and weird song called "I am this kind of Person," when they first became partners.

I can't wait to hear that song as well. It seems that though Soul refuse to admit it, he is a great piano player.
Old 2008-04-21, 12:56   Link #100
Zoe

Turns out Ookubo's first series, B-Ichi, has been licensed as well. I've never been able to find much on it (I'm wary of making a blind buy), but it appears to be along the same vein as Soul Eater.

Can't wait
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen