AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 03:44   Link #21
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It takes light 6 hours to reach Pluto from the sun.

New Horizons is as slow as old people fucking when you think about it...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 03:50   Link #22
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I should also add that many local anesthetics and pain control medications are based on cocaine derivatives (procaine, lidocaine, morphine etc.). The stuff is still addicting though and some patients do actually get hooked on that shit. You need a special license here to actually prescribe those.

No I'm not writing you one.
If I want a sedating high there are always alternatives - namely in the form of over-the-counter anti-histamines.

Alternatively, one can always boil scraped banana peel insides with sugar water to create a mild hallucinogenic. As always, in sufficient doses, it becomes a drug....and that is totally legal. Besides, bananas are cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
actually, they still use coca leaves to make it today... just that the cocaine part of it has been extracted
I am inclined to think that it is actually a claim rather than something actual - according to the principles of equilibria in chemistry, there wouldn't be a way to remove all of it or it will change the taste of the cola itself.

Most likely it is a long-time PR stunt, under the category of "we, the big company, are against harmful chemicals which breed social ills". It helps bolster reputation and sells more cola.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:30   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The game Minecraft can create a world that is 6 times bigger than earth.
Old 2010-12-20, 06:52   Link #24
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

The post above me speaks the truth
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 12:33   Link #25
JRendell
Manga Addict

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo." is a grammatically valid sentence in English.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 13:51   Link #26
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo." is a grammatically valid sentence in English.
lulz

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
Old 2010-12-20, 15:15   Link #27
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Over 2500 left handed people are killed each year from using products made for right handed people.

A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.

A dentist invented the Electric Chair.

On average, people fear spiders more than they do dying. However, statistically you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by the bite of a poisonous spider.

(sorry if I'm being a downer. I find these really interesting...)
Old 2010-12-20, 15:23   Link #28
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
I should also add that many local anesthetics and pain control medications are based on cocaine derivatives (procaine, lidocaine, morphine etc.). The stuff is still addicting though and some patients do actually get hooked on that shit. You need a special license here to actually prescribe those.

No I'm not writing you one.
Isn't morphine derived from opium poppies?
Old 2010-12-20, 21:03   Link #29
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah sorry about that I wonder why I included morphine in that list. I just remembered that their biochemical mode of action is the same but their source is not.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:21   Link #30
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeko_Sengoku View Post
A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.
I don't quite believe that. How do they even test it?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:47   Link #31
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

To fake your own death you need to disappear for 10 years tell your name is out of the system. No fingerprints or using any PC and working under the table for 10 years
Old 2010-12-20, 22:59   Link #32
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
You know, that is a very good question. Back when they used the Guillotine, some scientists and medical practitioners would have their students or apprentices watch how many times the victim would blink after the beheading. Also, its good to know that what kills a brain is not the decapitation itself, but the lack of oxygen and other important chemicals provided through the bloodstream. Although, this doesn't mean the victim will always be conscious. They might be knocked out from the force that decapitated them, or due to the immediate loss of blood pressure.

So to answer your question briefly, they tested it back during the time periods when the guillotine was used for public executions, and it proved to be completely true.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:09   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post

Basic life control system are controlled by the brain stem such as breathing and certain reflex arcs. The heart pumping mechanism is part of the intrinsic pacemaker system of the heart and is mostly independent of CNS control.

The spinal cord reserves a bit of control over basic life control functions from 2nd and third order neurons that keep such actions ongoing until it shuts off when higher cortical controls from the brain stem and higher completely disappear, which accounts as to why corpses are observed to actually possess shallow and primitive breathing alongside basic reflexes seconds after death.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:20   Link #34
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Dr. Pepper contains prune juice.
Old 2010-12-21, 00:33   Link #35
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Hey, it IS a blend of 23 different flavors no?

It's my favorite soft drink, so I'd say, however they make it they're doing it right.~
Old 2010-12-21, 01:51   Link #36
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Basic life control system are controlled by the brain stem such as breathing and certain reflex arcs. The heart pumping mechanism is part of the intrinsic pacemaker system of the heart and is mostly independent of CNS control.

The spinal cord reserves a bit of control over basic life control functions from 2nd and third order neurons that keep such actions ongoing until it shuts off when higher cortical controls from the brain stem and higher completely disappear, which accounts as to why corpses are observed to actually possess shallow and primitive breathing alongside basic reflexes seconds after death.
You mean it is like people don't die instantly when they are killed (unless when shot through the head with a high-mass projectile)?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:13   Link #37
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Did you know?
The Sun's corona (the rays that are visible during an eclipse) is hotter than its surface.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:21   Link #38
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

We lose our sense of smell when we are having a cold or flu because the nasal sensory cells die off.

We gain back the sense of smell because our nasal stem cells regenerate those cells.

These nasal stems cells can also be used to regenerate any cell from any part of your body.

Yes to stem cell research.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:51   Link #39
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Myth busted.

http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/drpepper.asp
Old 2010-12-21, 03:37   Link #40
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Only 55% of Americans know that the sun is a star.

*face palm*
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote