AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 00:10   Link #41
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Infinite Stratos for me, I wanna see what antics will some of the characters get into...I even subscribed to one issue of comic alive just to see how far they are
Old 2010-10-22, 00:12   Link #42
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

mitsudomoe 2
wandering son
gosick

everything else, probably not unless i hear some good reviews...
wtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 01:13   Link #43
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Will definitely watch:

- Mitsudomoe 2
- Kodomo no Jikan OVA
- Nichijou OVA - They should add it on the chart already.

Might (or might not) watch:

- Fractale
- Gosick
- Yume Kui Merry

The rest is either uninteresting or falls into the "I didn't even watch the previous season yet, so I'm not going to bother with it now" category.

Last edited by Honoakari; 2010-11-01 at 02:26.
Honoakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 03:34   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Kara no Kyoukai , eh what ? i thought last ova was the end .
It's an epilogue set after the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How could we forget the second season of the magnificent Baka Test?
Nothing for a while has been said regarding it's air date, so i'm not sure if it's happening in Winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Is DEEN a good anime studio to you?
They are in my opinion. Especially with great shows like (just to name a few) Simoun, Higurashi, Hatenkou Yuugi and Marimite seasons.
Old 2010-10-22, 03:38   Link #45
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is that recalled out summer or just the standard epilogue from Vol. 7?

Quote:
They are in my opinion. Especially with great shows like (just to name a few) Simoun, Higurashi, Hatenkou Yuugi and Marimite seasons.
Don't forget the Read or Die OVAs. No other anime has a pile of American dollars being used as a katana.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 04:58   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
How you can tell that just from summaries is beyond me. Ah well.
He did the same last season, even called it completely garbage and filled with moe shows even though moe shows probably made up 20% of it. I called him out on it and he got butthurt, lol neg rep and than later on he starts campaigner desperately for a HSotD sub forum even though it was "garbage" after he read the synopsis.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 05:15   Link #47
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
He did the same last season, even called it completely garbage and filled with moe shows even though moe shows probably made up 20% of it. I called him out on it and he got butthurt, lol neg rep and than later on he starts campaigner desperately for a HSotD sub forum even though it was "garbage" after he read the synopsis.
When did I neg rep you? Lol.

Both these seasons have been pretty terrible, and I didn't campaign for a HoTD subforum because it was a good show (It ended up being pretty lol), but rather because I felt it was more deserving than Amagami SS.

If you think I take any comments like these that seriously, you're pretty deluded.

Quote:
Just going to mention that Higurashi had to be rescued by its creator and that a miniscule amount of godo shows compared to the overwhelming amounts of junk they produce don't really justify them as a good studio IMO.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 05:31   Link #48
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wow, there's nothing in it for me just like the current season. I have no expectations whatsoever; if something turns out good, wake me up from hibernation.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 05:54   Link #49
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Bleh, not much I can add to my list, just Kimitodo because I watch the predecessor n IS for eyecandy

And...
Quote:
Just when I thought anime couldn't get any shittier Studio Deen comes to the rescue.

Sigh.

Gosick I might check out. Rest is utter crap.
If just Hourou Musuko isn't on that list, I might ignore this post.
Know more before you generalize pls..
Old 2010-10-22, 06:14   Link #50
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:

Nothing for a while has been said regarding it's air date, so i'm not sure if it's happening in Winter.

Second season of BakaTest will be aired next spring.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 09:35   Link #51
Raiza Sunozaki

Kara no Kyoukai.
Kara no Kyoukai.
Finally! A date for the next movie. That's big on my watch.
And I'm really excited for Kimi ni Todoke. That series is one of my favourite shoujo's. Ever. I'm going to break the ceiling on my pitch range from all the "fwee"-ing I'm going to be doing. Gosick, combing a mystery novel-esque plot and BONES, also looks enticing. Other than that, Even if Beezlebub is only a OVA like I heard earlier, seeing Oga in animation is something that sounds awesome. And Fractale looks like it might be good.
Other than that, I'm a little annoyed that there's two DEEN anime out this season, since no matter how bad they are, I have to check out all of their anime.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 09:56   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Second season of BakaTest will be aired next spring.
Really - is that official? Last I heard was winter.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 11:17   Link #53
james0246

Besides Kimi no Todoke Season 2, not much interesting on the list...

Will check out Fractale, Wandering Son, and Starry Sky, and the OVA/Films Kara no Kyoukai, Mirai Nikki, and probably Mazinkaiser...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 12:27   Link #54
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Beelzebub sits at the top of my must watch list. I just really really really really really hope they get this right.

Others I'll probably be watching are Kimi ni Todoke II, Gosick, Is this a Zombie?, Dragon Crisis, Infinite Stratos and Rio.

If I've got time, might throw in few others like Mistudome 2 and probably Wolverine for the sake of it.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:45   Link #55
iceyfw

definitely going to watch mitsudumoe 2, the kara no kyoukai epilogue OVA, and future dairy OVA.

the rest is a bit iffy. i guess i am getting into more of the somewhat more serious story and plot with some humor that actually progresses fast in an anime adaption.

Kimi ni Todoke II is a 50/50. i gave up watching the first season halfway. it's just another shoujo how X girl gets affected by Y boy throughout the course of their time and then they confess to each other in the very end.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 13:51   Link #56
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
And...

If just Hourou Musuko isn't on that list, I might ignore this post.
Know more before you generalize pls..
Apparently you have a better idea of what I like than I do. If that is the case, please teach me. I am ignorant of my own tastes.

If one of these shows turns out to be a gem miraculously, I'll hear about it, but the fact is that the premise doesn't interests me at all, and many of these animes are done by traditionally bad studios (DEEN).
Old 2010-10-22, 14:03   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
and many of these animes are done by traditionally bad studios (DEEN).
Three shows by Studio DEEN out of sixteen isn't really 'many' now is it?
Old 2010-10-22, 14:10   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Three shows by Studio DEEN out of sixteen isn't really 'many' now is it?
I said many of these shows are done by traditionally bad "studios" and gave DEEN as an example?

A-1 picture's isn't so hot either to me, madhouse is good but I am not interested in Japanese versions of American superheroes, JC staff is pretty hit or miss (More often miss though and based on the summary of their show I have no interest), and we also have AIC that is not a very exciting studio as well with also a bad synopsis.

Then we have the bottom row of the chart... Which isn't even worth mentioning.

Of course this is my opinion on these studios, but it is easy to sort out through what I consider "meh" animes. The only notable studios doing any work for me right now are Bones (Which I said I'd check out Gosick), Production I.G. (Didn't like first season of Kimi ni Todoke), and Madhouse (Which I mentioned above that I am not interested).
Old 2010-10-22, 17:33   Link #59
Shyne

I would have to say that Fractale and I might look at Merry Dream Eater not too sure.

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 18:36   Link #60
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
I said many of these shows are done by traditionally bad "studios" and gave DEEN as an example?

A-1 picture's isn't so hot either to me, madhouse is good but I am not interested in Japanese versions of American superheroes, JC staff is pretty hit or miss (More often miss though and based on the summary of their show I have no interest), and we also have AIC that is not a very exciting studio as well with also a bad synopsis.

Then we have the bottom row of the chart... Which isn't even worth mentioning.

Of course this is my opinion on these studios, but it is easy to sort out through what I consider "meh" animes. The only notable studios doing any work for me right now are Bones (Which I said I'd check out Gosick), Production I.G. (Didn't like first season of Kimi ni Todoke), and Madhouse (Which I mentioned above that I am not interested).
A-1 pictures has technically become a solid studio these recent years but some of their series lack good screenwriters.
Actually I have high hopes for the new JC Staff since the director is Shigeyasu Yamauchi but I agree JC Staff is hit or miss.
AIC studio is kind of special since it has several divisions : AIC A.S.T.A, AIC Spirits, ... Hourou Musuko AIC Classic seems new so it may be to soon to judge.

How about ufotable in your list ?
There're also recent studios which are promising like Gohands, Ordet or 8-Bit.
However I think having expectations according to studios may give some hints but it isn't totally relevant.

Tags
series