AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-08-17, 23:20   Link #1
stupidbaka

Problems with ports

I've been trying to configure the settings on my router to forward specific ports but I am having a little problem. Note that I have both a firewall from my antivirus software and my router up, which may be one of the reasons why the ports are blocked.

I have tried isolating the problem but I am confused to what is blocking my ports. I turned my firewall off, yet ports are still blocked. I have opened the ports on my router, but still there are blocked ports. I finally used my cable modem at the end instead of my wireless router, while having my firewall off but the same problem still persists.

I just don't know what the problem is. There was something odd that happened though; although the majority of the ports I have tested appear to be blocked, one port that I have tried, 16306, actually works. The site that I checked opened ports on is http://whatsmyip.org/ports/.

If anyone could give some insight into this problem it would be both great and appreciated. Thanks.
stupidbaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 23:43   Link #2
arenine

That website does not check if the ports are correctly forwarded. The website is used to check if a port is opened or closed which is useful for determining the security of the network (Closed is good) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_scanner . Perhaps some more information on what you're trying to accomplish would be helpful.
arenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 06:23   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
if you're doing this to get a better download rate I would first suggest the standard bittorrent program. When I got this computer I installed Bittornado on it, which I always used because it was speedy and easy but on my new PC my speeds went down to 1 and most of the times 0 kb/ps and it remained liek that even after I configured my firewall the way I should've had and even with my firewall turned off it was still being a pain. forwarding ports can be difficult and with me it didn't work either, instead I made a flaw somewhere and my internet didn't work at all at some point and the computer tech guy fixed it for me, funny thing was he uninstalled bittornado and installed normal bittorrent and from then on it worked fine, I didn't have to portforward or anything, this is why I would suggest using another client first and if that doesn't work then start portforwarding but if you don't know what you're doing leave that alone and ask someone else who knows how to do it for you cause you can mess up a lot fo things in those options
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 15:01   Link #4
Gemstar
Banned

My utorrent says, not connectable , a firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you.
Gemstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:49   Link #5
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
So, uTorrent still says that your port is closed even after bypassing the router and connecting directly to the cable modem and keeping the firewall off?

What firewall program are you using?

Did you try adding uTorrent to your firewall's list of "allow all TCP/UDP activites" applications? Same with the router.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:01   Link #6
Shin Muhammad
Putting Truth First.
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Shin Muhammad
But even if uTorrent said your port hasn't forwarded, usually if you got 50KB/s with DDL, you can get it with torrent.

At least, that's what happened with my PC

Indonesian Railfans
Shin Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:06   Link #7
Gemstar
Banned

How do you bypass the router and allow all UDP/TCP activities ?
Old 2008-09-28, 14:47   Link #8
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
When I mean bypass the router, I meant hook directly to the cable modem with your computer.

As for the TCP/UDP, it depends on what firewall you have. Same with your router. Your router's port forwarding usually gives you the option of what type of port to open; TCP, UDP or both.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 14:07   Link #9
Gemstar
Banned

I don't have any firewall. The only firewall I have is the one windows give up and I always have that off. How do I get the option for port forwarding on my router and what do I have to change ?