AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-17, 12:57   Link #7381
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Well, it's actually in anticipation of the Fleet Units being player controlled. Also, carrier landings.
In World of Warplanes, those functions are to be expected... so keep your fingers crossed

Unfortunately, I might not want to play WoW, because I was never really good with realistic flight sims.

Though I kick ass in X-Wing, Wing Commander... etc. for some odd reason...

- - - - -

Speaking of which, 8.6 is to be released for dem Europans.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 13:20   Link #7382
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Unfortunately, I might not want to play WoW, because I was never really good with realistic flight sims.

Though I kick ass in X-Wing, Wing Commander... etc. for some odd reason...

- Tak
Unfortunately I don't have any of that fancy equipment anymore, so it's mouse and keyboard arcade flying for me. Also, WT seems to be pretty streamlined as the game still looks quite good and plays pretty smooth even though I have to play at "ultra low graphics". The only thing I've really noticed is that the clouds look funny sometimes. Not even the trees slow me down like they do in WoT.

I played all those X-Wing and T.I.E. Fighter games back in the day. However, for some reason I didn't really care for X-Wing vs. T.I.E. Fighter. My friend still teases me about the Wing Commander incident when I blurted out "OMG! It's HIM!!" when I figured out who the traitor was before they were revealed. :heh"

Endless "Old school" Soul
Old 2013-06-17, 13:46   Link #7383
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Well, it's actually in anticipation of the Fleet Units being player controlled. Also, carrier landings.

Takes me back to the good old days of playing WarBirds, but I had a full setup then. 22 button joystick, full throttle quadrant, metal rudder pedals, and awesome speakers. ~nostalgic~

Endless "Virtual pilot" Soul
Waiting for the tanks and ships myself, but even using just a mouse and keyboard WT's control interface is miles better than WoWP, plus better physics models.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 13:49   Link #7384
Gravitas Free Zone

Due to the hardware limitations that I faced at the time, I did the original X-Wing and the original TIE Fighter with the big clunky Microsoft mouse and practically zero graphics. That got interesting.

Minor highlight reel:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tiger II Steel Wall: Most of it was because the AMX1390 unloaded a clip and a half into me and every single one of them bounced off. I had just tracked it and smushed it into a building; my plan to stay angled properly turned out to be ramming it repeatedly (to keep it tracked) while I reloaded.

And it's important to note that while I still don't like the Tiger II, I have put in enough games in the thing to have at least some competency.

SU-26 game: That's just it, it's a decent game (though I also managed to do the most damage in a Tier 6 game...). So very many things have to align in one's favor to have a good game in a low-tier SPG...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 14:57   Link #7385
Tak

Anyone know when the 15th anniversary is for Wargaming?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-17, 15:19   Link #7386
Sumeragi
Banned

August. I thought you already knew that.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 15:40   Link #7387
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Caernarvon ACQUIRED.

Seems pretty solid armor wise and is a little nippier than the churchills and BP but ugh that 17 pounder... what where they thinking.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 16:10   Link #7388
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
August. I thought you already knew that.
Nope, not at all. I only care what WG is going to be giving us.

Never kept track. Hell, never had one either. I thought the one last year was in celebration for WoT and not WG?

- Tak

Old 2013-06-17, 16:54   Link #7389
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Thats good news... yeah i've played warthunder too with the same username.
Old 2013-06-17, 17:23   Link #7390
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What kind of match did you have to get that much exp out of the B1?
That's the thing; I don't even remember it anymore, but it's right there on my B1's match history. Given how last night I had a match with 5 kills plus spotting damage, and that only gained 1.2-ish exp, I have to assume that along with the kills I got much MUCH more spotting damage or medals.

Frankly I'm even more clueless at how, even now, my Churchill III is STILL the record-holder for my best single instance of unmodified exp, at 2500. What. The. Hell.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-06-17 at 18:43.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 20:02   Link #7391
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

soon the t62a, i will play. then all my tier Xs will prolly be trophy tanks until more ppl actually get tier 10s. or 9s.

I'm Back in the Elites, got commented by a REL-2 clan member at the end

Images

I single handledly took on what was left over with the help of the E-75 sniping from the hills. Save the day thanks to the SP's spaced armor and angle armor. heheh I am NUB! WAHOOO!!!

BAD GAME
Images

Out classed and oh look UTE is in there too.
Images

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-06-17 at 21:32.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 20:26   Link #7392
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Caernarvon ACQUIRED.

Seems pretty solid armor wise and is a little nippier than the churchills and BP but ugh that 17 pounder... what where they thinking.
Upper plate is enough to bounce KT shells approx. 50% of the time at medium range, but the lower plate is only 76mm thick and is worth about 100mm of armor. So it's only good if you are able to hide that lower plate.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 21:09   Link #7393
Pen3

They need to nerf the gold ammo on SP its way too high for a Tier8 that has crazy spaced armor. Only other t8 med with that pen is Indien but there is no armor at all. And how do you spend 100k for a game shooting gold and still have enough credits to buy multiple tier 10s.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 21:21   Link #7394
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
They need to nerf the gold ammo on SP its way too high for a Tier8 that has crazy spaced armor.
Actually they're talking about buffing the Super's gun, as they're going to take away its heavily-armored front plate (and change its angle to boot). SerB gives, Serb taketh away.
Old 2013-06-17, 21:42   Link #7395
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well that sux, they should keep the armor and make the apcr regular ammo, that would have been a better deal... unless its gettin the 105mm.

Images

thats just sad, i'm top tank in a tier 7 game.

I love and hate the SP but i mainly love it, just cuz its like heavy... kinda sad that they will nerf the armor on it, cuz thats its main feature why i got it, the other would be cuz kimi recommended it as my first tier 8.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-06-17 at 22:03.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 21:56   Link #7396
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
They need to nerf the gold ammo on SP its way too high for a Tier8 that has crazy spaced armor. Only other t8 med with that pen is Indien but there is no armor at all. And how do you spend 100k for a game shooting gold and still have enough credits to buy multiple tier 10s.
Just gotta learn where to shoot
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 21:57   Link #7397
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Just gotta learn where to shoot
I know where to shoot but when theyre 250+ meters away and spraying gold at you its hard. Its actually my team mates that worries me when shooting SP than i am.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 22:06   Link #7398
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
I know where to shoot but when theyre 250+ meters away and spraying gold at you its hard.
exactly what i did in the game where i kill 8 ppl and saved the day for my team, I was spraying gold and making shots bounce or miss.

gotta love the SP's armor features... its so easy to make ppl mess up shots when their aiming for the weak spots and their not using gold.

There are a few spots where you can dmg the SP from the front, Machine gun port, optics binocs, turret ring, and the side space armor.
Old 2013-06-17, 22:48   Link #7399
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Hitting a Super Pershing is easy. Hitting a Super Pershing from behind two bushes (meaning you only see the outline, not the weakspots) from more than 200 meters away is challenging.

Have to wonder how Mow feels about the T57 being up for the nerf block, if the 8.7 notes are to be believed.
Old 2013-06-17, 23:28   Link #7400
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

8.7 notes? where are those?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks