AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 02:03   Link #21041
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Suuki, I'm not meaning to be rude with this, but that would make a lot more sense in the Genderbending Images thread.

Anyway, pardon me while I try and get the thought of Haruki sounding like dub!Edward Elric out of my head.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 02:38   Link #21042
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaKyoto View Post
Kyonko meets Adult Mituusu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsx9nxIXCA
Awesome, but I didn't even know that part four and five were done, too. I only heard the first three. Anyone know the links to four and five are?
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 02:42   Link #21043
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Awesome, but I didn't even know that part four and five were done, too. I only heard the first three. Anyone know the links to four and five are?
Post #14283. All chaptes in one.

You can find it in the archive.

However, it is true the first post is not updated...
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 02:44   Link #21044
ShinyaKyoto

Send a message via AIM to ShinyaKyoto Send a message via Yahoo to ShinyaKyoto
You can also find it as one link:

Volume 1:
[Prologue-Chapter 5]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFIC9NDD
ShinyaKyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 03:23   Link #21045
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I appreciate it guys. The first post has never been updated, so I never knew that it was still going. I'm happy about it, though, as I think the voice actress for Kyonko is doing an awesome job!
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 04:07   Link #21046
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I belive Ricky definition, as a folklore tale, fits very well because of that. It is also very poetic.
It also fits in neatly with anything Henry Jenkins says about creative audiences.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 05:19   Link #21047
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Y'all need to tell me things that need to be added to the first post if/when it needs updating.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:59   Link #21048
ShinyaKyoto

Send a message via AIM to ShinyaKyoto Send a message via Yahoo to ShinyaKyoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Anyway, pardon me while I try and get the thought of Haruki sounding like dub!Edward Elric out of my head.
I thought the same thing with this new one I just mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gs3rAU3a8I
What's funny that Haruki's VA did play Edward in my FMA radioplay lol

Anyways, besides that, i have chapter 7 already written yet haven't given it to my VAs, only Koizumi's VA that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Well, this is my first time posting in this thread, and I'm only doing so to ask a quick question.

I remember listening to the fandub to the Genderbending series, and I liked it a lot. I was wondering of any of you knew when the next update on it was due (It's been a while since it updated).
I hardly check this topic so I never noticed this post you did. But at least you got the new chapters and saw the previews for chapter 6.
ShinyaKyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 23:09   Link #21049
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Seems like in closed space, Haruki is more aggressive than Haruhi (Haruhi's not supposed to lose to Kyon...)
Old 2009-11-11, 00:00   Link #21050
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4, Interlude 08: Thunder Rumbling:

Hmm... renewal of one of my previous theories.

Are we really doing this entire scene without any way to identify the speaker? That'll be interesting...

Anyways... yeah, I should probably be asleep or something instead of posting edits, but whatever. After all, it's not really like I've been able to keep a rational sleeping schedule anyways. Or do my arabic homework and go to class and whatnot... Spore is much more fun anyways. Also, what's up with Kaisos? Did he get banned or something? Is this going to spread to the rest of us working/editing the Visual Novel? Are the mods gunning for editors next?

Sleep-deprivation paranoia is fun.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:05   Link #21051
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
That post kinda hurt my eyes, you know. You're an amusing one...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:11   Link #21052
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Also, what's up with Kaisos? Did he get banned or something? Is this going to spread to the rest of us working/editing the Visual Novel? Are the mods gunning for editors next?
Spoiler policy is the reason Kaisos is doing time. Things will continue regardless.

Old 2009-11-11, 13:53   Link #21053
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4, Interlude 08: Thunder Rumbling:

Hmm... renewal of one of my previous theories.

Are we really doing this entire scene without any way to identify the speaker? That'll be interesting...

Anyways... yeah, I should probably be asleep or something instead of posting edits, but whatever. After all, it's not really like I've been able to keep a rational sleeping schedule anyways. Or do my arabic homework and go to class and whatnot... Spore is much more fun anyways. Also, what's up with Kaisos? Did he get banned or something? Is this going to spread to the rest of us working/editing the Visual Novel? Are the mods gunning for editors next?

Sleep-deprivation paranoia is fun.
An interesting thought.
You may find my signature of interest.
Old 2009-11-11, 15:58   Link #21054
Silencian
Spontaneous Idea Producer

Send a message via MSN to Silencian
I found this forum entirely by accident via this topic. Anyway, the entire reason I'm posting is to ask exactly what has been covered during the thousand and fifty three pages (I've read the first ten, trying to read more seems like a lot of effort). I'm not adverse to trying to read through them all but it's going to take a long time. So, I'm wondering what stage this entire project is at (and the final decisions about characters and things).

I think I'm right in guessing the first book has been rewritten, since I read it this evening. If it hasn't, I'm slightly confused...

Oh, and I think being female suits Kyon more. Certainly makes him look better.
Silencian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 16:09   Link #21055
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencian View Post
I found this forum entirely by accident via this topic. Anyway, the entire reason I'm posting is to ask exactly what has been covered during the thousand and fifty three pages (I've read the first ten, trying to read more seems like a lot of effort). I'm not adverse to trying to read through them all but it's going to take a long time. So, I'm wondering what stage this entire project is at (and the final decisions about characters and things).

I think I'm right in guessing the first book has been rewritten, since I read it this evening. If it hasn't, I'm slightly confused...

Yes, it certainly does make him look better. Also, in response to your question, we are currently in the development of a Visual Novel.
Old 2009-11-11, 16:15   Link #21056
Silencian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Yes, it certainly does make him look better. Also, in response to your question, we are currently in the development of a Visual Novel.
Yes but you haven't answered my other question. What exactly has been done so far? I think I know but I just want to check.

I'm not that bothered about knowing what's been decided, though.
Old 2009-11-11, 16:20   Link #21057
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Click my signature.

Old 2009-11-11, 16:23   Link #21058
Silencian

So many links in the story thing. That's slightly scary...

Such a pity the rewriting thing has been abandoned. Ah well, what's been decided has been decided and there's not as if I can do anything about that. Short of continuing myself, which is something I doubt I'd be any good at.

Last edited by Silencian; 2009-11-11 at 16:55. Reason: To add something.
Old 2009-11-11, 16:51   Link #21059
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencian View Post

Hi. Be welcome.

First of all, you should read the FAQ, it should give you a good idea of waht is going on.

About your question, there is 2 projects hosted in this thread: The Rewrite Project and the Crossroads Project (A.K.A. Tsuji Project).

The Rewrite Project is the main one, you can see the archive here (along with many fanfics). All the first book was rewriten and also Vol.2 prolgue and part of Vol.3 first chapter. It is on hiatus right now, as the official writer, Kaisos Erranon is working in the new project. If I am not mistake, someone else have declared his intent to continue. I don't know what happened to him, tough.

The Crossroads Project (archive here) is the active one right now. It is a Date Sim Doujin based on the idea of the two universes (the main one and the genderbend one) meeting. Most of the first week/demo was already writen, but there was still few images, sounds and musics. Anyway who can help in these matter is welcome (also writers for "fluff" and the girl routes).

About the characters, most regard the first months in story was pretty much decided. The changes, as I can remember from memory alone, includes (in relation to the canon counterpart): Kyonko beng more friendly to Itsuko, being less found to Haruki, seeing Mitsuuru as a kind week 'brother'(but not romance interest). Haruki is a bit more of a jerkass (tough it might be more of perception, as his is a guy now) and less of a tsundere. Mitsuuru is considerable more annoying when Haruki is not nearby, and tries to be more pro-active (emphasis in "try"). Yuuki is pretty much the same and Itsuko is not much different either.

Everything past Sighs is up to decision, tough, as we haven't reached on it yet. (the Project Crossroads is set in September, between Endless Eight and Sighs). Aebliss' Setsubun fanfic might give an idea. It is not "canon" however.

Beside taht, good luck reading all the thread, you will need. I am sure no one expect you to read everything. Most is just random chitchat, anyway.

I would recommend, for a almost complete understandment, you to read the first pages, stoping when you feel the topic has got boring/useless. Then read the posts linked on the FAQ and the discussion taht it follow (and precede). And read the discussion that follow the rewrites (even the ones tha aren't canon). The same for each flowchart/outline/scenes if the Crossroads Project.

Even then, you still don't read everything I just listed. As long you don't be arrogant and try to impose your decisions it is ok. Questions are fine, as long as they aren't answered in the FAQ. Questioning why some decisions were made can be troublesome. Some were decided after a massive amount of discussion and flamewar, no one want to have to pass through it again. If you really, really want to know, I suppose you could pm someone. I can not guarantee any one but me wil reply, tough (and I also haven't been there from the very begining, so I don't know everything, sadly).

Well, be welcome again. I hope see you posting soon. Just for curiosity, where did you have knonw about that thread?

PP:
Oh, I was ninjed while writing that overly long post. I hope it is still useful, tough.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 17:01   Link #21060
Silencian

Ironically, I found and read the FAQ before you wrote that post.

I guess I'll just write and read random fanfics to keep myself occupied until something is completed (I don't really like reading things before they're completed, I hate stopping partway). Oh and I'm leaving for tonight. Bye.

Last edited by Silencian; 2009-11-11 at 17:06. Reason: Add something.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan