AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 152 58.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 22.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 7.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.15%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-14, 23:20   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kanon - 2006 - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [END]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 24.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the game or the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:
Old 2007-03-14, 23:56   Link #2
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
I think it'll sort of be hard to spoil future events for this episode.
Old 2007-03-15, 00:07   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

There are still rumors floating around that there might be a couple of episodes reserved for the DVDs. No point in taking any chances. And the simple truth is, the thread was copied and pasted from the opening post of a previous thread.

As for episode 24, not exactly certain if I want to see it. The Nayuki-fan in me is very satisfied as to how episode 23 has concluded.
Old 2007-03-15, 00:14   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I could say that what probably comes next is a main vector of what makes Nayuki so special ... but KyoAni is evilly genius as providing the ep23 "ending".
(imo).

I'm trapped because of my obligation to watch the Mai arc finish (I *hope* they manage to close the other arcs out in an unrushed way ....)
Old 2007-03-15, 00:29   Link #5
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I'm expecting a great finish, for an awesome series. KyoAni hasn't failed me yet in everything I've watched of theirs, so I expect similiar results here. Curious to see how my predictions play out.
Old 2007-03-15, 02:32   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Aye - i believe the Nayuki "ending" is just a trap to soften us up for another dramatic Nayuki scene. I get the feeling that she is just meant to suffer and little else Her Luck stat must be -10.

On other news - i can not, for the life of me, figure out how on earth they are going to fit Shiori + Mai conclusion in the ep, as well wrapping up the Ayu + Nayuki story. Akiko needs some screentime as well, so does Sayuri at least.

Lets see if KyoAni can surprise me
Old 2007-03-15, 02:46   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a nasty feeling
Spoiler for hidden from folks who haven't played the game or seen 2002:

Ooh... evil thought. All the arcs are resolved, the mysteries revealed --- but we're left with a "no/all girl" solution in which Yuuichi is surrounded by Mai, Shiori, Nayuki, and others and declared "it" for the hunt. Sorry... tired and thinking oddly.
Old 2007-03-15, 02:46   Link #8
DanielSong39

I'm expecting a "happily ever after" ending - after all, fairy tale themes run rampant in this series, and it would be the appropriate way to end the show.

I'm hoping to see Nayuki find her own strength, Shiori find joy in her last days, Mai and Sayuri graduate, Makoto make occasional visits in human form, and for Yuuichi and Ayu to revel in the miracles that makes their town so special.

Let's see if they can end this on a high note - I'm expecting a wrapup episode of sorts; if done well, I will be pleased. Of course, they could always pull a Canvas 2 ending out of the hat - if that happens, watch this forum explode...
Old 2007-03-15, 03:06   Link #9
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

No... what will make this place explode is a Kitagawa route end...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-03-15, 03:38   Link #10
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Even thoygh i am a Nayuki fan..i would suicide if the last episode was the true finale. There are still 2 main unresolved issues

Spoiler:

So lot to watch out for. Going doki-doki just waiting for this one....hoping that Kyo-Ani gives a perfect ending..something it is sooooo popular for
Old 2007-03-15, 05:18   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
There are still rumors floating around that there might be a couple of episodes reserved for the DVDs.
What rumours are those now? All 8 DVDs were solicited months ago for all 24 episodes, and there's been no talk of any extra DVDs in the solicitation. Not saying that it absolutely couldn't happen (it's true that you never know...), but... argh, these rumours just won't die! Now five months from now someone is going to come back and say "I heard someone on AnimeSuki say there would be extra episodes on the DVD... is that true?" It's hopeless...
Old 2007-03-15, 06:25   Link #12
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Preparing my tissue box as we speak. This is going to be one hell of an episode. I can only hope they've got everything covered, and aren't suckering to cheaper methods (aka having Mai/Sayuri/Shiori just "get better" without a word, or shoving them off for an OVA)...

I should trust in KyoAni, but I can't help thinking there's just not enough time to let everything else sink in, because there's still plenty left to cover. Oh well, no point drabbling on about it now.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:07   Link #13
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
What rumours are those now? All 8 DVDs were solicited months ago for all 24 episodes, and there's been no talk of any extra DVDs in the solicitation. Not saying that it absolutely couldn't happen (it's true that you never know...), but... argh, these rumours just won't die! Now five months from now someone is going to come back and say "I heard someone on AnimeSuki say there would be extra episodes on the DVD... is that true?" It's hopeless...

AIR (TV) got two AIR in Summer OVA episodes. Who's to say Kanon won't get its fair share?

Anyway, no matter how it turns out eventually, we can still hope for the moment.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:39   Link #14
Raniie

^

Because Air is supposely only 12 episodes in whole, 13 is just a stupid recap, and 2 OVAs, which make it a total of 15 episodes for Air. Whereas Kanon has a whopping 24 episodes! Kanon has more than it's fair share, however, even pointing that out, I still hope KyoAni give us more Kanon! XD

For some dreadful thought, my hopes for this episode is set to an all time low... and I'm feeling that KyoAni is gonna pull a inconclusive ending... as in, this is just going to be a new begining...

Oh well, let's enjoy the finale ride, shall we all?

DivShare File - [R]_Kanon_2006_Softsubs_1-24_[SC].zip - SS-E's default color version.

DivShare File - [R]_Kanon_2006_Softsubs_1-24.zip - Multi-color dialogues version.

Last edited by Raniie; 2007-03-19 at 00:57.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:44   Link #15
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
^

Because Air is supposely only 12 episodes in whole, 13 is just a stupid recap, and 2 OVAs, which make it a total of 15 episodes for Air. Whereas Kanon has a whopping 24 episodes! Kanon has more than it's fair share,
Is that even an argument why an OVA shouldn't be made ?
Old 2007-03-15, 07:54   Link #16
Skane
Anime Snark

Unhappy

*please don't screw up Mai's epilogue*
Spoiler for for more:

Old 2007-03-15, 11:00   Link #17
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Spoiler for for more:

If I had to guess, I'd say that you don't want them to screw up Mai's epilogue...

I know I'm way out there in left field on that guess but....

-pacing waiting for this last episode and going bonkers- I have to leave for work here soon. Air already!!!
Old 2007-03-15, 11:37   Link #18
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Sad and happy.....

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 11:45   Link #19
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

~doki doki doki doki
~doki doki doki doki
Spoiler:

Ahh..I can feel the rush in my body...its maddening to wait for such a masterpiece. Its pretty ironic that I dont want this series to end, but I also cant wait to see the FINALE. Why does God(Suzumiya????...Kyo Ani???) impose such pain on us???

Kurushi desu~

And Congrats to Kanon on being voted the BEST NEW COMER ANIME of 2006(Jury decision) by AniDB. ~Omedeto Gozaimas~.

I m glad that the jury recognized the brilliance of this anime and voted for it instead of series like Death Note and others. So on that note...lets all hope for a brilliant ending and

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 11:45   Link #20
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Sad and happy.....

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Alright, then. Me go to sleep now. Me will bug Mentar one last time for the subs, then me watch Last Episode. Oyasumi, minna-wa.
Closed Thread