AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-11, 09:18   Link #41
lividsama

Yin gets a whole moon instead of a star for her awakening? That's bad ass alright XD
Old 2009-12-11, 09:32   Link #42
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So I guess Yin's probably going to die now? If the old her is still there than I would expect she'll probably try to fight it and probably off herself.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-12-11, 09:37   Link #43
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Am I the only one who thought this episode felt like a train wreck? The drama felt forced, the art looked inconsistent and shabby at times, voice acting was so-so, music was rather distracting and worst of all, I felt rick-rolled expecting some air time for Yin. Only saving grace were seeing Mao as a cat again and a clean-looking Hei.
Old 2009-12-11, 10:03   Link #44
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
* At roughly 13 minutes into the episode, there's the series of flashbacks as Hei is interrogating Youko. One was Hei, bleeding, on the ground with Yin standing over him and her eyes red similar to a contractor's. Is this why a part of Hei wanted to kill Yin? Did she attempt to kill him?
Where can you see bleeding Hei ? x_X I think it's just a random contractor...

@forgot
You are not the only one For me all that season is "like a train wreck". But this ep was not so bad... at least we have smth new about yin... Ehhh I lost my hope for seeing REAL Yin in that season :/
This season really have a potential but they have wasted it...
hope the 3rd one won't be about adult Suou... o_O It would be really stupid and not DTB like...
hope we will get more Hei and Yin in next season...
Old 2009-12-11, 10:06   Link #45
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
Where can you see bleeding Hei ? x_X I think it's just a random contractor...

@forgot
You are not the only one For me all that season is "like a train wreck". But this ep was not so bad... at least we have smth new about yin... Ehhh I lost my hope for seeing REAL Yin in that season :/
This season really have a potential but they have wasted it...
hope the 3rd one won't be about adult Suou... o_O It would be really stupid and not DTB like...
Holysh---wait, there's a S3?!?!?!?!?
THEY BETTER NOT MESS THAT UP!!!! No more "just flashbacks" of Yin! That's just criminal!
Old 2009-12-11, 10:23   Link #46
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
If there would be a S3, I doubt it would be about Yin and Hei, since they're gonna pretty much cover them in the OVA. And to me it looks like Yin won't survive this season. BONES wouldn't pull off something so Gonzo-like, just for the sake of shipping either.

Anyway, so Mao was setup by the syndicate and yet he kept working for them? Seems like there's more to this than one meets the eye. And I lol'd when he recognized Suou's mom by the ankles, I bet he was quite a charmer back then.

Quality kinda dropped a bit in this scene, and it just had to be the scene some of us were waiting for!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-11, 10:40   Link #47
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
If there would be a S3, I doubt it would be about Yin and Hei, since they're gonna pretty much cover them in the OVA. And to me it looks like Yin won't survive this season. BONES wouldn't pull off something so Gonzo-like, just for the sake of shipping either.
Quality kinda dropped a bit in this scene, and it just had to be the scene some of us were waiting for!

Spoiler:
I think there will be. It's only2 ep left, so they will make 3rd season or they will mess it up :/ I also think, that Yin won't survive this season (but I really hope it wont happen)
And a don't want a great happy, sweet ending, but also I don't want such a depressing one... For me Suou could die xP Or at least she should survive, but with Hei, Yin and Mao. For me Hei and Yin should end up as a team again, not necessary as a kind of couple

E: heh... I think they were really in hurry, while drawing that scene
Old 2009-12-11, 11:37   Link #48
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Poor Suou. That whole aquarium memory was a lie. I wonder was it implanted so that she would go to the aquarium for some reason.

I'm betting she's in S3 if there is one. The maturation of an incomplete copy is a nice thing to watch imo. Madame Oreille seemed to hint that there was good things to come from her. Plus, we don't know what plans Shion and Shion's dad had for her. I guess this makes Shion her "dad". Why does Suou have to know extreme pain?

The dolls for some reason have a stake in keeping the location of Hei and company a secret and are working independently. That's a shocking thing to see imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lividsama View Post
Yin gets a whole moon instead of a star for her awakening? That's bad ass alright XD
And a very big death flag.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-11 at 12:07.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:54   Link #49
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Am I the only one who thought this episode felt like a train wreck? The drama felt forced, the art looked inconsistent and shabby at times, voice acting was so-so, music was rather distracting and worst of all, I felt rick-rolled expecting some air time for Yin. Only saving grace were seeing Mao as a cat again and a clean-looking Hei.
Hei may be clean-looking in this episode, but a protagonist with such look (especially eyes) cannot save anything for me.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Didn't see anyone mention it, but I thought it was VERY interesting that Suou's mother knew the sky would disappear (and probably that the gate would appear) before it happened 13 years ago. Either the syndicate predicted it or the appearance of the gates is the result of their experiments; the latter is most likely IMO.
I was surprised that Asako knows very much. I don't know why the organization let her get away with those knowledge. Anyway, we get to know that Dr Pav was connected to the contractor business from the very beginning. I had thought Shion and Dr Pav are too weak to be the final villain because they did not seem to have the organizational support, but this episode shows another possiblity.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:58   Link #50
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I strongly belive that Yin dies and doe snot make it into season 3. To me all the Yinfanboyish is getting anoying since we are prety much being told she's about to strike out. Suou is replacing Yin's role in Hei lifes and that I believe will be carried into season 3.

As for Madame Oreile being Amber I have also has that train of thought as well. She is indeed technicaly able to live forever by aging normaly and using her powers to get younger again. Forgot who also thougth that but yes, this idea has been trickeling in my thoughts for a while. But Oreile's and Amber's personalaties are very different IMO.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:59   Link #51
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
Hei may be clean-looking in this episode, but a protagonist with such look (especially eyes) cannot save anything for me.
Spoiler:

Hei's not playing around this season. He's delivering a lesson to Misaki.

Lesson #1: Don't touch Suou.

Old 2009-12-11, 12:06   Link #52
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hei's not playing around this season. He's delivering a lesson to Misaki.

Lesson #1: Don't touch Suou.

Actually, what I tried to say was the graphic quality. Hei`s face in that part was poorly drawn as if it were done by elimentary schoolers. Watch it slowly.
Old 2009-12-11, 12:10   Link #53
orion

Quote:
Actually, what I tried to say was the graphic quality. Hei`s face in that part was poorly drawn as if it were done by elimentary schoolers. Watch it slowly.
It'll get cleaned up for the BD. TV series runs are notorious for problems like that. They were prob rushing to get to a deadline.

The emotions of that scene came thru.
Old 2009-12-11, 12:20   Link #54
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Indeed. I posted a few pictures a few posts up, but it's kinda really hard to notice since the whole scene was like really fast forwarded. I think they're rather saving budget for the last two episodes, but considering DtB's popularity, I thought budget wouldn't really be such a problem.

As long as it get fixed on the DVDs and Blu-Ray, it's all good.
Old 2009-12-11, 12:40   Link #55
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
considering DtB's popularity, I thought budget wouldn't really be such a problem.
I would have thought the same, but it seems that this time around they didn't have anywhere near the budget they had for season 1. It's a shame to see them cutting corners now...
Old 2009-12-11, 12:45   Link #56
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for About Yin...:

This episode 10/10 I don't know how to vote 9/10
Alot stuff and stories happen in this episode
but tbh Yin 10/10
Old 2009-12-11, 13:10   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hei said he saw himself in Suou, in her doubts and confusions. Self-identification is a pretty big clue to a continuing relationship.

Suou is my favorite character in both series. I feel about her the way the Yin shippers feel about Yin: let's have a season three with the 19-year-old version. Not that I don't like Yin, too, and look forward to the mini OVA series.

But they could end this well in two episodes if everyone except Misaki dies, and Misaki is left as "Everyman" to deliver the eulogy.

However, the apparent popularity of the show makes me think a third season is possible. 2channel rates this #2 for 2009. I don't know what the TV ratings are. DVD#1 comes out later in December, so we will get a better idea of popularity then.

If there is a third season, they might well repeat this formula and introduce someone new, leaving fans of both Yin and Suou to watch eagerly for vague appearances by either, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:43   Link #58
elyK

I don't know, I don't think that it was Yin in the last part of the episode. The observation figure was a females body but unless Yin got a hair cut and possibly dyed her hair along with getting out of that coffin thing she was in I would say that it's someone else. Of course this will be proven or disproved in the coming weeks.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:48   Link #59
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Soooo, looking at the Izanagi/Izanami legend:
- Suou or the moon itself is Tsukuyomi
- The thing given birth to at the end is Kagutsuchi or when Shion and Yin finally meet we will get Kagutsuchi (ie. personified destruction).

Dunno about a third season. It'd be a waste to not do more with the interesting world created in DtB. Just as long as they aren't abominations like that nonsense they tried to pass off in the spinoff mango.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:07   Link #60
Nvis
Where are the good animes

If Shion dies, I'm assuming he takes Suou and their dad with him since they were created by his power?
Closed Thread