AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 23:19   Link #1
SummeryDreams

Question about HDTV

I have this HDTV for about 3 years I guess already. The Brand is Sanyo. Now I've noticed that I have this hazy part of the screen (when in dark shade) in the lower part that is getting worst overtime. Though, it functions well during light colors or bright colors, when the screen turns a little bit darker, the hazy part will be visible. What is this?
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 00:00   Link #2
Alchemist007
*Author

Is it a plasma tv?
Old 2013-08-18, 18:15   Link #3
AnimeFan188

Don't sweat it. It'll soon be obsolete anyway:

Super Hi-Vision 8K TV standard approved by UN agency:

"Broadcasts in 8K will offer a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320 pixels - roughly the
equivalent of a 32 megapixel photo.

That is 16 times as sharp as current HD TVs offering about 2MP resolutions.

Japanese broadcaster NHK showed off the technology in London during the
Olympics, where audiences said it gave them a sense of being at the events.

The firm has developed three cameras that can capture the higher resolution -
which it calls Super Hi-Vision - at 60 frames per second but aims to double that
to 120 frames per second."

See:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19370582

And, once we sink our hard-earned money into 8K TV's, an even newer standard
will come out...........
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 00:55   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

4Ks are already out, and there's basically no content because everything is released only as high as Blu-ray resolutions. I'm thinking unless they go digital with such content, the newer resolutions aren't going to last (or catch on) unless they attempt to make Blu-ray obsolete, and I don't see that happening since it's only now really catching on.

The only standard for now is DVDs and Blu-rays. The former isn't going anywhere just yet either. And even if they do try to release the super high resolution videos over digital only, they're limiting their market to whoever is going to be able to download such super sized files.
Old 2013-08-19, 03:51   Link #5
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Won't be seeing 8k for at least another 10 years
Old 2013-08-25, 03:04   Link #6
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Is it a plasma tv?
Sorry for the late reply and I don't. Thius is sanyo HDTV, kind of a little bit thicker than those that I see at Sony, it's good, just this hazy part. It's alarming me.
Old 2013-08-26, 01:50   Link #7
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Sorry for the late reply and I don't. Thius is sanyo HDTV, kind of a little bit thicker than those that I see at Sony, it's good, just this hazy part. It's alarming me.
I'm far from knowledgeable about displays. But when you say part of the screen is "hazy" when it's suppose to be dark, it sounds like the liquid crystal filter is not turning completely opaque when it's suppose to. If that is the case to fix it you would have to swap out your LCD panel.

If you're not under warranty (and if you are, then why are you asking here? =p), no matter what the exact cause is, you're probably shit outta luck. You'd be better off getting a new TV than getting it fixed.

Really there is nothing user serviceable with TVs. If you really want to get it fixed, then call your local shops, and see what quotes they can offer you for free.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 02:15   Link #8
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
I'm far from knowledgeable about displays. But when you say part of the screen is "hazy" when it's suppose to be dark, it sounds like the liquid crystal filter is not turning completely opaque when it's suppose to. If that is the case to fix it you would have to swap out your LCD panel.

If you're not under warranty (and if you are, then why are you asking here? =p), no matter what the exact cause is, you're probably shit outta luck. You'd be better off getting a new TV than getting it fixed.

Really there is nothing user serviceable with TVs. If you really want to get it fixed, then call your local shops, and see what quotes they can offer you for free.
I'm totally okay with this hazy part, not a big deal. What I'm trying to say is about my safety, I'm freaking out if one day this hazy part will cause my TV to explode? Or is it a sign of burning inside the TV something like that? Sorry for being ignorant by the way. I really need an education about this. Thanks though.