AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 02:41   Link #41
burrowowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw
Does the anime follow the manga, or are they different stories?
Extremely similar.
burrowowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 23:54   Link #42
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw
Does the anime follow the manga, or are they different stories?
I wouldn't go so far as to say they are extremely similar. There are some things that happen in the anime that didn't happen in the manga, and likewise there are some things said in the manga that don't happen in the anime.

As an example of each take the anime episode where the class is going on a field trip. In the anime Tenma is constantly trying to think of what to say before she goes and sits next to Karasuma-kun, and seeing this Sawachika intentionally beats her to the punch. In the manga, Tenma doesn't worry about what to say at all and Sawachika unknowingly sits next to Karasuma (or at least there are no signs she did it to piss Tenma off intentionally). Also in the manga Tenma actually does make it to the seat next to Karasuma, but she finds in his place an old man (the bus driver) is sitting there and Karasuma is now driving the bus.

There's just a lot of subtle differences like these thrown all over the place, and a lot of side/minor dialogue is in the manga that isn't in the anime. However, at least from the first volume that mangainc translated they left out nearly all of this side/minor dialogue so you probably won't learn anything new.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 23:36   Link #43
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

SR Needs bumping to keep from clogging the fansub thread

Here's an odd thought. Has anyone converted the Mai-hime Bust size comparison chart to suit the SR girls The pervert in me would find something like this infinately useful. After all, we don't have Imadori's special power for estimating a girl's rack...
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 15:42   Link #44
fun
Yakumo ~~~~~

Send a message via ICQ to fun
Speaking of translation..
In the b06 of the official Chinese version of the 3rd volume of the manga released in Hong Kong,
Spoiler:

oh and I am doing a shameless self promotion here too~ since this thread is different from that thread at fansub subforum..
This is my fansite for School Rumble. Please give me some feedbacks~
http://www.gp3000.net/fun/sr/
fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 15:54   Link #45
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun
Speaking of translation..
In the b06 of the official Chinese version of the 3rd volume of the manga released in Hong Kong,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Here's an odd thought. Has anyone converted the Mai-hime Bust size comparison chart to suit the SR girls The pervert in me would find something like this infinately useful. After all, we don't have Imadori's special power for estimating a girl's rack...
If you list for me every character's name along with a picture for each one, I'd do the whole list.

But yah, the main characters:

Mai: B- / C+
Natsuki: A-
Mikoto: A+

(The higher the smaller)

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-11-12 at 16:05.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 21:10   Link #46
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

School Rumble Manga Released!!

Y-anime has been working hard to get the first Volume of SR scanslated and we just finishd tonight: http://www.yanime.com

I think everyone will agree that this is superior to mangaincs version both in translation and editing job. Even if you already read mangainc SR, I recommend you download this and compare the two. Our version doesn't have missing content and the translations are much, much more accurate. I know this because I did the translation myself. Oh, and ed from dash fansubs translated the first chapter as well, so there's even more reason for you to go d/l it!
Old 2004-11-12, 21:41   Link #47
firstian

Talking

OMG!!! I almost click on yesasia to order the Chinese version! Ever since Ichigo, I've become a scanlation junkie. And now with SR, I'm going to reload manganew every half hour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
School Rumble Manga Released!!

Y-anime has been working hard to get the first Volume of SR scanslated and we just finishd tonight: http://www.yanime.com

I think everyone will agree that this is superior to mangaincs version both in translation and editing job. Even if you already read mangainc SR, I recommend you download this and compare the two. Our version doesn't have missing content and the translations are much, much more accurate. I know this because I did the translation myself. Oh, and ed from dash fansubs translated the first chapter as well, so there's even more reason for you to go d/l it!
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:11   Link #48
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstian
OMG!!! I almost click on yesasia to order the Chinese version! Ever since Ichigo, I've become a scanlation junkie. And now with SR, I'm going to reload manganew every half hour!
Well at least order the Japanese version to support the publisher/author Plus vol 2 has hot Yakumo cover <_<;;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:34   Link #49
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
If you list for me every character's name along with a picture for each one, I'd do the whole list.
Pictures forthcoming [going to see the Incredibles again ], but guessing from biggest to smallest the lineup should be.

Mikoto [big D ]
Itoko [not so big D, but nobody is complaining]
Tae. [Only comment here is Harima-san Baka ]
There's Laura- but only Imadori knows her size for sure.
Eri/Yakumo/Sarah are about the same size.
Akira should come next.
Tenma is second to last.
Poor Karerin at the end.

The rest don't matter

Now, if someone can supply the numbers...
Old 2004-11-12, 22:34   Link #50
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Well at least order the Japanese version to support the publisher/author Plus vol 2 has hot Yakumo cover <_<;;
Damn straight! I've already started working on Volume 2's translation.
Old 2004-11-12, 23:22   Link #51
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Damn straight! I've already started working on Volume 2's translation.
Wow nice! Thanks for the great job on the first volume. Overall I liked this version more than MangaInc's (which I liked a lot already heh). The scans seemed much clearer and I loved the typesetting you did with Yakumo's mind-reading.
The only complaint is that your cover doesn't have Yakumo's pic on the back
Btw, do you welcome feedback on possible editing mistakes for fixing?
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 23:38   Link #52
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
Wow nice! Thanks for the great job on the first volume. Overall I liked this version more than MangaInc's (which I liked a lot already heh). The scans seemed much clearer and I loved the typesetting you did with Yakumo's mind-reading.
The only complaint is that your cover doesn't have Yakumo's pic on the back
Btw, do you welcome feedback on possible editing mistakes for fixing?

??? We have that page too, I guess someone forgot to throw it in the final version. Sorry about that. And yeah, of course we welcome feedback on our work. What self-respecting group wouldn't? Anyways I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 2004-11-12, 23:45   Link #53
Cgoten

Send a message via AIM to Cgoten Send a message via Yahoo to Cgoten
Quote:
We have that page too, I guess someone forgot to throw it in the final version.
Yeah, that someone is me. ^_^;; Eh, I guess I figured no one would miss the back cover, but I guess I was wrong. If I remember, we'll add the full cover image to the download archive once we put School Rumble in there.

As for editing corrections, I'd like to hear them, although I don't think we'll go back and change the releases unless it's something major.
Cgoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 23:52   Link #54
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Keep up the good work, guys! I'm going to download the first volume to see how you guys did, though most likely I'm going to stick with my former scanslation group's Chinese version since they are ahead and that I prefer reading Chinese to English...unless if your quality is extraordinary, that is!
Old 2004-11-13, 00:07   Link #55
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Be sure to check out my translator's notes on some of the character description pages. Especially the last page of chapter 15.... ^_^ Aww hell, for fun I'll post it and put a spoiler:

Spoiler for Clickable thumbnail:

Now is that reader-service or what?!?
Old 2004-11-13, 00:39   Link #56
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Be sure to check out my translator's notes on some of the character description pages. Especially the last page of chapter 15.... ^_^ Aww hell, for fun I'll post it and put a spoiler:

Spoiler for Clickable thumbnail:

Now is that reader-service or what?!?

Honestly, that's a little too much information. Then again, I already have a deathly fear of the Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles

Ah, so hard to find pictures of the girls in profile
Old 2004-11-13, 02:03   Link #57
Cgoten

Send a message via AIM to Cgoten Send a message via Yahoo to Cgoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Honestly, that's a little too much information. Then again, I already have a deathly fear of the Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles

Ah, so hard to find pictures of the girls in profile
If you think that's too much information, see his note for chapter 12. >_<
Cgoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 02:28   Link #58
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgoten
If you think that's too much information, see his note for chapter 12. >_<
I could've gotten nightmares from that had I not been an engineering major!

Superb job, Roots...but please sustain the drive; that's the hard part! Ganbatte, FIGHTO!!!
Old 2004-11-13, 07:20   Link #59
firstian

Oh? I thought those are licensed translations published in Taiwan? Didn't think yesasia sells bootleg stuff. Anyway, I can't read Japanese to save my life, so I'll just wait for yanime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 07:24   Link #60
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstian
Oh? I thought those are licensed translations published in Taiwan? Didn't think yesasia sells bootleg stuff. Anyway, I can't read Japanese to save my life, so I'll just wait for yanime.
Exactly. I got a lot of shit from some American manga readers for only buying Taiwanese publications; guess what, they are official and just as legit as (and in most cases far superior/better/more accurate than) anything translated by those American companies. Besides, why would I buy bootleg manga if I already have the scanslations anyways? ^_^;;

Tags
hige, ojou, school