AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 01:54   Link #81
Yye1
Wide Right

Flashback of da capo 2 in da capo 3?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 02:54   Link #82
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Only a few towards the end, and are flashbacks in the sense that some weren't shown in the previous game, while only one particular scene was.
Old 2012-08-20, 08:26   Link #83
Yye1
Wide Right

Wat is the flashback.about?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 19:00   Link #84
Balzac
Assistant Professor

They're more of Sakura's flashbacks from her point of view. I hate to be brief, but it is spoiler territory to say more.
Old 2012-09-27, 04:00   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So today's news, marking the release of D.C III 1.3 (which should be available as an update for all existing game purchasers soon), is two new products:

D.C. III Plus (a PSP Port, coming in February 2013)
D.C. III P2 ~Platinum Partner~ (a new work -- not a fandisk, coming in April 2013)

They also announced that the upcoming TV anime will be the same quality as the Game OP, which looked pretty good to me. (I suspected that the game OP was animated by the anime staff in the first place, as it makes sense given the timing.) With the timing of these two game releases, I am thinking that the D.C. III anime may only be one-cour this time (which also isn't surprising to me).
Old 2012-09-27, 07:29   Link #86
Balzac
Assistant Professor

A sequel? Normally I'd classify it a sequel if it's DC IV. My initial bet is this is some new form of "P.C.".

Also, is it still all ages?
Old 2012-09-27, 08:41   Link #87
Mazyrian

P2 may focus exclusively in Hatsune Island, functioning as a sequel.
And if the anime is only one cour, my guess is that it also would be basically about Hatsune Island.
(Not really a fan of those theories, though; I found the Hatsune Island part to be the weakest by far).
Old 2012-09-27, 09:00   Link #88
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I guess that everything was announced in that new livestream that aired hours ago. Which i by the way missed, luckily i can watch that by a timeshift.

edit: might as well record it while watching.
later edit: it's almost 2 hours long >_>'
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:20   Link #89
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
P2 may focus exclusively in Hatsune Island, functioning as a sequel.
And if the anime is only one cour, my guess is that it also would be basically about Hatsune Island.
(Not really a fan of those theories, though; I found the Hatsune Island part to be the weakest by far).
It was the weakest because the meaty section was the magic school stories. They used the Hatsune Island simply to make a link to Sakura's appearance + the dream sections (and the epilogue), I think. Though, I'd prefer a Hatsune Island-game as well. Ricca was so much sweeter during the "present time" . An m-rating would be nice, but on the other hand the h-scenes in Da Capo have been - in retrospec - about average IMHO (maybe route-dependant).
Old 2012-09-27, 09:31   Link #90
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
It was the weakest because the meaty section was the magic school stories. They used the Hatsune Island simply to make a link to Sakura's appearance + the dream sections (and the epilogue), I think. Though, I'd prefer a Hatsune Island-game as well. Ricca was so much sweeter during the "present time" . An m-rating would be nice, but on the other hand the h-scenes in Da Capo have been - in retrospec - about average IMHO (maybe route-dependant).
Actually what I disliked wasn't so much the lack of substance as the extreme harem-esque feeling, with a main character so dense it seemed it was about to collapse unto himself.
More Mikoto would be nice, though.
Old 2012-09-27, 16:01   Link #91
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I'm still going through the game but, I would very much enjoy a sequel about Hatsune Island. I actually felt the opposite about the Magic School, I'm not enjoying it as much because there is too much fantasy for my taste whereas DC 1 & 2 had more of a focus on the slice of life kinda thing.

So far I've finished Sara's route and I'm near the end of Sharuru/Charles story. I was getting annoyed at times when Sara was acting so immature but after we got into what her upbringing is like, It was easy to see why she was like that and it helped me wash away those minor negative feelings towards her. I'll talk about Sharuru's story once I've completed it.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 18:16   Link #92
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

This time Mikoto will get a route!!! (I'm hoping)

Oh man, I need more Sara. Need more Sara. Need more Sara. Sara. Sara....
Old 2012-09-27, 18:19   Link #93
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
This time Mikoto will get a route!!! (I'm hoping)
That would be about the second most awesome thing ever (the first one being a Shiki route).
And speaking of that, maybe also we get to see Shiki in the present day scenario.
Old 2012-09-27, 18:51   Link #94
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
That would be about the second most awesome thing ever (the first one being a Shiki route).
And speaking of that, maybe also we get to see Shiki in the present day scenario.
What would her role even be? An Ojou-sama type? That would sure fit her personality.
Old 2012-09-28, 17:09   Link #95
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
What would her role even be? An Ojou-sama type? That would sure fit her personality.
The devil incarnate (according to otouto Kousuke)

EDIT: Finished Ver1.3. The ultimate battle scenario links together the dream sequences from the prologue, as well as serves as an intro to the Kazamidori Gakuen setting. Aoi's route can be accessed from Weather Vane (choosing the gnilruc practices), along with Elizabeth and Tomoe's scenes. There's also a CG for Mikoto in the prologue. The rhythm game BeatsMeetsGnilruc was surprisingly fun. Sara-chan is so cute!

Images
BeatsMeetsGnilruc
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Micchi; 2012-09-30 at 19:39.
Micchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 10:52   Link #96
Mazyrian

New version on 25th January, in commemoration for the anime

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/sakuhin/...35d/index.html
Old 2012-10-30, 15:17   Link #97
Snuffle
likes cute things

Okay, so I've finished Himeno's and Sharuru's route a while back and finished Rikka's story yesterday. I'll be starting Aoi's story today and hopefully get to finish the whole game by this week.

Rikka's story and character:
Rikka's story was okay, but I don't like her as a character that much... She comes off as just a bit too arrogant for my taste. And hearing her say "souiukoto" so much really got on my nerves.
So now I have question about Rikka.

Spoiler for Rikka route end. SUPER MEGA HYPER SPOIL SPOIL SPOILER:

Himeno's story and character:
For the first half I was so incredibly bored I was near falling asleep. I dunno, it felt like I was reading a watered down version of the common route. But then, the dream stuff starts happening. During those moments, it was pretty interesting but at the same time, it felt a little rushed and forced.
Someone else here said that Yume's story was worse, or something like that. I actually felt the opposite. For Yume we have her gradually broadcasting her romantic interest in the MC, but for Himeno, she came off as someone who was just expressing what a troublesome Nii-san she has. Just my opinion on that.
As a character, she's just there... She doesn't really catch my interest much. Although, it's nice to have her around to do her usual distaste on the MC's behavior like Nemu and Yume.

Spoiler for question about Himeno. WARNING: Hints at Rikka end:

Sharuru's story and character:
Probably my favorite character, maybe tied at #1 with Sara. Lots of fun reading through her story, she's just so darn silly. There's not much I can really say about her, I like her present time and past time personalities. I really enjoyed how she kept expressing how much she loves Kiyotaka, quite the entertainer. Plus I have a soft spot for girls that become clingy like that, just like Sara. If Sharuru is the fun version, Sara is the moe version
Old 2012-10-30, 15:32   Link #98
Mazyrian

Quote:
Spoiler for Rikka route end. SUPER MEGA HYPER SPOIL SPOIL SPOILER:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for question about Himeno. WARNING: Hints at Rikka end:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-30, 15:52   Link #99
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Spoiler:
Okay, maybe I'm getting confused here... I'm gonna have to break your spoiler into sections...
Spoiler for reply to spoiler about Himeno:
Old 2012-10-30, 15:54   Link #100
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Himeno's story and character:
For the first half I was so incredibly bored I was near falling asleep. I dunno, it felt like I was reading a watered down version of the common route. But then, the dream stuff starts happening. During those moments, it was pretty interesting but at the same time, it felt a little rushed and forced.
Someone else here said that Yume's story was worse, or something like that. I actually felt the opposite. For Yume we have her gradually broadcasting her romantic interest in the MC, but for Himeno, she came off as someone who was just expressing what a troublesome Nii-san she has. Just my opinion on that.
As a character, she's just there... She doesn't really catch my interest much. Although, it's nice to have her around to do her usual distaste on the MC's behavior like Nemu and Yume.
That should have been me with the bolded statement. Though, I didn't mean that Yume's route was worse, but more like Yoshiyuki was worse than Kiyotaka in terms of sister-romancing (before becoming a couple that is).

Anyway: I finished the "new" Aoi route of Da Capo's 1.3 patch and was disappointed in how it turned out.
Spoiler for Aoi:

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, sequel, visual novel