Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-09-09, 19:34   Link #21
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Well I always liked Esther from Tanaka but shame people hate her just cuz she isnt virgin... it seems like this story's Esther might have a chance? lol
People dislike her bec she dumped her lover for a bigger dick not because of virginity.
Old 2019-09-09, 20:31   Link #22
kurosa

@sasabit

Many people hate her due to diffenret reasons.

Some are hipocrats who hate her for being a "slut" (had sex only one time) but you don see that same people throwing shit to Allen (a manwhore) or Sophie (sluttier).
Other problem that I saw a lot in manga threads is because readers believe she cheat on him (Threesome) despite them not being a couple.
Some (Me included) hate the attitude she had with Tanaka at the beginning, but it doesn't mean that you have to keep hating her when she already changed. I actually like Esther when she is not stupid bitch (attitude).
Some hate her just because she dump Allen.

@Kuroageha

Quote:
People dislike her because she dumped her lover for a bigger dick not because of virginity.
What? No, she didn't dump Allen 'cause Tanaka is bigger, she blushed when she saw his dick because she was embarrassed like any girl would do or a boy would do if they saw a pussy, that's a normal reaction it doesn't mean she fell for him.

She even stated in her diary how she fell in love with Tanaka.

Spoiler:

The reasons that make her fall for Tanaka were:

- Kindness (She as the someone who has been taught all her life to act perfect (Like any noble girl) and needs approbation (As we can see in her attitude with her dad) became a hindrance -hostage- yet he refused to leave her and never blame her, swore to ever be by her side no matter.)

- Admiration (She like Fahren admires magic)

- Bravery (Where other doubt or were afraid, he acted even risking his own safety (Wyvern).)

- Every man she met always told her that she was beautiful and that they loved her so her perspective of love was dull and hollow and never felt what meant to be truly loved or being in love (I'm used to being loved, it's normal to be told that they love me because I am the daughter of a great family of the nobility. It was always like this.)

As she said (What I feel for Allen is a fundamentally different emotion) it's because what she feels for him is just passion, what she liked about him it's just his appearance just like how 95% of all girls in this serie react towards Allen (Cyan, Sofia, her classmates, commoner girls in High Orc attack, every single woman in fitzclarence party, etc.)

Allen was just the chad in school that every girl had a crush and later appears a guy that makes them forget about him.

Last edited by kurosa; 2019-09-09 at 22:24.
kurosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-09, 22:39   Link #23
SillyPudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosa View Post
@sasabit

Many people hate her due to diffenret reasons.

Some are hipocrats who hate her for being a "slut" (had sex only one time) but you don see that same people throwing shit to Allen (a manwhore) or Sophie (sluttier).
Other problem that I saw a lot in manga threads is because readers believe she cheat on him (Threesome) despite them not being a couple.
Some (Me included) hate the attitude she had with Tanaka at the beginning, but it doesn't mean that you have to keep hating her when she already changed. I actually like Esther when she is not stupid bitch (attitude).
Some hate her just because she dump Allen.

@Kuroageha

What? No, she didn't dump Allen 'cause Tanaka is bigger, she blushed when she saw his dick because she was embarrassed like any girl would do or a boy would do if they saw a pussy, that's a normal reaction it doesn't mean she fell for him.

She even stated in her diary how she fell in love with Tanaka.

Spoiler:

The reasons that make her fall for Tanaka were:

- Kindness (She as the someone who has been taught all her life to act perfect (Like any noble girl) and needs approbation (As we can see in her attitude with her dad) became a hindrance -hostage- yet he refused to leave her and never blame her, swore to ever be by her side no matter.)

- Admiration (She like Fahren admires magic)

- Bravery (Where other doubt or were afraid, he acted even risking his own safety (Wyvern).)

- Every man she met always told her that she was beautiful and that they loved her so her perspective of love was dull and hollow and never felt what meant to be truly loved or being in love (I'm used to being loved, it's normal to be told that they love me because I am the daughter of a great family of the nobility. It was always like this.)

As she said (What I feel for Allen is a fundamentally different emotion) it's because what she feels for him is just passion, what she liked about him it's just his appearance just like how 95% of all girls in this serie react towards Allen (Cyan, Sofia, her classmates, commoner girls in High Orc attack, every single woman in fitzclarence party, etc.)

Allen was just the chad in school that every girl had a crush and later appears a guy that makes them forget about him.
I think its more of a projection kind of thing which I totally get. You assume a girl was into this guy (she's taken if you will), then all of a sudden she says shes into you. What does that say about her? We know she's not that bad because we can read into her inner thoughts. But if this happened in real life? I wouldn't know what to think of it except to feel sorry for the other guy who got dumped cuz he's a genuinely nice guy. Her situation is rather hard and I don't blame other guys for not liking her.
SillyPudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 00:09   Link #24
kurosa

Quote:
I think its more of a projection kind of thing which I totally get. You assume a girl was into this guy (she's taken if you will), then all of a sudden she says shes into you. What does that say about her? We know she's not that bad because we can read into her inner thoughts. But if this happened in real life? I wouldn't know what to think of it except to feel sorry for the other guy who got dumped cuz he's a genuinely nice guy. Her situation is rather hard and I don't blame other guys for not liking her
Let's use the IRL example as you said.

Let's say you had start dating one of the most beautiful girls in school (no deep feelings just sexual attraction like Esther), you and her don't share any intereset (magic in Esther's case) you just start hanging around for the last few months (IIRC Tanaka, orc mission was one of Esther's first adventures) like you could do with any person, then a new girl moves to your block, you met her in the store, you start talking, became friends, etc.

She's superb in the things you like (Magic), you admire her and even want to be more like her (Tanaka's fireball), suddenly you realized you developed feelings for her. Are you not allowed to want to be with her? Would you not just end the relationship and then try to go for the girl you really like?

Damn you even catch your gf (Allen) cheat you with your friend (Sophie) yet you are the bad one for breaking up?

Again Esther-haters are hypocrites.

The problem is author make it way to rushed and everything in front of Allen and that sucks as readers tend to reflect themselves with characters, but as you said we know Esther didn't have any bad intention she just said I want to be this guy and I don't want to wait.

Last edited by kurosa; 2019-09-10 at 00:33.
kurosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 08:25   Link #25
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You took the bigger dick metaphor literally dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyPudding View Post
I think its more of a projection kind of thing which I totally get. You assume a girl was into this guy (she's taken if you will), then all of a sudden she says shes into you. What does that say about her? We know she's not that bad because we can read into her inner thoughts. But if this happened in real life? I wouldn't know what to think of it except to feel sorry for the other guy who got dumped cuz he's a genuinely nice guy. Her situation is rather hard and I don't blame other guys for not liking her.
It doesn't help Allen is friends with Tanaka which is a bro codex violation going after your friend's ex/girl.

Anyway, ending it here, this isn't Tanaka thread. Keep it on it's respective thread.
Old 2019-09-13, 21:31   Link #26
SillyPudding

So I really hate the cool guy
Spoiler for the cool guy at school:
Old 2019-09-16, 00:54   Link #27
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just read what's translated of this. It's decent and I found Nishino a surprisingly deep and sympathetic character. My main gripe with this is that the riajuu in this series is beyond dumb and seem to only exist to act like assholes to Nishino.

For those that have read the raws does Nishino have better luck with girls that are not Rose or naw? Also any type of spoiler people are interested in sharing would be nice.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 01:59   Link #28
Velox0blivio

Rose and the silver hair loli is the only one confirmed.
Latest raw seems like Francisca has proposed a business marriage.
Class pres seem to show "hints", but... tbd

There was also a girl(Igarashi?) from the part-time job that might've turned into something real... but it's probably a one-shot for that volume
Velox0blivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 15:56   Link #29
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Having read the batch of updates I have to say I sincerely pray for the author this work is never ever adapted to anime.
Author seriously shot himself in the foot by pulling an Ume so early on with Shimizu.

For reference Ume is a character from Ben-to, a series animated by David Productions. Tldr she was a bitch that physically beat the shit out of MC for no reason. When ep9 came to the anime there was a massive backslash from the audience that affected the series' pre sales for all of it's merchandising to the point it bend the author to basically rewrite Ume's character in the LN.

Here it's worse in comparison and I doubt the audience would forgive Nishino compared to Satou.
Old 2019-09-17, 16:55   Link #30
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Having read the batch of updates I have to say I sincerely pray for the author this work is never ever adapted to anime.
Author seriously shot himself in the foot by pulling an Ume so early on with Shimizu.

For reference Ume is a character from Ben-to, a series animated by David Productions. Tldr she was a bitch that physically beat the shit out of MC for no reason. When ep9 came to the anime there was a massive backslash from the audience that affected the series' pre sales for all of it's merchandising to the point it bend the author to basically rewrite Ume's character in the LN.

Here it's worse in comparison and I doubt the audience would forgive Nishino compared to Satou.
I don't really see the comparison between Ume and Shimizu unless you're talking about something after volume 2.

In Ume's case she was meant to be a gag character. She's the "hahaha look at this violent jealous lesbian chick abusing the MC. So funny XD" type of character similar to Kuroko from To Aru. Her issue was always that for a gag character she was hopelessly unfunny and she had no other notable qualities or backstory, or even interesting character dynamcis in the anime for the audience to cheer for or even hate unlike Kuroko who had some other qualities besides being a crazy lesbian chick. Basically if you're just a gag character with no other traits and you're not funny, there's no point in your character existing.

In Shimizu's case her beating the MC was played for drama. Before that she was a bitch but she didn't physically abuse the MC until that incident involving the money combined with how (from her perspective) the MC was only getting the the way of her cultural festival which caused her to snap. Her beating the Nishino who is usually so unflappable, is treated as something serious instead of something meant to be laughed off and for good or bad it also represents a change in character dynamics between the two after Nishino convinced her to stop. Don't get me wrong, I still hate her character (especially when she didn't show any remorse for wrongfully beating Nishino) but unlike anime Ume I could understand why her character exists.

I don't disagree with you on the premise that her character and the scene in general will be hated if it got adapted into a anime but it won't be for the same reason as Ume.
Old 2019-09-17, 17:45   Link #31
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

No. Your comparison is the one wrong.

Kuroko is never seen trying to get on Touma's life nor she harbours Malice towards him for petty reasons.
She is the perverted friend Mikoto has blown up to eleven.

Ume was a poor attempt of a gag character that author made more intense and got a huge backslash because it want funny at all.

My comparison to Shimizu was the pointless malice that ends as bullying isn't meant to be funny here or if it was the author utterly failed.

Back to my main point: Ume was hated for pointless violence and Shimizu will be hated even more because she has worse traits on her.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2019-09-17 at 18:12.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 21:03   Link #32
Velox0blivio

It's fine, Shimizu will get some character dev when the out sea trip arc comes around. Nishino's existence will further make her question her social standing and her understanding. Plus, she even let him sleep in the same bed as him.
Old 2019-09-17, 21:21   Link #33
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Ofc she will because Rose has her wrapped around her finger. She no longer has freedom.
Old 2019-09-17, 22:06   Link #34
SillyPudding

Quote:

Kuroko is never seen trying to get on Touma's life nor she harbours Malice towards him for petty reasons.

Ume was a poor attempt of a gag character that author made more intense and got a huge backslash because it want funny at all.

My comparison to Shimizu was the pointless malice that ends as bullying isn't meant to be funny here or if it was the author utterly failed.

Back to my main point: Ume was hated for pointless violence and Shimizu will be hated even more because she has worse traits on her.
Yea, I completely agree that Shimuzu will be extremely hated if that is animated. Doesn't matter if she gets better later on. For no reason, she hits him until his teeth fly out and states to herself it doesn't matter if Nishino is innocent or not as she just wants to protect her rank in the class caste.
Old 2019-09-18, 01:58   Link #35
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:

Reading this made me smile a lot. I hate Ume so much from Ben to. I skipped all her scenes.
But author rewrite her character? Wow. Too little too late
Old 2019-09-18, 03:32   Link #36
Velox0blivio

hmmm... we'll see? Class pres interaction to Nishino gets alot less after volume 4 (trip arc). I do foresee her coming back after the current latest raw (volume 8 i think?) though.

Volume 2, is basically trying to paint the picture of how rock bottom Nishino is in terms of the school hierarchy, and that Nishino is actually pretty damn smart... even more so when he tries. It's really there to show that even though he tries so hard in the background, his social standing still doesn't improve (but he'll still keep on trying). Hell, throughout the story he'll always put his classmate safety above all else even though they treat him like crap, which kinda net him the silver hair loli's heart even though she's a lesbo (you'll see the line from color illus.)

Shimizu will get a bit of a stance in the underworld thanks to the community she created for her... "dance video", and she'll also get connected to Francisca due to it. Ah, but she's definitely a b!tch in Volume 2. You're supposed to get the "haha serves you right, asshole" feel when finished reading it as you discover Rose is actually madly in love with Nishino.
Old 2019-09-18, 03:33   Link #37
CNine
Inactive Member

From adult PoV, It's hard to understand the sentiment in This novel.
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-18, 09:07   Link #38
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's quite hard to feel empathy towards Nishino because for someone who wants to be normal he does the extreme opposite.
Old 2019-09-18, 11:56   Link #39
Log

Quote:

IIRC Kuroko calls Touma a ape (or something like that), insults him for little reason and has hit him several times. I would call that malice for petty reasons.

Quote:

My point is that Shimizu is designed to be hated unlike Ume who is designed to be funny. You weren't suppose to read volume 1/2 and think that Shimizu was a likable character.

Quote:
It's quite hard to feel empathy towards Nishino because for someone who wants to be normal he does the extreme opposite.
I don't get the impression from volume 1/2 that he wanted to be normal. He wants to experience romance with a girl but he seems pretty content with his life in the underworld and doesn't try to get out of it.
Old 2019-09-18, 13:12   Link #40
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Here is MF Bunko's special page for it : https://mfbunkoj.jp/special/nishino/

Here is the character relationship chart :

Spoiler for image:
what do the colors mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyPudding View Post
Holy crap, it took awhile but
Spoiler for future event:
what chapter? anyone?

Last edited by cabman11; 2019-09-18 at 13:47.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mc with mob face, mc with special powers, underestimated mc, yandere main heroine