AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-26, 20:36   Link #61
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
AK47 sucks in CS:Source. They say the recoil hasn't been changed, but try it out for yourself. I love the AK74 in original CS, it's the best weapon in there. I can't believe how much it has changed in CS:S. It sucks so much now.
I'll just get back to Half Life 2 and leave CS:S as it is. Someone PM me when they change/add stuff, I might try it again when they do.
Can you explain a bit more in detail how it "sucks"? I've been playing CS: Source quite heavily for the past week or so, scrimming with friends, and on public servers. I use the AK-47 as often as I can when I'm either T or CT (I pick it up), so I had quite a lot of feel of AK-47 source now. I don't know how AK-47 "sucks" for you, but I've still been making consistent kills (and headshots) with the AK-47, in all different ranges and maps. Same strategy, burst, strafe a bit, burst, strafe a bit, etc. I still think AK-47 is still a great weapon, although I do admit it doesn't "feel"/"look" as stable as it was in 1.6, but that could be the updated smooth graphics and the crosshair, not the actual recoil system itself. But this probably proves nothing as I didn't do any experiments or test gather concrete numerical data, but neither did you .

I've also noticed that the auto sniper-rifles are tremendously bolstered as well. 2 hits = dead. Their bullets deal the same damage as a scout, but fires much faster, and accurate as well! Standing still or crouching against these weapons are just inviting quick death. I guess this is done to attract more people into buying and using those weapons, but I don't know if people like this or not (personally, I welcome it, because it finally gives people a good reason to use those exorbitantly priced rifles that used to be useless in the game, but now powerful. Otherwise, why keep them in the game if no one uses it?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
I noticed you could shoot computers apart in CS:S, the HD's come out, the ram, graphics card, motherboard, even the CPU comes out. However, this is not true in HL2, you can shoot them as much as you want and parts never fly out.
Yeah, it's a fun little graphic bonus in CS: Source, although I doubt its actual benefit/detriment to the game. Although it is fun to shoot stuff up .
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:04   Link #62
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
dunno if its against armored or non armored guys, but with the scout, ive done 100-105 dmg no headshot
and avg dmg seems to hover around 75-85 range
i think it got a little bit more power
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 02:40   Link #63
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
dunno if its against armored or non armored guys, but with the scout, ive done 100-105 dmg no headshot
and avg dmg seems to hover around 75-85 range
i think it got a little bit more power
The scout hasn't bee changed. It still does around 60-80 damage.
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 12:57   Link #64
Ending

Are we still talking about HL2?

Anyway, the point where you have to use turrets to cover your arse against army of soldiers really was a PITA. For one, those turrets are sheit and near useless. Second, Gordon Freeman = One Man Army. Lastly; I would had much rather shot that traitor but I couldn't. It's just lovely when the game ignores damage to everyone else but me -just out fun shot my own brains out next to Alex, who was having a nice, little chat with that other fella. With a bazooka. Was so sad that made me laugh.

As a rating: 10 - 1 (poor story) -1 (getting player singled out) = 8+ (where + just of the fun factor). Let's round it up to 9 for overalls sake.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 21:09   Link #65
MwyC

http://www.pbase.com/mcn00b100/image/36824993/original

pinning combine to stuff is fun
Old 2004-11-27, 22:49   Link #66
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I just made it to the battle before Nova Prospekt. Give me luck. *tips his hat and dashes off with gun in hand*
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 02:13   Link #67
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
I noticed you could shoot computers apart in CS:S, the HD's come out, the ram, graphics card, motherboard, even the CPU comes out. However, this is not true in HL2, you can shoot them as much as you want and parts never fly out.
Also if you use a sniper rifle and zoom in on the computer monitor you can see the icon for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Been using alot of guns that used to seem crappy that now seem great. Dont even use the awp anymore since scout seems much better than it was. Auto sniper is kind of insane, dont even use that really anymore makes everything freakin easy. I also love this one gun, not sure of the name but you press B 3 4 to buy it lol. In close quarters its devastating since you get 50 shots before you have to reload. Seems like alot more people using pump shotgun nowadays too.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 03:45   Link #68
Umbrae
Generic Human

The only 50 shot gun I can think of off the top of my head is the FN P90. Nice gun actualy. Decent accuracy at short and mid range. High stoping power.

I need to find my picture of a dead terrorist with his head in the computer. . .
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 02:29   Link #69
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I just finished the game! that battle in the citadel was really tough, but I made it somehow.

The game was great, but the load times killed the inmersion the fantastic graphics were able to achieve. They happened too often and too long, at the point of almost wanting to punch my screen.

Now to the deathmath, but Im sure I will suck at it ^^;;
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 03:19   Link #70
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I finished this game a while ago.
Eeffff this game. Worst ending ever, easy as hell on normal, felt like a Half-Life 1 mod.
Did I meantion the worst ending ever?
It was like I was half way through the game, but then Valve decided that's all I was gonna play.
And all the trouble with Steam. I can't believe I bought this crap. Half-Life 2.5/3 is getting downloaded for sure!!
Could have bought Knights of the Old Republic, damnit....
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 03:28   Link #71
me=D
mister smillie

anyone one got any ideas on just what the hell is the gman? he seems more like god right now. well anyways i just finish the game (yes i no im slow had school) well anyways all i got to say is that the last gun is just CRAZY! and over all the game was alot better then hl 1 for me
me=D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 03:44   Link #72
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Ok ok I beat the game and... I didn't get to fight The stalker during the game at all.

And what about item #6 I only got to use the pheromones once on chapter 9. I wasnt able to summon my army of monsters afterwards... So why did the machine keep that item if it was only going to be used once?
Spoiler:

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 11:22   Link #73
Alexcha17
Banned

I just love this game... though it will take me 2 months more b4 I can buy this game
Alexcha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 15:28   Link #74
Ending

HL2 is not that good storywise, but because of the different tactics and diverse situations. C'mon, ask yourself:

-- Who was Gman and for who did he work for?
-- For who did the big-boss-in-the-tower work for and what did he/they want?
-- Why there was a war? Why they had come to subdue humans despite the losses in Black Mesa?
-- Speaking of Mesa, what happened to Gordon afterwards and BEFORE Gman came?
-- Furthermore, where are the aliens themselves? Most of the time you just keep shooting soldiers like in a regular warfare game.

Those are very big holes, if you ask me.
Old 2004-12-07, 23:46   Link #75
aznndave

Send a message via ICQ to aznndave Send a message via AIM to aznndave Send a message via MSN to aznndave
question about half life 2

sorry found the other half life 2 thread.. anyone plz teach me how to delete this thread? thanks

Last edited by aznndave; 2004-12-08 at 00:38.
aznndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:36   Link #76
aznndave

Send a message via ICQ to aznndave Send a message via AIM to aznndave Send a message via MSN to aznndave
ive been thinking about this game lately but i dont have a reason why i should buy it yet...
but after reading this thread, i decided to buy it and ordered it from amazon.com, collector's edition for $59.99 ----> it's a STEAL!!!!
Old 2004-12-08, 03:15   Link #77
MwyC

if you just play through the game, you miss out HUGE chunks
talk to the people, look at the desks, bulletin boards, junk you find around the game
and some questions will be answered
not all...but thats why HL2 is great
you know just as much as gordon does, and that immerses you into his character/game world
Old 2004-12-08, 11:24   Link #78
Ending

@ MwyC

There is no such stuff. Pure and simple. There are no letters, no messages, and the only people even willing to give hints about the plot are those few rebellion characters at checkpoints (where, incidentally, you spend time only enough to hear where you need to go next and grap your hover-boat/buggy).
Old 2004-12-08, 12:43   Link #79
aznndave

i need a recommendation on video card..... price under $150
thanks
Old 2004-12-08, 14:02   Link #80
MwyC

there are
talk to the vortigaunt at one of the checkpoints
he has like..30ish lines of conversation
and the bases do have bits of info lying on the desks and posted on bulletin boards
did you listen to breen's propaganda over the intercom as well? he says quite a bit too
you need to search for the info in this game