AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 17:22   Link #5521
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We are still waiting for 07th Expansion's answer regarding the romaji for シエスタ. For all intent and purpose, we are still using "Siesta" until we got a clear confirmation.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:09   Link #5522
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
We are still waiting for 07th Expansion's answer regarding the romaji for シエスタ. For all intent and purpose, we are still using "Siesta" until we got a clear confirmation.
This is just my opinion. But I wouldn't want you to change it even if you did get confirmation that it was Chiester. Not every name has to be accurate to the Japanese as long as the audience likes it that way. Especially when the Siesta's aren't really major characters so the audience might care even less.

I'm used to Siesta. And I'd like it to stay that way. I know that it's not a certainty the name will be Chiester though.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:14   Link #5523
Leafsnail

How's Winchester spelt in katakana?
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:17   Link #5524
Marion
The Great Dine

I still think Chiester is a mistake on the game's part and not on WH's part. The anime makes it sound like they're saying Siesta, -45 released a track relating to Umineko with the spelling "Siesta" as well and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they made a mistake like that in the quality check. It happens frequently.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:24   Link #5525
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... even though I wouldn't like that either, it is for consistency's sake (otherwise, putting "Battler" as the romaji doesn't make sense).

I personally think Chiester is definitely a romaji mistake. It hardly makes sense with the prononciation, and even with the seemly reference to Winchester, it basically doesn't make sense.
Chiester would have been like this in Katakana: チェスター
Old 2010-12-06, 18:30   Link #5526
Judoh
Mystery buff

All I'm saying is if the fans like it way it is. This is the one time you have an excuse to say "screw consistency!" and keep it anyway. Because you didn't make the mistake that made this happen.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 05:56   Link #5527
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
This is just my opinion. But I wouldn't want you to change it even if you did get confirmation that it was Chiester. Not every name has to be accurate to the Japanese as long as the audience likes it that way. Especially when the Siesta's aren't really major characters so the audience might care even less.

I'm used to Siesta. And I'd like it to stay that way. I know that it's not a certainty the name will be Chiester though.
then again, it could have been a hint, somehow, someway. maybe, we don't know that.
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 19:00   Link #5528
Shiro Kaisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
then again, it could have been a hint, somehow, someway. maybe, we don't know that.
It firmly establishes a connection from the Siestas to the Winchester rifles. Thus, could be a clue.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 20:15   Link #5529
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Even though it was obvious anyway.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:16   Link #5530
chronotrig

Hobibox added a bunch of Spanish-speaking countries today. Argentina, Chile, and Venezuela can now access the download site for EP4 and EP7.

As for the several other countries we've heard from, you haven't been forgotten. Canada, Colombia, Germany, and the Netherlands are all on the list to be added. Hobibox has been spreading the releases out so that they don't risk overloading their servers, but all of those countries will probably be added in a week or two.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:31   Link #5531
LaplaceNoMa

What about Russia? I personally know a lot of people who would be happy to digitally purchase Umineko.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 19:35   Link #5532
Yagami-san
Ore ga kowai no ka??????

http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/ever-forever/
http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/this-week-at-mangagamer/
An request for you,Witch Hunt...
Releases Umineko in partnership with MangaGamer like who happened with ef and Harukoi please x.x
Old 2010-12-08, 19:36   Link #5533
GyroidFanatic

Witch Hunt already has a partner though.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 20:05   Link #5534
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Witch Hunt already has a partner though.
I guess it might be possible that they make Mangagamer a distributer for Umineko the digital copy with Hobibox. It would be beneficial for Mangagamer, since they released all of When They Cry 1 and 2 (other than Rei).
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:32   Link #5535
Franzen
The Golden Truth

I'm kind of hoping the full patch is either released before the 16th or after Christmas since my best friend from out of the country is coming to visit and I don't want to be a total douchebag and hole up to play Umineko for the days he is visiting.
Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:04   Link #5536
De3NJ

Dunno if its the proper place to post it, but Amiami.jp has Umineko Questions arcs on sale now in dvd form.
De3NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 01:15   Link #5537
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Hobibox added a bunch of Spanish-speaking countries today. Argentina, Chile, and Venezuela can now access the download site for EP4 and EP7.
Venezuela?! HNNNNNNNNGGGGG! That's great news ! Thanks for everything, guys!
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 07:24   Link #5538
SkitzoDybbuk

Yay! Downloads for Argentina!

Thanks a bunch, Witch-Hunt :3
SkitzoDybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 14:23   Link #5539
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

No idea if this is the right place to ask, but I usually see these questions pop up in this thread...is there anywhere that has preorders for EP8 (shipping to America)? If possible I'd like to get it right away without having to wait, since I've only been getting every other episode (I started with 4, got 6 for 5 and 6) to save money, and I'm impatient to read EP7 before I stumble into spoilers about how 8 ends. Especially since the 7 patch is surely going to be a great Christmas gift for all of us from W-H
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 12:04   Link #5540
chronotrig

We've added the temporary new epitaph translation to the epitaph thread.

This isn't guaranteed to be the version that will appear in the EP7 100% patch, but it isn't likely to change much.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation