Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 05:17   Link #1
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
Naruto's eyes

in ep 17 when he was fighting haku in kyubi mode, he had brown "cat" eyes

now i noticed something after the fight vs gaara/shukaku.
when naruto is crawling towards gaara, with the help of his chin
he talks about his friends and how much he wants to protect them

and what i saw in his eyes where the cat eyes but without the brown color
i thought he lost that effect after he learned how to control kyubi's power a bit
but do they appear when he gets emotional or something ?
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 05:50   Link #2
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

might have been a fluke, or it was the after effect of his little kyubi-mode back on shuukaku's head.

But probably a fluke..
Old 2004-09-14, 06:25   Link #3
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
...brown color
i thought he lost that effect after he learned how to control kyubi's power a bit
I remember Jiraiya telling Naruto that the seal tends to leak a bit with radical changes in Naruto's emotions.
(*ByTheWay,Nice avatar fzz*)
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 07:12   Link #4
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
I remember Jiraiya telling Naruto that the seal tends to leak a bit with radical changes in Naruto's emotions.
(*ByTheWay,Nice avatar fzz*)
And he fixed the seal after that..
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 07:26   Link #5
fzz

aahh, ok makes some things clear now thx for the answers
i just found it tricky, cause the kyubi thing got triggered when sasuke got "killed" by haku, and now vs gaara hes also thinkin/caring about his friends..
so its getting triggered by emotions

thx btw Inuzuka
Old 2004-09-14, 10:42   Link #6
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin
And he fixed the seal after that..
It was before that, because before Kyuubi's chakra wasn't leaking thanks to Orochimaru, which messed up Naruto's chakra aswell
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 10:50   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz

now i noticed something after the fight vs gaara/shukaku.
when naruto is crawling towards gaara, with the help of his chin
he talks about his friends and how much he wants to protect them

and what i saw in his eyes where the cat eyes but without the brown color
Naruto get Kyubized many times in the manga but the anime team prefered not to show Naruto using a demon probably because using a demon and dark red chakra are too much evil for a child hero...

So yes as Jiraiya said usually high emotions make Naruto taps on the Kyubi and Naruto get his beast eyes most of the time during that.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 10:54   Link #8
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
THe episodes with Sabuza and Haku are the misty episodes. It's like the brightness is messed up. The mist was created by Sabuza, and it lasted for about 4 episodes or something...

Maybe that was the difference in color. And offcourse anybody can see that his eyes are transforming when the demon fox "lends" his power to Naruto. Also his teeth are growing bigger and his hands are becoming claws. Now when Naruto gets to a different level, that's another case.... but nobody has seen that yet.
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 11:02   Link #9
fzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin
THe episodes with Sabuza and Haku are the misty episodes. It's like the brightness is messed up. The mist was created by Sabuza, and it lasted for about 4 episodes or something...

Maybe that was the difference in color. And offcourse anybody can see that his eyes are transforming when the demon fox "lends" his power to Naruto. Also his teeth are growing bigger and his hands are becoming claws. Now when Naruto gets to a different level, that's another case.... but nobody has seen that yet.
nah, cause when naruto, sasuke and sakura encountered oro in the exams
he also had those brown cat eyes, and was saying at sasuke: are u scared ? scaredy cat ?
Old 2004-09-14, 11:23   Link #10
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I wonder what the properties of Naruto's eyes are. They appear to be enhanced, as he had some ability to see Haku, or at least detect him. Plus, he seems to be able to see things at top speeds. Also, I wonder if his vision is 'red'.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 11:42   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't think the eyes have any particular properties, Naruto was able to predict Haku's attack because he was like a beast, he wasn't even looking at Haku when he did that.
Old 2004-09-14, 13:56   Link #12
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

I agree with you Hunter, but we'll see soon...
gruvy_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 14:31   Link #13
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Well, his eyes have to have something different. Function vs. Structure, after all. The Kyuubi's power enhances his other functions--he's stronger, quicker, more clawier. I don't think it's a big leap to say that his eyes are probably improved.
Old 2004-09-14, 14:39   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well do you think his whiskers improve and have particular properties?

All Naruto's capacities improve overall when he's Kyubized (except his brain it seems...) so yes he's able to move faster or to see better his opponent moving at high speed, but it's not particulary the beast eyes which are just a change of appearance like his claws or fangs, it's just that his body improves as a whole.

It's not like the Sharingan or the Byakugan, I don't think that the eyes have a particular ability by themself.
Old 2004-09-14, 14:51   Link #15
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Unless the change in eyes is genjutsu, then Naruto's vision has to be affected--there's no way around it.

As to the whiskers, if they even are whiskers (they look kinda 2d to me,) then yes they have improved properties, it's just that Naruto would probably never need the sort of function whiskers bestow--which is the increased ability to not run into things in the dark. Of course this is kinda ridiculous, but you can agree that, since they're longer, well, they're longer. Therefore the extent to which they can detect objects is increased. Since Naruto's eyes change, well then his eyes change. Since the form of the eye is specifically designed for a specific function, and even small changes can create huge distinctions in function, then the function of Naruto's eyes changes when they change from anywhere to a small amount to a large amount.

Of course, they'd probably be nowhere near the sharingan or byukugan. But then again, you never know when an immortal demon's concerned.
Old 2004-09-14, 16:49   Link #16
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Unless the change in eyes is genjutsu, then Naruto's vision has to be affected--there's no way around it.
What the hell are inventing?

Quote:
As to the whiskers, if they even are whiskers (they look kinda 2d to me,) then yes they have improved properties, it's just that Naruto would probably never need the sort of function whiskers bestow--which is the increased ability to not run into things in the dark. Of course this is kinda ridiculous, but you can agree that, since they're longer, well, they're longer.
lol yeah this is very ridiculous and yeah the whiskers of Naruto are only marks on his cheeks.

Quote:
Therefore the extent to which they can detect objects is increased. Since Naruto's eyes change, well then his eyes change. Since the form of the eye is specifically designed for a specific function, and even small changes can create huge distinctions in function, then the function of Naruto's eyes changes when they change from anywhere to a small amount to a large amount.

Of course, they'd probably be nowhere near the sharingan or byukugan. But then again, you never know when an immortal demon's concerned.
O_O
You know I'm really hesitating if you're joking or completely high because you make absolutely no sense

To summarize your post you say that the beast eyes can be a Genjutsu(!), that's the whiskers which are not real whiskers are longer so they're longer (wow!) and that therefore he can detect objects better(!!), that because he get beast eyes the function of his eyes must change (what are the new function of his teeth and nails without speaking of his hairs which can change as well btw?).

I mean wow! You must be in a pretty good trip!
Old 2004-09-14, 17:34   Link #17
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
What the hell are inventing?

O_O
You know I'm really hesitating if you're joking or completely high because you make absolutely no sense

To summarize your post you say that the beast eyes can be a Genjutsu(!), that's the whiskers which are not real whiskers are longer so they're longer (wow!) and that therefore he can detect objects better(!!), that because he get beast eyes the function of his eyes must change (what are the new function of his teeth and nails without speaking of his hairs which can change as well btw?).

I mean wow! You must be in a pretty good trip!
Ok, either you have trouble understanding basic English or biology, or you're just plain disrespectful.

I never said I thought his eyes were genjutsu, I just said if. I also didn't say his whiskers are really whiskers, you were the first one. In fact I expressed doubt that they were so. But since you asked, I answered. And yes, whiskers are used to detect surroundings in darkness.

It's also common sense that if the change in his eyes is real that his vision must change somehow also. I never said the physical change in his eyes would be the better for his vision, just that his vision would change. When the kyuubi takes over, it makes Naruto more bestial. Beasts have different vision from humans.

Btw, the function in his teeth and nails is now better suited to tearing and ripping flesh. So yeah, there is a difference.
Old 2004-09-14, 17:36   Link #18
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Maybe... it just looked cool so it was drawn like that? ^_^
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:11   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Ok, either you have trouble understanding basic English or biology, or you're just plain disrespectful.
I'm affraid it's the 4th option : i'm just laughing.
No need to take it bad, your post was funny that's all.

Quote:
I never said I thought his eyes were genjutsu, I just said if. I also didn't say his whiskers are really whiskers, you were the first one. In fact I expressed doubt that they were so. But since you asked, I answered. And yes, whiskers are used to detect surroundings in darkness.
Ho? Where did I say that the whiskers were real and not marks?
No, you just invented this funny thing about the improvement of the whiskers, you then admitted that it was ridiculous and I merely agreed with you.

Quote:
It's also common sense that if the change in his eyes is real that his vision must change somehow also. I never said the physical change in his eyes would be the better for his vision, just that his vision would change. When the kyuubi takes over, it makes Naruto more bestial. Beasts have different vision from humans.
You specifically said that the beast eyes should have some new properties, well no there is no reason that it should be the case especially when it was never even hinted after 230 chapters.
Like I said, Naruto's vision is surely better in this state given that all his physical capacities improve but that's all, no particular new properties.

Quote:
Btw, the function in his teeth and nails is now better suited to tearing and ripping flesh. So yeah, there is a difference.
Haha not bad but you forgot his hairs, what's the improvement about that? ^^
Old 2004-09-14, 18:52   Link #20
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Haha not bad but you forgot his hairs, what's the improvement about that? ^^

It becomes fuller/stronger/shinier and less prone to tangling, also gets rid of any unsightly split ends.
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote