AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 20:28   Link #61
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Uh, I restrict the superplanes to those that were actually planned, or something which is doable. Like what Wild Goose said, the planes in Yukikaze novels are more or less looked like modified F-15's (which would probably offer a nice alternative as an upgrade path to the Eagles, since you need to convince the Earth government that this whole project was doable). I'll try NOT to bring Ace Combat superplanes (especially the fan favourites like the Wyvern and co). Even if they did, they would appear as adversaries coming from the organization.

Organizations like those were probably modeled closely after Ace Combat's A World With No Boundaries, except that they are much, much more daring. And they would probably work under the banner of PMCs as a cover, so, SCREW THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT would be something they would usually do. Level of technology would exceed that of the militaries.

For the mud-moving guys, their upgrade path (provided that it is the Super Tomcat) would be internal upgrades to bring it to the projected Attack Super Tomcat 21, but without any serious external changes, and probably newer technologies (they already have AESA radar and upgraded avionics by then). However, it was mostly an engine upgrade (the specs I've posted in the previous page was after the engine upgrade).

Now, for something else...

Spoiler for Su-33BM Flanker-D of the Orussian Naval Aviation:

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-07 at 08:43.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:42   Link #62
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And in other news:

...check out what Ghazghkull found.
Old 2008-10-07, 08:57   Link #63
kct

That was fast...in during 'oh how the mighty have fallen'.
Old 2008-10-07, 09:13   Link #64
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I dunno, the whole squadron against 1, and they still didn't take her down for the count? I'd say that while the odds are against Nanoha right now, as soon as her backup shows up, the odds are evened and fireworks will really start flying.

Still, I do wonder who would win in a fight like this...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 09:45   Link #65
kct

We would lose. Seriously, something like this is just waiting to appear out of nowhere. And of course, people love to portray Nanoha as the winner, but she would probably cede to something like flying Witches soon enough.
Old 2008-10-07, 12:00   Link #66
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Spoiler for My two cents:

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:44   Link #67
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Spoiler for My two cents:
Dogfights! Oh man, that program had me glued to the screen in Canada, and made me growl in frustration by the fact that we don't have history channel over here.

... which in turn makes me wonder why I never bothered to 'tube it before.

*goes of to stream dogfights while writing profiles*
Old 2008-10-07, 17:57   Link #68
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Double post, I know, but yay for first profile finished!

Spoiler for A familiar face:

Heavy Beta version, obviously. Image is subject to edits to de-nanohafy it, but it was the most badass Keroko image I had. Chalk it up to custom armor for now. Credit goes to Mercurianangel, who allowed me to edit her art in the first place.

I thought of making her Karlslander at first, then with her name I figured she'd be better fit as a Fuso (considering Keroko is actually spellable in Japanese, or so I found out), but because of her obsession with guns, speed and war she ended up being Liberion.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-20 at 07:17.
Old 2008-10-07, 18:23   Link #69
kct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Dogfights! Oh man, that program had me glued to the screen in Canada, and made me growl in frustration by the fact that we don't have history channel over here.

... which in turn makes me wonder why I never bothered to 'tube it before.

*goes of to stream dogfights while writing profiles*
Hahahahaha. A note though, it is interesting to see how two similar, yet different aircraft designs (delta for the IAI Nesher, and tailed delta for the MiG-21) battled. Not to mention this took place in an era of transitions (modern HUD just appeared on some fighters like the F-15A).

Of course, I thought I am looking at a gameplay video of Wings Over Israel.

Also, a Meteor? That seems to be an interesting choice.

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-07 at 18:37.
Old 2008-10-07, 18:34   Link #70
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull

I'm sorry to say but....she seems bloody well akin to an Ork from WH40K XD

It's all about the noise.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 18:47   Link #71
kct

And there is something else. At the rate it is going Keroko is going to be involved in a game of one-upmanship against Charlotte. In terms of the speed game.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I might not write about present-day modern Witches (yet), although I would backdate to Vietnam first. Imagine F-100 Super Sabre Strikers, Swinging Sixties (going into the Seventies), Elvis, feminist movements, the passing of all-gun fighters, and of course, "the triumph of thrust over aerodynamics".

Transitional eras are awesome.

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-07 at 22:09.
Old 2008-10-08, 01:56   Link #72
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Also, a Meteor? That seems to be an interesting choice.
I always planned on giving Keroko a jet-type Striker, but after she became a Liberion Witch, giving her an Me 262 felt kinda awkward, so I searched for what the first jet on the allied side was, which turned out to be the Meteor. It may not be as fast as the Me 262, but its still able to pump out a good 660 KM/H when stock (780 when the F3 becomes available). With Keroko's modding you can add a good 100 KM/H on to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post

I'm sorry to say but....she seems bloody well akin to an Ork from WH40K XD

It's all about the noise.
I might have been reading the Ork Codex from cover to cover the last week.

You won't see her charging into battle screaming WAAAGH on the top of her lungs though (well, you will see the charging...) anyway, I've been mostly trying to capitalize on the Ork's love for war, speed and loud noises. The bare basics, really.

Quote:
And there is something else. At the rate it is going Keroko is going to be involved in a game of one-upmanship against Charlotte. In terms of the speed game.
Very true, though Shirley has her beat in that department for now. Keroko has yet to break the sound barrier.

Quote:
EDIT: After thinking about it, I might not write about present-day modern Witches (yet), although I would backdate to Vietnam first. Imagine F-100 Super Sabre Strikers, Swinging Sixties (going into the Seventies), Elvis, feminist movements, the passing of all-gun fighters, and of course, "the triumph of thrust over aerodynamics".

Transitional eras are awesome.
Feminist movements would have gotten a massive morale boost because of the Witches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Apparently I've lost twice to Keroko at speed.
That's because I've got more red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
First profile of Strike Wizard: Miasma of War
Spoiler for Another familiar face:
I added the quotes after seeing Erin and Keroko having them.
A tanker with the option to quick-switch to fury? The eagle familiar is a nice tough though, there aren't any bird familiars as far as I know.

The last quote seems to contradict his non-hotblood nature though.
Old 2008-10-08, 02:55   Link #73
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for submission for a character:

I wonder if this is acceptable.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-10-08 at 03:21.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 03:49   Link #74
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I always planned on giving Keroko a jet-type Striker, but after she became a Liberion Witch, giving her an Me 262 felt kinda awkward, so I searched for what the first jet on the allied side was, which turned out to be the Meteor. It may not be as fast as the Me 262, but its still able to pump out a good 660 KM/H when stock (780 when the F3 becomes available). With Keroko's modding you can add a good 100 KM/H on to that.
Don't forget the red paint job.

Quote:
I might have been reading the Ork Codex from cover to cover the last week.

You won't see her charging into battle screaming WAAAGH on the top of her lungs though (well, you will see the charging...) anyway, I've been mostly trying to capitalize on the Ork's love for war, speed and loud noises. The bare basics, really.
Keroko uses turbo-boosting to give her a cover save while assaulting into range and attack Neuroi rear armor? If the Neuroi could speak, they'd be crying cheese now.

Quote:
Feminist movements would have gotten a massive morale boost because of the Witches.
The 70s are gonna be so fun; 'Nam and a chance to work with names like Jenna McCain and Jolene Kerry.

It would be interesting to work on the next Neel for that generation. And arm him with the YA-10 Thunderbolt II!

Quote:
That's because I've got more red.
Damn j00 un da red paint job!!! D:

Quote:
A tanker with the option to quick-switch to fury? The eagle familiar is a nice touch though, there aren't any bird familiars as far as I know.
That's about surmises it I guess. He's good at manipulating barriers, the solid all-metal construction of the P-47 gives a lot of durability, and he is not shy of Intervening, so we have tanking tendencies. He counts as Arms with the naginata, and Fury when going Sword of Honor + .45 Magnum.

I guess it's cos Birds of Prey aren't considered symbols of Moe, even though they really fit with fighter craft.

Quote:
The last quote seems to contradict his non-hotblood nature though.
Latent hotblood instead of being completely cool-headed. So there will be situations where he'd be screaming, like while slicing through a Gadget Drone flying cuttlefish 3 times his size.

@Pfan: Looks good. We now have our squadron commander, flight leader, and resident hot-head. Just need to fill the rest of the moe archetypes.
Old 2008-10-08, 04:05   Link #75
Aaron008R

And then suddenly...

Spoiler for ;p:

Yes, I watched Strike Witches.
Yes, I liked it.
Yes, I'm completing the three OC Aces here as well by porting in my OC from the Nanoha OC thread.

Why? Blame Keroko for the indirect push to make me start watching.

*RUNS!!!*

P.S. Kha, Keroko. Mind if our OC's personally know each other?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-10-08 at 10:49.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:12   Link #76
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

You said it. By his rank, Kirby can be 2IC of the contingent from Liberion, so I don't see why not. Him clashing with Keroko over tactics will give mucha sparks, and Almaria fits the stealth yandere archetype. And I must also mention that Setsuna F Seiei AKA Aurion Dauer is part of the mechanic team maintaining Kirby's experimental equipment.

Now if we can get 1 more person, we can rebuild the ATX Team! After all, Kirby channels a little bit of Kyosuke, Keroko fits as Excellen, and Almaria works as Kusuha. Either Klan Klein or Kyonko need to apply for the role of Bullet.

I might need to adjust Kirby's age and rank; all the girls are older than him, and the last thing I want is people to mistake him for Negi! Other than that, everything is going according to plan.

*edit: Maybe we have Anita de Saint-Exupery and the P-38 for that 4th position. After all, Lightning and Thunderbolts do go together.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-10-08 at 04:51.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:08   Link #77
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Nice to see that people posted thier first profile already.
And great having some old characters SW style.

I will use this post to link to my profiles.

Karlsländer Luftwaffe:

Fuso Imperial Army Air Service:

Written Stuff:

Profiles and images here are still WIP and will be deleted as soon they are finished.

Spoiler for Rin Shuriyama - Fuso Strike Witch:

Last edited by Kyral; 2008-11-01 at 08:11.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:20   Link #78
kct

Quote:
Except that speed is nothing if maintenance is horrifying, something the Meteor doesn't suffer compared to the Me-262.

Spoiler for 2nd Lt. Elizabeth “Fireball” Robinson:

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-25 at 08:14.
Old 2008-10-08, 13:50   Link #79
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@Kha: I just realized an issue with this character. Air Vice Marshal is basically as senior as a 3-stars and they would have their assigned numbered Air Force (constituting several wings or air bases). A wing commander would be lower ranked than this...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:09   Link #80
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Version 1, some more info needed.

Spoiler for ”Profile:

A few notes:
• 4th Strike Squadron is a fictional squadron I made up to fit into the Suomus Air Force. Same goes for the commander and the rest of the members. They work in a slightly different way than a regular Strike Squadron (I think).

• I’m not so sure about her stealth “Spell” power. I’m looking for something similar to a camouflage technique, if this won’t fit. Maybe some kind of optical illusion simulating the sky or something could work. Anything that makes her less visible and that can use magic.

• Of the little canon info I have and understand, Baltland has not been invaded by Neuroi, because of Suomus stopping them from the east. If anyone else has any other info regarding the status of Baltland it would be appreciated.

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2008-10-09 at 17:13.
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote