AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 11:40   Link #9481
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I've just read the last chapter in Volume 10. I shudder to imagine just how many people inversed Origami slaughtered. To read the spoilers was one thing, but to read the actual text itself is another matter altogether. The narrative successfully painted a vivid picture of just how apocalyptic that carnage was. I suspect even the shelters were not immune to Inverse Origami's beams of doom.

No wonder the author seems to have difficulties deciding the direction DaL should take after the Origami arc - he just turned the entire setting where the story took place so far, Tenguu City into a hell hole of death and destruction. If subsequent volumes reveal that Tonomachi and Ai, Mai and Mii were killed off during Origami's rampage in this chapter, the High School setting of Date a Live would be utterly broken for good, and I can see the author going down this route. Shoo out the clowns indeed.

There's no way to re-establish the status quo, after this chapter. And I applaud the author's bravery, in nuking the setting he spent 10 volumes building up and crafting stories in.
The status quo would be broken if this were almost any other series. But since spacequakes are a major and common part of this series, very little would actually change. If the events of Volume 7, where Miku took control of every one and Inverse Tohka carved a large chunk out of the city (at least in the anime),but only managed to move the timing of the school festival, Origami's attacks will be written off as another spacequake. And since the majority of Origami's attacks will be focused on the spirits and Yoshino and Natsumi are working on minimizing damage, the casualty count might not be that bad.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 12:07   Link #9482
kagato3

It's also why from the looks of it the goal of the next book is to prevent Origami from getting to that point. Kurumi flat out said that she was too far gone before she sent him back.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 13:16   Link #9483
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
There's no way to re-establish the status quo, after this chapter.
And I applaud the author's bravery, in nuking the setting he spent
10 volumes building up and crafting stories in.
Yeah, one thing in Vol 10 is situation being irreversible. Maybe it can be
reversed, so it's up to the author will make it very dirty, or much better
than being dirty.

But I still think the story will go forward, I think we will still see where
it will go to in the battle between Origami and the spirits, Ellen and AST,
as (I guess) a lot of people are waiting to see
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 13:48   Link #9484
Nvis
Where are the good animes

If Shidou stops Origami in the past then she won't return Inverse and cause destruction.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 14:02   Link #9485
edwzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
If Shidou stops Origami in the past then she won't return Inverse and cause destruction.

the past cannot be altered, will try to save the parents of origami and is only going to lead to his death
edwzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 15:14   Link #9486
Miraluka
Banned

Kurumo has a surname because she existed before Koushi writed Date a Live.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 17:50   Link #9487
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwzin View Post
the past cannot be altered, will try to save the parents of origami and is only going to lead to his death
We have no proof that this is a fact. Kurumi's whole character is built around the belief that the past can be changed. The whole stated goal of novel 11 in the preview blurb is Shidou going back to the past to prevent Origami from inverting to begin with. If the past is truly unchangeable then the next book will be a completely different tone then any of the others since Shidou would fail and Origami will be unsavable since she is so broken in her inverted form she is no longer reponding to the out side world.
Spoiler for vol 11 blurb:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 01:18   Link #9488
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
We have no proof that this is a fact. Kurumi's whole character is built around the belief that the past can be changed. The whole stated goal of novel 11 in the preview blurb is Shidou going back to the past to prevent Origami from inverting to begin with. If the past is truly unchangeable then the next book will be a completely different tone then any of the others since Shidou would fail and Origami will be unsavable since she is so broken in her inverted form she is no longer reponding to the out side world.
Spoiler for vol 11 blurb:
Actually, we have substantial reason to believe the past can be changed. Why else would Kurumi be gathering power? It's her ability, one would think she'd be aware if what she was doing was pointless.

That said, I still hope Origami dies.
Old 2014-08-02, 01:55   Link #9489
TankGoat
Bahhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Actually, we have substantial reason to believe the past can be changed. Why else would Kurumi be gathering power? It's her ability, one would think she'd be aware if what she was doing was pointless.
To fulfill destiny.
Spoiler for Guess:
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra,
Dum veneris judicare
saeculum per ignem.
TankGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 02:08   Link #9490
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

That said, I still hope Origami dies.
You... You'd undo the completion of the circle of creation. The consequences of that happening would be catastrophic. What happens now is that Tachibana is adding more plot importance on her by making her a spirit, which also includes keeping her alive, whether you like it or not.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 03:18   Link #9491
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Agree to that
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 04:49   Link #9492
Harukaze Kawaguchi

If Origami saved by Shido, she may joined Ratatoskr as their part of team, become aloof ally of sorts (especially for Spirits). As well telling all of AST members not all Spirits are bad.

That's if Origami change her behavior and her personal view about Spirits.
Harukaze Kawaguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 05:54   Link #9493
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukaze Kawaguchi View Post
If Origami saved by Shido, she may joined Ratatoskr as their part of team, become aloof ally of sorts (especially for Spirits). As well telling all of AST members not all Spirits are bad.

That's if Origami change her behavior and her personal view about Spirits.
I don't know if that would work on the AST as a whole, except those whom she was under, her company, can be convinced at the very least. I recall one of her colleagues decided to resign shortly after when Origami was discharged (consider that as her resignation in favor of DEM for more power by becoming a Wizard). So we might expect that Ratatoskr will gain more assets, which are her former AST company to join its course. That will become the first AST asset to join the Ratatoskr.

By the way, I'm more concerned of the possibility of her undergo a 180 degree change in personality, just like Miku did. From a cold-looking stoic to a happy outspoken girl.
Old 2014-08-02, 06:15   Link #9494
Harukaze Kawaguchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I don't know if that would work on the AST as a whole, except those whom she was under, her company, can be convinced at the very least. I recall one of her colleagues decided to resign shortly after when Origami was discharged (consider that as her resignation in favor of DEM for more power by becoming a Wizard). So we might expect that Ratatoskr will gain more assets, which are her former AST company to join its course. That will become the first AST asset to join the Ratatoskr.

By the way, I'm more concerned of the possibility of her undergo a 180 degree change in personality, just like Miku did. From a cold-looking stoic to a happy outspoken girl.
Unless if some of Ratatoskr members appears and explain everything. If AST leaders willing to understand about Spirit's nature, it's possible all of AST members join Ratatoskr and they become Ratatoskr's biggest asset after Origami.

Also, despite Origami become a happy-go-lucky girl, this doesn't change the fact that she's Tohka's rival. I'm looking forward if Origami become major team player for all Spirits, because her Sephira is the highest of all. As well Tohka and Origami become a partner in battle.
Old 2014-08-02, 06:22   Link #9495
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I don't expect Origami to have such a strong change in her personality as Miku did, I'm expecting Origami will probably become more open with the people around, more willing to express or show some emotions, and she'll lose a lot of the hostility and coldness she has towards the Spirit, she'll still be a bit hostile and cold towards the Spirits, but it'll be since the rest of the Spirits are rivals for Shidou's affection over any kind of hatred. Also her attempts to seduce Shidou will probably more daring considering what'll happen when she's been sealed
Old 2014-08-02, 06:31   Link #9496
Harukaze Kawaguchi

As well Tohka and Origami become partner.
Old 2014-08-02, 08:33   Link #9497
tuckersister

Origami will probably have a gag of show up out of nowhere.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 08:36   Link #9498
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Origami will probably have a gag of show up out of nowhere.
Well, she gained the ability to become light and appearing wherever she wants.
Old 2014-08-02, 08:46   Link #9499
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
And that would be freaky of her if she's daring to peep him in shower, and it would be worse if she has thermal/x-ray vision.
Old 2014-08-02, 08:48   Link #9500
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Well from the chapter it seems like that move is a bit instinctive as, when she first used it Origami was also shocked by it
Spoiler for Volume 10:

From that the teleportation does seem to be instinctive as Origami is shocked by it. But once she figures out how to do it purposely and use a Limited-astral dress she's gonna use however she can to be close to Shidou

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy