AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-16, 04:19   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 695 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hey guys, it's time to kick off the new year with a new chapter thread! Credit goes to the usual guys at AP for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "Leave it to me". The ministory involves Caribou receiving travel directions from the old lady (who seems unaware of the recent theft).

-Franky is still battling Dofla's minions, and is overpowering them. In fact, it reaches the point that they both try to escape, but it's at this time that Luffy and Law's group return.

-Law is prepared to catch the enemy duo, but Luffy says to let his crew handle it instead. Nami and Usopp then combine their abilities to catch the enemy pirates, using storm clouds and Usopp's plants. The combo is successful in capturing B5 and Buffalo, and with Caesar present, the Straw-Heart alliance has neutralized all of their current enemies!

-However, it would seem that Doflamingo isn't the only person making a journey to Punk Hazard: A new mystery person is shown in the middle of the sea at the end of the chapter.......

Spoiler:

Well, this is an interesting way to kick off the new year. We get to see the Straw-Hats prove their strength even further, and yet another mystery man pops up at the chapter's end! I'm not gonna bother speculating that he's a preexisting character, though. I mean, we still don't know whether he's friend or foe yet.

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-01-16 at 04:37.
Old 2013-01-16, 04:37   Link #2
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Mysterious person= Sabo .

Look at the hat .

P.S. Before every one says green book, Oda has been asked about Sabo and he didn't confirm it ( something like, I will leave it to viewers to decide).
P.S.S. He is there to save Luffy and the co from DD
Old 2013-01-16, 04:47   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

He appears to be riding a giant seagull of some other bird. Interesting.
Old 2013-01-16, 05:55   Link #4
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Mysterious person= Sabo .

Look at the hat .

P.S. Before every one says green book, Oda has been asked about Sabo and he didn't confirm it ( something like, I will leave it to viewers to decide).
P.S.S. He is there to save Luffy and the co from DD
Why would you assume that they need saving ?Franky alone just took out 2 of his nakama.

Also,i don't think it's Sabo,it looks more like Mihawk's style to travel this way,but probably not him either.
Old 2013-01-16, 06:03   Link #5
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
The shape of his face on the right reminds me alot of Jozu's.... but that's really impossible really... maybe just a new character we've yet to see~?
Old 2013-01-16, 06:55   Link #6
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

No Sanji reaction toward Baby 5. Damn sad prediction!
Old 2013-01-16, 06:58   Link #7
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hm, a person that overselpt and is travelling on water.
My guess would be on Aokiji… what exactly was his real name? He probably lost this name by qutting the marines.

Though seeing how the SH shined in this chapter, we will probably soon see Doflamingo arrive and own them.
I agree with you that it looks a lot like Aokiji but not with the straw hats getting owned. It makes no sense story wise that Joker is able to steamroll all of them at once. He should be able to beat Franky on his own, and probably with relative ease as well, but not the entire crew all at once.
I don't think even the Yonkou's should be able to beat the entire Strawhat crew on their own. I mean what's the use of the time skip if the entire crew can be overrun by a mere shichibukai even though they prepared for admiral and yonkou level opponents.

But damn what a Superrrrrr chapturrrrr. The general isn't just for show.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:01   Link #8
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I'm pretty sure thats Mihawk.

There's a connection between him and Doflamingo and you can see his sword in the silhouette.

Quote:
He appears to be riding a giant seagull of some other bird. Interesting.
How the hell do you see a bird from that picture?
Old 2013-01-16, 07:04   Link #9
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Dr. Vegapunks anyone?

Kinda doubt that it was Aokiji since it looks really different from Aokiji's appearance during movie Z
Old 2013-01-16, 07:16   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

How about instead of focusing on the new guy we know nothing about (and immediately start saying it's Sabo like people do with every obscured character that shows up) we focus instead on how awesome the Strawhats were this chapter?

Franky was just overwhelming, even against two of Donfla's crewmembers, which is actually surprising. I expected him to beat one, or at least have a very hard time beating both but I never expected him to just bash them around so easily. It was awesome how he adapted the Gaon Cannon, a cannon that can propel a large ship through the air through a long distance, into his Shogun effectively making it into a deadly weapon.

The guys vs the girls reactions to the Shogun was a priceless moment for me xD

Both Nami and Usopp's cowardice reached the peak, though they did display their skill really well.

Nami's attack looked strong but it didn't have much going on for it in terms of being cool for me. Yea, she made a large thundercloud and redirected lightning, it looks and is strong but it's still just a large cloud throwing down lightning at the enemy. If only she gave some sort of special shape to the cloud or something, that would be neat.

Usopp on the other hand had a very fun display this chapter. The fact that his weapon seems to also be a plant was surprising (Gonna miss the dials but still) and that it can eat and shoot out everything in one go was really cool (I just wonder where the seastone cuffs came from but still...cool). I'm really loving Usopp's use of plants.

But the highlight of the chapter (barely passing by the everyone's reactions to Shogun) was simply the rape face everyone put on when Law said they were enemies just...just look at it!

Tell me everyone doesn't look awesome in this once panel?

Overall great start to 2013, never would have expected that the new One Piece year would start with Franky, Nami and Usopp being badasses xD
Old 2013-01-16, 07:33   Link #11
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Im pretty sure that mysterious figure is one of the good guys. So in that case either some wanderer with his own story or more likely a Revolutionary.
There is already enough trouble as it is with bad guys as Flamingo is about to land on island. Plus no matter how hard they try they cant slay Flamingo right now.
We dont even know his actual DF abilities nor name. It would be a VERY non-flashy way to end this Shichbukai right now on this island that nobody knows.
Also so many crazy motives for him to move forward. But I guess that moment is upon us in next 3-4 chapters.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:44   Link #12
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I can bet anything that is Mihawk.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:46   Link #13
gibits
Endless

Franky is just so awesome!!! He said the General Cannon was the 1000 sunny's ultimate weapon, so is the Shogun the 1000 sunny transformed? Or do they have both the ship and the robot? I'm not sure which would be cooler, two sets of General Cannons or a ship that can transform....

Couldn't Nami just make a localized rain and paralyze the DF users? I guess lightening is cooler but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Usopp with his wonder plants. Is there anything they can't do? And why only enemies with their backs turned? With his bag of tricks I think he could take on guys head on, especially if he can launch sea stones.

The new guy: oversleeping sounds like a trait from someone familar.... But the only one that comes to mind is Ace and he's dead. I was thinking Mihawk too as his first appearance was also sleeping and drifting into a battle.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:46   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow.... let's see... Baby 5 and co are defeated easily by Nami-Usopp-Franky....

such an awesome chapter....
Old 2013-01-16, 07:50   Link #15
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Mihawk, as well. He is known for riding the oceans on ridiculously small boats.^^ I guess Oda wants to deal with the Shichibukai now and remove that sense of untouchability from them, before he moves on to even bigger guys. I just don't see what Mihawk would want to do on Punk Hazard.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:54   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Franky is just so awesome!!! He said the General Cannon was the 1000 sunny's ultimate weapon, so is the Shogun the 1000 sunny transformed? Or do they have both the ship and the robot? I'm not sure which would be cooler, two sets of General Cannons or a ship that can transform....
Don't you remember that the Shogun is composed of Franky's Tank and Rhino Bike? Plus the ship is right there too (it's also much larger than the Shogun) xD

Quote:
Couldn't Nami just make a localized rain and paralyze the DF users? I guess lightening is cooler but it's nothing we haven't seen before.
Only bodies of water effect DF users, rain has no effect on them.

Quote:
Usopp with his wonder plants. Is there anything they can't do? And why only enemies with their backs turned? With his bag of tricks I think he could take on guys head on, especially if he can launch sea stones.
Well...he's a coward that gets scared of fighting enemies head on...so he feels braver when they have their backs to him...because he's a coward. It's like you don't even know Usopp bro >_>
Old 2013-01-16, 08:28   Link #17
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

The mystery person could be jimbei....you guys forget about the new straw hat crew member? he id say he would join them asap, this seems like a perfect time to do so but he isn't one for napping and he wouldn't need to float in the ocean just swim...so I'm not sure. Would be excellent if its hawk eyes.

This is an amazing chapter to kick off 2013, frank, nami and ussop owned this chapter. The Shogun is amazing even if the girls don't think so.....baka.

Is there only doflamingo left to defeat in his crew then? surely there must be more to his crew than those already defeated by Law, Smoker and the straw hats?
Old 2013-01-16, 08:41   Link #18
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Mixed feelings about Usopp and Nami showing off... Sure, those were some impressive attacks but why stress the fact that they're brave in the face of running foes?

Loved the triple stare (Nami, Robin, Tashigi) in response to the robot reactions.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:43   Link #19
Blackbeard D. Kuma

See, I was 100% correct in my assessment that Baby 5 and Buffalo are considerably weaker than Vergo. Franky alone, who is in the middle trio of the strawhats, was enough to overwhelm this duo, whereas monster trio caliber fighters struggled against the vice admiral.

Anyways, I'm really intrigued as to who this mystery guy is.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:47   Link #20
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Don't you remember that the Shogun is composed of Franky's Tank and Rhino Bike? Plus the ship is right there too (it's also much larger than the Shogun) xD
Oh right. Forgot about that. So it's like the transformers AND two sets of general cannon! Best of both worlds!!

Quote:
Only bodies of water effect DF users, rain has no effect on them.
Oh well. I thought if any part of their body was in touch with water they would be paralyzed since it worked on partially submerged victims.

Quote:
Well...he's a coward that gets scared of fighting enemies head on...so he feels braver when they have their backs to him...because he's a coward. It's like you don't even know Usopp bro >_>
I guess just because he can fight on an even footing doesn't mean he will. Some things never change LOL.
Closed Thread