AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-21, 18:23   Link #121
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Kind of wondering how long they can maintain the plot of miyata in a weight class that's destroying him. (likely as long as is necessary for the plot)
I think when Ippo and Miyata fight again... If Ippo wins (almost sure of it), he will move to the world stage (facing Martinez). Miyata then could move up to the next category.
Old 2009-02-23, 11:29   Link #122
AnimeFangirl

I do not, do not, DO NOT WANT to see Ippo and Miyata fight again.

First off, that would that make the past 100 chapters meaningless. If all Miyata had to do to fight Ippo was beat RBJ, why waste our time with the "Goodbye Ippo", "Goodbye Miyata" scenes?

Secondly, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how weak Miyata is because he's fighting in a weight class he doesn't belong in. I won't be able to enjoy the beatdown Ippo gives him because I'll know he's fighting against a gimped Miyata. Perhaps Miyata can move up to Aoki's class. Imae wouldn't stand a chance.

Thirdly, I find Miyata's boxing boring. A few rounds of him beating his opponent beautifully, a few rounds of him being beaten on, one counter punch, the end. Either that or he just dominates all the way through. Also his stubborn, stand-offish personality is exceedingly unattractive to me. I don't want to see him taking up more space in HnI with the long lead-up to a fight with Ippo, then a long fight, then the post fight... If that happens, I really will stop reading this manga.

Finally, it's about time Ippo got a new rival. We haven't been able to take any of his opponents seriously since the Sawamura fight way back in volume 50-something. If not against RBJ, I want to see Ippo take on somebody new and exciting and pump some new blood into the series.
Old 2009-02-23, 15:17   Link #123
kakakka

If RBJ lose, I dunno how Ippo is going to fight him.
With Gendo (is that the bald Philippino's name?) warning, I thought they would fight sooner of later.

If Miyata wins, then They are going to introduced new opponent since Miyata won't surely fight Ippo ever in near future.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 05:28   Link #124
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

i don't remember the name but I think that mexican guy that beat date is more of an ultimate opponent for ippo than miyata ever could be.
Old 2009-02-24, 07:04   Link #125
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Richardo Martinez is beyond...his face wasn't even damaged in the Date fight and he beats opponents to a bloody plup. Even Ippo's Dempsy Roll was just jabbed by REGULAR lefts.
Old 2009-02-24, 09:07   Link #126
Fran~
floating away...

That's why i told that before, the ultimate opponent IS Martinez. Ippo must defeat RBJ or Miyata to enter to the world stage. So, it's simple: Ippo must face Miyata for Plot's Sake, so, to me, Miyata will defeat RBJ and then comes Ippo.
Old 2009-02-24, 18:30   Link #127
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That's why i told that before, the ultimate opponent IS Martinez. Ippo must defeat RBJ or Miyata to enter to the world stage. So, it's simple: Ippo must face Miyata for Plot's Sake, so, to me, Miyata will defeat RBJ and then comes Ippo.
I don't know.
After reading Ch844(yeah it's already out) I wonder if Miyata will stay within the same weight class.
I believe that both Miyata and Ippo will want to fight each other regardless of title but they also want to fight at best condition.
Miyata simply cannot fight at his best condition within the feather weight limit and is painfully obvious that Miyata if wanting to go further up the world champion league will have to decide to step up a weight class.

The best scenario for Miyata if he wins is to relinquish his OPBF feather weight champion title and challenge the OPBF junior light weight champion.If it's a challenge from another OPBF champ then I do not think the OPBF junior light weight champion can refuse.
Ippo will then be the first in line to challenge for OPBF feather weight champion title fighting against an unknow opponent.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 20:06   Link #128
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i thought that Mashiba was going to challange for OPBF junior light weight champion.
Old 2009-02-24, 20:19   Link #129
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i thought that Mashiba was going to challange for OPBF junior light weight champion.
He is making Sendo's words more meaningful.
"Some people are destined to fight each other"
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 20:20   Link #130
kakakka

So... there might be Mashiba vs. Miyata again?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 20:57   Link #131
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

this is all speculation. the manga is built on Miyata vs Ippo round 3. they will fight. it could be that they both go for the feather weight but, end up going for different belts. Ippo for the WBC which i think Martinez has and Miyata for the other i think the WBA???(not sure). then they could have a unification match. to settle it once and for all.

the manga could even do what TV shows do. when the manga has to finish they could do time skip and have it so that one of them is winning the world title just now and the other has already won it. then they finally have there destined match.
Old 2009-02-25, 05:31   Link #132
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

i'll admit that at one point the manga may have been built on a miyata vs ippo showdown, but we are 840+ chapters, 85+ volumes and 20+ years down the road, that is a simplistic way of looking at the goals of a manga that could easily run just as many more years.
Old 2009-02-25, 06:51   Link #133
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
840+ chapters, 85+ volumes and 20+ years down the road, run just as many more years.
amen to that. hopefully..finger crossed
Old 2009-02-25, 18:25   Link #134
katsu?
She was the Universe ♥

I've just been focusing on the manga and didn't even notice that the sequal for the series started already!
katsu? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 02:22   Link #135
gonzo562

just read the chapter 844

Spoiler for spoilers:
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 04:04   Link #136
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

just read it. man what a chapter.

Spoiler for 844:
Old 2009-02-26, 09:13   Link #137
Fran~
floating away...

Sendo is out of the pic... he is a supporter character, don't expect more of him. Ippo already has Miyata as his "rival".

And, i told you what will happen, Shounen Manga is always the same.
Old 2009-02-26, 09:54   Link #138
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^maybe, but it's the way it happens. that's the intrseting part.

we all know how bond films are going to be but, how they get there is intresting.
Old 2009-02-26, 10:27   Link #139
Fran~
floating away...

Yup, that's correct
Old 2009-02-26, 10:30   Link #140
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

also i don't think sendo is out of it yet. he is a very prodominent character and is still challanging for the world. i doubt he will fight Ippo but, he will have a role.

you don't bring in a side character if he's not going to do anything.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports