AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 16:41   Link #23241
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The RAW is out already? Damn, this is extremely early...

Though from the sounds of it, it seems we're concentrating on the side fights. Which means we won't be getting any form of resolution until next year, at this rate

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 22:13   Link #23242
cyberdemon

Spoiler for 58:
Old 2012-11-01, 03:04   Link #23243
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for ch 58:
Old 2012-11-01, 12:29   Link #23244
Leoncarbon
Tin-Man

Spoiler for spoiler:
Leoncarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 14:01   Link #23245
zibi88

Spoiler for 58:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 15:56   Link #23246
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for ch 58:
Old 2012-11-01, 16:54   Link #23247
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for ch 58:
Spoiler for Chapter 58:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 21:55   Link #23248
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This fight still on-going? Damn... I knew it was going to be a 2 year arc that drags itself out. Oh well, back to ignoring it for another year or so. I used to love the series, but hate the standard shounen action it's become.
Old 2012-11-01, 22:40   Link #23249
X207
Gamyūsa

i must admit my interest in this series has fallen a bit but thats only due to other equally great series releasing chapters more often that RVSE2 ie Beelzebub. RV still remains as one of the top series i love.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 22:55   Link #23250
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i must admit my interest in this series has fallen a bit but thats only due to other equally great series releasing chapters more often that RVSE2 ie Beelzebub. RV still remains as one of the top series i love.
That's pretty much my problem with it. For me, shounen action feels dragged out as it is. Make it a monthly series and I can't tolerate it anymore. Lol. As much as I love the series and characters, I can't watch fights go on for years at a time.
Old 2012-11-01, 23:10   Link #23251
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's pretty much my problem with it. For me, shounen action feels dragged out as it is. Make it a monthly series and I can't tolerate it anymore. Lol. As much as I love the series and characters, I can't watch fights go on for years at a time.
my issues isnt the fights being dragged on, im satisfied with the pace the fights have a its just annoying to wait a month or 2 to see the next part. the release schedule for the series itself is a bit too slow to maintain the top priority manga. i still buy all the RV manga in paper back and will do so until the series does end. read Bleach, Naruto or Akagi, those fight are drawn out to the max. i saw the Akagi anime series. 1 match takes 5 to 9 episodes to conclude and the longest one was the last match to be animated.
Old 2012-11-02, 01:59   Link #23252
Chris38

Spoiler for 58:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 04:31   Link #23253
Voceane

For monthly manga, the problem is the long fight. look at the popularity of Claymore it was good until pieta but after it sunk in the all fight and loose a lot of reader.

Spoiler for 58:
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 08:37   Link #23254
haegar
mangaviking

mh don't agree with the criticism this has decent pacing compared to a lot of other shounen. It really is only the monthly releases that make it a wee bit troublesome. But hey, the artwork is worth it
Old 2012-11-02, 08:49   Link #23255
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

In my opinion,a manga with fights like these needs to be weekly not monthly. It always ends with a cliffhanger and you had to wait another month for it compared to shonen manga where you just need to wait a week. However, it seems the series is still popular as the author is still on hard work on it and not rushing it compared to what happened to air gear.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 09:15   Link #23256
haegar
mangaviking

this would be half as good if at all if done weekly, both in art and plot. we should be thankful even though the wait is a bitch. It's perfectly fine when u go back and read things in a row
Old 2012-11-02, 10:14   Link #23257
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I dunno, I lost more and more interest since the middle of season 2. I think snow village arc was the last I was excited about. I can clearly see there are alot of people here that like this stuff but to me this whole action-oriented style with the usual shonen parts like "Rocky Balboa training phases with Mr. Miyagi, SSJ upgrades, more supervillains than you can count" is not something I'm really excited about, especially if I have to wait 1 month for it.

The action has never been the series's strong point to me anyway so I'm just waiting for (considering it's monthly) way too long arcs to come to some conclusion.

Doesn't necessarily mean RxV has become worse, just means I'm not as interested anymore.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 10:39   Link #23258
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Ironically, its rushing like crazy. As people said, 2 people took out an army of S monsters. Akuha got defeated in 2 chapters, not a year. Ikeda is trying his best to keep up with the tempo, but its hard to do with monthly releases.

People feel like fights are yearly but seriously, at most a fight has been 2 chapters long. Re-read the arc. True fact.

Personally I like how he's playing this out. Of course I'd love some romantic development and the intensity of the arc wears me down at times, but its still prime content and has the R+V magic that I love.

And unlike others, the beginning of series II was much more arduous for me. The snow lady arc was good but really didn't do anything but establish Fairy Tale and Miyabi's dickish-ry. Other than that it was the same introduction, same as the beginning of Season I.

Current chapters have so much more depth, addressing real issues like Tsukune's future (you know, the seal and all?). Moka's family....

...Not growing drops >:I

So personally this series has grown on me, not visa versa. I just think many people are impatient and rightly so.
Old 2012-11-02, 11:56   Link #23259
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Welcome to the world of manga, where you can't have all that you want. If you go for the weekly, then there's only a week wait and the fights seem to get concluded rather quickly... but then the story and artwork suffer (and depending on the mangaka, it's usually the story rather than artwork). On the other hand, if you go for a monthly, sure the wait's a bitch, but the story more than makes up for it, and you also get extremely high quality artwork

But, to each their own... although I will admit that when there's multiple fights going on, monthly tends to suffer more than weekly. However, then you have the monthlies like Pandora Hearts, where it's just mindeff after mindeff each month.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 13:12   Link #23260
X207
Gamyūsa

i dont find too many characters in RV creating too many battles at the same time. its par for the course. i find Bleach (final arch where Ichigo beat Aizen) and Naruto a hard read as they have many more characters to pick fights with. the amount of battles in RV arent too many and they feel as they happen for a clear purpose.

Bleach and Naruto revived the Arrancars and previously killed shinobi twice just to keep the story going to have all characters' a chance to show their skills. that is just sad when you need to resort to that when the manga inherintly has way too many characters. it'll porbably be thier undoing as well. RV has only 6-8 main good characters that need to get into fights. there will be relatives to those characters that will get into sideline fights but they dont keep coming back month after month. Naruto still keeps my interest while the trainwreck of Bleach keeps my interests only due to the absurdity of the arcs.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire