Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-05, 17:11   Link #141
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Doflamingo needs to cut off Oars' remaining leg to make sure that he stays down for good .
DoFlamingo should become a barber and take a little off the top of Oars, specifically his head...

...and then a geyser of blood will shoot forth from the neck hole covering the battlefield as if it were raining...

...and Whitebeard will trip and be skewered on Squado’s sword (yet again)...

...and Jozu will slip into the ocean, (go figure, he will be a diamond on a slippery surface)...

...and Marco's phoenix flame will be put out...

...and Crocodile will be killed by Joe Schmo marine after being solidified by the raining blood...

...and Jinbei will go into a frenzy due to the blood and start killing Whitebeard's men...

...and Ivankov's makeup will run...

...and the rest of the crew will follow...

leaving only Luffy to face several thousand irate marines, until Shiki suddenly appears, and destroys Marineford, thus leading us into Movie 10.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:12   Link #142
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's still debatable if the "breath" Zoro heard in his fight against Das Bones was Haki or not, but what isn't really debatable, is the fact that the path Zoro chose in that moment was the path than any swordsman undoubtedly comes to before they can "evolve" or level up. In other words, there is no reason to assume that Zoro is unique (especially considering that Luffy's Haki is shared by at least one other if not more than that) inregards to the "breath" he heard, rather the event was treated as a natural evolution for Zoro as a swordsman.

Consequently, since Zoro is following a path that leads to Mihawk, it stands to reason that Mihawk, when he was first climbing up to the top, would have had a similar path to Zoro's. So, it seems reasonable to assume that Mihawk can also hear the "breath", and if so, that could be the necessary ability needed to cut an element (and yes, cut implies an act of violence (otherwise, why would it even be mentioned), not the simple separation that Tenryuken has alluded to in the past), something we know Mihawk has mastered.

To speculate further, it is possible that Rayleigh and Shanks have never heard the "breath", but rather have used directed/active Haki to counterbalance this discrepancy as a swordsman. Consequently, while both can cut an element, they use different mechanisms to achieve their goals.

Not to mention, Zoro's master implied there are great swordsmen in the world who can do the same thing when he was teaching the concept of "breathing of objects" to Zoro.
Clearly indicating that it's not a unique concept to the style of Zoro's master, but a known technique within top class swordsmen.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:19   Link #143
Slayerx

Quote:
It's still debatable if the "breath" Zoro heard in his fight against Das Bones was Haki or not, but what isn't really debatable, is the fact that the path Zoro chose in that moment was the path than any swordsman undoubtedly comes to before they can "evolve" or level up. In other words, there is no reason to assume that Zoro is unique (especially considering that Luffy's Haki is shared by at least one other if not more than that) inregards to the "breath" he heard, rather the event was treated as a natural evolution for Zoro as a swordsman.

Consequently, since Zoro is following a path that leads to Mihawk, it stands to reason that Mihawk, when he was first climbing up to the top, would have had a similar path to Zoro's. So, it seems reasonable to assume that Mihawk can also hear the "breath", and if so, that could be the necessary ability needed to cut an element (and yes, cut implies an act of violence (otherwise, why would it even be mentioned), not the simple separation that Tenryuken has alluded to in the past), something we know Mihawk has mastered.
This is though, there's a difference between the "breath" that zoro used and "haki"
Haki has been shown to negate devil fruit effects... against logia's it keeps them solid enough that you can strike them; against a rubberman like Luffy, they make it so blunt attacks can hurt him, when they should bounce off...

When Zoro used "beath" against das bones he did NOT negate bone's devil fruit. When zoro cut through him das bones was still 100% a blade man. What the breath allowed zoro to do was not negate devil fruits as haki does, but give him the power to slice through steal...
Old 2009-12-05, 17:22   Link #144
james0246

^ And the "breath" will probably lead to the ability to "harm" an element. Consequently, different routes (Haki and "breath") still lead to the same thing (harming a Logia-user). Or at least that is the general idea....
Old 2009-12-05, 17:23   Link #145
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Such a power would be completely pointless, since good and bad usually depend on a specific point of view, while such a power must require an absolute scale.

Besides: We readers know, that the marines are the bad ones, while most of the pirates are really good guys.

While it's true that both sides have their fair share of rotten apples, the marines ARE considered the good guys as far a OP's world is concerned (though it's certainly true that some of their actions make them no better than the criminals they oppose). Also, I doubt that Sengoku would indiscriminately attack his own soldiers, seeing as Whitebeard already wiped out a good deal of the grunts this chapter, anyway. He'll need all the manpower he could muster, methinks.....

Anyway, if you think such a power already sounds needlessly complicated, here's the kicker about Buddhism's concept of karma: Achieving good or bad karma depends not so much on the deeds themselves as it does on the intent of said deeds. So if you helped that old lady cross the street so she could give you a piece of candy? You've just got some bad karma there, bub. Rescued that cat from a tree because it belongs to a rich family? Bad karma. Stopped that mugger from robbing an attractive woman so she could take you to her home and properly "reward" you? You guessed it, bad karma. A selfish nature will pretty much have negative consequences on a person's current or next life regardless of their actions. However, if Oda really were to introduce a karma DF to the series, I doubt he'd throw that particular aspect of it into the mix since that would make it a little too complex for the readers (I'd bet Araki would have no problem doing it, though )......

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose-kun View Post
Speaking about Sengoku, his title of "The Buddha" isn't really fitting for a high ranking military officer. Buddism is all about non-violence and peace, while Sengoku is in charge of massacring over 1,000 people at this very moment. In my point of view I see it as ironic more than it having relation to his power. One line in the eightfold path blatantly says that you should hold a job tat doesn't harm others. Yet his job is to run the law enforcement, which even if it is for the greater good, still hurts people.

Indeed, Sengoku's nickname is pretty ironic for the reasons you explained (it's even funnier when you consider that his name can actually mean "civil war" in Japanese). As for why he has the name of a figure that's known for peace and nonviolence, it's anyone's guess. Maybe somewhere down the line he simply figured that mankind would achieve enlightenment if evil were eliminated, or something.....

Quote:
On another note, I really like the idea of a Karma based fruit. I hope it or something like it will come up sometime in the future, but I don't like it would be the best fruit for him. I think that his goat is actually apart of him and he has some sort of separation ability, and he jst like goats. Having to minds would help him achieve his master strategist title for he would be able to devise two strategies at once.

Yes, many of us are expecting "pwngoat" to live up to his (fanmade) name. But then again, many of us thought that there was something special about Rob Lucci's pigeon Hattori, but he sadly didn't deliver. I'm not saying that I don't have any expectations for the goat myself, but..... well, I'll just wait and see.

Of course, there's also the chance that the goat is simply too powerful for this war, so Sengoku's letting him chill out and eat some tin cans or whatever while the fleet admiral takes care of things himself.

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-12-05 at 17:41.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:39   Link #146
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
...and Jinbei will go into a frenzy due to the blood and start killing Whitebeard's men...
This would be a good way to show what Jimbei is like at his full potential. Having a blood soaked sea which would make Jimbei become violent and release his unbridled aggression on his victims. It would be like seeing him as a villain .
Old 2009-12-05, 20:48   Link #147
marvelB

By the way, I noticed that there was a little conversation before about Haki going on before my last post, so I figured I'd point out something interesting: In the SBS for volume 56 (the latest volume), Oda confirms that Iva's Death Wink is NOT a Haki-based attack (turns out a lot of his Japanese fans had the same ideas we had). It's merely a very powerful wink, and nothing more. I think this is as good official confirmation as any that not all powerhouses in the series rely on Haki-based attacks.

Anyway, since I'm talking about the SBS, might as well talk about some more interesting tidbits from there (off-topicness ahoy ):

-Oda answers another question that had kinda bugged me a while back: About how Crocodile was able to change back to his signature outfit in Impel Down. Turns out he got his duds back from the Newkamas since they were able to steal the prisoners' personal belongings from the jailers' storage room (BTW, that's also how Crocoboy got back his cigars. ).

-Remember when it seemed like Luffy was hiding behind Hancock's cape when they entered Impel Down together? Turned out Luffy was hiding up her china dress instead (!!!).

-A fan asks what nationalities the Straw-Hats would be if the series took place in the real world. Oda answers as follows:

Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria

Hmm.... I find Nami, Robin and Brooke's choice of countries to be rather curious, myself.....

-Finally, did anyone ask for gender swapped Straw-Hats?

Spoiler:

...Robin freaks me out.....

Ah, I hope we get another fun SBS like this one for the next volume......
Old 2009-12-05, 20:52   Link #148
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I noticed that there was a little conversation before about Haki going on before my last post, so I figured I'd point out something interesting: In the SBS for volume 56 (the latest volume), Oda confirms that Iva's Death Wink is NOT a Haki-based attack (turns out a lot of his Japanese fans had the same ideas we had). It's merely a very powerful wink, and nothing more. I think this is as good official confirmation as any that not all powerhouses in the series rely on Haki-based attacks.

Anyway, since I'm talking about the SBS, might as well talk about some more interesting tidbits from there (off-topicness ahoy ):

-Oda answers another question that had kinda bugged me a while back: About how Crocodile was able to change back to his signature outfit in Impel Down. Turns out he got his duds back from the Newkamas since they were able to steal the prisoners' personal belongings from the jailers' storage room (BTW, that's also how Crocoboy got back his cigars. ).

-Remember when it seemed like Luffy was hiding behind Hancock's cape when they entered Impel Down together? Turned out Luffy was hiding up her china dress instead (!!!).

-A fan asks what nationalities the Straw-Hats would be if the series took place in the real world. Oda answers as follows:

Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria

Hmm.... I find Nami, Robin and Brooke's choice of countries to be rather curious, myself.....

-Finally, did anyone ask for gender swapped Straw-Hats?

Spoiler:

...Robin freaks me out.....

Ah, I hope we get another fun SBS like this one for the next volume......
oooo nice info.

LOl @ gender switch.
Old 2009-12-05, 20:59   Link #149
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Ha ha! I'm amazed she managed to keep herself under control with that great of physical contact. xD

Life comes before lust of course.

Quote:

Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria
Whoot! Chopper for Canada FTW!

And now I can't stop imagining Brook talking like Arnold Schwarzenegger. xD
Old 2009-12-05, 21:15   Link #150
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:

Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria
Someone tell Oda Africa is not a country, :facepalm: Also why is chopper from canada? There's nothing distinctive between them, is there?
Old 2009-12-05, 21:25   Link #151
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Also why is chopper from canada? There's nothing distinctive between them, is there?
Well i do think canada is one of the countries where large populations of reindeer are still found
And none of the other countries a looked up really seem to fit chopper... plus he's also got a "bigfoot" thing going on which is more of north american thing if you don't inculde yetis
Old 2009-12-05, 21:38   Link #152
marvelB

By the way, Hannyabal's chin is apparently full of his dreams and ambitions, and elder Nyon has a "butt-butt" chin like Franky.

Anyway, while it's true that Africa isn't a country, I'm not surprised that Oda would choose to root Usopp there. He kinda always struck me as being the black guy in the crew, anyway (how else would he know about Afro Power? ). Brooke surprised me because he always struck me as British, but.... eh, whatever. I also figured Robin would be from Spain since her attack names are in Spanish, anyway. Nami is someone I had always figured would also be an American (well at least Franky is, which is most fitting for him). I'd actually kinda like to see Oda do the whole nationality match-up thing again in a future SBS, but this time with the villains (I'm SO TOTALLY calling Buggy being Italian ).....
Old 2009-12-05, 21:43   Link #153
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Hmm, why do the genderswapped Nami and Robin look like psychopaths? =/
Old 2009-12-05, 21:59   Link #154
.Lynx.
Redlox

Send a message via MSN to .Lynx.
marvelB, Robin's attacks are in french XD

And it's nice to see that Luffy's from Brazil... better luck next time, Strawhat! haha

EDIT: In fact, it's a mix between spanish and french. I guess that the 'numbers' are in spanish - I can't really recall how she calls her moves (although I clearly remember something as "quatre fleur")... spanish for the numbers would fit, because of all the mexican wrestling tradition (and as her attacks are all suplexes and things like that)... but again, it'd be more suitable for her to be mexican. I just don't get why of the french part in her moves...

Last edited by .Lynx.; 2009-12-05 at 22:10.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:16   Link #155
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Doflamingo needs to cut off Oars' remaining leg to make sure that he stays down for good .

Nah that won't happen, Doflamingo is off trying to castrate Crocbaby.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:23   Link #156
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lynx. View Post
marvelB, Robin's attacks are in french XD

And it's nice to see that Luffy's from Brazil... better luck next time, Strawhat! haha

EDIT: In fact, it's a mix between spanish and french. I guess that the 'numbers' are in spanish - I can't really recall how she calls her moves (although I clearly remember something as "quatre fleur")... spanish for the numbers would fit, because of all the mexican wrestling tradition (and as her attacks are all suplexes and things like that)... but again, it'd be more suitable for her to be mexican. I just don't get why of the french part in her moves...

I was ready to point out the numbers being in Spanish, but now there's no need. But yeah, despite the French "fleur", I had still pegged Robin as being Spanish. Russia struck me as a... surprising choice from Oda.

Also, for some reason, I see Eneru as being German. Don't ask me why.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:32   Link #157
.Lynx.
Redlox

Send a message via MSN to .Lynx.
Nice to guess what'd be the nationality from people such as Roger or Newgate
Old 2009-12-05, 22:33   Link #158
noktown

I don't want to get into the Mihawk argument,while it can't be proven,but there are a few things i wanted to point out :

I don't remember what chapter that was but i remember Zoro had to cut through an iron chain,and he said that a good swordsman is able to cut through anything,so I assume since Mihawk is the greatest swordsman he can probably cut through anything including logias.

Another thing is if Zoro masters Haki then it's safe to say that Mihawk is a Haki user as well.

And also i think looking at things the way you did(Tenryuken) about Mihawk,then you could say that everyone in this war can't use Haki,since none of them used Haki yet,except for Whitebeared who is auto haki-user since he was able to defeate Crocodile.
Old 2009-12-06, 02:04   Link #159
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 566
That wasn't a bad chapter. If Ore survives this battle I will be shocked. Second its about time the heavy weights on both sides started to fight.

Vice Admiral Garp The Great Expectations
Garp better live up to his marine status as the hero and Vice admiral who fought along side Sengoku against Shiki the Golden Lion and as the man who went toe to toe with Gold D. Rogers couple of times. On top of that he is the father of Dragon and the grandfather of Luffy and Ace. Also there is a fact that he was offered Admiral rank couple of times, it makes me wonder if he could actually be better or on par with Sengoku, Akainu, Akoiji, and Kizaru. I think Garp has haki too. On chapter 431 page 18 Garp punches Luffy and Sanji mentions about how the punch shouldn't hurt Luffy because he is rubber. The only time people have been able to hurt Luffy was with his weakness, Devil Fruit, and Haki. Garp's haki will go great with hand to hand fighting capabilities. I am expecting a lot out of Vice Admiral Garp who should have been an admiral long ago. I know rank doesn't mean much but it seems in the One Piece Universe the higher up you go in the marines the stronger you are.

Croc the wild Card
I am wonder what he will do next in this battle. Of all the people in the world to save Ace it had to be croc. The guy is turning out to be very dangerous.

What if
If Sengoku dies in this battle who take his place as Fleet Admiral? Picking one of the three Supreme admirals would be a obvious choice. I would pick Vice Admiral Garp just because of all the things he knows. He is experienced and repected on top of that he seems to know a lot about events and people in the One piece Universe. I know i have already stated it but he was given promotion to be admiral so obviously someone found him suitable for the job.
Old 2009-12-06, 03:05   Link #160
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
What if
If Sengoku dies in this battle who take his place as Fleet Admiral? Picking one of the three Supreme admirals would be a obvious choice. I would pick Vice Admiral Garp just because of all the things he knows. He is experienced and repected on top of that he seems to know a lot about events and people in the One piece Universe. I know i have already stated it but he was given promotion to be admiral so obviously someone found him suitable for the job.
Well remember you have to think from the perspective of the 5 old men at the top of the world gov't... Garp is NOT someone they would want to have as supreme admiral. While there was orders to hunt down rouge to kill Roger's off spring, he instead protected them... and god only knows how long he may have been keep any kind of info on dragon a secret; Luffy probably would made their hit list before he even set sail. Garp may be loyal, strong knowledge and true marine, but he has a different sense of justice that the world gov't just plain doesn't like.

Frankly, i have to say Akainu... of the 3 adrmials he is the one that most strongly believes in Absolute Justice, which is what the world gov't desires... They would want someone who would do what it takes to wipe out pirates and anyone the gov't labels as criminals... what the especially want is someone who will not go around making exceptions to this; like what Garp did for Ace and Luffy, or what Ao kiji did for Robin.
Closed Thread