AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 04:37   Link #31401
Eratas123

How are they going to fight back? Everyone wants to militarize the IS. They'd have to be all over the world.

@ Senpai - Did you get the PM?
Old 2012-05-26, 05:11   Link #31402
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
Hence I nerf it to what could be achieved using the concept to what I think reasonable (no water drill and water whip and... you get the idea ), though the idea about wireless power source is really good I think, so I'll use it. Thank you very much

@ Eras
Let's see, oh there it is.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:26   Link #31403
demino_hellsin
That one guy

they don't stop for one. They just keep going. The longest they rest is until they have enough bullets and the latest of their wounds aren't so bad that they can't run without risking it ripping open.

There wouldn't be too many of them but a sizeable number should exist. 100? working in 5 man cell teams. At the very least there are 20 of them :|

Most of their activities include taking down projects like Silver Gospel via data destruction, materials demolition and such. Though they really aren't making too much of a dent, it's a cause they stick to fighting for. They gather data from various IS researches and determine which ones are far too overkill for their tastes.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-05-26 at 05:45.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:13   Link #31404
Eratas123

Again, they're just pawns being used to stack the deck. Unless they attack different countries at the same time, same extremity, and same fields, they're unintentionally helping someone else in the arms race/power play. Hell, New Vegas shows his well: Unless ou screw over all three main factions, you're indirectly helping another one when you do missions that hurt a specific faction.
Old 2012-05-26, 06:31   Link #31405
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It reminded me of COMSTAR from Battletech really, deliberately sabotaging five existing nation to keep status quo.
Old 2012-05-26, 06:53   Link #31406
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's why they make sure to keep tabs on every one of the powers. It's much like gardening. If one branch strays too far, cut it.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:01   Link #31407
Eratas123

Nobody's that strong, unless you plan to make an ancient conspiracy. The only org so far that can semi-realistically keep tabs on all the Powers are the Patriots in MGS4, and they had NANOMACHINES! to help them. No 100 men can do it unless you break story laws and give them things that makes them OP.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:02   Link #31408
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Which then got corrupted and turn into a fanatical organization imposing leash on everyone from the shadow...

No, seriously, that will happen. Maybe in a grimmified sequel

@ Eras
COMSTAR is not anymore powerful than other five nations. The catch? they're the only faction who had access to FTL communication. In a world where you need 6 days to recharge your warp drive, that's like having a radio communication in an island where everyone still use horsedrawn courier.

In this case, Demi's OC faction has the highest information power, assuming Tabane don't meddle with their business

EDIT: I do agree 100 men is too little, make it at least tens of thousands, better hundreds of thousands.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:11   Link #31409
Eratas123

There's a difference between having access to info and being capable of using it. I could be the one who has all knowledge of everything, but I'm still a 17 year old with no way to properly use most of that.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:16   Link #31410
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The fact of the matter is that they have the information and they lack manpower. They know that and it's a major plot point.

These were supposed to be the guys willing to hire Madoka who just took out 5 of their men >.>

EDIT: Maybe 500? they're supposed to be a mutineering battalion that went AWOL.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:19   Link #31411
Eratas123

It's your choice. I've said my piece, do what you want.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:27   Link #31412
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Hmm..... so Endothermic is not just Heat absorbing reaction....

Oh well, anyway what I mean was the nanomachine absorb heat to provide additional power to themselves....

For the freezing effect to work, it need large quantity of them.

Their main function is actually not to freeze things (even though they are often use as such).... Freezing effect just happen a side-effect.... when the nanomachine do their job as a bridge to extend DreamCatcher's special ability's range....

edit:
Btw, the freezing effect don't work on IS......
Old 2012-05-26, 07:51   Link #31413
greedyspectator

@Demi:
Ah, politics and diplomacy, my former interests (and I'm still interested, too).
Hypothetically, let's say:
A- a superpower
B- another superpower, hostile to A
C- a medium power allied with A
D- Another medium power allied with B
E- A medium-strength neutral country

The equilibrium between powers is... highly volatile. It is never in one superpower's interests to only be as strong as the other superpower. Superpowers also tend to hate neutral powers (Indonesia during the cold war, etc). For example, in the Peloponnesian War, both A & B (Sparta and Athens) decided that the situation was a lot more stable if there weren't any Es around, and generally went about destroying them. And the ones who started and restarted the war between A and B were usually the Cs and Ds, like for example Corinth, who figured out the worse of A and B are, the better off the medium powers...

Generally, it does not matter how many superpowers there are. The weak neutral powers always get hunted down and crushed. If you still want to have an organization that lacks manpower trying to balance out power, however, you should take cues from countries that were successful in keeping the balance, such as Venice during the Renaissance (Keeping Spain and the Ottoman Empire balanced out).
Old 2012-05-26, 08:02   Link #31414
Eratas123

Marvel Heroes VS IS. Who'd win
Old 2012-05-26, 08:15   Link #31415
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sentry would rip them apart. No questions asked. And I'd pity the fool who gets within grabbing range of the hulk.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:25   Link #31416
Eratas123

You mean like the pilot from the Avengers?

"Stay as far away as possible and fire!"

"Okay!"

*Moves closer and fires within spitting distance of the Hulk*.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:28   Link #31417
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah... kinda like that.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:35   Link #31418
Eratas123

Adventure time is weird..... It feels like an odd blend of school RPG and post apocalypia
Old 2012-05-26, 09:00   Link #31419
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's random. You'll get used to it.

Anyone here played megaman zero?
Old 2012-05-26, 09:24   Link #31420
Eratas123

Only the X series.

Side note - The Lich King is pretty monstrous for a kids cartoon.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest