AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 08:49   Link #30021
XFire
150% done

@Clue don't start that logic thing again. He was dubbed as a Gremory in the credits, as in "Oppai Dragon played by Ise Gremory".

I feel kind of sorry for Levi-tan. There's no way she can compete with the Oppai Dragon show now.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:50   Link #30022
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
After vol 12, wouldn't be surprise if Oppai Dragon becomes more popular than Magical Levi-Tan. I think the entire Underworld knew Ise was the one who defeated Jabberwock, doing something that even Ultimate Class Devils couldn't do. Ise and Rias' relationship is also legendary among the Devil Society that may surpass or rivals Sirzerchs and Grayfia relationship. Sirzerchs and Grayfia had a Romeo and Juliet type romance, enemies who loved each other minus the tragedy. Ise and Rias' relationship is known for Ise starting out as a low class Devil and the star of Oppai Dragon. Rias, the Princess of the Gremory family she was already known to the Underworld, now known as Switch Princess. Rias and Ise in a relationship will inspire other Lower Class Devils to perform harder since they know one of their own actually did it (Ise) and the gossip of all the Devil females in the Underworld.
That's true . Lol Magical Levi-Tan will be pissed about this(i think)
And i agree about the thing you say...also i wonder how much their relationship will be famous after vol 12 event. I mean ,we don't know who initiated the kiss but we do know that they kiss during the whole crisis when she make him her pawn again. And if some reporters where there we know what will be the title of the next news other Ise that defeat that kind of moster with GR help.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:50   Link #30023
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue View Post
How is he deemed a gremory?
He is a servant of the gremory's they are the ones behind the show and the marketing/advertising.
Ise is the MC of the show and he is used as publicity stunt(people who didn't know about the gremory's
especially kids will probably associate them with ise ,the awesome oppai dragon, once they hear
about them. Not only that but the ones who already know who the gremory's are will be curious and
they will end up watching the show...)

In the same Tv show Kiba is a villain, so i guess we should consider him as one according to your logic?
in Oppai Dragon show, Gremory's declared their ownership Ise as part of them by changing his name from Ise Hyoudo to Ise Gremory and at the same time as husband of their lovely princess, Rias.

for Kiba, girls is more like cool villain than pervert hero, right?
and maybe coz they already know that Ise will become Gremory in near future, and didn't want dragon baby.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:52   Link #30024
Mcloving

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
1) Extra Demons are high class devil families not part of the original 72 pillars. It hasn't been explained if they were listed as "extra" as more families rose to that status, or if they were created as a group at one point. Examples of Extra Demons include Abbadon, Mephistopheles (the one who contracted with Faust, the ancestor of Georg), and Grayfia. The Extra Demons decided as a group to keep themselves away from the current government. Hence, the ones participating in the Rating Game are those who have cut ties with their families.

2) It wouldn't matter very much since Ise goes Balance Breaker directly most of the time. In Balance Breaker, he reaches maximum Boost instantly anyway.

3) I don't think Ise cares that much about family lineage -- the same way he likes Rias for being Rias rather than being a member of the Gremory family.

Well, that's just the name of the main character of the Oppai Dragon show. But true, to the Underworld, they are as good as married.
Thanks for answering zzhk, I didn't explain myself very well about his possible subspecies. I know he gets max boost in BB, so lets say the max number of boosts he gets is 14 and in BB he gets that 14 straight away but subspecies will still give 14 but instead of 2 to the power N it would be 4 to the power N if you get what i mean cause i think i read somewhere he get's the number of boosts limited to his body capacity (stamina) therefore if his normal boosts atm is multiplied by 2 then in ss it should get multiplied by 4
Old 2012-04-30, 08:55   Link #30025
NightGale

Quote:
How is he deemed a gremory?
He is a servant of the gremory's they are the ones behind the show and the marketing/advertising.
Ise is the MC of the show and he is used as publicity stunt(people who didn't know about the gremory's
especially kids will probably associate them with ise ,the awesome oppai dragon, once they hear
about them. Not only that but the ones who already know who the gremory's are will be curious and
they will end up watching the show...)

In the same Tv show Kiba is a villain, so i guess we should consider him as one according to your logic?
When Ise is moving around the Gremory main-house, all the servants call him young master and treat him as such, in other words they treat it as a given that he will marry Rias an join the Gremory family... not to mention Venerana is training him in manners and Riasīs father has him in high regard(I donīt actually remember his name... what was it?) ...or at least thatīs how i understand it saying heīs regarded as a Gremory, do you disagree?
Old 2012-04-30, 08:56   Link #30026
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
@Clue don't start that logic thing again. He was dubbed as a Gremory in the credits, as in "Oppai Dragon played by Ise Gremory".

I feel kind of sorry for Levi-tan. There's no way she can compete with the Oppai Dragon show now.
Comparing it to real life a tv show for kids doesn't really mean much...

All we can say about them changing his name in the tv show, is that it's just a small foreshadowing that he will marry rias and possibly change his last name.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:59   Link #30027
zzhk
Summary Machine

By the way, I'm not sure why people seem to be talking about subspecies as if it was a single well-defined stage -- something you achieve once and that's it.

Borrowing from the biological concept of subspecies -- evolved differences that distinguishes from the main/original species, a Sacred Gear only needs to acquire new characteristics to be counted as a subspecies.

Since it's a process of evolution, why would there be a definitive end? Wouldn't it be a continuous process where it is possible to keep evolving?
Or perhaps even acquire enough differences to become a new species (new type of Sacred Gear).

Of course, since Sacred Gears don't breed (or do they?), the whole idea of species is kind of arbitrarily imposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcloving View Post
Thanks for answering zzhk, I didn't explain myself very well about his possible subspecies. I know he gets max boost in BB, so lets say the max number of boosts he gets is 14 and in BB he gets that 14 straight away but subspecies will still give 14 but instead of 2 to the power N it would be 4 to the power N if you get what i mean cause i think i read somewhere he get's the number of boosts limited to his body capacity therefore if his normal boosts atm is multiplied by 2 then in ss it should get multiplied by 4
Since it's based on capacity, a higher multiplier will simply mean he reaches the maximum using fewer boosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
When Ise is moving around the Gremory main-house, all the servants call him young master and treat him as such, in other words they treat it as a given that he will marry Rias an join the Gremory family... not to mention Venerana is training him in manners and Riasīs father has him in high regard(I donīt actually remember his name... what was it?) ...or at least thatīs how i understand it saying heīs regarded as a Gremory, do you disagree?
Ise marrying Rias is a given.
Whether he will change his family name is another question.
Anyway, Duke Gremory's name has never been mentioned, as far as I know.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-04-30, 09:02   Link #30028
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Do i disagree? i doubt you read the previous posts since you are using most facts which indicate that ise
and rias will get married. I already said that the chances of rias marrying ise are equal to the ones of ise getting his own harem.
the problem here is that people believe he will change his last name without having any substantial proof in the matter.

just so you know they never stated his name.

Same argument as sona x saji unless sona wants saji it will not happen
unless ise wants to change his last name it will not happen.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:03   Link #30029
Mcloving

Quote:
By the way, I'm not sure why people seem to be talking about subspecies as if it was a single well-defined stage -- something you achieve once and that's it.

Borrowing from the biological concept of subspecies -- evolved differences that distinguishes from the main/original species, a Sacred Gear only needs to acquire new characteristics to be counted as a subspecies.

Since it's a process of evolution, why would there be a definitive end? Wouldn't it be a continuous process where it is possible to keep evolving?
Or perhaps even acquire enough differences to become a new species (new type of Sacred Gear).

Since it's based on capacity, a higher multiplier will simply mean he reaches the maximum using fewer boosts.
yes i guess that's a good point he'll reach that level faster - unless his ss just becomes a hax and removes/ignores the limit by allowing a set number of boosts without considering capacity
Old 2012-04-30, 09:10   Link #30030
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Comparing it to real life a tv show for kids doesn't really mean much...

All we can say about them changing his name in the tv show, is that it's just a small foreshadowing that he will marry rias and possibly change his last name.
Magical Levi-Tan doesn't sound like a show aiming at adults
Besides Kiba, Akeno and Koneko do have adult fans, though they are probably the devil equivalent to fan girls and lolicons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcloving View Post
yes i guess that's a good point he'll reach that level faster - unless his ss just becomes a hax and removes/ignores the limit by allowing a set number of boosts without considering capacity
There was an example somewhere in Vol. 2 that even if BG continues boosting, once the power exceeds his limits Ise falls unconscious.
If he can continue boosting without falling unconscious, his punches would probably not only hurt/kill the enemy but himself as well.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:28   Link #30031
NightGale

Quote:
Ise marrying Rias is a given.
Whether he will change his family name is another question.
Anyway, Duke Gremory's name has never been mentioned, as far as I know.
Well yeah, is just a manner of speech,xD.
...And i see his name hasnīt been mentioned, well heīs kind of a forgettable character compared with the presence of Venerana at his side...
Quote:
Do i disagree? i doubt you read the previous posts since you are using most facts which indicate that ise
and rias will get married. I already said that the chances of rias marrying ise are equal to the ones of ise getting his own harem.
the problem here is that people believe he will change his last name without having any substantial proof in the matter.

just so you know they never stated his name.

Same argument as sona x saji unless sona wants saji it will not happen
unless ise wants to change his last name it will not happen.
Sorry i havenīt ...is kind of hard to keep up with this thread and reviving dead discussions of 20 pages or so ago is not proper(more or less what happens when i post, go to school and comeback...), so the only thing i can do is read what i can and answer based on specific posts...
Anyway, generally speaking when people talk about continuing a house, the head has to carry the name of the house... in this case i believe that whether Ise changes his last name or not... isnīt that irrelevant? the next head will be Rias and she IS a Gremory ...if he does have to change his last name, it will be more or less a formality as a representative in front of the underworld society, which will be only on events and parties since Rias plans on leading the Gremory from her house in the human world where everyone will still treat Ise as Hyoudou Issei.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:31   Link #30032
ccie20012

chances of rias marrying ise eq 99.999(9) %

Rias in love to Issei
Issei in love to Rias
In this marriage there are no obstacles.
I can not imagine what could stop it.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:45   Link #30033
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Well yeah, is just a manner of speech,xD.
...And i see his name hasnīt been mentioned, well heīs kind of a forgettable character compared with the presence of Venerana at his side...
And yet, Rias' father apparently had a harem! I actually wonder what happened to all the ladies.. >_>
Old 2012-04-30, 09:53   Link #30034
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

The entire underworld knowing it was Ise that defeated the giant monsters is a given since his gigantic form is similar to his normal BB armor, only bigger in size.
And that form is the one that stars in the Oppai Dragon show.
So the only thing that's up for debate is wether the tv crews will still be transmiting the battle to the underworld's tv or not.
If yes then everyone will immediatly identify Ise as the one kicking some monster ass.
If not I'm not seeing anyone witholding the information that he was the one doing all that.
As far as I'm concerned, the only information worth witholding is the one of Ise's "death".
Old 2012-04-30, 09:57   Link #30035
Soji

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, the only information worth witholding is the one of Ise's "death".
And this one not matter anymore with Ise back .

Quote:
Anyway, generally speaking when people talk about continuing a house, the head has to carry the name of the house... in this case i believe that whether Ise changes his last name or not... isnīt that irrelevant? the next head will be Rias and she IS a Gremory ...if he does have to change his last name, it will be more or less a formality as a representative in front of the underworld society, which will be only on events and parties since Rias plans on leading the Gremory from her house in the human world where everyone will still treat Ise as Hyoudou Issei.
Agree on this one. Even in the case he had to do that he just need to use that surname in events and/or parties. For the most of the time he would still be Hyoudou.(Again if the whole surname thing happen). Also in the human world would be in few to know about his devil life.

Quote:
chances of rias marrying ise eq 99.999(9) %

Rias in love to Issei
Issei in love to Rias
In this marriage there are no obstacles.
I can not imagine what could stop it.
Agree. the only thing that we don't know is when .
Old 2012-04-30, 10:02   Link #30036
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
And this one not matter anymore with Ise back .
Only during the initial attack.
The scene from life -3 with the children asking for Oppai Dragon to come and save them was real heart-breaking.
Thankfully Ise returned quite fast to answer the children's cries, but still it really touched me.
Now that he came back and played a major role during the battle, I hope they build some statues in his honor.
The other young devils fought bravely and also did their share of the work, but Ise still deserves more than them a statue in his name and of the Oppai Dragon as the hero of the Underworld.
From low-tier devil to hero of the entire underworld in 6 months.
Damn he's good.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:03   Link #30037
thewingedone

No new summaries today? goes off to cry....
Old 2012-04-30, 10:04   Link #30038
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
And yet, Rias' father apparently had a harem! I actually wonder what happened to all the ladies.. >_>
Actually no, Venerana's point was that she snapped him up as quickly as possible and has had him under her control ever since.

Which is why she advised Rias to strike first and take decisive action... And that's why Rias went for the sauna seduction. If successful, it establishes a superior position above all the competitors.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-04-30, 10:07   Link #30039
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

It seems the gremory are kind and...slow in love? Or at least father and daughter
Old 2012-04-30, 10:08   Link #30040
Soji

Darth SpiderDen@ And i agree with this.( i mean the children part). But from life 0 and life 1 not matter anymore. About the statue i don't think he care about that . I mean he probally just happy to be back to Rias and the other.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural