AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 20:54   Link #1221
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Ichigo is like a character with a dynamic power level that conforms to the power level of the opponent but goes one step above it. Maybe that is really his mojo. The ability of the main character. It doesn't seem that odd, because now he is always able to copy the ability of the opponent.
Seems the same thing Kenpachi does, but forced...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 21:18   Link #1222
sayde

My cousin just read this chapter. The moment she finished, she busted out laughing. When I asked her why, she basically said that was the most literal form of plot armor she'd ever seen.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 21:19   Link #1223
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Nope, you can go back into hiding now.
Yoiks, and away!

(but really, that and the remaining bankais are the only things I'm interested in at this point )
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:22   Link #1224
Slayerx

Bit of fail on Bach's part...
He stabbed Ichigo in the neck with a huge frickin' sword and then noticed he was still breathing... and he didn't notice there was anything wrong with that picture. Really, an attack like that probably should have taken off ichigo's head, much less leave him breathing.
Old 2012-10-25, 01:35   Link #1225
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Bit of fail on Bach's part...
He stabbed Ichigo in the neck with a huge frickin' sword and then noticed he was still breathing... and he didn't notice there was anything wrong with that picture. Really, an attack like that probably should have taken off ichigo's head, much less leave him breathing.
That was probably my biggest problem with this chapter. Bach's sword seems to warp in size within panels. At first it looked like it should have slit at least half of Ichigo's neck off, but then we pan to Ichigo (with the Blut Vene) and it's somehow just stabbed him straight through--even though it was a curved blade. But maybe I was looking at it wrong.
Old 2012-10-25, 01:53   Link #1226
Langus
Optimus Prime

I cannot express how epically disappointed I am that Ichigo didn't lose his head. I was steepling my fingers with glee at the thought. But no... plot hax has to come in and ruin it. Ah well... There should've been a better end for Byakuya as well but what the hey. Kubo has just kind of given up at this point.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:28   Link #1227
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I cannot express how epically disappointed I am that Ichigo didn't lose his head. I was steepling my fingers with glee at the thought. But no... plot hax has to come in and ruin it. Ah well... There should've been a better end for Byakuya as well but what the hey. Kubo has just kind of given up at this point.
It’s quite obvious that he has and it seems that he only knows one way for Ichigo to win: powering up. Even if the proposed power-up doesn’t make much sense in the context of the world Kubo’s constructed, it’s going to happen.

But I think ever since Aizen merged with the hoguyoku, Kubo’s been in state of defeat, in a state of, “Oh, I’ve just got to write and it doesn’t matter if it makes sense or not—I’ll fix any inconsistencies later!” and he’s never really recovered. (Most will probably argue that the Fullbringer Arc was when Bleach nosedived [some will argue the Arrancar Arc], but I’ve always felt it most during Aizen–in-beast-mode Arc.)

During this arc though, Kubo will either make Misaki a quincy or possibly something even more bizarre and improbable. The problem is, Ichigo should already be strong enough to fight off these Quncies. The kid has gone through so many transformations that he should literally be a God by now—and seeing how these events are leading up, it’s prepping him to be one.

Last edited by Bassoonicmayhem; 2012-10-25 at 02:43.
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:51   Link #1228
Langus
Optimus Prime

Ichigo = Next Soul King?

No longer a completely unlikely possibility. Would be an interesting if not strange end to the manga. Ichigo uses his super hax powers to bring the two sides to an impasse and then agrees to mediate them as the new King of SS. Wonder what that'd do for his social life... Poster boy of every newbie soul reaper in SS? Possibly... But poor Orihime... Whatever would she do without her Kurosaki-kun?
Old 2012-10-25, 02:54   Link #1229
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Ichigo = Next Soul King?
No longer a completely unlikely possibility. Would be an interesting if not strange end to the manga. Ichigo uses his super hax powers to bring the two sides to an impasse and then agrees to mediate them as the new King of SS. Wonder what that'd do for his social life... Poster boy of every newbie soul reaper in SS? Possibly...
I wouldn't put it past Kubo. People specualted in the past that the Soul King didn't exist or had been long dead when Aizen was trying to invade. Maybe they'll just put a crown on Ichigo's head once he's fixed everything.
Quote:
But poor Orihime... Whatever would she do without her Kurosaki-kun?
Settle for Uryu?

I mean I think there has always been this chain of unrequited love in Bleach. Uryu loves Orihime (but she doesn't know it). Orihime loves Ichigo (but he doesn't know it). Ichigo has a mutual admiration with Rukia (or at least there was at the being of the series--now she looks up to him).
Old 2012-10-25, 04:27   Link #1230
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Ichigo has a mutual admiration with Rukia (or at least there was at the being of the series--now she looks up to him).
Well, it's impossible for her not to what with the height difference and all
Old 2012-10-25, 07:20   Link #1231
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
That was probably my biggest problem with this chapter. Bach's sword seems to warp in size within panels. At first it looked like it should have slit at least half of Ichigo's neck off, but then we pan to Ichigo (with the Blut Vene) and it's somehow just stabbed him straight through--even though it was a curved blade. But maybe I was looking at it wrong.
Actually i believe you were looking at it wrong as that wasn't bach's sword warping in size; ichigo's skin managed to block the blade, thus the blade only when deep enough to merely scratched him instead of taking his head off. The reason the blade looked so thin was because you only see the tip of the blade
Old 2012-10-25, 07:39   Link #1232
silvercover
Romance Expert

not to mention bacht already was giving orders to bring ichigo back. most likely he was intending to just disable him via a very deep wound rather than just killing him by decapitation.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:55   Link #1233
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well...another quick chapter *sigh*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:59   Link #1234
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

assuming ichigo acquired these quincy powers after/during being imprisoned in the cage, i'd place my bet on the mystery swordsman being isshin and ryuken being the one releasing ichigo and teaching him quincy techniques. seems most logical to me at this point
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:33   Link #1235
itachi-san314

Quote:
Well, it's impossible for her not to what with the height difference and all
oh you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
assuming ichigo acquired these quincy powers after/during being imprisoned in the cage, i'd place my bet on the mystery swordsman being isshin and ryuken being the one releasing ichigo and teaching him quincy techniques. seems most logical to me at this point
good call. the only way to make sense out of ichigo getting freed from a quincy prison is by a powerful quincy. but given the short amount of time, i'd assume that ryuken or possibly ishida just implanted quincy power in him some how. there wasn't really any time to learn and train
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:39   Link #1236
BlueCosmos

I thought the science guy with horns from soul society released ichigo and he was alone. when would ichigo have had time to meet with ryuken?
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:44   Link #1237
X207
Gamyūsa

thank you for clearing the difference or rather the lack of difference between Quincy/Hollow and Shinigami techniques.

i still do find the Quincy stuff with Ichigo is absurd but the manga has to end sometime. Inuyasha went for longer than it probably should've though i think Bleach has surpaseed Inuyasha in that sense long ago.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 15:36   Link #1238
Lendial

I kinda of wish bleach ended right after the SS arc. The story was excellent up to that point but things just kind of fizzled out into a repeat of the SS arc, pointless combat for 50 chapters followed by a completely pointless arc followed by this bounto 2.0 arc.
Old 2012-10-25, 16:31   Link #1239
Destined_Fate

Haven't read Bleach since they killed Gin in such a manner despite many characters surviving through much worse. Ichigo being the main offender.

So.. Is Gin back yet and did Ichigo gain yet another power where he somehow becomes the best at? Like is he a Quincy now or something? Wouldn't be surprised if that ever became a thing considering he seems to be getting everyone elses powers and than owning them with it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:11   Link #1240
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Haven't read Bleach since they killed Gin in such a manner despite many characters surviving through much worse. Ichigo being the main offender.

So.. Is Gin back yet and did Ichigo gain yet another power where he somehow becomes the best at? Like is he a Quincy now or something? Wouldn't be surprised if that ever became a thing considering he seems to be getting everyone elses powers and than owning them with it.
Gin isn't back yet... and yes.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter